Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2021, 11:13   #841
BHPian

Re: Skoda Superb : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDiSLover View Post
Hey! So far so good, no squeaks or rattles at all.

I did notice some condensation build up inside the headlights though. Given the lockdown, I havent been able to drive the car much. While there have been heavy rains, the car has been parked in the basement without any chance of rain hitting the car. I wonder if the headlight washers or humidity are the culprits
Attachment 2170908

Should I be worried and get this checked out?
Here is a close up of my Superb having the mist droplets collecting at the furthest sharpest corner of the headlamp cluster, right under the halogen indicator kink.

Skoda Superb : Official Review-img_1303.jpg

The misting clears up while driving (partly due to the air circulation and partly due to the heat) and sets back in while stationary over the rainy months. When driving with the light on, it puts heat into the unit, thereby evaporating the mist, which settles back once the unit cools back down, unless we have driven enough miles on roads with low humidity levels to fully take the water vapours out.

The only concern will be when the misting pattern is asymmetric meaning that either your bulbs are bust, or the outlet piping for the venting has given up. This does not include the case where both sides of the headlamp cluster have the same fault.

Yes, with these intricate headlamp designs and the European over engineering, I sometimes feel bad to look at these teary eyed cars.
sbenstewart is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2021, 10:38   #842
BHPian

Car is now ~100 days old and has done 3000 lovely kms; about 25% in the city. Having moved up to the Superb from a Ciaz, the overall experience has been really amazing. The automation, luxury, the pickup, the looks & stares from people; love it. Hold down the unlock button and the sunroof opens up . Will need it when I get boxed in someday. Yet to experience their ASS, so fingers crossed. I would've loved to post a few pics, except I have not had the time to clean the car.

I do hate Skoda for a few things - lack of basic electronics like remote monitoring, thinning the gap between the Superb and the Octavia, lack of software updates for the infotainment system.

Wanted your support on a couple of points.

A. TPM warning has not gone off since 100 days. Tyre(s) haven't seen a puncture yet and visually look just right. I have a long drive coming, hence the Q.
B. Dealer is yet to issue the TCS certificate. Every time I remind them, they ask for more time. Is there a way to escalate within Skoda ?
Old 30th June 2021, 16:44   #843
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
A. TPM warning has not gone off since 100 days. Tyre(s) haven't seen a puncture yet and visually look just right. I have a long drive coming, hence the Q.
As far as I know, the TPM warning comes up only when one or two tires lose pressure abnormally. It uses the wheel speed sensor to trigger the alarm, so I would not expect it to go off if all the tires are down in pressure equally.

Quote:
B. Dealer is yet to issue the TCS certificate. Every time I remind them, they ask for more time. Is there a way to escalate within Skoda ?
I had contacted the helpline in Skoda Contact Page right after scrolling through their page about connected car tech. The helpline routed it back to the dealer, but seems the man in Twitter has implemented some scoring metric for the dealers to maintain proper standards, so expect a bit better service, but not by miles.

Quote:
I do hate Skoda for a few things - lack of basic electronics like remote monitoring, thinning the gap between the Superb and the Octavia, lack of software updates for the infotainment system.
I love the Superb for the exact thing. I literally went to buy an Octavia and got home the Superb. The memory card based system means you can load all the songs 100gigs of it along with the latest maps from https://updateportal.skoda-auto.com/, and forget.
Old 1st July 2021, 15:00   #844
BHPian

Quote:

Wanted your support on a couple of points.

A. TPMS warning comes on only if there's a difference of 4 PSI between the actual and the set pressure. Also, it would be great to have an inflator and a pressure guage handy. You get good deals on amazon for the same. That way you can keep adjusting your tyre pressure according to the total load in your car for a given trip!

B. Contact the skoda helpline, they should help you connect with a regional manager for the brand. You can escalate things with him and it would be solved in a jiffy! My SA couldn't provide me the maintenance package and the extended warranty documents. The RM sent it across in a day!

Hope that helps
Old 1st July 2021, 15:08   #845
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jash2709 View Post
A. TPMS warning comes on only if there's a difference of 4 PSI between the actual and the set pressure. Also, it would be great to have an inflator and a pressure guage handy. You get good deals on amazon for the same. That way you can keep adjusting your tyre pressure according to the total load in your car for a given trip!

B. Contact the skoda helpline, they should help you connect with a regional manager for the brand. You can escalate things with him and it would be solved in a jiffy! My SA couldn't provide me the maintenance package and the extended warranty documents. The RM sent it across in a day!

Hope that helps
Right you are. Just some time ago I had them topped up. All 4 were at 29, borderline. I did escalate and for a change it was resolved the same day by the dealer's GM. Thanks.
Old 3rd July 2021, 21:24   #846
BHPian

What does the forum suggest would be a right quote (range) for closing deal on Superb L&K and for Superb Sportline in the month of July here in Pune?
I am in market for a 30L-38L(max) car and following are the car under considerations in the order of my preference-
  1. Tiguan (5 Seater)- Absolutely no news with anyone on the launch/price of this car. I am running out of patience now.
  2. Superb L&K- Had a TD of 2020 variant past Dec and loved it for what it offers. Only point of this being second preference is I just love Tiguan and always wanted to own one since I saw it on Indian roads. Never owned a Sedan (Past cars- Polo--> XUV AT AWD), so excited to own one.
  3. Superb Sportline- Only reason for this being 3rd preference is I always like to buy top end variant and don't like to miss out on any bells and whistles from top end variant. Also, I have slight preference for brown interiors over the black interiors of Sportline.
  4. Jeep Compass Model S Diesel 4X4- Only diesel in the lineup, offers everything Tiguan possibly might offer but slightly narrower cabin width which is always going to be some challenge for my family of 5 (4 healthy adults + fast growing 10yr old) whenever there's a need. Had TD of petrol AT variant (hated it), yet to TD diesel AT. No offers but fits my budget well. Although, it seems there is at least 3-4 months minimum waiting period.

I am aware the top 3 preferences too aren't really 5 seaters due to the huge hump in between, but they have slightly wider cabins than JC and 90% it's only me in the car, 5% it would be 3members and only the rest 5% it would be all 5members mostly for 200kms 1way drives: Pune-Mumbai/Pune-Kolhapur/Pune-Shirdi which I believe we can manage slightly more comfortably with first 3 preferences, but happy to understand what the owners has to say.

I have been waiting patiently to buy my next car for 6 months now and while there is no immediate need for one (might need one before Dec though), I am becoming slightly impatient to stay any longer without owning a car. If I get the right deal (suggested by forum) for any of the Superb variants, I would like to close a deal by end of this month. Otherwise, I will plan to book JC compass, and in case Tiguan is released before my JC is invoiced I might consider cancelling the booking for JC and jump for Tiguan.

I have seen members getting some serious discounts (4L-6L) on Superb, but didn't seem dealers here in Pune very much keen on offering any discounts/deals. If anyone have recently received quotes/offers from Skoda dealers or can help me with good offers would be appreciated.

Ps: I am under quarantined until 9thJuly as we were Covid+ (we are all doing well), so all TDs, discussions and negotiations can only start post that
cloudno19 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2021, 19:34   #847
BHPian

Took a much needed vacation. Inline with the weekend lockdown, Jungle Lodges were offering buy 1 get 3, basically pay for Friday night, check out Monday - so pounced on it.

Finally got around to taking a few pics of the car. 12.6 kmpl with 3 passengers and a packed boot is very reasonable for a performance car. Cruise control at 118, Eco mode, normal essar fuel. Absolutely no complaints, loved the drive.

FE drops by just a couple of points to ~ 10 kmpl when you take a much more aggressive style and I believe 950/1000 kms can easily be had from a full tank when driven well and that's really impressive
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Superb : Official Review-fe.jpg  

Skoda Superb : Official Review-ss3.jpg  

Skoda Superb : Official Review-ss-two.jpg  

Skoda Superb : Official Review-ss-one.jpg  

vinu_h is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 4th July 2021, 22:55   #848
BHPian

Congrats Vinu!
Glad you were able to take the cruise ship on a long drive.
Did you not get any PPF or anything done on your white Superb?

I'll be getting my car delivered towards the end of this month....no stock, so the dealership had to place an order
roadwarrior is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2021, 10:11   #849
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post

I'll be getting my car delivered towards the end of this month....no stock, so the dealership had to place an order
None at all. Maybe I should. There are a couple of small hits from stones on the front bumper. Which color/variant have you ordered ?

I look forward to a Skoda Superb specific Tbhp meet.
vinu_h is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2021, 10:25   #850
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats Vinu!
Glad you were able to take the cruise ship on a long drive.

Congratulations 🎉

What’s the final price you were offered? It’ll help a few of us on the fence. Thanks in advance.
Old 5th July 2021, 12:00   #851
BHPian

On the fence for the L&K Superb to move on from my XUV. Only concern is the Ground clearance vs an SUV on broken roads (No off-roading needs). Anyone has any experience on ground clearance concerns of the car?
Old 6th July 2021, 14:08   #852
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narula123 View Post
On the fence for the L&K Superb to move on from my XUV. Only concern is the Ground clearance vs an SUV on broken roads (No off-roading needs). Anyone has any experience on ground clearance concerns of the car?
Can comment on Mumbai (one of the locations mentioned in your profile). I have had the car for more than 6 months now. And while the running has been less (~1500 so far), I have never faced an issue with clearance in and around Mumbai.
Scorpio80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2021, 17:05   #853
BHPian

Quote:
None at all. Maybe I should. There are a couple of small hits from stones on the front bumper. Which color/variant have you ordered ?

I look forward to a Skoda Superb specific Tbhp meet.
I am paranoid about scratches on all the cars / bikes we have owned thus far. So planning to get it out of the showroom with the PPF fittex. Tafe / Modesta in Bangalore. The Modesta showroom is owned by the Showroom manager, so working out a deal with him to get a decent discount.

I know how much 3M would charge with discount, around 820 / sqft for the 3M Pro Series and an average of 220 sqft for the Superb is a pretty penny.

While expensive, having it done on my dad's / sister's / wife and my present car, totally worth it with the random motorcyclists and other vehicles on the road who invariably want to land a gentle kiss. The PPF has saved me quite a lot with NOT having to get any parts repainted.

I'm going for the L&K Lava Blue. Evaluated all the colors but finalized on this. Has a ceratin personality and elegance according to me.

Thinking about blackening out all the chrome parts too, but that's just a thought at this moment.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 6th July 2021 at 17:14. Reason: formatting and spacing for improved readability
roadwarrior is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2021, 17:18   #854
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoDrifter View Post
Congratulations 🎉

What’s the final price you were offered? It’ll help a few of us on the fence. Thanks in advance.
Skoda is focusing all their sales / efforts on the Octavia and Kushaq.

No discounts from the OEM at all on the Superb L&K, so the dealer / any dealer is unable to pass that on.
If there are any dealers who have stock, then you might be able to get it for up to 1L off. I saw 1 in stock with PPS Skoda in BLR, wasn't convinced so didn't go with them. Lacklusture service, no call backs, didn't appear that they wanted to make a sale. Got in touch with Tafe, things were like clock-work

I had wanted with baited breath for the Octavia, but kinda was disappointed.
in Bangalore - Octavia L&K - 36.5L on-road.
2L More and we would get the Superb Sportsline - bigger car too with all the features being the same, EXCEPT the ibuzz / TPMS.

After driving both the superb and octavia, and in that price range, didn't want to feel like I was missing out on anything after a few months - 360 cam / ventilated seats / driving modes / tpms / 2 umbrellas (yes, very crucial in a car buying decision making ) / stuff.
Besieds, after driving it for around 25-30 kms, felt the superb being more planted, by a huge margin.
Octavia is really really nice and is very plush for sure, but going at speeds over 100 on the nice road, I didn't like it as much. I liked the Superb.
Managed to get around 70k discount, and a few things here and there. Can't share more for obvious reasons.

All the dealerships are given targets to pitch in more sales for Octavia / Kushaq, so Superb is not in the running for much discounts.
What I'm doing:

- Saving 80K - Taking the insurance through my bank, with all the benefits i'm getting it at around 88k, compared to the 1.7L B2B, etc from Skoda
- Saving 25k - NOT taking the essential package for 25k - getting the floor mats done myself, I don't need the pillows, not the mobile holder, nor the coat hanger. I have another wooden one for the car that I had got from elsewhere.

- Saving 8K - For the loan, going with HDFC and a Bullet payment option. Being a premier customer, processing fee is waived off by 50%

- Spending 50k - on the SMP - Skoda Maintenance Package - totally worth it. In our family, we already have another Octy and 2 Rapid's - For each of them with the SMP, we have seen decent savings. Not mindblowing, but still reasonable. Superb avg service cost - 15-18k / year. for 4 years, taking it at 17k/year = 68k while with the SMP it's 50k - Saving 18k arguably there.

- Spending god knows how much on the PPF for the whole car - PPF for the whole car
roadwarrior is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2021, 21:13   #855
BHPian

Thank you for sharing the details, I am planning to buy one in next couple of months and this information is really helpful.

Quote:

- Saving 25k - NOT taking the essential package for 25k - getting the floor mats done myself, I don't need the pillows, not the mobile holder, nor the coat hanger. I have another wooden one for the car that I had got from elsewhere.
As per Superb brochure, floor mats are included as part of standard equipment ("Textile Floor Mats").
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Superb : Official Review-textile-floor-mats.jpg  

Most Viewed