Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2021, 01:24   #871
BHPian

Re: Skoda Superb : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
This has happened a few times and the only way I have been able to fix is by disconnecting and reconnecting AA. Ways to recreate - You turn the engine on, AA connects to your phone via BT & Wi-Fi, you pick a song to play in YT music and then this message comes up. I'm in E1 / D1, Skoda navigation isn't running and I'm not on a phone call either.

This is really annoying - How to fix ?
Did you get to fix this Vinu?
Also, I noticed you're in Bangalore as well...like you said, we should do a meet-up
Old 18th July 2021, 11:47   #872
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
Did you get to fix this Vinu?
Also, I noticed you're in Bangalore as well...like you said, we should do a meet-up
Received delivery ? You were planning a PPF & more at 3M. Would not mind joining you for that. I already have a couple of minor stone hits at the front.
Old 18th July 2021, 17:35   #873
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
Received delivery ? You were planning a PPF & more at 3M. Would not mind joining you for that. I already have a couple of minor stone hits at the front.
Delivery on the 24th...Evaluating between AutoProtect and 3M for the PPF work. If you'd like to join, by all means!

I've sent you a DM with my coordinates. Let's catch-up

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
Anyone noticed that the Heated Steering button on the L&K Superb - left side button cluster....it's missing now for the last few months.
I went to the dealership to seeing the fresh stock that had come in yesterday, the heated steering button is missing!!!! Cheeky Skoda
Not that it mattered in a place like Bangalore for me, but still...why tease first and then take it away!

The Media System - not the easiest to setup for the first time...struggled a bit, but then got it all working.
Was surprised that there was no Amp, only the sub directly running off the Head Unit. Decent audio output though.
The Sub is in the left box in the boot. Wondering how it might sound with a nice DSP and a proper dual amp setup.

So i learned that the Amplifier would be under the front seat. Between both the seats, there is the amplifier and the KESSY system. Don't know what is underneath the driver seat, it does feel like thermocol and very easy to unlodge it with the feet when people sitting behind extending their legs all teh way....

Last edited by Vid6639 : 18th July 2021 at 18:00. Reason: Merging back to back posts. please use edit option when replying.
Old 19th July 2021, 10:07   #874
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead777 View Post
What are the level of discounts currently on superb L&K variant?
I enquired in udaipur and they were happy to give 2 lakh discount just on a call . I felt it could be easily stretched to 3 lakhs .
They also offered 1 lakh discount on octavia style variant and no discounts on octavia l&k.
vipinS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2021, 12:50   #875
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipinS View Post
I enquired in udaipur and they were happy to give 2 lakh discount just on a call . I felt it could be easily stretched to 3 lakhs .
They also offered 1 lakh discount on octavia style variant and no discounts on octavia l&k.
Ditto in NCR! 1L from company, 1L from dealer and another 35k as Corporate discount.

I think with negotiations across the table, this can easily be increased or extras such as extended warranty or maintenance package can be added making the deal sweeter.

I am planning for Superb L&K in next couple of months with a hope that discount will only increase
Old 19th July 2021, 13:24   #876
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfGGN View Post
Ditto in NCR! 1L from company, 1L from dealer and another 35k as Corporate discount.
What does that mean? 1L from dealer and 1L from company ? Aren’t they same ?
How do you know the company discount as I got 2 lakh discount offer from dealer itself ?
Sorry for my stupid question
Old 19th July 2021, 14:26   #877
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipinS View Post
What does that mean? 1L from dealer and 1L from company ? Aren’t they same ?
How do you know the company discount as I got 2 lakh discount offer from dealer itself ?
Sorry for my stupid question
I believe it is one and the same thing.
Old 19th July 2021, 17:58   #878
BHPian

Quote:

I think with negotiations across the table, this can easily be increased or extras such as extended warranty or maintenance package can be added making the deal sweeter.

I am planning for Superb L&K in next couple of months with a hope that discount will only increase
Try to get quotes from Karnal dealership also, they usually provide great discounts and their overall experience is great.
petrolhead777 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2021, 21:57   #879
BHPian

Folks, dumb question.

I can use the button next to the gear lever to open the boot from inside the car. However, I could never get the boot to close using this button from inside the car. I have always had to step out, and hit the button on the boot.

I haven't tried, but I'm guessing the button on the keyfob might work.

Is this the same for all of you as well?

I have an enthusiastic puppy who loves going on rides. Sadly, the minute I come to a halt, he jumps up onto the center console, pressing the boot release button almost each time. /facepalm.
Old 19th July 2021, 22:42   #880
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDiSLover View Post
Folks, dumb question.

Is this the same for all of you as well?
Yeah, its the same for me. Even the key fob doesn't work. I tried configuring it through VCDS, that also didn't work out.

Let me know if you figure something out.
Old 19th July 2021, 23:58   #881
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDiSLover View Post
I can use the button next to the gear lever to open the boot from inside the car. However, I could never get the boot to close using this button from inside the car. I have always had to step out, and hit the button on the boot.

I haven't tried, but I'm guessing the button on the keyfob might work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodak View Post
Yeah, its the same for me. Even the key fob doesn't work. I tried configuring it through VCDS, that also didn't work out.

Let me know if you figure something out.
Found something on YouTube.

Done via VCDS.
Skoda Superb : Official Review-ae2201a1a68443e288720db91cffe09b.jpeg

CEF_Beasts is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2021, 00:04   #882
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Found something on YouTube.
This is helpful, thanks for sharing. Do you have any stores that have the VCDS piece going in Mumbai?

Similarly, anyone knows who does the OBDEleven / VCDS in Bangalore as well?
Old 21st July 2021, 10:54   #883
BHPian

Why is it that some dealers can offer 2x discounts than the others for the same car and model.

Also, none of them have existing stock and will need to order the car so the question of stock clearance doesn’t arise
Old 21st July 2021, 12:46   #884
BHPian

Quote:
Why is it that some dealers can offer 2x discounts than the others for the same car and model.

Also, none of them have existing stock and will need to order the car so the question of stock clearance doesn’t arise
Completely agree. Have written to Skoda as well to understand the severe disparity.
Old 21st July 2021, 13:04   #885
BHPian

Quote:

That is due to the difference in regions and the market.

In places where there are multiple dealerships of the same Brand, the competition and pressure among the dealers to close a sale are also high. Therefore, they offer more discounts in order to lure in a customer. The question of stock clearance too comes and then we see even higher discounts from the dealers in such regions.
(This phenomenon is frequently observed in the luxury car market where the dealers try to compete and beat each other by offering more discounts. Delhi-NCR and Mumbai are two markets where this happens the most sheerly due to the presence of multiple dealers of the same brand in the same region.)

Places/regions where we only have one or maybe two dealers of the same brand, it creates a situation of Perfect Competition between the dealers and naturally the buyers see lower discounts in those dealerships than places like (for e.g.) Delhi-NCR.

Then the time of purchase too matters. CY End months (Nov-Dec), the festive season, FY End month (March), etc. are the times when the discounts are high and hence, the best time to buy any car.
I believe April-August are the months when the discounts and offers are generally on the lower side.

Ofc there are and can be exceptions to what I mentioned above, but this is precisely how the market and the dealerships in various regions operate.
sampadroy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks