Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2022, 16:24   #1246
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Skoda Superb : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhir_vag View Post
I slowly moved vehicle down the ramp in the midst of Confetti shower along with a happy tear or two rolling down my eyes. Patting on the back of the 10 year who had a dream and did not even think about giving up on it which was promptly satisfied by the 27 year old.
So live a life you will remember
Very touching indeed.

Congratulations and wish you the very best for one of the best cars out there.
AtheK is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th May 2022, 17:08   #1247

Quote:

It all started with a dream

List of Changes/Works done
- Stock apollos replaced with vredestein. Same DNA though
- Took it to Bangalore and got ceramic coating and leather coating done from Felicity museum road. Prompt and was on time. Vehicle was taken on Saturday morning and returned back on Sunday night. Costed around 35,000
- 7d mat from Elegant auto retail custom fit and fits perfectly for Superb. Took a light brown that matches the interior

Niggle :
One of the AC switch was bit cranky promptly picked up by SA and was told it would be replaced under warranty.

Fuel Effeciency :
- On typical driving style returns around 12 to 13 kmpl mix of light and heavy foot.
- On driving with 2k RPM able to get FE figures of around 16 to 17 kmpl
- Did a ghat trip of Pollachi- Valparai - Athirapally - Mettupalayam - Bandipur-Masinagudi - Ooty- Coimbatore around 630 kms and FE was a stunning 11,7 kmpl which is excellent considering the road conditions.

Last edited by sudhir_vag : 9th May 2022 at 17:11.
sudhir_vag is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 9th May 2022, 21:57   #1248
BHPian

Quote:

Think it was the early 2000s and after launching Octavia and tasting success with it news is abuzz that Skoda is launching the vehicle in India
Many Congratulations on the dream come true!! Highly appreciate Zac and Team Skoda as well for making this happen, must say truly clever on their part to fix the earlier spoiled experience.
Highh5 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th May 2022, 22:22   #1249

Quote:
Originally Posted by M00M View Post
Only Zac Hollis can give you an answer and he has stopped answering emails when I email and enquire about my booking and delivery. Talk about transparency and clarity.
I booked Superb L&K on April 22nd in Hyderabad. I was told that there is a waiting period of 2-3 months, primarily because of the chip supply shortage and the ongoing war in Ukraine. They did not mention anything about whether the production was on pause or stopped.

My only apprehension now is that I should get the vehicle at the earliest as Telangana is introducing new road tax slabs
sgautam31 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2022, 11:36   #1250

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgautam31 View Post
My only apprehension now is that I should get the vehicle at the earliest as Telangana is introducing new road tax slabs
Unfortunately, new tax slabs are into effect already from this Monday I guess. According to this post.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post5313590 (New lifetime road tax slabs being introduced in Telangana)
If so we are looking at a hike of around 1.5 lacs in on road price for L&K
sudhir_vag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th May 2022, 00:07   #1251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgautam31 View Post
I booked Superb L&K on April 22nd in Hyderabad. I was told that there is a waiting period of 2-3 months, primarily because of the chip supply shortage and the ongoing war in Ukraine. They did not mention anything about whether the production was on pause or stopped.
Hope you get the car. I booked it in October 2021, still havent got it, now I have cancelled the plans and thinking of Honda City eHEV or something used from a higher segment or continue using the current car.
Old 11th May 2022, 09:27   #1252

Quote:
Hope you get the car. I booked it in October 2021, still havent got it, now I have cancelled the plans and thinking of Honda City eHEV or something used from a higher segment or continue using the current car.
A couple of months back I was getting the car immediately since I was also exploring BMW and thought of waiting for MB C class, I did not book until MB SA informed me that the boot space is further limited by the spare wheel.

So hoping will get the vehicle as promised by the dealer in 10-12 weeks, if not, then I will have to think of an alternative
Old 11th May 2022, 11:23   #1253

Quote:
I booked it in October 2021, still havent got it.
I booked post that in December last week and was able to get it delivered on Feb 1. As mentioned in my post I was told it was taken more because of a miscommunication. Probably you can quote the case as an example and try pushing your dealer.
Meanwhile I checked with my dealer and he said delivery can be arranged in two months.
Old 11th May 2022, 14:31   #1254
BHPian

Quote:

Think it was the early 2000s and after launching Octavia and tasting success with it news is abuzz that Skoda is launching the vehicle in India which is used by the Czech president. I was all of 10 years old and the only source of car news for me was occasional old auto car magazines that I get from my cousin and the advertisements that car makers give in The Hindu newspaper. Though i did not understand most of the technicalities at that time on seeing the advert of Superb I got this sense of glow that I can't explain.
Congratulations !!

That is one wonderful writeup. It felt like I was watching a video with description. Your Superb looks majestic in that blue shade. Wishing you so many memorable miles with your car.
VALLURIS is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th May 2022, 21:27   #1255
BHPian

Quote:

Loved the post, Sudhir! So very often we get caught in all our calculations and analyses only to let head win over the heart. So refreshing to read your post, which is all heart!

Congratulations! This is one decision you are unlikely to regret
tarunjain is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th May 2022, 23:52   #1256
BHPian

Quote:
I booked post that in December last week and was able to get it delivered on Feb 1.
Meanwhile I checked with my dealer and he said delivery can be arranged in two months.
Congratulations !! Somehow my dealer and there is a second dealer in the city both are saying that they have stopped taking orders for the Superb. They have a backlog and are unable to even clear those orders so many are being refunded their booking amounts. Dont know what the truth is from the Skoda end but multiple emails and the big boss Hollis has put his hands up and said he cannot guarantee any delivery to me.
M00M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2022, 00:00   #1257
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations !! Somehow my dealer and there is a second dealer in the city both are saying that they have stopped taking orders for the Superb. They have a backlog and are unable to even clear those orders so many are being refunded their booking amounts. Dont know what the truth is from the Skoda end but multiple emails and the big boss Hollis has put his hands up and said he cannot guarantee any delivery to me.
In Bangalore certain dealers are accepting bookings for the superb with a 3-4 month delivery commitment
Old 29th May 2022, 07:27   #1258
BHPian

I was driving my FILs Superb L&K the other day and there were a couple of quirks I just could not figure out. I wanted to get other owners' perspective on these 'issues'.

1) On the drivers seat, the ventilated seats function only cools the seat and does not heat. This is okay as using heated seats in Hyderabad anyway don't make sense. However on the passenger side, it only heats and does not cool. Is this the case for all Superbs? If not any ideas on how to turn this function on?

2) The built in navigation turns on by default in the Virtual Cockpit everytime we start the car. Yes this can be changed to show other info with steering wheel controls, however is there a way to turn this default setting off as changing it every single time one turns the car on is getting a bit annoying?
Old 29th May 2022, 09:17   #1259
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpitt View Post
1) On the drivers seat, the ventilated seats function only cools the seat and does not heat. This is okay as using heated seats in Hyderabad anyway don't make sense. However on the passenger side, it only heats and does not cool. Is this the case for all Superbs? If not any ideas on how to turn this function on?
I believe when you press the button for ventilation/heating, there is a pop up on the touch screen by which you can select either heating or cooling. If you just press the physical button it remembers the last selection, and hence gives you heating or cooling.
Akshay1234 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th May 2022, 10:24   #1260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay1234 View Post
I believe when you press the button for ventilation/heating, there is a pop up on the touch screen by which you can select either heating or cooling. If you just press the physical button it remembers the last selection, and hence gives you heating or cooling.
I feel like such an idiot I totally forgot that we can try and adjust it from the touchscreen itself. But thanks for the info about the physical button storing the touch screen selection. Very useful! Will definitely try doing this today!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks