Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th December 2021, 08:49   #1141
BHPian

Re: Skoda Superb : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumanPal View Post
his is from my drive on 23-Dec Hyderabad (Banjara Hills) to Bangalore (Whitefield). IOCL XP95, cruising mostly between 80-90 kmph with occasional bursts to 3-digit speeds for overtaking. Note the range on the instrument cluster - that was after driving 158 km since tank-full. End of my journey, it was showing range at ~750 km. Used NORMAL driving mode all through - no use of SPORTS or ECO mode. The car is indeed economical to drive on long highway trips.
Thanks! I will try a highway drive at 90kmph to see how much I can extract. Quick question, how long did it take you to get to bangalore Airport from Banjara?
Old 25th December 2021, 11:44   #1142

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDiSLover View Post
Thanks! I will try a highway drive at 90kmph to see how much I can extract. Quick question, how long did it take you to get to bangalore Airport from Banjara?
Banjara Hills to Bangalore Airport diversion took me ~8 hours with 2 brief stops in between. Total driving time as per instrument cluster summary end of trip was 9.5 hours.
SumanPal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2021, 19:54   #1143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDiSLover View Post
Whoa ! That's insane FE numbers. The maximum I could squeeze out was 14kmpl, in the highway.

How in earth do you get to 17-18? Any tips would be greatly appreciated
Logged 17.4kmpl Avg During my drive from Hyd-Warangal-Hyd, I was only on Normal and Eco Mode, Didn't cross 120 kmph with a very light right foot most of the time.

During my usual Daily drives from Financial District to Shamirpet/Suraram, On Cruise control at 95/100, i get around 17.5-18 kmpl. It's quite hard to drive sedately after knowing the capabilities of the car.
nishithrao95 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2021, 09:05   #1144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishithrao95 View Post
Logged 17.4kmpl Avg During my drive from Hyd-Warangal-Hyd, I was only on Normal and Eco Mode, Didn't cross 120 kmph with a very light right foot most of the time.

During my usual Daily drives from Financial District to Shamirpet/Suraram, On Cruise control at 95/100, i get around 17.5-18 kmpl. It's quite hard to drive sedately after knowing the capabilities of the car.
I have driven my Gen 2 Superb 1.8 TSI AT 1lakh Kms so far, never managed to get more than 10kmpl on open highways. It’s a struggle to keep the car under 120kmph on good roads

You mush be a person with strong willpower. Enjoy your car but do spin it to redline on open roads, occasionally at least. I read somewhere that it helps to keep the engine healthy by burning carbon deposits.
novice is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st December 2021, 17:04   #1145
BHPian

Folks, just in case anyone is interested, I recently bought this set of floor mats for my 2021 Superb Sportline, and am really happy with the product. Thought would share in case it helps others.
https://www.amazon.in/GoMechanic-Sta...ct_top?ie=UTF8

Cheers, and a happy new year!
Old 1st January 2022, 12:08   #1146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rphukan View Post
Folks, just in case anyone is interested, I recently bought this set of floor mats for my 2021 Superb Sportline, and am really happy with the product.
Congrats on the car! These look smart. Why didn't you opt for 3D Kagu? They've now started selling on their own Indian website, and its really the best set of mats I've seen by far. Though pricey, its worth every rupee spent. I have them on my Vento since 9 years, like new. On the Octy, since 8 years, flawless. Best part is due to the shape it is easy to dust off as the dust gets collected in the mat and doesn't spill out on the carpet. Just be careful with pointed items, passengers wearing those pointy pencil heels, that'll dig holes in the mats.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2022, 13:21   #1147
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Why didn't you opt for 3D Kagu? They've now started selling on their own Indian website, and its really the best set of mats I've seen by far.
Adi, I fully agree. I have bought 3D Kagu / Maxpider mats for my Polo, Cruze, Creta, Octavia & 330i but many owners have complained that there is no proper bespoke mats for the Superb. Have they introduced the same now?
Old 6th January 2022, 12:01   #1148
BHPian

I had a query, somebody in the family is considering buying the L&K Superb. I was just going through the catalogue and it says there are 2 choices for the interior colour scheme. Is this an option or applicable based on exterior colour?
Old 6th January 2022, 14:09   #1149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityasatish View Post
I was just going through the catalogue and it says there are 2 choices for the interior colour scheme. Is this an option or applicable based on exterior colour?
The following is applicable only for L&K. The cognac color seats with driver seat massage functionality are apparently available only with the White exterior. . No one has a clear picture on the color scheme for dash and interiors for this combination - (ie) it unclear weather its beige or black for this combination. The other combination is whatever is available today, beige interiors with beige seats for all exterior colors. This combination does not have driver seat massage function, AFAIU.

Last edited by SR-71 : 6th January 2022 at 14:11.
SR-71 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2022, 15:20   #1150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Adi, I fully agree. I have bought 3D Kagu / Maxpider mats for my Polo, Cruze, Creta, Octavia & 330i but many owners have complained that there is no proper bespoke mats for the Superb. Have they introduced the same now?
The website does show Skoda Superb "NEW" but the image is that of the pre-facelift model. Not entirely sure now, when I see it, looks like specific mats for current gen Superb aren't introduced yet.
Old 10th January 2022, 21:13   #1151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I told my brother that between the C-Class & Superb, the Mercedes has practically no advantage other than the badge + RWD. The Superb is superior in almost every way…. Even with Skoda Superbs, we didn't consider used
The first thing that came to my mind when I saw lead mod went for a new car. Took me a while before I could make this:
Presenting Bhpians here who convinced their Father-in-law to buy a used German after reading GTO’s buy used thread
Attached Images

Last edited by Iyencar : 10th January 2022 at 21:14.
Iyencar is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 11th January 2022, 21:35   #1152
BHPian

Completed 260km road trip and these are the figures of mileage
Skoda Superb : Official Review-1f8cf83513aa4521aeb32b26731bf181.jpeg

-100% highway drive
-Speed mostly around 80-100
-Light footed driving
-Ac off
-Shell unleaded petrol

Initially range was around 780 and it started increasing gradually and maxed out at around 1150km(photo was taken at 1110km range).
Skoda Superb : Official Review-2f8dc96ece8f4c42a403c298dc777e30.jpeg

Do note that not even a single point of petrol gauge dropped during entire trip.
2.0 TSi is EXCELLENT. Previous gen superb tsi never returned mileage of more than 12. This engine has more power and mind blowing mileage figures.

Last edited by parekhakshar : 11th January 2022 at 21:37.
parekhakshar is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 19th January 2022, 03:44   #1153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Congrats on the car! These look smart. Why didn't you opt for 3D Kagu? They've now started selling on their own Indian website, and its really the best set of mats I've seen by far. Though pricey, its worth every rupee spent. I have them on my Vento since 9 years, like new. On the Octy, since 8 years, flawless. Best part is due to the shape it is easy to dust off as the dust gets collected in the mat and doesn't spill out on the carpet. Just be careful with pointed items, passengers wearing those pointy pencil heels, that'll dig holes in the mats.
I'd Still prefer 3M Nomad mats, even though they have got pricey than before. Been using them since their launch in India and have never been disappointed. I just had to get the driver's side changed after 3/4 years.
nishithrao95 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2022, 08:42   #1154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishithrao95 View Post
I'd Still prefer 3M Nomad mats, even though they have got pricey than before. Been using them since their launch in India and have never been disappointed. I just had to get the driver's side changed after 3/4 years.
Totally agree, having used 3M Nomad mats I really cannot switch to anything else. Had 3D Kagu on Octavia for a while but it captures mud on the surface, while 3M Nomad doesn’t. It has been a tough choice with looks of 3D kagu vs. practicality of 3M.
Now have 3M for both my cars

Last edited by sunikkat : 19th January 2022 at 08:44.
sunikkat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2022, 10:40   #1155
Senior - BHPian

Hi all,

I was wondering if someone could help me out. I will be in the market for a new car this year, I have shortlisted the Skoda Superb as one of the cars, other being Jeep Compass, to replace my soon to be 12 year old Swift.
I would be unable to afford the Superb at the listed 38.99L listed on-road Bombay for the Sportline variant. I was wondering if someone could tell me what kind of discounts are being offered for the Sportline variant and the L&K as well and if there's such a thing as best time of the year to get the best deal possible or any advice you all could give me so I can obtain my dream car.
I would greatly appreciate any help on the same. Can PM me as well if need be.

Thank you very much for your time : )

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks