Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2022, 00:23   #1321
BHPian

Re: Skoda Superb : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDiSLover View Post
Good bye Nightwing, you were a trusted sidekick! Taking up an new career opportunity in the US forced us to part ways.
Congrats on moving to the US.

The blue color Superb looks stunning with the black grill and roof. The cars are a lot cheaper here in the US with so many options to choose from. I own a VW Passat Limited edition with identical specs (+Level 2 ADAS) to the Superb you own but almost 10 lakhs rupees cheaper!

Last edited by aah78 : 12th August 2022 at 00:38. Reason: Quote trimmed. Please quote relevant sections of posts only. Thanks!
Rajamass is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th August 2022, 07:30   #1322
BHPian

Beautiful write up for a beautiful car. The Blue is absolutely stunning. You'll definitely miss it. All the best.
slackyboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2022, 10:29   #1323
BHPian

The Superb went for it's first service last week, as it was nearly a year old. (Time flies!)
Quick and efficient service by the Skoda dealership here in Guwahati.
They changed the Engine oil, the oil filter, the drain plugs, and then cleaned the air and AC filters.
Post a quick foam wash, the car for ready for delivery, with the total time taken being about 3 hours.
Thanks to the 4 year service package I had opted for at the time of purchase, the total service bill was a big fat zero
PS: The car is at 5200 KMs currently.
rphukan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2022, 13:48   #1324
BHPian

Been close to ten months since the Superb got added to the Garage and done with the first service two weeks ago. Clocked a total of 12.5k kms so far and I am still surprised by how good the 2.0TSI can be. No major issues so far, *Touchwood*! I know for a fact that the battery will give up with no indication any moment from the 12th Month( As per past experience I've had with the other Skoda(s) at home and prepared for it)

Coming to the service costs, Paid Only for New Wiper Blades and nothing else. Even with the Service Package Costs Factored in , it still is cheaper than a 2015 i20 Diesel that's a beater in the extended Family. No Complaints on it. I am thoroughly satisfied with my new Dealer ,PPS Skoda In Hyderabad and the CRM/SA combination with Harsha Vardhan taking great care of our vehicles is the best .

Here are a few recent pictures from my regular usage and a work trip to Vijayawada. Post that trip, I got a total of 1100kms on that tank of fuel which wasn't something I was expecting after 700kms of highway runs and the balance in HYD city.
Skoda Superb : Official Review-img_2056.jpg
Took this picture when I took a stop @ 7Food Court at Suryapet. Definitely one of the best Highway Services in Telangana. 16.3kmpl was after a mix of Spirited driving and cruising in Eco.
Skoda Superb : Official Review-img_2045.jpg
Wanted to get a picture next to the Prakasam Barrage but couldn't get a great one (Traffic in Vijayawada has got really crazy)
Skoda Superb : Official Review-img_2076.jpg
Skoda Superb : Official Review-img_2086.jpg

Also, I've been using the Superb for regular farm trips just outside Hyderabad at Chevella and like always, with a cavernous boot, I Can happily throw in any Fresh Farm Produce I want without a worry
Skoda Superb : Official Review-img_1558.jpg
Skoda Superb : Official Review-img_1565.jpg
Twinning with another L&K at one of my regular coffee shops in the city
Skoda Superb : Official Review-img_2115.jpg

On a side note, I've been planning for a relaxed drive with fellow TBHPians/ VAG ? Skoda Owners in Hyderabad. If anyone is interested, Would love to connect.

Last edited by nishithrao95 : 16th August 2022 at 13:51.
nishithrao95 is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 16th August 2022, 16:30   #1325
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapis_lazuli View Post
So, I got the battery changed from Brite Skoda and as usual, overall a pleasant experience.
Considering you bought the battery from the Skoda dealer, surprised to see such a competitive price of 11k for a Varta AGM battery!
What's also surprising is that the battery showed no symptoms before it died. Typically, the cranking stutters/headlights go dim/AC doesn't respond as quickly as you would want to etc.

The battery reset procedure introduced by OEMs, is kind of a necessary evil these days, what with almost every wizardry in the car dependent upon a healthy voltage supply.
JoshMachine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2022, 16:41   #1326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshMachine View Post
competitive price of 11k for a Varta AGM battery!......
What's also surprising is that the battery showed no symptoms before it died.
Mine is TSI MT. No AGM, as there is no start stop. Perhaps that is the reason why the battery is "only" about 40% more expensive than its aftermarket equivalents .

Yes, no symptoms, at all! LIVING one day...DEAD, the next!
Old 17th August 2022, 15:03   #1327
BHPian

Posting this for a dear friend,

We are in need of a friendly neighborhood garage in Mumbai that can help us deal with a heating problem in Skoda Superb 4x4 2010 model.

Help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Old 19th August 2022, 14:04   #1328
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishithrao95 View Post
Post that trip, I got a total of 1100kms on that tank of fuel which wasn't something I was expecting after 700kms of highway runs and the balance in HYD city.

Took this picture when I took a stop @ 7Food Court at Suryapet. Definitely one of the best Highway Services in Telangana. 16.3kmpl was after a mix of Spirited driving and cruising in Eco.
Attachment 2347032
1000+ kms on a tank of fuel for a 2.0L Turbo petrol is insane!! People will mistake it for a TDI if they only look at the range and efficiency you’ve managed to extract

Just shows that turbo petrols can be both frugal and fast when needed (Jekyll and Hyde Nature). Even my 250hp turbo petrol never gives me anything below 7.5 - 8 kmpl in the city, at cruising speeds out on the expressway it truly shows it’s efficiency!

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 19th August 2022 at 14:07.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th August 2022, 14:18   #1329
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jash2709 View Post

We are in need of a friendly neighborhood garage in Mumbai that can help us deal with a heating problem in Skoda Superb 4x4 2010 model.

Try Pai Auto at Santacruz. More details and personal experience listed in our directory on this link (Car service & repairs - Pai Auto (Santacruz, Mumbai)).

Last edited by manson : 19th August 2022 at 14:20.
manson is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th August 2022, 11:48   #1330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jash2709 View Post

Hi there Jash2709. Over the last 2 years our 2012 Skoda Superb (1.8TSi DSG) has been maintained at Redline Autohaus (Jogeshwari). They have skillfully handled multiple things on our car such as routine service, fixing a faulty AC, replacing steering column mechanism, roof liner replacement, etc. They specialize in European/German cars, the owner Akshay is friendly and dependable. Few of my friends have been regular at this garage as well, we’ve all been happy with their service thus far.
Nair.V8 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2022, 12:10   #1331
BHPian

Team BHP article.
https://www.team-bhp.com/news/scoop-...n-end-feb-2023
This came as a surprise. Does this mean they will exit the D segment completely or revamp the product line to match the new norms?
Old 22nd August 2022, 23:36   #1332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
1000+ kms on a tank of fuel for a 2.0L Turbo petrol is insane!! People will mistake it for a TDI if they only look at the range and efficiency you’ve managed to extract

Just shows that turbo petrols can be both frugal and fast when needed (Jekyll and Hyde Nature). Even my 250hp turbo petrol never gives me anything below 7.5 - 8 kmpl in the city, at cruising speeds out on the expressway it truly shows it’s efficiency!
Haha Definitely!
Like you mentioned, a proper Jekyll and Hyde personality.
On a side note,
It's so easy to get good FE from new age Turbo Petrols. I recently had an X5 40i for an extended duration and even that B58 gets good(relatively) FE when treated right and when you go all out Hypermiling on Highways, one can get phenomenal FE
nishithrao95 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2022, 12:29   #1333
BHPian

Folks, need some input on buying tyres for Superb MY2020 (owing to Tyre burst)

Context:

Had to go to Ahmedabad and decided to take a road trip, because of good roads in Gujarat. Unfortunately, the roads are abysmal from Mumbai to Bharuch. The potholes are crater-like and were up to a foot long at many places.

While reached Ahmedabad without any issues (in spite of pathetic roads), while coming back yesterday, my left front tyre burst when I hit one bad crater near Atul, Gujarat around 9 PM. The damage on tyre was irreparable, with ~1-2 inch hole showing on the tyre. Called up the Skoda Roadside Assistance and they connected me to a person in Ahmedabad first and then one closer to Valsad/Vapi. Since the wait could go up to an hour, I got the tyre replaced by the spare via a local mechanic.

The local mechanic said since the spare was new, it should work fine. I started driving at low speeds towards Mumbai and as suggested, started taking breaks of 10-15 mins every 45-60 mins to avoid overheating of the spare. During the 2nd break, realized the spare was also losing air. Got it checked again and the puncture fellow said that the spare's rim got damaged (misaligned) on the inside due to another crater, in spite of very low speeds and careful driving. That was causing the air to leak out. He fixed the rim using a hammer and the leak stopped.

Now, need to buy a new tyre and looking for suggestions

INPUTS NEEDED:
  1. Which company tyres to buy?
  2. Had read somewhere that buying tyres in pair is better so that they age together and is better for the car? Is this true and I should go for two Or can I go with one tyre only? (Considering that spare is not a good solution on long trips, I was thinking that I can buy two and keep the undamaged one in the trunk for long trips)
  3. Considering the long trip of bad roads, should I get anything else checked? Wheel alignment, etc.
  4. Possibly unrelated, but below the passenger seat there is a box/plate which was hot. Came to know because the seat was pushed that back for the first time. Not sure if this is normal? or should I get it checked
  5. Many of the black caps on the screws of the wheels came out during the drive because of the potholes. They seem to be for show, but wanted to check if it is issue not replacing them.
Learnings:
  • Get spare pressure checked before long drives
  • Skoda Roadside assistance is fairly good. I got a call from a local guy within 15 minutes of calling them
  • [Positive] Because of very sedate and careful driving post the tyre burst, I got a mileage of 14+ with the tank range of 1000+ kms
Old 23rd August 2022, 12:55   #1334
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio80 View Post
The local mechanic said since the spare was new, it should work fine. I started driving at low speeds towards Mumbai and as suggested, started taking breaks of 10-15 mins every 45-60 mins to avoid overheating of the spare. [*]Had read somewhere that buying tyres in pair is better so that they age together and is better for the car? Is this true and I should go for two Or can I go with one tyre only? (Considering that spare is not a good solution on long trips, I was thinking that I can buy two and keep the undamaged one in the trunk for long trips)[*]Considering the long trip of bad roads, should I get anything else checked? Wheel alignment, etc.
Not a Superb owner but generically speaking:

1. How are the current tyres and what brand? Age & mileage on them?
2. Is the spare a full-sized one or a space-saver tyre (SST)?
3. Are your tyre pressures correct?
4. You should generally buy 2 if the other tyres are fairly worn. Ideally, new tyres should go to the rear axle.
5. Do check wheel alignment definitely!
6. Michelin is the preferred brand as such.
itwasntme is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2022, 13:12   #1335
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio80 View Post
[*]Which company tyres to buy?[*]Had read somewhere that buying tyres in pair is better so that they age together and is better for the car? Is this true and I should go for two Or can I go with one tyre only? (Considering that spare is not a good solution on long trips, I was thinking that I can buy two and keep the undamaged one in the trunk for long trips)
Itwasntme has covered most of the points. Would just like to add that if you are changing to a different brand - please get at least a pair rather than a single tyre to truly enjoy the better grip, comfort offered by these better than stock tyres.
lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks