Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2021, 18:10   #931
BHPian

Re: Skoda Superb : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio80 View Post
Does this work on MY2020 model? When I downloaded the MySkodaConnect app and entered the mobile number, nothing happened. The app is asking me to connect with the dealer.
Could be one of the 2 reasons / scenario's:

1 - The dealership need to have a form filled up by the customer that goes back to their backend team where they enable this with the customer's mobile number being authenticated. Perhaps that's why it might be giving you that error to connect with the dealer.

2 - It might not be there in the 2020 model - which I really doubt to be the case. As far as I recall, this has been available since the last 2+ years. Sometime back, NDTV had a review of the Skoda Kodiaq with Rajiv Makhni explaining all about this -
roadwarrior is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th August 2021, 21:51   #932
BHPian

BHPians

Has anyone used >= RON95 fuel (e.g. XP95) in their beloved Superb and have noticed any perceivable difference in performance, mileage, smoothness etc.?
Old 11th August 2021, 22:25   #933
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfGGN View Post
BHPians

Has anyone used >= RON95 fuel (e.g. XP95) in their beloved Superb and have noticed any perceivable difference in performance, mileage, smoothness etc.?
Yes and No. I did fill my tank with XP95 but haven't noticed and perceivable difference. That being said, have only driven it inside city and haven't flexed the engine enough.
Old 12th August 2021, 14:35   #934
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio80 View Post
Does this work on MY2020 model? When I downloaded the MySkodaConnect app and entered the mobile number, nothing happened. The app is asking me to connect with the dealer.
I checked with the dealership today and they said the following: "MySkoda Connect will be available on Kushaq. For Superb vehicles manufactured from May 2021 and Octavia manufactured from April 2021. The exact features on what's available within that for which vehicle, I couldn't get an extract of that though...
Old 12th August 2021, 15:48   #935
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
I checked with the dealership today and they said the following: "MySkoda Connect will be available on Kushaq. For Superb vehicles manufactured from May 2021 and Octavia manufactured from April 2021. The exact features on what's available within that for which vehicle, I couldn't get an extract of that though...
Thanks for the update. I will stop pursuing this further then.
Old 13th August 2021, 12:43   #936
BHPian

Quote:
"MySkoda Connect will be available on Kushaq. For Superb vehicles manufactured from May 2021 and Octavia manufactured from April 2021.
Contacted Skoda Dealership in Coimbatore. They initially said the Skoda Connect app feature is not available but when I insisted they contacted the Factory and now activated it in my July 21 Skoda Superb L&K. They told me to start the car and let it idle for some time and they did it in 10 min. I uninstalled, downloaded it again and logged in with my phone number and its working great .
Harshavarthan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2021, 12:55   #937
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harshavarthan View Post
Contacted Skoda Dealership in Coimbatore. They initially said the Skoda Connect app feature is not available but when I insisted they contacted the Factory and now activated it in my July 21 Skoda Superb L&K. They told me to start the car and let it idle for some time and they did it in 10 min. I uninstalled, downloaded it again and logged in with my phone number and its working great .
Eager to know what you are able to do with it. Some pics would be good. If it's working then a SIM is probably built in with a package.
Old 13th August 2021, 16:45   #938
BHPian

Quote:
If I remember correctly, this should be available on all MY21 Superbs. This is one feature that I missed out on, when I got my dec 20 superb.
Old 13th August 2021, 18:42   #939
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harshavarthan View Post
Contacted Skoda Dealership in Coimbatore. ..downloaded it again and logged in with my phone number and its working great .
Nice! It's amusing for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
Eager to know what you are able to do with it. Some pics would be good. If it's working then a SIM is probably built in with a package.
Here you go kind sir, some pics that might give some insight.

Tried to keep it in sequence.
Interesting thing is that even if we don't take the phone with us when we drive the car (which I did today), after the trip, it gives the trip information with the location, and start / stop information and other details.

Hope this helps
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Superb : Official Review-img_0791.jpeg  

Skoda Superb : Official Review-img_0796.jpeg  

Skoda Superb : Official Review-img_0795.png  

Skoda Superb : Official Review-img_0792.jpeg  

Skoda Superb : Official Review-img_0798.jpeg  

Skoda Superb : Official Review-img_0799.png  

Skoda Superb : Official Review-img_0793.png  

Skoda Superb : Official Review-img_0794.jpeg  

Skoda Superb : Official Review-img_0797.png  

roadwarrior is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th August 2021, 22:43   #940
BHPian

Journey in the last 8 days

Alright, so here goes. I've tried to use the car for anything and everything. Except to going to the bathroom or to take a shower, I have been trying to use any excuse to drive it around a bit. Heck, I even started to buy only half a litre milk each day so that I could use that as an excuse to drive.
After topping up the tank soon after delivery, it still says 480 kms distance to empty and average FE shows around 12 thus far. Fingers Crossed! 430 kms done as of tonight

Exteriors: Really like the simple, elegant and timeless design theme across the car.
I struggle to kick under the boot to try the virtual pedal feature, but always end up hitting my shin. Need to practice that better I suppose.
Here are some shots at the PPF work done that I am really very pleased with. Each of the corners are tucked in which I do appreciate. I am given to understand it is a part of the SOP for Xpel brand globally. However, when I spoke with my friend at 3M, he said that at his outlet, they do it for all premium cars; who knew?!
While the body is pasted with the PPF, also requested to get it done for the side sills and also the tail lamps too, which I was told is not standard practice. Took the car today to their studio for a quick check / wash and the shots are taken from there today.

Skoda Superb : Official Review-img_0804.jpg

Skoda Superb : Official Review-img_0806.jpg

Skoda Superb : Official Review-img_0807.jpg

Skoda Superb : Official Review-img_0808.jpg

Skoda Superb : Official Review-img_0809.jpg

Skoda Superb : Official Review-img_0811.jpg

Skoda Superb : Official Review-img_0812.jpg

Skoda Superb : Official Review-img_0813.jpg

Skoda Superb : Official Review-img_0814.jpg

Skoda Superb : Official Review-img_0815.jpg

Skoda Superb : Official Review-img_0816.jpg

Skoda Superb : Official Review-img_0818.jpg

Skoda Superb : Official Review-img_0819.jpg

Skoda Superb : Official Review-img_0822.jpg

Skoda Superb : Official Review-img_0823.jpg

Skoda Superb : Official Review-img_0824.jpg

Skoda Superb : Official Review-img_0830.jpg

Skoda Superb : Official Review-img_0831.jpg

Skoda Superb : Official Review-img_0832.jpg

Interiors:Super comfortable, as all of you know. Really really plush. The dash and dials and sensors are a little intimidating to me personally. Taking the time to learning and studying and getting to know it better before things becoming second nature.
Back seats are fantastic! How do I know you ask? Well, on the way back home from the showroom after taking delivery of the car, my better half who just can't sleep in the car amidst traffic and day time was napping away. Now I get why Skoda calls it the Nap Package!
Ventilated seat - NOICE! Feels a little weird that the butt get cold, but it's fun and really great to cool down fast.
Steering - very nice! I like how it is really comfortable to amble around in the city, yet it ever so slightly starts to weigh up as the pace picks up.
Ambient lights, nice touch and a neat party trick. Kinda makes it feel like a small personal lounge.
Can't speak enough about the rear seat leg-room. Plenty enough for me at my driving position (6ft in height) and another 6.2ft person sitting right behind me.
AC - nice!
Collision warning sensors - man o man do they sing in our traffic! Took some time to configure it the way I could identify which side sensor beeps.
The entertainment unit, don't know if this has happened with anyone else, but here is my fight using Car Play.
Upon starting the car, the phone gets connected and I can see the Car Play integration with the Amundsen unit. Everything works well and seamlessly.
While you're on the CarPlay screen, if you pressed the power button on the headunit to turn it off (potential sleep mode) and then turn back the system on, then the carplay is either frozen or it's a blank screen. Tried it at various times and with no avail, I contacted the dealership and they confirmed that they have seen it in some octavia's too. Remedy is to re-flash / update the firmware for the Amundsen Infotainment console. So I'll be doing that on Monday.
In case any of you have experienced this situation, there you go...

Floor mats, couldn't wait until later, so went to 3M to get their noodle mats put. Not too shabby. Koramangala 3M outlet did a nice job with cutting it precisely. Got a few adhesive velcro strips fitted underneath the mats so they stay / stick to the floor with no movements.
I do acknowledge that the tendency to wear out fast on the driver side is definitely there, but went ahead with it.
PPF in the insides too! Where? Well, on the entertainment unit / gear console / all doors and front dash where there is piano black finish. I really hate the swirl marks, so got that done too. Pictures for reference.

Little lights - Apart from the brightness adjusting flow background / ambient lights, I love the tiny light they've kept at the door release pocket, and also in the door panel pocket too. Really adds a touch of warmth there.

Skoda Superb : Official Review-img_0826.jpg

Skoda Superb : Official Review-img_0827.jpg

Skoda Superb : Official Review-img_0828.jpg

Skoda Superb : Official Review-img_0829.jpg

Skoda Superb : Official Review-img_0833.jpg

Skoda Superb : Official Review-img_0834.jpg

Skoda Superb : Official Review-img_0835.jpg

Skoda Superb : Official Review-img_0838.jpg

Skoda Superb : Official Review-img_0846.jpg

Driving Experience:
Well, this is where it gets a little interesting for me. Like our earlier TBHP-ian's have called out there is a slight feedback / vibration that could be felt sometimes at the front footwell and the levers.
That aside, trying hard to keep the rev-range under 2k.
Driving modes - obviously the vehicle defaults to "Drive" / Normal mode after each start. Works pretty much well almost always. Very slight lag before moving ahead, but after that 1/2 second's delay it just glides!
EcoMode - very soft pedal, extremely soft and quiet. The drive I took to a nearby location over state highway, very peaceful.
Sports Mode - So very tempted, but going to curb the enthusiasm until I finish the run-in period of 1500 kms.
Drove my Rapid early this morning, and then got into the Superb. Man! There is a certain degree of opulence and luxury indeed. Feels so very nice. Hard to articulate more, but surely is calming. They say the car we drive puts us in a certain mood and I really do feel calm. No aggression (perhaps paranoid if any scratches happen), relaxed and sedate. Happy to let the world go by in it's pace.
Probably it's my steering hand position, but I noticed that I often swirl the knurled rotary controls on the right side of the steering accidentally and it changes the MID view. Got to be mindful of that - note to self.

What's strangely missing: Things that have been quietly removed from the model
- Steering heating button on the left side of the left steering button cluster
- That removable torch of sorts that was in the boot
- Left side heating ORVM
- Key personalization for each specific / individual key that comes with the vehicle

Anything else?
roadwarrior is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 15th August 2021, 22:06   #941
BHPian

Quote:

What's strangely missing: Things that have been quietly removed from the model
- Steering heating button on the left side of the left steering button cluster
- That removable torch of sorts that was in the boot
- Left side heating ORVM
- Key personalization for each specific / individual key that comes with the vehicle

Anything else?
- For steering heating button - I think it's useless in Pune atleast.
- Removable torch and Left side heating ORVM should have been retained.
- I recently saw a video on YouTube for personalisation based on key and was planning to try it out. Sadly its gone. Would have been a really thoughtful and useful feature.

AC can be turned off using the Menu knob - just turn it to the left till the AC goes off.

There is another feature which I have not been able to figure out if its present - the interior monitor function. While the option appears on screen, the button as shown in manual is not present in the car.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Superb : Official Review-screenshot-20210815-10.01.37-pm.png  

Old 17th August 2021, 15:51   #942
BHPian

I had paid the booking amount on the 19th of July, and today I got a call from the GM Sales that the car had arrived Quite impressed with the turnaround time. Maybe my mail to Zac had something to do with it!
Drove down to have a look, as I had never actually seen the Sportline in person. ( The test drive car was an L&K).
Attaching a few pics of the car, while its waiting for PDI and washing. I shall probably take delivery tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Superb : Official Review-img_5871.jpeg  

Skoda Superb : Official Review-img_5867.jpeg  

Skoda Superb : Official Review-img_5869.jpeg  

Skoda Superb : Official Review-img_5866.jpeg  

Skoda Superb : Official Review-img_5868.jpeg  

rphukan is online now   (13) Thanks
Old 17th August 2021, 17:09   #943
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rphukan View Post
Attaching a few pics of the car, while its waiting for PDI and washing. I shall probably take delivery tomorrow.
Hearty congratulations! Nicely done! You're going to be out of home a lot more than what you would have thought after getting the Blue Rocket!

I've attached the PDI Checklist in case you wanted it handy. This is from the Forum itself.
Attached Files
File Type: xlsx Car-Pre Delivery Inspection v2_3.xlsx (18.1 KB, 209 views)
Old 17th August 2021, 17:41   #944
BHPian

Quote:
Hearty congratulations! Nicely done! You're going to be out of home a lot more than what you would have thought after getting the Blue Rocket!

I've attached the PDI Checklist in case you wanted it handy. This is from the Forum itself.
Thank you! I've used this checklist quite a number of times in the past as well. Really detailed and extremely useful.
Cheers!
Old 18th August 2021, 10:04   #945
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rphukan View Post
I had paid the booking amount on the 19th of July, and today I got a call from the GM Sales that the car had arrived Quite impressed with the turnaround time. Maybe my mail to Zac had something to do with it!
Congratulations!!!!

I paid booking amount for L&K yday and have been promised delivery in Sep first week, let's see how it goes. Will reach out to get Zac's email in case "intervention" is needed

Looking forward to hear about delivery experience as well as ownership report.
AfGGN is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks