Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2022, 23:02   #1186
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Skoda Superb : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead777 View Post
They were ready to give a meagre 50K discount but would commit to delivery within a week if I booked it last week as he showed me his factory dispatch information which had 5-6 Superbs allotted to them with only two were booked and rest were open to be booked.
Which dealer is in discussion here?

Last edited by aah78 : 2nd March 2022 at 22:07. Reason: Quote trimmed.
Old 22nd February 2022, 06:15   #1187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI07 View Post
Which dealer is in discussion here?
Hi, it's Ring Road Skoda in Gurgaon (Golf Course Road) and their other dealership in Sonepat.

Last edited by aah78 : 2nd March 2022 at 22:07. Reason: Typos fixed.
petrolhead777 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2022, 12:58   #1188

Hello Everyone,

Really happy to announce that I have added another Skoda Superb Sportline Race blue to the Team-bhp fam. I took the delivery from Tafe Skoda St.Marks road Bangalore on 14/02/2022.

The ceramic coating was done 2 days back from Ultimate Detailerz. Mr. Rustan from UD was really helpful and took care of the entire process smoothly. I have followed the same setup as @SanjuInGgn where black bits were covered by PPF and the rest I went with ceramic coating. The car has run about 300 km so far.

I haven’t registered the car yet as it will be done in my hometown Kerala later next week.

Special thanks to @DDiSLover for his guidance and suggestions.

Skoda Superb : Official Review-superb-blueronald.jpeg

Last edited by aah78 : 2nd March 2022 at 22:06. Reason: Picture inserted in-line.
ronald.who is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2022, 15:23   #1189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronald.who View Post
Hello Everyone,

Really happy to announce that I have added another Skoda Superb Sportline Race blue to the Team-bhp fam.
Special thanks to @DDiSLover for his guidance and suggestions.
Congratulations brother!

we should form a click of Mallus with Race Blue Superbs who bought in one state & registered in another state

Please post more pictures, especially for the interiors. Do you have the 3spoke wheel or the 2 spoke one? Wondering what the differences between our Sportlines are.

From what I know:
1. The headlights are different. I have a 4 led setup, while you have a projector setup.
2. I have a bespoke indicator lamp on the front headlamps, while your DRLs should turn double up for indicators.

Last edited by DDiSLover : 22nd February 2022 at 15:26.
DDiSLover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2022, 15:46   #1190
BHPian

Quote:
Really happy to announce that I have added another Skoda Superb Sportline Race blue to the Team-bhp fam. I took the delivery from Tafe Skoda St.Marks road Bangalore on 14/02/2022.
Many congratulations mate. Wish you many happy miles.
Also please share more pics and details.
God speed.

Last edited by aah78 : 2nd March 2022 at 22:06. Reason: Quote trimmed.
Old 22nd February 2022, 15:52   #1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDiSLover View Post
From what I know:
1. The headlights are different. I have a 4 led setup, while you have a projector setup.
2. I have a bespoke indicator lamp on the front headlamps, while your DRLs should turn double up for indicators.
I swear! I hope we all get to meet each other soon.

I saw a Race blue superb on Sunday late evening here in Bangalore. I was coming back from Ultimate Detailerz and the car passed me near CV Raman Nagar.
Not sure if it was one of the Team-bhp members.

I will try to click some neat interior pictures soon. Mine is a 3 spoke steering wheel. When I asked about the difference even the showroom employees were unsure about it.
One person said wireless charging has been added.

Last edited by aah78 : 2nd March 2022 at 22:05. Reason: Quote trimmed.
ronald.who is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2022, 12:34   #1192
BHPian

Quote:
I swear! I hope we all get to meet each other soon.

I will try to click some neat interior pictures soon. Mine is a 3 spoke steering wheel. When I asked about the difference even the showroom employees were unsure about it.
One person said wireless charging has been added.
Once you DMs are active, drop me a line

Yes, please do share interior pictures. Do you have wireless charging? I dont.
I've heard that the following are the differences, good to verify:
  1. Headlights - 4LED vs projectors
  2. Front indicators - Bespoke vs DRL doubling up
  3. Removeable boot light - Present vs absent
  4. Umbrellas - 2 present vs absent
  5. Auto parking - absent vs ???

Other things like powered non ventilated seats, digital cockpit, should be the same.
Old 23rd February 2022, 13:54   #1193

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead777 View Post
Many congratulations mate. Wish you many happy miles.
Also please share more pics and details.
God speed.
Thank you so much! I will definitely try to capture some good pictures soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDiSLover View Post
Once you DMs are active, drop me a line

Yes, please do share interior pictures. Do you have wireless charging? I dont.
I've heard that the following are the differences, good to verify:
Definitely I will hit you up once my DMs are active.

Yes, I have wireless charging.

1. Headlights - projectors
2. Front indicators - DRL doubling up
3. Removable boot light - absent
4. Umbrellas - absent
5. Auto parking - absent

Rest most of it is the same.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 23rd February 2022 at 14:02. Reason: Merged back-to-back posts. Please use the Edit/Quote+ (multi-quote) functionality
ronald.who is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2022, 00:16   #1194

Hey team,

Small update on my Superb!
Over the weekend, I got the dreaded EPC light light up on my car. I was far away from home, so baby sat the car back hoping nothing goes wrong. I did not see any issues in the car and it felt all normal except the light turning on.
Looking at the error code on the app and a bit of self-googling, it seemed like it's inadequate fuel quality issue.
In some time, the check engine light turned on too. Surprisingly though, the EPC light went off when i filled in some fuel but the check engine light stayed on.
I parked the car and figured I'll take her to the SVC next weekday.
So when i turned the car on to take her to the service centre, the check engine light had turned off too. I still took her anyway just to be cautious.
The technician took the car, noted down the complaints and said they'll do a thorough check to make sure everything's ok. I've been told I'll be charged ~3.5k for inspections which i found a bit weird given i had the super care package too. But I guess that's the norm? Please let me know if this isn't.
I'll keep you guys updated when i hear back from SVC and when I get her back.
Hoping for everything to be ok!
Old 2nd March 2022, 10:03   #1195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNerdyCarGuy View Post
But I guess that's the norm? Please let me know if this isn't.
Please do not fall for this. All they will do is reset the warning and return the vehicle to you. This (Skoda Superb : Official Review) very thing happened to me in the 1st week of ownership. Take possession of your car immediately.

Last edited by vinu_h : 2nd March 2022 at 10:06.
vinu_h is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2022, 11:56   #1196
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I've been told I'll be charged ~3.5k for inspections which i found a bit weird given i had the super care package too. But I guess that's the norm? Please let me know if this isn't.
If your car is under warranty you should't be charged anything.
Coming to the issue, the problem could be due to bad quality fuel as is very common cause for this. What fuel do you use? Try stick to XP95 as much as possible and only fill at reputed pumps, plan your fill ups on a road trip. These engines and its sensors are very sensitive to bad fuel quality.
Since both the error lights went off, means it was a sporadic error and not a static fault. It will be in the log for sure, make sure they note it in your job card. Do take photos next time of such incidents to prove to ASC. If it was a sporadic error, there's nothing the ASC can do about it. No point paying money for diagnostics, you shouldn't be charged in the first place.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2022, 18:27   #1197

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
Please do not fall for this. All they .... 1st week of ownership. Take possession of your car immediately.
Indeed, you were right! It wasn't a big deal and I got her back today morning and was charged ~3.5k just for them to connect their laptop tothe car and resetting the errors!
I wish I read your post earlier. But i guess it's fine to get it checked just for peace of mind. However, I hate that i was asked to pay for it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
If your car is under warranty you should't be charged anything.
Coming to the issue, the .... diagnostics, you shouldn't be charged in the first place.
That's what I assumed. I wasn't expecting to pay for this small check. What do you suggest I do in instances like this? Basically, when I anticipate issues on the car and visit SVC for their help. They obviously have leverage in such cases since I don't know what the process is. I did tell them I don't expect charges since I have the maintenance package but he just said it's for servicing and not issues like this.

I've been sticking to the same petrol bunk for filling her up. It's a good shell pump and I've always been filling her with Shell V-Power. During long trips, I try to stick to shell as much as possible.

The XP95 you're talking about is from HP, right? I'll switch to that going forward I guess!

Thanks for the suggestions folks, appreciate it!
Old 2nd March 2022, 18:28   #1198
BHPian

Quote:
Over the weekend, I got the dreaded EPC light light up on my car. Hoping for everything to be ok!
This is the 2nd instance I am hearing from Bangalore very early on in the ownership for Superb. Is this something that should one worry about. I haven't read any such complaints on the new gen Octavia thread.

Can someone help me with is the mechanical difference between the suspension and brake setup in Superb vs Octavia. The brochure reads the following, but I am not sure how this translates to real world superiority.

Suspension Superb
Front Suspension : McPherson suspension with lower triangular links and torsion stabiliser
Rear Suspension : Multi-element axle, with one longitudinal and transverse links, with torsion stabiliser

Suspension Octavia
Front Suspension : MacPherson suspension
Rear Suspension : Multilink suspension, one longitudinal and three transverse arms

Brakes Superb
Braking System : Braking system Hydraulic dual-diagonal circuit braking system vacuum assisted with Dual Rate system
Brakes Front : Disc brakes with inner cooling, with single/piston floating caliper
Brakes Rear : Disc

Brakes Octavia
Braking System : Hydraulic dual-diagonal circuit braking system
Brakes Front : Disc
Brakes Rear : Disc
Old 2nd March 2022, 19:30   #1199
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
That's what I assumed. I wasn't expecting to pay for this small check. What do you suggest I do in instances like this? Basically, when I anticipate issues on the car and visit SVC for their help. They obviously have leverage in such cases since I don't know what the process is. I did tell them I don't expect charges since I have the maintenance package but he just said it's for servicing and not issues like this.
Irrespective of service package, this is covered under warranty.
I would write to Skoda Customer Care & Zac about this - it's absurd to have to pay for diagnosis of a fault in your new, under warranty vehicle. I would also state that you are not satisfied with which the diligence was carried out as per your post.
I don't recall anyone having to pay for diagnosis of the EPC light on the Kushaq thread either.
lamborghini is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2022, 21:49   #1200

Quote:
I've been sticking to the same petrol bunk for filling her up. It's a good shell pump and I've always been filling her with Shell V-Power. During long trips, I try to stick to shell as much as possible.
Suggest avoid petrol with additives like Shell V-Power. For Superb, recommend use IOCL XP-95 (95 Octane) petrol. Try stick to IOCL COCO fuel stations. XP-95 is now widely available across India with IOCL. Still, when outstation, if XP-95 not available, refill using regular 91 Octane petrol.

A question - which SKODA workshop in Bangalore charged you for diagnosis of the EPC light?

Last edited by aah78 : 2nd March 2022 at 22:05. Reason: Quote trimmed.
SumanPal is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks