Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2021, 22:52   #1036
BHPian

Re: Skoda Superb : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetroNerd View Post
Thank you so much. I was busy, sorry for the late reply.
Yes, the brown interior is too good. I think Skoda should replace the beige interior with a brown interior.
Kushaq, especially the 1.5 TSI evo DSG and Superb, are great cars you won't go wrong with.
Took a second TD of the Superb today and went through atrocious roads to check the GC and I must say it handled the roads like a pro. I am still deciding and working out a deal on the Superb L&K, hopefully they give me a deal I cannot refuse soon as its clearly the most VFM sedan right now. I even saw the Lava Blue in the flesh today and the White with Brown (happened a few days back in the evening so wasnt very clear), quite confused as all colours seem to look good on it. Have shortlisted the Lava Blue or the White with Brown.
M00M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2021, 23:19   #1037

Quote:
Originally Posted by M00M View Post
Took a second TD of the Superb today and went through atrocious roads to check the GC and I must say it handled the roads like a pro. I am still deciding and working out a deal on the Superb L&K, hopefully they give me a deal I cannot refuse soon as its clearly the most VFM sedan right now. I even saw the Lava Blue in the flesh today and the White with Brown (happened a few days back in the evening so wasnt very clear), quite confused as all colours seem to look good on it. Have shortlisted the Lava Blue or the White with Brown.
Yes, the Superb is the most underrated and VFM sedan in the Indian market right now. As you have mentioned, there is no issue regarding ground clearance. It handles really well. In fact, I've driven it to my relative's farm house, which has a bad road, and many other bad roads had no issues with the ground clearance. Once you drive a*European car, you will never go back. It ruins you forever. We have a 2012 Hyundai Verna 1.6 diesel that doesn't have high speed stability and I must say it has dead steering. The Verna doesn't offer the feel that is offered by the VW Polo, VW Vento and the Skoda Rapid.

Regarding the color, lava blue does look great on the Superb, but it is offered only with a beige interior. White is too common on Indian roads, so it doesn't stand out in the crowd. What about black?
PetroNerd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2021, 10:38   #1038
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
Journey in the last 8 days

Alright, so here goes. I've tried to use the car for anything and everything. Except to going to the bathroom or to take a shower, I have been trying to use any excuse to drive it around a bit. Heck, I even started to buy only half a litre milk each day so that I could use that as an excuse to drive.
After topping up the tank soon after delivery, it still says 480 kms distance to empty and average FE shows around 12 thus far. Fingers Crossed! 430 kms done as of tonight

Here are some shots at the PPF work done that I am really very pleased with. Each of the corners are tucked in which I do appreciate. I am given to understand it is a part of the SOP for Xpel brand globally. However, when I spoke with my friend at 3M, he said that at his outlet, they do it for all premium cars; who knew?!
While the body is pasted with the PPF, also requested to get it done for the side sills and also the tail lamps too, which I was told is not standard practice. Took the car today to their studio for a quick check / wash and the shots are taken from there today.
Congrats on getting Superb. It is a wholesome package in 32-38 lacs range which takes care of your needs superbly.

PPF work is good and looks great. And quiet thoughtful in getting the piano black areas done too. Request you to share the cost as well for reference of other users which will be helpful.

Wishing you many happy miles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
What's strangely missing: Things that have been quietly removed from the model
- Steering heating button on the left side of the left steering button cluster
- That removable torch of sorts that was in the boot
- Left side heating ORVM
- Key personalization for each specific / individual key that comes with the vehicle
This is definitely not okay. All these features will cost almost nothing or couple of thousands more. Why remove these?. Rather Skoda should be adding more to make it an awesome package.
Old 18th September 2021, 23:53   #1039

Has anyone faced any issues with the new skoda superb since it was updated with the DQ381 wet clutch DSG and 2.0 TSI ? If so, please share in detail. Skoda claims that they have improved a lot with their ASS. Would like to know the details to decide on whether to go for the extended warranty and the service package.
Old 19th September 2021, 03:41   #1040
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post

While I can't think of an issue causing this on a new car, you can try the following:
1) Jack up and see wheels are free to rotate (i.e. bearings are good)
Already done by Service Centre and found ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post
2) Use a thermal scanner to see the temperature of the brake disks after a drive to see any abnormal drag in any one of the wheels (or all wheels if you are able to compare with the demo car somehow!).
Done as part of the testing by Service Centre

Quote:
3) Doesn't hurt to get wheel alignment checked
Will try this.

Quote:
4) There is normally a fuel consumption menu item which shows how much does AC consume per hour - does it show more in your car compared to the demo?
This seems interesting. Didnt see this option at all on the MID. Can you pls let me know how to get this data?
Old 19th September 2021, 12:46   #1041

Quote:
Originally Posted by M00M View Post
Hi, a TeamBHP member purchased an Audi A4 Premium Plus for 39 Lakhs OTR, Mumbai. If you are stretching your budget till a Superb L&K, it is definitely worth at least checking out the A4.
theudrocks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2021, 16:53   #1042
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theudrocks View Post
Hi, a TeamBHP member purchased an Audi A4 Premium Plus for 39 Lakhs OTR, Mumbai. If you are stretching your budget till a Superb L&K, it is definitely worth at least checking out the A4.
It was one off deal. Apart from few lucky ones who were at the right place on right time none have been able to get similar deal.

Before one make the final call do understand what is your requirements. How do you want the service cost to fare out. How much is back space important to you? Is having huge boot space one of the criteria?
Old 19th September 2021, 20:02   #1043
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanjuInGgn View Post
This seems interesting. Didnt see this option at all on the MID. Can you pls let me know how to get this data?
It's in the car menu on the dashboard, after the mileage screens.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Superb : Official Review-img_20210919_190827.jpg  

Old 20th September 2021, 00:05   #1044
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theudrocks View Post
Thank you. I checked but that deal is not possible is what I have heard. I am considering the Superb L&K and have a deal but I am pushing for more

Lets see how successful I am. Also it seems Skoda has increased price by 80k of the Superb yesterday through some email to the dealers. I am waiting for clarity.
M00M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2021, 10:20   #1045
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanchi_s View Post
Bought a Skoda Superb L&K last week. The dealer checked at few of this contacts and came back saying myskodaconnect is not possible for Superb (mine is Jun'21 manufactured. This thread seems to be indicate this is possible from May'21 model). Was anyone else able to get this done? If yes, please advise how you got this done.

Also, anyone in Chennai who successfully got the 120 km warning signal sound lowered?
I bought a Superb Sportline last month, and I personally sat with the Service GM and got this configured and working on my car.
All new Superbs come with a Jio dongle attached to the OBD port, and that provides functionality like the Car's hotspot.
The dealership has to login to a Reliance Jio Portal with their dealership code, and it shows a list of cars sold by them, and allows them to provision My Skoda Connect on those cars. We sat and activated it on three different Superbs that day, so if the dealership is saying its not possible, they definitely don't know what they're talking about.
You could mail Zac to get this rectified!
rphukan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2021, 10:36   #1046
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio80 View Post
It's in the car menu on the dashboard, after the mileage screens.
Is yours an MY21 model ? Doesn't show in mine.
Old 20th September 2021, 12:13   #1047
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
Is yours an MY21 model ? Doesn't show in mine.
Mine is a MY20 model.
Old 20th September 2021, 12:36   #1048
BHPian

I drove the 2021 Superb yesterday and if I had to summarize my feelings:

I GET IT.

I get why you'd fall in love with this car, I get why it sells even though the Passat, Camry and Accord didn't, I get why people buy the Superb over more expensive Germans and I get why everyone on this forum who has recently purchased it did so.

I've driven more expensive cars before, but as an overall package - This might be the best car I've ever driven. I don't have one negative thing to say about it. The value, space, build quality, interior fit and finish, refinement, ride, power, features, luxury all put together is just hard to argue with. I can't think of one other car that does EVERYTHING well the way the Superb manages it. It's cars like this that I hope will keep saloons alive.

Congratulations to the owners, I cannot wait to join your club
DeKay is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 21st September 2021, 11:06   #1049
BHPian

Autocar India | BMW 2 Series GC v Skoda Superb

Thought this was a good read. Compares the Superb with 2 Series GC and A Class, all '21 models. If nothing, it reassures that you've bet on the right horse.
vinu_h is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th September 2021, 15:46   #1050

I guess Ford's loss is Skoda's gain. I had booked an Endeavour but after Ford made its announcement, the Endeavour was no longer available. I had already ruled out Gloster. That left me with the Fortuner and the Superb.

After taking multiple test drives of both, I have now finally settled on the Superb L&K. I did try bumping the TD vehicle on speed breakers and potholes but the Superb managed to glide over them.

So Superb it is. The dealer tells me I should have the car next month.

Looking forward to my first German experience.
ramitmahajan is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks