Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2021, 11:24   #901
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Skoda Superb : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
Superb - Is it safe to downshift manually to get the car to slow down while coming down a slope ? .
In my Octavia, I usually stay in Sport mode going downhill as it helps to stay in the lower gears. It's quite safe to manually downshift too.

Anyway, the DSG is programmed to allow gearshifts only when all parameters are met
itwasntme is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2021, 17:17   #902
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
In my Octavia, I usually stay in Sport mode going downhill as it helps to stay in the lower gears. It's quite safe to manually downshift too.

Anyway, the DSG is programmed to allow gearshifts only when all parameters are met
Have you setup telematics or know of someone in India who's done it ? Eager to know more. I recall reading somewhere that Skoda(perhaps all auto's) has done away with OBD.
Old 2nd August 2021, 18:07   #903
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
Have you setup telematics or know of someone in India who's done it ? Eager to know more. I recall reading somewhere that Skoda(perhaps all auto's) has done away with OBD.
I don't think Skoda have done away with the OBD2 protocol at all. It's a mandated feature to comply with various automotive rules across most countries. Skoda's own VAS ODIS system uses OBD2.

I have extensively used 2 Autocop TrackPro units (basic ones, TP1000 for ~8K) on 4 of my vehicles over 10 years. Works brilliantly and allowed me to track my countless chauffeurs across BLR. Even helped me in sacking one fellow who would routinely sleep with the engine/AC on .

https://www.autocoptrackpro.com/product.htm

Annual costs were around 1.5K for the SIM. But, please do adequate due diligence on their current status before buying one. Many of these businesses are in deep trouble since the COVID mess began.
itwasntme is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2021, 19:51   #904
BHPian

Has anyone figured out if the Superb has an Amplifier?
Couldn't find it for the life of me!
Sub - yes, in the boot, towards the left
Amp - nada!
Old 3rd August 2021, 23:24   #905
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
Has anyone figured out if the Superb has an Amplifier?
Couldn't find it for the life of me!
Sub - yes, in the boot, towards the left
Amp - nada!
Did you check below the front seats?
Old 4th August 2021, 14:13   #906
BHPian

I did...perhaps didn't do a good job at it.
Underneath the driver seat is the KESSY unit.
Under the passenfer front seat, couldn't find it, perhaps I didn't look properly.

But we sure there is one? The Sales Advisor is convinced that it does NOT have an amplifier and I find that amusing that the base system would be able to power a 610W audio system.

Will look again and report back.
Old 6th August 2021, 22:00   #907
BHPian

Alright, so I took delivery of the car today! L&K, LAVA BLUE Color. Love the fact that it kind of changes color depending on how light falls on the vehicle - is it light blue / dark blue / navy blue / light green / dark green / something in between? never know when you walk up to the car. Love it!

Really enjoyed the short drive of 12 kms. Was a bit tricky in my parking, but managed it though. Super silent compared to the TDI Rapid that I was driving thus far.

Tyre pressure was way off during delivery, had to get that checked and refilled. Deflated fully and got Nitrogen filled. Also did the traditional / customary full tank fuel.

Coming from a Diesel Rapid and a 47 Lt fuel tank, was not smiling as much when filling the Superb with around 70Lts of fuel.

Don't know what more to say about the vehicle that has not already been eloquently written by reviewers and owners in this thread and forums.

What all did I do on the car pre-delivery:

Got the PPF done for the car from CarsBuddy, absolutely impressed with the quality of finish they did. Not a single edge visible. All the corners are tucked into the vehicle so it renders a smooth overall finish. Would be difficult to see that it has PPF installed. - Xpel PPF
Sun Films too installed - Xpel again
Had visited the studio a couple of times mid-work, and sincerely appreciated the installers who were taking the time to ensure that there are no misses from their part and treating the vehicle like their own with utmost care.

Conconcted a custom / home made air purifier with essential oils, so that's working well too.

Was advised not to wash / wipe the car for 2 weeks until it fully settles in, so will have to drive it as-is after the rains this evening in Bangalore.

Floor mats - just got some random noodle mat. Waiting for my next drive back home and will get it from Koyas

Pictures as a part of the standard delivery thread for everyone perusal. A couple of pictures were from the PPF Installers studio,

Question: The option to personalize the keys / user / driver is no longer present in the Infotainment system...any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Superb : Official Review-img_4106.jpeg  

Skoda Superb : Official Review-img_4110-1.jpeg  

Skoda Superb : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20210806-20.40.37-2-2.jpeg  

Skoda Superb : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20210806-20.40.37-2.jpeg  

Skoda Superb : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20210806-20.40.39-2.jpeg  

roadwarrior is offline   (81) Thanks
Old 7th August 2021, 00:57   #908
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
Alright, so I took delivery of the car today! L&K, LAVA BLUE Color. Love the fact that it kind of changes color depending on how light falls on the vehicle - is it light blue / dark blue / navy blue / light green / dark green / something in between? never know when you walk up to the car. Love it!
Many congratulations on the acquisition of the mighty Superb my friend. Certainly the best colour for L&K variant imo. Looks amazing. Just wish they had given an option of choosing this colour with black/brown interiors. Please share the discount offered so that it would help many potential buyers if that’s fine. Also an owner review is a must, no matter how many we have already on Superb, it’s never enough to us enthusiasts .

Last edited by GTO : 7th August 2021 at 08:52. Reason: Poor language & grammar
vipinS is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 7th August 2021, 17:30   #909
BHPian

Story starts here

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-...uld-i-buy.html (New or used car for 25 lakhs | Which one should I buy?)

It's increasingly becoming apparent that we will likely not meet the head-heart sweet spot in the original budget aspiration of 20-25L. We are realigning our head to this.

We have also opened up to the idea of a sedan, and not necessarily a crossover/SUV.

Although Toyota dealers (at least up north here) are notorious for not keeping test drive vehicles and are selling the cars on the basis of the brochure photos of Fortuner, we managed to get a TD of a 4x4 AT at a dealer (pure chance, we went for TD of a manual just to experience the interiors of the car, but it ended up being an AT so did the whole nine yards - interior experience + engine workout).

- The car's performance is greatly improved.
- The NVH levels are controlled.
- Acceleration and torque delivery are very good.
- The ride quality is improved but not to a level that would make someone coming from a monocoque cross-over/sedan world want to spend a whole lot of time behind the wheel. The ride's still busy.
- People/other road warriors continue to make way for the beast.

It's funny with Toyota. Most car sales are driven by an excellent pre-sales experience and a doubtful after-sales-and-service experience.

With Toyota, you quickly want to forget their sales experience. Cocky/arrogant sales advisors who think they are doing you a huge favor by speaking with you. They want to know what you do for a living, what you drive, where you live to determine if it's even worth talking to you about Fortuner.

We visited two Toyota dealers and one of them (initially) said buying car insurance and extended warranty from the dealer is an imperative for the booking and it comes as a 'package'.

During a subsequent conversation, when I stood my ground on bringing outside insurance, the sales advisor said if you don't buy insurance + extended warranty + accessories worth 1 lac from us then the wait time is 3 months. If you buy the said items from us, we can slot in your car from a 'display vehicle' delivery which could happen within a month.

Talk of shady dealings.

While all of this was happening, saw a full front-page ad of Skoda Octavia on a national daily.

Skoda hasn't been in our consideration with the Skoda experiences we've had in the family with Laura from 10-15 years ago.

But, it piqued the interest and ruffled through TBHP threads. Over-priced, missing the sunroof and low ground clearance were the takeaways. On the over-priced front, there were also references to Superb-territory pricing.

Needless to say, scanning the TBHP threads on Superb was the organic next step.

While reading 50-odd paginated discussions on the 2020 and face-lifted 2021 Superb, discovered that @GTO got a bargain deal on a Superb earlier this year, on the 2020 inventory.

GTO's vote of confidence is good enough in this world for the rest of us to at least pursue & evaluate that direction. I also read some folks were unahappy that GTO's thread diluted the discount value for subsequent buyers by a couple of lacs :-)

We took a TD of the new 2021 Superb, and wifey & I came back impressed with the hard product. The Pre-Sales experience was also very good. The only thing I would criticize about my Sales Advisor is that he tried to trick me on the fuel efficiency numbers. On the console, it said 11.1 l / 100 Km and he told me - look, it has a FE of 11.1 Kmpl. On correcting him that it's not to be read as Kmpl but as 100km/11.1 l ~ 9 Kmpl, he flushed and obediently changed the reading metric on the console (through a setting) to Kmpl instead of l/100 Km. Car salespeople will not change. Huh!

Skoda Superb is now a serious contender with the revised budget.

They are offering 2.0 lacs discount on Sportline and 2.xx on L&K.

All Skoda dealerships in Union Territory of Chandigarh and State of Punjab are owned by the same dealer, so not much of a comparison or haggling possible. I might try Haryana or Himachal to see what’s possible there.

What do fellow BHPians think of Superb 2021 as a product? And, Sportline vs L&K?

What else would folks recommend in this price bracket?

For Camry - the situation in Chandigarh is such that nearly all Toyota cars are sold on pictures alone - no TD possible. Got lucky with the Fortuner. Sad state of affairs with Toyota dealers.

Without a TD, not sure I’d plonk a huge sum on a Camry regardless of perception or pedigree.
t2k4 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 7th August 2021, 19:35   #910
BHPian

As a long time (silent) member of this amazing group of car enthusiasts, I have always been blown away by the level of camaraderie and knowledge displayed by the members.
I read EVERY thread and EVERY post on the Fortuner, before buying my used 4X4 beast back in 2016, and I've never been happier.
Now, 5 years later, after reading EVERY thread and EVERY post on the Superb, I booked a Racing Blue Super Sportline couple of weeks back!
Thank you everyone, you guys rock!!
Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Superb : Official Review-ipxlastvoky9304.jpg  

rphukan is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 7th August 2021, 20:19   #911
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rphukan View Post
I booked a Racing Blue Super Sportline couple of weeks back!Cheers!
Many Congratulations!! I am nearly there, on the fence and some family pushback on Sedan vs SUV and Skoda A.S.S. issues.

Would you mind sharing the price / discount / deals you got on the Sportline?

Thanks.
t2k4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2021, 10:47   #912
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by t2k4 View Post
Many Congratulations!! I am nearly there, on the fence and some family pushback on Sedan vs SUV and Skoda A.S.S. issues.

Would you mind sharing the price / discount / deals you got on the Sportline?

Thanks.
I didn't push too hard, and even then ended up with a 1.5 lakh discount
In addition, will be doing the insurance on my own, which will result in a cost saving of almost 60K, after including Zero Dep, RSA, etc.
There are a lot of changes happening in Skoda, mainly due to the efforts of Zab Hollis, and I feel there is hope yet for the brand (fingers crossed).
rphukan is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th August 2021, 10:59   #913
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rphukan View Post
As a long time (silent) member ..... Superb, I booked a Racing Blue Super Sportline couple of weeks back!
Thank you everyone, you guys rock!!
Cheers!
Welcome to the club buddy! That race blue sportline looks absolutely amazing in the night. I love seeing my car when it's wet, looks, well, superb!

Please do share pictures, especially the interiors. I'm curious to see if there are any changes from the MY20 model.
DDiSLover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2021, 14:12   #914
BHPian

Skoda Superb 2021 Sportline vs L&K and color options

Sportline and L&K trims side-by-side in Moon White color

Moon white is the ONLY exterior color that is available in both Sportline and L&K trims. All other colors are unique to respective trims.

On the left is Sportline and on the right is the L&K trim.

Sportline gets blacked-out treatment on the badge, grill, naming; L&K gets excessive Chrome treatment.

Sportline features black OVRMs regardless of exterior color.

L&K features body-colored OVRMs.

Sportline gets the boot lid spoiler; L&K doesn't.

Skoda Superb : Official Review-skodasuperb2021sportlinevslkcoloroptions1sidebyside1.jpg

Skoda Superb : Official Review-skodasuperb2021sportlinevslkcoloroptions1sidebyside2.jpg

Skoda Superb : Official Review-skodasuperb2021sportlinevslkcoloroptions1sidebyside3.jpg

Blacked out alloys on Sportline.

Skoda Superb : Official Review-skodasuperb2021sportlinevslkcoloroptions00003.jpg

All Sportline colors get black interiors. The fabric is soft Black Alcantra on all Sportline trims (regardless of exterior color). It's neither leather nor perforated.

Sportline has three exterior color options:

Moon White
Steel Grey
Race Blue

Skoda Superb : Official Review-skodasuperb2021sportlinevslkcoloroptions00004.jpg

Skoda Superb : Official Review-skodasuperb2021sportlinevslkcoloroptions00005.jpg

Sportline trim badge. The inserts are carbon fiber inspired. Again, the interiors are blacked out for Sportline trim (regardless of exterior colors).

Skoda Superb : Official Review-skodasuperb2021sportlinevslkcoloroptions00006.jpg

Skoda Superb : Official Review-skodasuperb2021sportlinevslkcoloroptions00007.jpg

Sportline trim seats don't have adjustable headrest. They are bucket type.

Skoda Superb : Official Review-skodasuperb2021sportlinevslkcoloroptions00013.jpg

Skoda Superb : Official Review-skodasuperb2021sportlinevslkcoloroptions00018.jpg

More exterior shots of Sportline trim in Moon White color.

Skoda Superb : Official Review-skodasuperb2021sportlinevslkcoloroptions00008.jpg

Skoda Superb : Official Review-skodasuperb2021sportlinevslkcoloroptions00009.jpg

Skoda Superb : Official Review-skodasuperb2021sportlinevslkcoloroptions00010.jpg

Skoda Superb : Official Review-skodasuperb2021sportlinevslkcoloroptions00012.jpg

Skoda Superb : Official Review-skodasuperb2021sportlinevslkcoloroptions00016.jpg

Coffee Brown interiors -- available in L&K only. Within L&K, only as an option on Moon White and Magic Black exteriors.

L&K has fiver color options:

Moon White
Business Grey
Magic Black
Magnetic Brown
Lava Blue

All these colors come with Stone Beige perforated leather seats as standard. These seats are ventilated (both hot & cold temperature options).

For Moon White and Magic Black exterior colors, there's an additional choice to opt for Coffee Brown interiors.

Skoda Superb : Official Review-skodasuperb2021sportlinevslkcoloroptions100interiorscoffeebrown1.jpg

Skoda Superb : Official Review-skodasuperb2021sportlinevslkcoloroptions100interiorscoffeebrown2.jpg

Skoda Superb : Official Review-skodasuperb2021sportlinevslkcoloroptions100interiorscoffeebrown3.jpg

Skoda Superb : Official Review-skodasuperb2021sportlinevslkcoloroptions100interiorscoffeebrown4.jpg

Skoda Superb : Official Review-skodasuperb2021sportlinevslkcoloroptions100interiorscoffeebrown5.jpg

Skoda Superb : Official Review-skodasuperb2021sportlinevslkcoloroptions100interiorscoffeebrown6.jpg

Magic Black color

Skoda Superb : Official Review-skodasuperb2021sportlinevslkcoloroptionsblack1.jpg

Skoda Superb : Official Review-skodasuperb2021sportlinevslkcoloroptionsblack2.jpg

Skoda Superb : Official Review-skodasuperb2021sportlinevslkcoloroptionsblack3.jpg

Skoda Superb : Official Review-skodasuperb2021sportlinevslkcoloroptionsblack4.jpg

Magnetic Brown Color

Skoda Superb : Official Review-skodasuperb2021sportlinevslkcoloroptionsbrown.jpg

Additionally, on the seat options

Sportline gets both front seats with 12 types of movement adjustment and three memory settings for both the front seats.

L&K gets both front seats with 12 types of movement adjustment with only the driver's seat with the memory setting. The front passenger seat does not get the memory seat; instead, it gets the boss mode setting wherein the passenger sitting behind the front passenger can move the front passenger's seat.

Last edited by t2k4 : 8th August 2021 at 14:28.
t2k4 is offline   (31) Thanks
Old 8th August 2021, 14:20   #915
BHPian

L&K's Business Grey exterior color. Looks very appealing under showroom lights.

Skoda Superb : Official Review-skodasuperb2021sportlinevslkcoloroptionslkbusinessgrey1.jpg

Skoda Superb : Official Review-skodasuperb2021sportlinevslkcoloroptionsbusinessgrey2.jpg

Skoda Superb : Official Review-skodasuperb2021sportlinevslkcoloroptionsbusinessgrey3.jpg

Skoda Superb : Official Review-skodasuperb2021sportlinevslkcoloroptionsbusinessgrey4.jpg

Sportline's Steel Grey (for reference & comparison)

Skoda Superb : Official Review-skodasuperb2021sportlinevslkcoloroptionssportlinesteelgrey1.jpg

Skoda Superb : Official Review-skodasuperb2021sportlinevslkcoloroptionssportlinesteelgrey2.jpg

Skoda Superb : Official Review-skodasuperb2021sportlinevslkcoloroptionssportlinesteelgrey3.jpg

Skoda Superb : Official Review-skodasuperb2021sportlinevslkcoloroptionssportlinesteelgrey4.jpg

Skoda Superb : Official Review-skodasuperb2021sportlinevslkcoloroptionssportlinesteelgrey5.jpg

Skoda Superb : Official Review-skodasuperb2021sportlinevslkcoloroptionssportlinesteelgrey6.jpg

L&K's Lava Blue

Think of it as peacock feather blue.

Skoda Superb : Official Review-skodasuperb2021sportlinevslkcoloroptionslavablue1.jpg

Skoda Superb : Official Review-skodasuperb2021sportlinevslkcoloroptionslavablue2.jpg

Skoda Superb : Official Review-skodasuperb2021sportlinevslkcoloroptionslavablue3.jpg

Skoda Superb : Official Review-skodasuperb2021sportlinevslkcoloroptionslavablue4.jpg

Skoda Superb : Official Review-skodasuperb2021sportlinevslkcoloroptionslavablue5.jpg

Skoda Superb : Official Review-skodasuperb2021sportlinevslkcoloroptionslavablue6.jpg

L&K's & Sportline's Moon White. This is the only color option which is common to Sportline and L&K.

Skoda Superb : Official Review-skodasuperb2021sportlinevslkcoloroptionsmoonwhite1.jpg

Skoda Superb : Official Review-skodasuperb2021sportlinevslkcoloroptionsmoonwhite2.jpg

Skoda Superb : Official Review-skodasuperb2021sportlinevslkcoloroptionsmoonwhite3.jpg

Skoda Superb : Official Review-skodasuperb2021sportlinevslkcoloroptionsmoonwhite4.jpg

Skoda Superb : Official Review-skodasuperb2021sportlinevslkcoloroptionsmoonwhite5.jpg

Skoda Superb : Official Review-skodasuperb2021sportlinevslkcoloroptionsmoonwhite6.jpg

Sportline's three-spoke steering wheel.

L&K gets the two-spoke option.

Both versions are leather-wrapped.

Skoda Superb : Official Review-skodasuperb2021sportlinevslkcoloroptionssportlinesteeringthreespoke.jpg

Joke of a panoramic sunroof. Common to both trims.

Skoda Superb : Official Review-skodasuperb2021sportlinevslkcoloroptionssunroof.jpg

DSG lever. Common to both.

There is at least one more button option in L&K (on the side buttons layer, for selecting a Drive mode). Both variants come with normal drive and sports mode as standard, which are toggled by double-flicking the gear lever down when engaged in Drive.

Skoda Superb : Official Review-skodasuperb2021sportlinevslkcoloroptionszdsglever.jpg

Last edited by t2k4 : 8th August 2021 at 14:25.
t2k4 is offline   (42) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks