Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2022, 00:33   #1231
BHPian

Re: Skoda Superb : Official Review

I have received news from my Skoda dealer that the Superb production has almost ceased. There are no new cars being made and there are some changes on the anvil. Either Skoda India is introducing the Superb Hybrid in India or theyre gearing up for some kind of facelift or new Superb model to be introduced maybe later during the year.

Does anyone else have any clarity on this aspect ? Zac doesnt answer emails anymore.
M00M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2022, 08:27   #1232
BHPian

Oops

I just booked white Superb sportsline last week, till such time i was Test driving the car the SA used to confirm that i will be allotted a car in 15/20 days. The day i booked the car SA called me up again in evening and told me that as per official communication from skoda india the delivery will take atleast three months. Yesterday he tried to offer me one blue sportsline and I politely refused.

If the current gen is at its fag end then there is no point buying one and then owning a previous gen in few days.

Can somebody confirm the news before i end up cancelling my booking and wait for few months please.
Old 20th April 2022, 15:52   #1233
BHPian

Went to look at the Superb today.

The waiting time for the car is indeed 10-12 weeks. This is not because the car is getting replaced by a newer model or a facelift is in the pipeline. Zac on twitter mentioned it is because of shortage of parts as one of the key suppliers is based in Ukraine and because of the war, the entire supply chain has been affected. This was confirmed by the SA as well.

As of today, zero discounts were being offered on the L&K, didn’t enquire about sports line.
pranavmichael is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2022, 16:37   #1234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveendagar View Post
Oops
Can somebody confirm the news before i end up cancelling my booking and wait for few months please.
Sir please share the deal you were offered.
Old 21st April 2022, 00:40   #1235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavmichael View Post
Went to look at the Superb today.

The waiting time for the car is indeed 10-12 weeks.
Same. Three months waiting period here in Hyderabad if we are lucky.
Old 22nd April 2022, 00:54   #1236
BHPian

Quote:
Zac on twitter mentioned it is because of shortage of parts as one of the key suppliers is based in Ukraine and because of the war, the entire supply chain has been affected.
I went and checked his twitter feed. He is only talking about the Kodiaq and not the Superb and that also vis a vis regarding somebody raising a query for new Kodiaq order booking. In any case the information that is given to me is that production has stopped due to whatever unknown issue and theyre expecting some sort of change in the Superb (mostly hybridisation) to combat the Camry Hybrid and that will cause a price bump up too.
Old 22nd April 2022, 06:51   #1237
Distinguished - BHPian

My take is that a facelift or new Superb is highly unlikely.

The all-new 2024 Superb will be launched globally in late 2023, and no facelifts are expected before that.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.aut...new-look%3famp

Best case, Skoda will bring in the Superb iV plug-in hybrid which they had vowed not to get earlier.

https://www.skoda-auto.com/models/ra...%20SUPERB%20iV.

Last edited by itwasntme : 22nd April 2022 at 06:53.
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2022, 12:47   #1238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M00M View Post
I went and checked his twitter feed. He is only talking about the Kodiaq and not the Superb and that also vis a vis regarding somebody raising a query for new Kodiaq order booking. In any case the information that is given to me is that production has stopped due to whatever unknown issue and theyre expecting some sort of change in the Superb (mostly hybridisation) to combat the Camry Hybrid and that will cause a price bump up too.
Yes just noticed his replies were for the Kodiaq. But the showroom here and my SA were very confident that the shortage of supplies is the main reason for delay in production.

If anybody can provide some confirmed news about this car, it’ll be highly appreciated. Very eager to book it but not with a model change around the corner.
Old 23rd April 2022, 12:58   #1239
BHPian

Quote:
If anybody can provide some confirmed news about this car, it’ll be highly appreciated. Very eager to book it but not with a model change around the corner.
Only Zac Hollis can give you an answer and he has stopped answering emails when I email and enquire about my booking and delivery. Talk about transparency and clarity.
Old 26th April 2022, 09:41   #1240
BHPian

Is anyone aware of any ongoing discounts on Superb in Hyderabad or countrywide? Thanks.
Old 30th April 2022, 00:19   #1241
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bordeaux View Post
Is anyone aware of any ongoing discounts on Superb in Hyderabad or countrywide? Thanks.
There are no cars available so no discounts but if you can find one negotiate 2 lacs off plus insurance (do it on your own).
M00M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2022, 11:42   #1242
BHPian

Folks, I'm facing a weird issue. Android auto works fine, but doesn't work for voice commands. Pressing the button on the screen and/or the wheel shows the Google voice toast, but remains flatlined.

Therefore, the device sees it as I'm not giving any commands.

The issue happens with multiple phones, and AndriodAuto voice works fine with these phones in my Tiago.

I believe it is a mic issue, although the mic works fine for while on phone calls.

Anyone else facing similar issues? Any workarounds or solutions?
Old 6th May 2022, 12:24   #1243
BHPian

This comes up everytime I switch off the engine. Car battery is fine, phone is fully charged and I am not trying to install an update.

Anybody faced this ? How to fix ? Have shared this with the Skoda dealer as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Superb : Official Review-ss.jpeg  

Old 9th May 2022, 15:04   #1244

It all started with a dream

Think it was the early 2000s and after launching Octavia and tasting success with it news is abuzz that Skoda is launching the vehicle in India which is used by the Czech president. I was all of 10 years old and the only source of car news for me was occasional old auto car magazines that I get from my cousin and the advertisements that car makers give in The Hindu newspaper. Though i did not understand most of the technicalities at that time on seeing the advert of Superb I got this sense of glow that I can't explain.

From then on every advert of Skoda superb will be properly cut and glued to my notebook. All I wanted at that time was to buy Skoda Superb when I had money. I still remember pestering my dad to get a Sokda (P.S : I could not pronounce it back then ) Only to be reminded that we don't have a car at home and then I slowly realised the magnanimity of owning a Skoda Superb. I did not sleep the entire night when I was told one of our relatives who owns an Octavia is visiting us the next day. Woke up at 6 in the morning, had a bath, put on the best pair of dress I had and sat near the gate waiting for them to arrive. That was the first time I am even getting into a Skoda the uncle was gracious enough to take me on a ride.
But your boy did not give up. Then my father got out first family car in 2007 a Swift Dzire and life was going good.

Fast forward to 2017 I graduated and landed my first job and also purchased car my first own car white Polo GT TDI. And the first visit I made with my Polo was to the Skoda showroom to test drive the Superb. Folks at SGA cars Coimbatore were very helpful back then and when I drove it for the first time and it only added fuel to the fire. Started a SIP for a downpayment of Superb in 2017 and Polo GT was proving to be a loyal companion. But I made sure I visited Skoda showrooms at least once a quarter to have a look at the Superb.

2020 and Pandemic happened have clocked around 60,000 km in my Polo and it was just parked. Since I came back home, visits to SGA cars got increased and when our house was getting renovated SGA was gracious enough to send a TD vehicle home to make sure parking fits the Limo. Team-BHP posts of new Superbs and various experiences and reviews only added to the excitement. And on December 2021 I got a call from SGA that they have stocks of MY 2021 Superb left and we can work out a deal for the same if I can do the booking.

The colour I was looking for Lava Blue was also available. And on 16th December 2021, a booking was made. I told them that I will start the loan process but delivery can be taken only post 14th of Jan because it is the Auspicious month. The same was agreed and they helped me with the loan process which was approved in a day and I also sold my Polo. But what is interesting in a story if everything goes good.

Due to some misunderstanding at the dealer level, the car was allocated to another customer and was happily delivered. Adding to the price increase I was told around Jan second week that they don't have stock and delivery would be months away because of semiconductor shortage and demand. Though it was a bitter experience dealer promised they would take every step to fix the experience. And out of no hope I just mailed to Zac on Jan 20 with all the details(pretty large mail though) and receipts and was not expecting a reply. What happened in the next 24 to 48 hours was magic.

Got a call from my dealer the next day that Sir let us talk on final pricing and we agreed on the pricing and offers. They were transparent and offered the same offers they had on MY 21. Kudos to the team. Mistakes are fine but all that matters is how it is rectified. I was also informed by the dealer though Superb deliveries are not happening as a special case Skoda has told them they will assemble and kit and will ship the same which must be delivered to the particular customer. As promised VIN number was shared on 27th of January and the Vehicle was dispatched from the Aurangabad plant. The dealer kept me updated on container location and it reached Coimbatore on 30th January evening and they obliged to PDI the next day. And on 31st January just like how I did 17 years ago I took 4 new Vredestein tyres as a gift and reached the dealer's yard. PDI check was all good and the vehicle ran only 15 to 20 km. I also verified that vehicle was indeed assembled in January 2022. Informed bank to release the loan amount and also took the funds I had in SIP and same was transferred them.

The D Day

Delivery was planned for Feb 1. The plan was that a formal Puja delivery was done morning around 10 am in the yard and then the vehicle will be taken to the RTO, post-registration vehicle will be delivered in the evening. As planned we 3, myself, mom and dad reached exactly at 10 am vehicle was ready decked up in Garland.
Skoda Superb : Official Review-dsc01967.jpeg

We did the ceremonial Puja and had the dealership driver take us to the temple next door and we dropped back the vehicle and went to relative's place.
Post that as promised RTO work was completed, Tyres changed and the vehicle was washed again and we were informed by a call that the vehicle will be delivered promptly at 5.30 PM. We reached the showroom around 5.15 PM and were greeted with refreshments. The vehicle was covered in Skoda Green cover. Cake cutting took place and the whole dealership gathered, the cover was removed and I slowly moved the vehicle down the ramp in the midst of a Confetti shower along with a happy tear or two rolling down my eyes. Patting on the back of the 10 year who had a dream and did not even think about giving up on it which was promptly satisfied by the 27-year-old

Will have pictures do the talking.
Skoda Superb : Official Review-dsc01994.jpeg
Skoda Superb : Official Review-dsc01982.jpeg
Skoda Superb : Official Review-dsc01950.jpeg
Skoda Superb : Official Review-dsc01949.jpeg

Will add a review and other details as part of a separate post. Signing off with one of my favourite lines from Avici.
"When thunderclouds start pouring down
Light a fire they can't put out
Carve your name into those shining stars"
He said, "Go venture far beyond the shores
Don't forsake this life of yours
I'll guide you home no matter where you are"

So live a life you will remember

Last edited by Turbanator : 9th May 2022 at 17:40. Reason: Spelling, grammatical and too many smileys.
sudhir_vag is offline   (54) Thanks
Old 9th May 2022, 15:33   #1245
Senior - BHPian

Found this video on Youtube, shows the new Cognac interior option on the White L&K variant.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks