Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2021, 11:35   #1111
BHPian

Re: Skoda Superb : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Skoda Superb is truly VFM car.

Could you please share places you visited in Kutch & White Rann.
You can plan this way. Stay 2 nights in Bhuj. 1st day for Mandvi beach, 72 jinalaya , vijay vilas palace, krishna verma memorial etc and 2nd day for local sightseeing which include Palaces, Museum, Vande Mataram Memorial/Craft Park etc.
One night for white rann is enough and staying in tent city is a must. The culture activites, star gazing is wonderful to watch. Next day you can plan Kalo Dungar.

If possible visit white rann on full moon night.
parekhakshar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th November 2021, 22:39   #1112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Yet to see real life pictures of the Superb with new cognac interiors. Anyone here has seen it yet? Any pictures from dealers? My dealer says he’ll receive a few cars next month.
have booked a white superb with cognac interior in delhi. Dealer has told me the cognac interior will be produced in january only now.
manujkansal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th November 2021, 00:26   #1113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manujkansal View Post
have booked a white superb with cognac interior in delhi. Dealer has told me the cognac interior will be produced in january only now.
Yes my dealer said the same. No brown interior car on stock and also they are changing the brown shade in 2022.
Old 20th November 2021, 00:28   #1114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish84 View Post
Yes my dealer said the same. No brown interior car on stock and also they are changing the brown shade in 2022.
Yes they’ve discontinued the brown interior now. And the driver seat massager is only there in the white exterior + cognac interior combination.
Old 21st November 2021, 14:03   #1115
Senior - BHPian

I kicked off the hunt for my first 'luxury' car yesterday with the test drive of Skoda Superb L&K. My expectations were high post reading this thread, sadly I returned somewhat disappointed.

While I liked the car overall, the sheer size of the thing and how easy it is to drive even in Pune's bumper to bumper traffic, long list of useful features, loads of space and overall quality. However here is the what I did not like. The first three points.

1. The huge 'hump' on the rear floor. The biggest I've seen in a FWD car so far! Someone taking the middle spot on rear seat will not appreciate it. It makes the car look like a 4-seater.

2. Cabin was not 'quiet'. Road noise was prominent.

3. The overall design of the dashboard. I personally did not like the design. It looked too simple and basic. I agree that the quality of material used, fit and finish is all great but the center console design looked old. I Liked Octavia's dashboard over Superb's and the gear shifter too.

4. While it has old school charging point just below the rear A/C went, I felt couple of USB charging points would have made more sense.

Note : Just to be sure, I'm looking for a 5 seater luxurious family car.

Last edited by HammerHead : 21st November 2021 at 14:06.
HammerHead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2021, 14:10   #1116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
I kicked off the hunt for my first 'luxury' car yesterday with the test drive of Skoda Superb L&K. My expectations were high post reading this thread, sadly I returned somewhat disappointed.

Which other cars are you considering?
Old 21st November 2021, 20:40   #1117
BHPian

Quote:
Any body faced these issues :
Running car in drive mode , engine stopped and both side of engine very hot
Got this message on the Superb owners whatsapp group. Anyone faced this or has any idea about this? I thought it might be the auto start stop but the owner clarified that it was not the case and he got a message on the screen to ‘restart the car manually’
Old 21st November 2021, 21:26   #1118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by youknowitbetter View Post
Which other cars are you considering?
Toyota Camry, Citroen C5 Aircross and anything in between that price range. Will also check out few pre-worshiped examples and if nothing fits in, I will hold on.
Old 22nd November 2021, 14:21   #1119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
If you want all 5 passengers to be comfortably seated, then even E class will disappoint you because sedans are comfortable for maximum 4 passengers only. This suggestion might sound strange but if comfort is highest criteria then have a look at Kia Carnival/Innova or else if you want german car then you can wait for launch of new kodiaq.
parekhakshar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2021, 14:56   #1120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parekhakshar View Post
If you want all 5 passengers to be comfortably seated, then even E class will disappoint you because sedans are comfortable for maximum 4 passengers only.
In that case I will fall back on my original choice, a 7 seater SUV.

Quote:
This suggestion might sound strange but if comfort is highest criteria then have a look at Kia Carnival/Innova or else if you want german car then you can wait for launch of new kodiaq.
Toyota Innova - is a strict no in the current shape so is Kia Carnival however for some strange reasons I started liking 2022 Kia Carnival
Skoda Kodiaq will be launched early next year. Will surely test drive it as my wife has it in her list along with VW Tiguan AllSpace.

Last edited by HammerHead : 22nd November 2021 at 15:02.
HammerHead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2021, 00:19   #1121

Hello Team BHP !! Sharing my ownership experience.. I bought my Superb in July 21.
Did the complete engine Run-in as per the owner’s manual. Then unleashed the beast !

I have always used Indian Oil XP95 and gives a fuel efficiency of about 13KMPL on city drive and about 15~18KMPL on highways.

Only mod done was the removal of the speed alarm (80/120). This was done in September and I must say that the car has been much quieter now. This was done by code my VAG on Instagram.

Auto Parking works most of the times but is slow in detecting a slot.

I have already done a road trip from Delhi to Hyderabad with one night halt at Sagar. It was really comfortable with 3 people and tons of luggage. Managed to cover a distance of 930Km in one continuous stretch no problem. In this trip got a fuel efficiency of approx 14KMPL.

Getting Skoda connect activated was a real hassle as the dealership was unaware of this being present in the superb! Got to know about it from this forum only and got after them to get in touch with the factory. Engine Start/Stop notifications, live tracking,speed,basic engine parameters,etc are available.

I have attached a few pictures for your eyes to feast upon! Also the 930Km run pic.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Superb : Official Review-f89d3cb7ee1b408991c5734ee4cb1745.jpeg  

Skoda Superb : Official Review-6881e5d2b3054b00a51351c0a560e1bd.jpeg  

Skoda Superb : Official Review-535e449deb9f406d993460da15144734.jpeg  

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 25th November 2021 at 06:44. Reason: Please refrain from posting about speeding on public roads. Removed the relevant bits from the post. Thanks.
robcoolrana is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 11:34   #1122
BHPian

Recently completed 2000km road trip from Surat to White Rann of Kutch, first long road trip with new Superb.

Can you please share the Name/Location of the Resort? Looks good.
Old 26th November 2021, 14:07   #1123
BHPian

Folks, wanted to give a heads up to those whose 1st service is coming due. Avoid taking days that are more than 10 days before the service is due. I got a call couple of weeks back from one of the dealers for an service appointment. When pointed that mine was due in 2nd half of December, I was told that I could go 20-25 days. When I went, they said that service this early would require some email exception.

The dealership was accommodating and gave me an option of doing it today, but I chose to go back closer later closer to my delivery date (since the service center is not too far and I didn't want to spend entire weekday at the center).

The people who might be calling you for service dates might not be aware of this rule, so push back and take a date closer to your anniversary date.
Scorpio80 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th November 2021, 19:13   #1124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio80 View Post
Folks, wanted to give a heads up to those whose 1st service is coming due. Avoid taking days that are more than 10 days before the service is due. I got a call couple of weeks back from one of the dealers for an service appointment. When pointed that mine was due in 2nd half of December, I was told that I could go 20-25 days. When I went, they said that service this early would require some email exception.

The dealership was accommodating and gave me an option of doing it today, but I chose to go back closer later closer to my delivery date (since the service center is not too far and I didn't want to spend entire weekday at the center).

The people who might be calling you for service dates might not be aware of this rule, so push back and take a date closer to your anniversary date.
Not sure if there is a rule like that. I recently took in my superb for its first service (7 months, 12k KM). They were more than happy to service it and nothing about such a rule came up.

Ps- took it in early because of a personal choice to get the oil changed every 10-12k KM
Old 28th November 2021, 11:44   #1125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agrajagarwal View Post
Not sure if there is a rule like that. I recently took in my superb for its first service (7 months, 12k KM). They were more than happy to service it and nothing about such a rule came up.

Ps- took it in early because of a personal choice to get the oil changed every 10-12k KM
Surprising. Do you have the Service Maintenance Pack? I have that and the rule could be related to that.
Scorpio80 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks