BHPian

Re: Skoda Superb : Official Review

Here's a colors comparison chart:

Skoda Superb : Official Review-coloroptionschart.png
t2k4 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 8th August 2021, 15:13   #917
BHPian

I got delivery on my Superb L & K (White and Beige) on August 1,2021.

Coming from Hyundai, one thing for sure is that Skoda approach has definitely changed to become more customer focused and my entire car buying experience was smooth and without any hassles. I was kept informed by SA Vikas Gupta of Garve Skoda at each step. There was no over or under commitment - everything was exactly as I was informed. Discounts are in the range of 3.5 to 4L. The dealer offered me a better price for my 2017 Creta SX+ CRDI AT (better than Cars24, car wale, gaadi and some local dealers).

It was a tough decision between Sportsline and L&K - Sportsline definitely is better looking version but anyways chose L&K.

It seems the car has inbuilt sim or some mechanism to communicate with the app on phone. My Skoda connect app gives details of trips, geo fence, time fence, driver performance, etc. This app is different from the regular my skoda app which hardly has any use.

I can confirm that there is no steering heating function. Skoda still gives two umbrellas. Regarding amp, there is something below the driver and the passenger seat - not sure which one is the amp or it is something else.

The car drives beautifully and didn't find the car jerky. Have tried the park assist feature once in Mall parking and it worked perfectly. So far, with 250 kms driven in city, I am getting a figure of 7.9 kmpl.

I feel performance of AC is weak with Eco mode on. Also, haven't been able to figure out how to turn off the AC without using the screen. In traffic, it is better to turn off the Auto start / off feature.

Call answering and rejecting can be done with the right side scroll button but in case you make a call, it has to be operated from the touchscreen. Seems weird.

Some pictures taken before delivery -
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Superb : Official Review-img_4586.jpeg  

Skoda Superb : Official Review-img_4589.jpeg  

Last edited by akshay81 : 8th August 2021 at 15:33. Reason: Pictures added
akshay81 is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 8th August 2021, 21:00   #918
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay81 View Post
I got delivery on my Superb L & K (White and Beige) on August 1,2021.

Hearty Congratulations Akshay! Wishing you lots of great memories and safe travels!

You're right, all the dealerships are taking extra care to ensure the experience is good. Their transformation journey compared to the earlier A.S.S horror stories and to enable customers purchase decision. Really nice to hear that you had a good experience too.

L&K was a wise choice. Nicely done!

Re: the sim, yes, it's a part of their quasi connected model using Jio networks. My SA said it was only available for Rapid and not for any other vehicle!

Heated steering function - yes, they seem to have deleted that from the SKU's coming out after May onwards this year.

Regarding the amplifier, I am confused myself. Right side for sure is the KESSY unit. Left / Passenger side, don't know what that is...there is some box there.

250 kms since 1st of Aug eh? I've just completed 290 kms, and I took delivery the day before yesterday!

AC is in soft mode in the Eco Drive Mode. One suggestion, you could use the individual driving mode and go in there and alter the AC settings there. That would do the trick. I am sure you might have already done that already. lol

Call answering / rejection - yes, on the right side. If you want to make a call, then using either Android Auto or Apple Car Play, you could press the voice command button on the left of the steering - long press and it would enable your phone's voice command, and then you can ask either Siri or Google to dial the numbers. Works seamlessly.

Again, congratulations, you have a very elegant car. Drive Safe and stay safe! Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by t2k4 View Post
L&K's Business Grey exterior color. Looks very appealing under showroom lights.

Sportline's Steel Grey (for reference & comparison)

L&K's Lava Blue

Think of it as peacock feather blue.

L&K's & Sportline's Moon White. This is the only color option which is common to Sportline and L&K.

Sportline's three-spoke steering wheel.

L&K gets the two-spoke option.

Both versions are leather-wrapped.

Joke of a panoramic sunroof. Common to both trims.

DSG lever. Common to both.

There is at least one more button option in L&K (on the side buttons layer, for selecting a Drive mode). Both variants come with normal drive and sports mode as standard, which are toggled by double-flicking the gear lever down when engaged in Drive.
You've really taken the time to click the pictures of all the colors of the Superb. RESPECT! It would help a lot of other potential buyers indeed. Really appreciate your effort here. Thank you kind sir!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rphukan View Post
after reading EVERY thread and EVERY post on the Superb, I booked a Racing Blue Super Sportline couple of weeks back!

Hearty congratulations @rphukan! Wishing you too many miles of smiles and happy motoring!

Last edited by roadwarrior : 8th August 2021 at 21:01. Reason: Correcting my Typo
roadwarrior is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 8th August 2021, 21:08   #919
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
Has anyone figured out if the Superb has an Amplifier?
Quote:
Regarding the amplifier, I am confused myself. Right side for sure is the KESSY unit. Left / Passenger side, don't know what that is...there is some box there.
To my knowledge, it's placed on/within the spare wheel. As in, within the circular well of the spare wheel.

Quote:
You've really taken the time to click the pictures of all the colors of the Superb. RESPECT! It would help a lot of other potential buyers indeed. Really appreciate your effort here. Thank you kind sir!
You are welcome. The forum gives all of us so much, it's only fair that we add our bit when we can.
t2k4 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th August 2021, 21:41   #920
BHPian

Quote:
Hearty Congratulations Akshay! Wishing you lots of great memories and safe travels!

Re: the sim, yes, it's a part of their quasi connected model using Jio networks. My SA said it was only available for Rapid and not for any other vehicle!

250 kms since 1st of Aug eh? I've just completed 290 kms, and I took delivery the day before yesterday!

AC is in soft mode in the Eco Drive Mode. One suggestion, you could use the individual driving mode and go in there and alter the AC settings there. That would do the trick. I am sure you might have already done that already. lol

Call answering / rejection - yes, on the right side. If you want to make a call, then using either Android Auto or Apple Car Play, you could press the voice command button on the left of the steering - long press and it would enable your phone's voice command, and then you can ask either Siri or Google to dial the numbers. Works seamlessly.
@roadwarrior - thank you and congratulations to you too!
  1. 250 kms since didn't get a chance to go on the highways yet.
  2. Eco mode and AC - didn't know that can be done in individual settings! Will do it immediately.
  3. App does say 'Powered by Jio'.
  4. I use Siri for calls - that's not a problem. However, in that case you don't get a control on steering wheel. For e.g. to put on hold / disconnect the call, you have to use touch screen.
akshay81 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2021, 21:53   #921
BHPian

Quote:
To my knowledge, it's placed on/within the spare wheel. As in, within the circular well of the spare wheel.
That I can confirm that it isn't there. It's the space saver wheel and the tools for tyre replacement that's there within a thermocol stay. Amplifier kept there, with bare metal would not be the ideal setup. But thanks though. I'll keep looking and asking people. If I find out, then this forum shall be the first to share it with.

Last edited by roadwarrior : 8th August 2021 at 22:00. Reason: Corrected my typo. Sorry...
Old 9th August 2021, 09:15   #922
BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

A question here.

In the photos, I see Sportline with only LED reflector headlights while for L&K, I see both reflector only LED and banana-style projector LED from the Kodiaq. Am I missing something here?
Old 9th August 2021, 09:33   #923
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vredesbyrd View Post
A question here.

In the photos, I see Sportline with only LED reflector headlights while for L&K, I see both reflector only LED and banana-style projector LED from the Kodiaq. Am I missing something here?
Both Sportline and L&K got LED projectors from 2021. So the cars you see in the pics are 2020 models if they have reflector LED's.

L&K also added 360 degree camera and virtual dials.
Vid6639 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 9th August 2021, 11:11   #924
BHPian

Quote:
L&K's Business Grey exterior color. Looks very appealing under showroom lights.

Sportline's Steel Grey (for reference & comparison)
The Sportline's Steel Grey seems more like a shade of Nardo Grey i think. That's a factory first & awesome paint shade from Skoda.

Last edited by Aditya : 9th August 2021 at 19:17. Reason: Quote tag fixed
Old 9th August 2021, 11:24   #925
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rphukan View Post
As a long time (silent) member of this amazing group of car enthusiasts, I have always been blown away by the level of camaraderie and knowledge displayed by the members.
I read EVERY thread and EVERY post on the Fortuner, before buying my used 4X4 beast back in 2016, and I've never been happier.
Now, 5 years later, after reading EVERY thread and EVERY post on the Superb, I booked a Racing Blue Super Sportline couple of weeks back!
Thank you everyone, you guys rock!!
Cheers!
As you are from Guwahati, you might have booked from Apunar Skoda. How knowledgeable are the employees and how was the overall experience with the dealer?
Old 9th August 2021, 11:49   #926
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phukan23 View Post
As you are from Guwahati, you might have booked from Apunar Skoda. How knowledgeable are the employees and how was the overall experience with the dealer?
Yes, you're right, I booked it from them.
They were very accommodating, friendly and interested in having me as their customer. I took two long test drives with them, and never did they give the impression that it would be a problem.
Since I had read up quite a bit on the Superb and the Sportline variant, I didn't really get a chance to check their knowledge levels, though I feel being a new dealership, training opportunities might remain.
Overall, a positive experience, and I have no complaints so far which I haven't been able to resolve.
rphukan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th August 2021, 15:21   #927
BHPian

Quote:

Hi, could you elaborate on the sim part? I could find a way to connect my car to the MySkodaConnect app.

PS- Thanks in advance
Old 9th August 2021, 18:32   #928
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agrajagarwal View Post
Hi, could you elaborate on the sim part? I could find a way to connect my car to the MySkodaConnect app.

PS- Thanks in advance
You have to just enter your VIN and registered mobile / email id after installing the app. MyŠKODA connect is the app you should install. My Skoda app is just for scheduling service and downloading manual.
Old 9th August 2021, 19:47   #929
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agrajagarwal View Post

PS- Thanks in advance
like in the new gen phones...e-sim is what I am given to understand. Please don't take my word for it. I'm asking the dealership to validate it in detail and let me know once they confirm with their training / product team. Clearly not all the folks at the showrooms know all the features in the vehicles they sell. LoL

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay81 View Post
You have to just enter your VIN and registered mobile / email id after installing the app. MyŠKODA connect is the app you should install. My Skoda app is just for scheduling service and downloading manual.

Interesting...never had to pen in the VIN number. All I had to do was to enter my mobile number, got an OTP and Voila! MySkoda Connect worked. You're right on the My Skoda app though, it's a joke of an app. Long way to go before that becomes stable. Barebone functionality in checking the service cost / scheduling service works fine.

Last edited by roadwarrior : 9th August 2021 at 19:53. Reason: Added another quote and combined it into 1 post as per forum guidelines
Old 10th August 2021, 12:05   #930
BHPian

Quote:
Interesting...never had to pen in the VIN number. All I had to do was to enter my mobile number, got an OTP and Voila! MySkoda Connect worked. You're right on the My Skoda app though, it's a joke of an app. Long way to go before that becomes stable. Barebone functionality in checking the service cost / scheduling service works fine.
Does this work on MY2020 model? When I downloaded the MySkodaConnect app and entered the mobile number, nothing happened. The app is asking me to connect with the dealer.

Last edited by Scorpio80 : 10th August 2021 at 12:06. Reason: Wrong Format

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks