Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2021, 12:43   #811
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda Superb : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jash2709 View Post
Hey there!

So it’s been like 2 months since I have been driving the superb. The only thing I keep wanting for more is the sound system. I know it’s this fancy canton sound system, but however I tune it using the equaliser, it doesn’t bring peace!

Any of you guys out there face similar issue? If no, can you share your eq setting? Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you!
What really matters is your media input. What do you use? In my experience, playing Apple Music over bluetooth, with phone's EQ set to Bass Reducer works the best in terms of clarity. Then you can tune your Canton EQ to your preferences of bass and treble. Generally people say bluetooth is better than wired / wireless CarPlay. And also I am assuming here that you're an iPhone user. If not, next thing close to Apple Music in terms of clarity is Spotify premium. But I see a huge difference between the two, the former being much better to my ears.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2021, 14:05   #812
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapis_lazuli View Post
Most states are in lockdown and several cities would have it extended further. I was wondering if any of you have any information if the scheduled service dates have been extended like last year
Please see if this helps.

Quote:
In an effort to support its customers amid lockdown in several states due to Covid-19 crisis, Skoda has extended the period of some of its services till the end of next month

Similarly, Skoda's roadside assistance of its vehicles will also be extended as part of this offer till end of June. Skoda's offer is valid for vehicles, services for which were scheduled to expire between April and May

Last edited by vinu_h : 27th May 2021 at 14:08.
vinu_h is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2021, 14:33   #813
BHPian

Question on Skoda Superb-
Is the coffee brown interior limited as an option to White and Black exterior colors or that can also opted for on other exterior colors- especially Silver?
Brochure and website doesn't offer much clarity other than stating that it being an option for interior upholstery, and SA suggested it's only available in White and Black exterior variants on L&K.
I have seen videos where 2021 Superb L&K variants with White and Black exteriors are available with Beige and Coffee Brown interiors, so I understand that, it is definitely an option to choose interior upholstery, but I am unsure if and why that is limited to White and Black exterior colors only?
I do not want to go with what SA suggested as there is a possibility they may just be limiting info to what is available in stock with them, and would like double check with well informed fellow T-Bhpians.
Please advice.
Old 29th May 2021, 22:37   #814
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudno19 View Post
Question on Skoda Superb-
Is the coffee brown interior limited as an option to White and Black exterior colors or that can also opted for on other exterior colors- especially Silver?
As far as I know and have personally seen, Brown, White and Grey car with brown interiors. I don’t think it is an option on Black, Silver or Lava blue.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2021, 23:13   #815
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
As far as I know and have personally seen, Brown, White and Grey car with brown interiors. I don’t think it is an option on Black, Silver or Lava blue.
Thanks for your note @adi_petrolhead
I believe, I might have confused everyone referring Business Grey as Silver in my earlier post (my apologies). I see the following 5 colors being offered for L&K within brochure-
  • Business Grey (my preference)
  • Moon White
  • Magnetic Brown
  • Magic Black
  • Lava Blue

So, what I understand is, Business Grey can be opted for with brown interiors?
Old 30th May 2021, 14:34   #816
BHPian

Quote:

The interior exterior combinations are fixed in india and cannot be customized.
Old 30th May 2021, 15:50   #817
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
  • Business Grey (my preference)
  • Moon White
  • Magnetic Brown
  • Magic Black
  • Lava Blue

No, Business Grey only gets beige as the interior colour, same with Lava blue and Magnetic Brown.

It's only the Moon White and Magic Black that get the option of either coffe brown or beige as the interior colour.
CEF_Beasts is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2021, 16:22   #818
Senior - BHPian

Question to you @GTO :

Its being made a common fact that the new 2.0 TSI EA888 Gen3B engines running on the Budack cycle have sluggish performance with regular petrol available in India. Also the performance instantly improves when fed with 95+ RON fuel. In your / your brother's experience, how is the Superb performing? Do you use regular 91 RON fuel or you end up using the premium 99-100 RON fuels? Have you tried any performance additives such as Proctane?
adi_petrolhead is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th June 2021, 16:11   #819
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Question to you @GTO
Bud, if you take my brother to the Buddh circuit, he will happily lap it at 80 kmph . That's the kind of a driver he is. On a recent road-trip, his girlfriend (soon to be wife) was egging him on to cruise at 100 kmph!!! He would have been equally happy if his Superb had a 1.2 TSI motor under the hood.

Therefore, no premium petrol or additives needed. I am the only one who takes the car to higher rpm levels and I thoroughly enjoy it. This is a fantastic, fantastic engine.

Have promised my brother a run up and down the Lonavla ghats to show him what his limousine is capable of.
GTO is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 6th June 2021, 18:37   #820
BHPian

Quote:
Question to you @GTO :

Its being made a common fact that the new 2.0 TSI EA888 Gen3B engines running on the Budack cycle have sluggish performance with regular petrol available in India. Also the performance instantly improves when fed with 95+ RON fuel. In your / your brother's experience, how is the Superb performing? Do you use regular 91 RON fuel or you end up using the premium 99-100 RON fuels? Have you tried any performance additives such as Proctane?
I have used RON91 (regular petrol) and RON95 (Speed 95). Didnt notice any difference to be honest. Ofcourse, the RON91 was during the initial run-in period, so not sure if you're referring to high-rev performance, though would have been noticeable I believe.
SanjuInGgn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th June 2021, 10:38   #821
BHPian

Folks - Does the Superb support remote monitoring ? https://www.skoda-auto.co.in/aid/myskoda-connect

Dealer says this feature only comes with the Rapid in India. Doesn't make sense. Why would Skoda not make available a critical feature like this on their most expensive model.
Old 16th June 2021, 21:27   #822
BHPian

Took the car to Kannauj from Lucknow for some work and was greeted to a mileage of 17kmpl.

Skoda Superb : Official Review-e8684c8cfd9348539a286a44ee84c54c.jpeg

The overall trip mileage came to a decent 14kmpl. This includes driving within the city extensively through narrow crowded lanes.

Skoda Superb : Official Review-253342a7da85446cad3edf78b158198d.jpeg

The car has done about 2800km in the past three months that it’s been home. Except for the squeaking door seals, everything else has been amazing.

Washed it up after coming home and it “shines like a diamond”

Skoda Superb : Official Review-261e3dd3c8ff419f8e8741f4c4bf5a8e.jpeg

Skoda Superb : Official Review-f9f583ec03a6438b915efcde3caf7299.jpeg
agrajagarwal is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 17th June 2021, 05:58   #823
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks regal and worth far more than the actual purchase price. I'm glad that you had the opportunity to see the efficiency of the 2.0 under cruise control at ~100 km/hr. The extra 70 Nm torque probably makes it more efficient than the 1.8.

One tip is to monitor the tyre pressures carefully and pump then up for fully loaded highway drives. It makes a world of difference to the drive.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2021, 08:53   #824
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post

One tip is to monitor the tyre pressures carefully and pump then up for fully loaded highway drives. It makes a world of difference to the drive.
It does look quite nice, and the colour gives me a good cardio opportunity (it’s a task to keep it clean to an extent that I will never buy a dark colour again )

Ps- The driver or staff is not allowed to wash the car to avoid swirl marks

The tyre pressure right was set to 32psi for the trip. Is it okay or should I change it to something else?
Old 17th June 2021, 12:35   #825

Finally went for the first service of my 1.8 TSI. Although it was due in March, i decided not to get exposed to a lot of people and increase my chances of catching covid(didn’t matter much, as most people in my family got infected anyways).

Visited Jai Auto, Gurugram. The service advisor Nikhil drove the car to see if anything else needed to be attended to. He didn’t find any issues/noises(the car has only done about 2200 kms). We went inside the office and he gave me an estimate of Rs 9000/- for the basic service which included AC filter, oil filter, 5.2 litres of oil and air filter. I then asked him why does the Skoda India website show an estimate of Rs 5992/- for the same things excluding the air filter. After some discussion with his colleagues, he said i will be charged the amount which shows on the website, and if Skoda hasn’t updated things from their end, its their loss. I was present on the floor while the car got serviced and the technician would call me if i was distracted or looking somewhere else. The technician said there is no need to change the air filter. Also decided to get the wheel alignment, which was Rs 1288/-. Overall bill was 7288, since neither of us had any change, and he didn’t want me to keep waiting for the cashier to show up, the SA decided to give me a discount, and i just paid Rs 7000/-. The whole process took about 4 hours.

I also asked the SA about the DSG horror stories, and he assured me that i can drive the car with Auto-hold on, and need not put the car in neutral on red lights/manual mode in start stop traffic. He told me he had only seen 3 failures in his 5 years working at Skoda, and those were all Pre 2014 Superbs.

Overall it was a pleasant experience.
theudrocks is offline   (9) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks