Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2021, 19:17   #1081
BHPian

Re: Skoda Superb : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNerdyCarGuy View Post
Plus, I can't seem to get Google assistant working from the steering wheel. It always activates Skoda's assistant and its response is almost always that voice assistant is not available for your country.
Press and hold voice control button on steering to activate phone's assistant. Just discovered yesterday by accident
parekhakshar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2021, 19:49   #1082

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramitmahajan View Post
Thanks, I thought so too and funnily the white/ cognac option is not available. So basically they are selling the same car with an increased price
Yeah. I think there's some serious production issues going on with Skoda/VW due to the semiconductor shortage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by csr9 View Post
Hi,

I have faced a similar issue a couple of times, however start-stop was on. The car shut off at lower speeds & refuses to start automatically. I got a notification on the instrument cluster to manually start the car. It is pretty dangerous in moving traffic.

This has never happened with start-stop deactivated.
Oh ok. Maybe the start stop was on then, I might've not noticed it.

This link is useful, thanks! But I doubt we'll go for this until the warranty expires. Don't want to risk anything .

Quote:
Originally Posted by parekhakshar View Post
Press and hold voice control button on steering to activate phone's assistant. Just discovered yesterday by accident
Wow, nice find! I'm gonna try this for sure. Thanks.
Old 19th October 2021, 17:50   #1083
BHPian

Just a Superb appreciation post.

I see this Sportline variant parked around my house several times and I always take a moment to appreciate just how kickass it looks. There's something really regal and timeless about this design and all the blacked out parts definitely help! The subtle spoiler is also a nice touch. I didn't even know that you can get a Superb in this nice grey shade

Skoda Superb : Official Review-pxl_20211019_115925523.jpg

Side note: really impressed by my Pixel's camera to get a sharp image even at 7x digital zoom. Pic clicked from my balcony!

Last edited by Sheel : 19th October 2021 at 20:27. Reason: As requested.
Shreyas_H is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 20th October 2021, 10:17   #1084
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas_H View Post
Just a Superb appreciation post.

I see this Sportline variant parked around my house several times and I always ..Side note: really impressed by my Pixel's camera to get a sharp image even at 7x digital zoom. Pic clicked from my balcony!
Did they change the alloys that come with the SportLine, or did the owner get aftermarket ones?

Last edited by Sheel : 20th October 2021 at 10:43. Reason: Please capitalize your starting word. Thanks.
Old 20th October 2021, 11:09   #1085
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDiSLover View Post
Did they change the alloys that come with the SportLine, or did the owner get aftermarket ones?
I believe this is the Pre Facelift Superb Sportline (1.8 TSI or 2.0 TDI). These are the stock wheels in those
agambhandari is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th October 2021, 13:23   #1086
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
I believe this is the Pre Facelift Superb Sportline (1.8 TSI or 2.0 TDI). These are the stock wheels in those
Ah yes!

My Superb is the MY20 facelift. Both the pre-facelift, and the MY21 facelift cars have the front DRLs which change Yellow as front indicators.
Name:  superb lights.jpg
Views: 992
Size:  7.7 KB

While the MY20 uniquely only has a separate light for the front indicators.
Name:  superb lights1.jpg.png
Views: 1006
Size:  97.4 KB

I love DRLs turning into turning-indicators, but I missed that feature in my car. :(

I wonder, can we swap out the MY20 lights for MY21 ones? I wonder if the dimensions and wiring would be the same..
DDiSLover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2021, 13:31   #1087
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

I wonder, can we swap out the MY20 lights for MY21 ones? I wonder if the dimensions and wiring would be the same..
Should be doable. Dimensions should be the same. The Skoda dealer can help you out, or can look at reputed garages who could do the same.
lamborghini is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2021, 17:06   #1088
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Can be easily done in aftermarket. But will also void the warranty, atleast on electricals.
Old 20th October 2021, 18:52   #1089
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
AFAIK, the pre-facelift Superb neither got a SportLine trim nor this colour, it only had the Style and L&K on offer. Looks like both the paint and alloys are after-market.

EDIT: My bad, just realized that there was a Sportline trim on offer, never saw one on the road till the facelift came in .

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...20the%20diesel.

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 20th October 2021 at 18:58.
Old 20th October 2021, 18:54   #1090
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
AFAIK, the pre-facelift Superb neither got a SportLine trim nor this colour, it only had the Style and L&K on offer. Looks like both the paint and alloys are after-market.
Well, in that case. Good morning then

https://www.team-bhp.com/news/skoda-...d-rs-2899-lakh
agambhandari is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st October 2021, 00:13   #1091
BHPian

Quick clarification needed with one year of my Superb coming up.

As my HDFC ergo car insurance has the no claim bonus protection add-on along with the bumper to bumper cover, I want to claim on a few touchup paints to cover the scratch marks in my bumper.

Had raised this with my SA in Tirunelveli, but he outright told that the service center does not have the cashless option with the insurance provider. Strange that I do see the center listed in HDFC's cashless garage list.

I can go ahead settling the cash first to the service center and then get it reimbursed from the insurance, but I really would love to have the peace of mind of having the whole experience cashless. Side note: remember we have a yet unproven DSG and tons of electronics on our car, and I do not want to chump change a paisa of that bill.

That said, I would call upon the fellow members of this thread to guide me with the cashless claim with HDFC for my Superb from the authorized Skoda Center. I might even consider this hiccup a god send, prodding me to get the road trip to Bangalore or Chennai, but Madurai will be the closest stop.

Will save the laborious task of typing down my short gist of the year with Skoda - the Superb and that camo contest for the hours I might spend at the service center in a few weeks time.
Old 21st October 2021, 11:52   #1092
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbenstewart View Post

Had raised this with my SA in Tirunelveli, but he outright told that the service center does not have the cashless option with the insurance provider. Strange that I do see the center listed in HDFC's cashless garage list.
I just got my car back from the BLR TAFE service centre. Due to a stone chip on the windshield, I had to get the entire windshield changed. I am with HADFC Ergo and I got the same answer you did - HDFC Ergo is no longer on the cashless list for Skoda and I had to pay out of pocket yesterday when I got the car back. The service centre has taken care of all the paper work I had to send some online docs) and they have told me the HDFC will refund the money minus the claim charge of 2K in a day or two. Will keep this updated.

Outside of that, the experience was super smooth. All my minor niggles were taken care of, the work was done efficiently and the folks were very efficient.

One little thing was that they charged me 500 Rs to drop the car back.. Hyundai and Maruti never charged for this.
manku is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2021, 19:15   #1093
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manku View Post
The service centre has taken care of all the paper work (I had to send some online docs) and they have told me the HDFC will refund the money minus the claim charge of 2K in a day or two. Will keep this updated.
Quick update - HDFC refunded me today (-2500 Rs from the amount I paid). About 2 days overall.

Last edited by Sheel : 22nd October 2021 at 21:27. Reason: Please capitalise your starting word in a sentence. Thanks.
manku is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2021, 15:43   #1094

Hi all,

I need a suggestion. Is it worth getting the Skoda Maintenance package?
I'm being quoted 90k for the maintenance package for the enhanced version. It's for 4 years.

I'm going for the extended warranty for sure, but I'm a little confused if the maintenance package is worth it. What all will it help reduce the cost in?
Old 24th October 2021, 08:26   #1095
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNerdyCarGuy View Post
Hi all,

I need a suggestion. Is it worth getting the Skoda Maintenance package?
I'm being quoted 90k for the maintenance package for the enhanced version. It's for 4 years.

I'm going for the extended warranty for sure, but I'm a little confused if the maintenance package is worth it. What all will it help reduce the cost in?
I think you should definitely go for the basic package which cost close to 50k. Enhanced package contains break shoe replacement over and above base package, which in my view is a bit going over.
AfGGN is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks