Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2021, 23:13   #1006
BHPian

Re: Skoda Superb : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by agrajagarwal View Post
Got an overall FE of around 16.2 (with cruise set to 110kmph) and 58kms of fairly spirited driving (okay, excessively spirited driving )
Amazing. 2.0 TSi is a gem, it can be efficient and powerful, both when you need it.
parekhakshar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2021, 15:52   #1007
GTO
Team-BHP Support

No media car this weekend, had a highway run and kid brother was keen to take the Superb out. So left the 530d resting on its Bosch C7 charger and headed out with the Skoda. With the running in having been completed, it's a lot of fun to redline its 2.0 turbo-petrol. Not to forget, between this brilliant DSG & my BMW's 8-speed ZF, I own two of the best gearboxes sold in India. It's a lot of fun to observe how the DSG behaves, relative to the ZF that I have more experience with. My primary driving mode with the Superb is with the gearbox in "S"; it is very eager to respond there, compared to the more comfort & eco-oriented D.

We enjoyed the drive. Soft ride quality was superb, very comfortable. Now well into my forties, a compliant suspension is very important. My sister who was riding with us complained of how bumpy her Tiguan is, and how luxurious the Superb feels in comparison. The turbo-petrol revs like it was built for the redline, the space kept all 5 of us comfortable, the sound system entertained us & the boot gobbles up luggage for TWO holidays. More of a fast, soft limousine than an enthusiast's machine, but that's exactly why we bought it . On the wishlist are better tyres from the after-market & removing the 80 / 120 kmph speed buzzers, both of which my brother was hesitant for, but is now more open to. Also wish the engine was a little louder at 6000 rpm; the insulation is a bit too heavy for enthusiasts .

Taking both the Superb & 530d to Pawna in 3 weeks. Already looking forward to driving both.

Skoda Superb : Official Review-m.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 13th September 2021 at 08:34.
GTO is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 12th September 2021, 19:32   #1008
BHPian

This is the only endangered species car left in this segment and keeps selling units every month.

Though I have never looked towards second hand market primarily due to not having enough experience on how to spot a good one and secondly as it requires lot of effort with some luck thrown in to get hold of a good one.

I quick search on a third party site returned result of a superb L&k 2020 December registered done under 10,000 kms. Though the dealer quote was hold on to your seats 36 lakhs i still went to just check.

Car has a minor dent on body and fairly medium size scratch. Alloys also have few scratches on alloys. In short it’s not an absolute perfect one.

Insurance is coming up for renewal in couple of months. Service package is opted hence that is not a concern.

Hyderabad also has some relatively high prices in second hand market. Some prices are mind boggling and instead of second hand one can straight forward for a new one.

I am interested in the vehicle but would like the esteemed members to weigh in on what could be the right offer on table?
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Superb : Official Review-058b3215755c43c49c2b2b831c8d6b3c.jpeg  

Old 13th September 2021, 12:13   #1009
BHPian

Trip to Jog & back

Nearing 5 months and the car has done ~ 5100 kms. Did this (Bangalore to Jog Falls - Route, experiences) stretch over the weekend. As you can tell from the route, it was a mix of country side and NH's. Superb did very well and returned some fantastic KM'age. 925 Km's on a full tank comprising country side, bit of hill climb and NH's is pretty good.

Skoda Superb : Official Review-ss-kilometre-age.jpg

Link (The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread) to the way I've setup the dashcam.

Last edited by vinu_h : 13th September 2021 at 12:20. Reason: Added dashcam info
vinu_h is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2021, 12:40   #1010
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CircleOfLife View Post
Though the dealer quote was hold on to your seats 36 lakhs i still went to just check.

I am interested in the vehicle but would like the esteemed members to weigh in on what could be the right offer on table?
Late last year, new ones were selling around the same price (~36L). Even accounting for rate hike and lesser discounts, 36L seems to be steep. Don't think it should be priced any more than 30L.

Also, 10K mileage seems to be on the higher side considering the lockdowns, so check for wear and tear.
Scorpio80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2021, 12:59   #1011
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harshavarthan View Post
Contacted Skoda Dealership in Coimbatore. They initially said the Skoda Connect app feature is not available but when I insisted they contacted the Factory and now activated it in my July 21 Skoda Superb L&K. They told me to start the car and let it idle for some time and they did it in 10 min. I uninstalled, downloaded it again and logged in with my phone number and its working great .

Bought a Skoda Superb L&K last week. The dealer checked at few of this contacts and came back saying myskodaconnect is not possible for Superb (mine is Jun'21 manufactured. This thread seems to be indicate this is possible from May'21 model). Was anyone else able to get this done? If yes, please advise how you got this done.

Also, anyone in Chennai who successfully got the 120 km warning signal sound lowered?
Old 13th September 2021, 13:55   #1012
BHPian

Folks, is there a difference in the Sports driving mode on the L&K and the S mode on the Sportline?

I understand that the transmission goes into S on Sports driving mode, but what are the other differences (if any)?

Does this impact 0-100 timing?
Old 13th September 2021, 14:53   #1013
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDiSLover View Post
Folks, is there a difference in the Sports driving mode on the L&K and the S mode on the Sportline?

I understand that the transmission goes into S on Sports driving mode, but what are the other differences (if any)?

Back to back driving during test drive of both variant there is perceptible difference in the way L&K steering weighs up.

0-100 runs would have needed proper device and
good Tarmac. Will it be a big difference in real world driving? It would depend on the man behind wheel. Good driver can extract the best out of a decent engine.

There is a YouTube video by EVO on the comparison between superb variants. Skip to 4:50.

All credits to respective channel and copyright owners.
CircleOfLife is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2021, 15:11   #1014
BHPian

Quote:

From what I understand, the L&K can also vary the weight of the steering along with the sporty setting for the gearbox.

It shouldn't really change the 0-100 time.
thechinmay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2021, 15:16   #1015
Team-BHP Support

In the L&K version the additional driving modes are for dynamics lights, aircon, steering weight and throttle sensitivity.

In Sportline only Sports mode for the gearbox.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2021, 15:37   #1016
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio80 View Post
Late last year, new ones were selling around the same price (~36L). Even accounting for rate hike and lesser discounts, 36L seems to be steep. Don't think it should be priced any more than 30L.

Also, 10K mileage seems to be on the higher side considering the lockdowns, so check for wear and tear.
Thank you for the insight. If deal nears finalisation then plan was to get vehicle service center for inspection. Have requested few clarifications in terms of current insurance.

In mean time the sales guy called up to inform another customer blocked it for 34 lakhs. This is above 2020 ex showroom value. Though there is no way to verify if that is the actual price the deal is happening. Prices in the current market are just on sensible.
CircleOfLife is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2021, 16:09   #1017
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanchi_s View Post
Bought a Skoda Superb L&K last week. The dealer checked at few of this contacts and came back saying myskodaconnect is not possible for Superb (mine is Jun'21 manufactured. This thread seems to be indicate this is possible from May'21 model). Was anyone else able to get this done? If yes, please advise how you got this done.
I got my L&K last week, July manufactured, MySkodaConnect worked even before I took the delivery. Registered using my cell # and works like a charm.
AfGGN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2021, 18:22   #1018
BHPian

Folks who have a MY21 Skoda Superb with wireless Audroid Auto / CarPlay: There is an update that has come for the entertainment unit. It is approx 8GB in size, and not available for download in the normal place.

This update patches the following:
- Freezing of Apple Carplay when connected to the phone and one turns off and switches on the entertainment unit
- some small performance updates - feels slightly smoother / faster (might be a placebo effect)

Version that came with the car for me was
Software: 0270

Updated to:
Sofrware: 0272

Post upddate, they ran a complete VAS scan and cleared the car!

Some dealerships / service centre might not have got this update yet. For those, you could inform them of the version number and they can download it and have it ready.

For those in Bangalore, it is available at Tafe Service Centre.

Drive Safe!
roadwarrior is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th September 2021, 23:04   #1019
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
In the L&K version the additional driving modes are for dynamics lights, aircon, steering weight and throttle sensitivity.

In Sportline only Sports mode for the gearbox.
Thanks Vid!
Noob question, but what does it do to the aircon & lights? Turn them off to route more power to the wheels?
Old 13th September 2021, 23:25   #1020
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks Vid!
Noob question, but what does it do to the aircon & lights? Turn them off to route more power to the wheels?
I don't know what it does to the climate control exactly but the lights are adaptive and in sport mode the response to the adaptive lights is faster as per the manual.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks