Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2021, 10:30   #1066

Re: Skoda Superb : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumanPal View Post

Having spoken to couple of Skoda dealers in Bangalore, option for Cognac interior will only be coming in the Moon White exterior color option. What can be of even more concern – it will be only the Moon White color that will come with driver seat massage function.

This is what my dealer told me too. I had originally booked the black L&K but now changed to white due to this. Delivery last week of October.
Old 8th October 2021, 13:53   #1067
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramitmahajan View Post
This is what my dealer told me too. I had originally booked the black L&K but now changed to white due to this. Delivery last week of October.
Which dealer is it? There is shortage of chips at Skoda. Personal experience has been that dealers are taking bookings and counting their stars if the vehicle is allocated. This is an on going experience.

I would strongly suggest that you do ask for confirmation and proof on allocation of vehicle and dispatch date else you are at risk of missing delivery dates.
CircleOfLife is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2021, 10:32   #1068

Quote:
Originally Posted by CircleOfLife View Post
Which dealer is it? There is shortage of chips at Skoda. Personal experience has been that dealers are taking bookings and counting their stars if the vehicle is allocated. This is an on going experience.

I would strongly suggest that you do ask for confirmation and proof on allocation of vehicle and dispatch date else you are at risk of missing delivery dates.
This is JMD auto in Mumbai. He continues to confirm the delivery for now.

Good idea on asking for confirmation and proof of allocation. Will check that.
Old 14th October 2021, 15:28   #1069

Quote:
Originally Posted by CircleOfLife View Post

So you turned out to be right. I just received a call and they said that the selected upholstery is not available. Most likely not available for another two months it seems.

Now with the Kodiaq announcement I am wondering if I should just wait for that instead of Superb.
Old 14th October 2021, 17:36   #1070
BHPian

Quote:
Now with the Kodiaq announcement I am wondering if I should just wait for that instead of Superb.
If you have the budget for Kodiaq then yes it would be prudent to opt for it. From commercial stand point new kodiaq will not have any discounts compared superb. End of the year you will have leverage for negotiations on superb.

Take a call based on your preferences. My vote will be Kodiaq.

Plan B is to keep the booking for superb and take a call in December. Not sure on how supply chain and other headwinds will play around in the market.

Tiguan which is slated around November end. Query is why will any one take Nov-21 vehicle at year end without discounts, unless the chassis is coming with year 2022.
CircleOfLife is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2021, 20:08   #1071

Got home a Skoda Superb L&K!
Please join me in welcoming Syra to our family!

First of all, thanks to all the Team-BHP members on this forum. This decision of me (and my wife) to buy the Skoda Superb was made a LOT easy because of you.

A (not so) little background:
As the story of a lot of people on this forum, we did not start our car buying decision on the Superb. We were waayyy off and weren't even thinking of it. In fact, I was waiting for the Kodiaq to launch and my wife was eyeing the Hyundai Verna for herself.

I have been waiting to buy a car for ~2 years now but was delaying it due to Covid. About 2 months back, I started getting a little impatient and wanted to buy a car ASAP (both my wife and my car have gotten pretty old now so we wanted to upgrade). Our plan was to buy the Kodiaq first and then a sedan for my wife in a couple of months. But as the launch of Kodiaq kept getting pushed, I started taking test drives of other vehicles like the Jeep Compass, Alcazar, etc. but none of them felt like love at first drive. So we decided it's probably worth waiting for the Kodiaq/Tiguan. But before making that decision, I wanted to experience this engine-gearbox combo to make sure it is actually that good as everyone says it is and is really worth the wait.

So one day, I went to Skoda and I drove the Superb. As soon as I sat in the car and drove it, I knew I wanted this beauty. (And I always thought I'm an SUV guy)

Once back home, started my month-long journey to convince my wife to go for the Superb. We did a LOT of financial planning, at one point, I even told her I'll get the Superb and you get a Verna, but let's please get the Superb! I then called the Skoda salesperson home for a long test drive so my wife could get a feel of the car. Once she sat in it and drove it, it was sealed, we were getting a Superb, she also became a fan of the car and we were sold on it.

The rest, as they say, is history!

We did have a couple of hiccups in purchasing the vehicle, the dreaded Skoda experience as they say. But after escalating once, things went pretty smooth and we finally got SYRA home on the 9th October 2021. She's an MY22 Superb L&K in Black color.

We've driven ~410 kms with her. And every single one of them has been amazing! We're both so glad we made this decision.

Here are some (not so great) pics of her:

Skoda Superb : Official Review-20211009_112733.jpg

Skoda Superb : Official Review-20211009_112922.jpg

Skoda Superb : Official Review-20211009_224055.jpg

Skoda Superb : Official Review-20211010_062751.jpg

Some issues that we faced:
  1. She turned off once on its own while driving. Auto Start/Stop was off, the gear went to D on the IC and didn't start again until I put her back in P and then started by the ignition button. Not sure what happened, any help on this is appreciated.
  2. Skoda Connect isn't working. Have reached out to the dealer. They're saying it should start in a day.
  3. She's BIG. It'll take time to get used to its size in Bangalore traffic.
  4. Android Auto is BUGGY! We faced a lot of issues pairing our phones and using Android Auto.
aNerdyCarGuy is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 15th October 2021, 17:36   #1072

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNerdyCarGuy View Post
[/list]
Congratulations on the purchase. She looks great. Question - did you get the MY22 in the black color easily? As I understand MY22 has the driver seat massage feature. Is it included in your car?

My dealer clearly told me it was not available in black atleast in Mumbai.
ramitmahajan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2021, 18:42   #1073

Quote:
Congratulations on the purchase. She looks great. Question - did you get the MY22 in the black color easily? As I understand MY22 has the driver seat massage feature. Is it included in your car?

My dealer clearly told me it was not available in black atleast in Mumbai.
Thank you!
No, it wasn't easy to get this one. We had booked an MY21 in Black but apparently there are no stocks of the Black colour in MY21. There's only a handful pieces of MY21 left but that's only the now discontinued Brown colour. My wife and I wanted just the black color and nothing else, so we went for the MY22 instead.

And yes, your dealer is correct, the massage feature is not available in Black. In fact, it's only available in the White color with the new cognac interior trim (Which was very odd to us too). For all intents and purposes, there's no difference in the MY21 and the MY22 versions on the Superb. At least none that we could find (but of course, we don't have an MY21 to compare with too)!

Hope that helps!
aNerdyCarGuy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2021, 20:34   #1074
BHPian

Quote:

We did have a couple of hiccups in purchasing the vehicle, the dreaded Skoda experience as they say. But after escalating once, things went pretty smooth
Congrats. Looks amazing. This looks like PPS @ Sadashivnagar. Was Shivaprasad your sales rep ? He's the only trustworthy person in that branch.

Quote:
Android Auto is BUGGY! We faced a lot of issues pairing our phones and using Android Auto.[/list]
Once paired it's usually smooth. Make sure the app permissions are in place. You'll see occasional abrupt app exits but otherwise it works very well.
vinu_h is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2021, 21:28   #1075

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
Congrats. Looks amazing. This looks like PPS @ Sadashivnagar. Was Shivaprasad your sales rep ? He's the only trustworthy person in that branch.
Yeah, it is PPS @ Sadashivnagar. And no, it wasn't Shivaprasad for us. It's a long and complicated story how we ended up here though with the salesperson we got! :

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
Once paired it's usually smooth. Make sure the app permissions are in place. You'll see occasional abrupt app exits but otherwise it works very well.
Yeah I've noticed these abrupt exits you're talking about. But the pairing process itself was a bit problematic. Coming from a dumb car with no screens, we're still getting used to handling notifications on Android auto (especially those WhatsApp group chats that gets 10s of message notifications in one go and the car starts alarming for each individual message).

Plus, I can't seem to get Google assistant working from the steering wheel. It always activates Skoda's assistant and its response is almost always that voice assistant is not available for your country.
Old 16th October 2021, 16:55   #1076

Quote:
Thank you!
No, it wasn't easy to get this one. We had booked an MY21 in Black but apparently there are no stocks of the Black colour in MY21. There's only a handful pieces of MY21 left but that's only the now discontinued Brown colour. My wife and I wanted just the black color and nothing else, so we went for the MY22 instead.
So what is the difference between MY21 and MY22? I thought it was only the massage feature?
Old 16th October 2021, 20:27   #1077
BHPian

Just gave my car for the first service at Tafe. Very smooth experience so far with the appointment and at the service centre. The location is not convenient with a lot of bad service roads etc, but the service centre itself is very well put together. I unfortunately had a stone chip hit the windshield on the highway yesterday, so have to get the windshield replaced. With all the tech attached to the windshield, this has to be an original Skoda replacement part and will take a few days to procure and install.

A few niggles that I am hoping will be sorted out:
  • Squeaking noise from the doors (I think) when driving over speed breakers. This has been discussed in the forums before, but none of the solutions (wet wipe, gummi pflege etc) seem to work permanently. Really hoping this will be resolved
  • One of the rear door child locks has been activated without any action from me. I left it as is and have the asked the service centre to take a look as to what happened.

I have the 4 year SMP from Skoda, so this should just be minimal to no cost other than the windshield (which I will have to use insurance for).
Old 16th October 2021, 21:01   #1078

Quote:
So what is the difference between MY21 and MY22? I thought it was only the massage feature?
The massage feature is only available in the white coloured Skoda Superb with the Cognac Interior trim.

All the other colors of the MY22 Superb have no change. From what I understand, it's just a price hike for all the other colors/trims.

There might be some very small things that might have been removed/added but neither the dealer nor I noticed anything different.
aNerdyCarGuy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2021, 23:32   #1079

Quote:
The massage feature is only available in the white coloured Skoda Superb with the Cognac Interior trim.

All the other colors of the MY22 Superb have no change. From what I understand, it's just a price hike for all the other colors/trims.

There might be some very small things that might have been removed/added but neither the dealer nor I noticed anything different.
Thanks, I thought so too and funnily the white/ cognac option is not available. So basically they are selling the same car with an increased price
Old 17th October 2021, 08:51   #1080
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNerdyCarGuy
She turned off once on its own while driving. Auto Start/Stop was off, the gear went to D on the IC and didn't start again until I put her back in P and then started by the ignition button. Not sure what happened, any help on this is appreciated.
Hi,

I have faced a similar issue a couple of times, however start-stop was on. The car shut off at lower speeds & refuses to start automatically. I got a notification on the instrument cluster to manually start the car. It is pretty dangerous in moving traffic.

This has never happened with start-stop deactivated.

NOTE: For all Superb owner’s looking to looking to avoid hitting the start-stop button during start up, this LINK might be a good solution without tinkering with the VCDS voltage settings. This should be a direct fit, but do check with the seller for compatibility. Below video by Humble Mechanic explains the working in detail.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks