Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2021, 14:01   #976
BHPian

Re: Skoda Superb : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by parekhakshar View Post
Thank You So Much.

Yes, even race blue looks awesome.
FE of 18 is possible only on highways with cruise control set to 74-75kmph and ECO drive mode. But you need so much patience which is not possible everytime
Mostly I get around 8 in city.
Thanks man! I'll do a test drive on the highway, cruising at 75kmph and see how much I can extract.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VivekCherian View Post
Well, not really all that difficult to get good mileage figures. I've managed to get above the ARAI figures many times even with my 2019 Octavia 1.8 TSi DSG
Tips please! No matter what I try, I always end up getting low figures. Even in my previous vehicles (Swift DDiS and i20 elite CRDi), I had extremely low FE.
I am a bit spirited, and love allowing the engine to breathe, but even with super careful driving, I get low FE. I must be doing something fundamentally wrong.
Old 24th August 2021, 23:51   #977
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDiSLover View Post
Thanks man! I'll do a test drive on the highway, cruising at 75kmph and see how much I can extract.

Tips please! No matter what I try, I always end up getting low figures. Even in my previous vehicles (Swift DDiS and i20 elite CRDi), I had extremely low FE.
I am a bit spirited, and love allowing the engine to breathe, but even with super careful driving, I get low FE. I must be doing something fundamentally wrong.
There is only one thing to do for achieving higher fuel economy.......be in the highest gear possible. Idea is to keep revs as low as possible.
firstguri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2021, 20:55   #978
BHPian

Hello,

Wanted to check if anyone has access to VIN decoder for Skoda, which provides little more details than just month and year of manufacture.

Thank you.
Old 26th August 2021, 21:04   #979
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfGGN View Post
Hello,

Wanted to check if anyone has access to VIN decoder for Skoda, which provides little more details than just month and year of manufacture.

Thank you.
Superb is a CKD unit, so the engine build would be earlier than the build that happens in India.
However, the RC / Slip on the car would show when the engine was assembled.
Could you share insights on what more / specifically you are looking for? Perhaps then the other experts could pitch-in

Last edited by roadwarrior : 26th August 2021 at 21:06. Reason: typo
roadwarrior is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th August 2021, 21:56   #980
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
Superb is a CKD unit, so the engine build would be earlier than the build that happens in India.
However, the RC / Slip on the car would show when the engine was assembled.
Could you share insights on what more / specifically you are looking for? Perhaps then the other experts could pitch-in
Thank you! Looking for exact date of manufacture along with equipment list on my car (since Skoda keeps on changing on the fly)
Old 26th August 2021, 22:45   #981
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you! Looking for exact date of manufacture along with equipment list on my car (since Skoda keeps on changing on the fly)
In all honesty, I do not know if we can get the exact date of manufacturing. equipment list while in principle remains the same, it is the smaller items that gets included or redacted like the removable torch, left side ORVM heater, steering wheel heating function, etc. Manor equipment / functionality would remain the same from what I understand. Sorry I am unable to help further on this.

Hoping other experts in this thread could comment / help out basis their knowledge
roadwarrior is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2021, 10:11   #982
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parekhakshar View Post
After seeing new Lava Blue colour in showroom no scope of discussion was left for choice of colour. It is the MOST AMAZING factory original paint I've seen in any car till date. We bought the car in april month

Attachment 2197367

This peacock blue colour changes shade depending upon light, pictures don't do justice to this beautiful shade. To see the beautiful play of different shades of green and blue you need to see the colour in person. But after using white car for 9 years I can feel the pain of maintaining this dark shade
Congrats on picking a gorgeous looking car! One question about the colour: Is it too bright when under the sun? I have seen them looking almost like the sporty racing blue in some pics. I personally prefer the darker understated colours, so was curious if it looks too bright in certain light conditions.
RoadTrippin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2021, 15:19   #983
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadTrippin View Post
Congrats on picking a gorgeous looking car! One question about the colour: Is it too bright when under the sun? I have seen them looking almost like the sporty racing blue in some pics. I personally prefer the darker understated colours, so was curious if it looks too bright in certain light conditions.
Thank You So Much. Nope it's not too bright. The combination is very premium of green, blue and black. It's a dark shade.
Old 29th August 2021, 15:19   #984

Hi everyone. Need some info on superb. Do any of you experience a mild side to side body movement when driving over bad roads ? I feel that the movement is slightly more than in other cars and it is observed even at low speeds. It is very much within tolerable limits. But I would like to know if anyone else is experiencing the same.
Old 29th August 2021, 21:59   #985
BHPian

Hello, expecting delivery of L&K in next few days (yayy!!)

Wanted to check if any precaution is needed during run-in period? Sales person says modern car such as Superb doesn’t need any.

Appreciate any help.
Old 29th August 2021, 22:13   #986
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Wanted to check if any precaution is needed during run-in period? Sales person says modern car such as Superb doesn’t need any.
Congratulations!

Run in is recommended. Not just for the engine, but even for the brakes, tyres, etc. to bed in.
The owners manual will have details on the same, including engine RPM to be maintained, and to keep varying engine rpm.

Also this being a turbo petrol, it is recommended to idle the car for a minute before driving off & switching off
lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2021, 00:44   #987
BHPian

Quote:
Hello, expecting delivery of L&K in next few days (yayy!!)

Appreciate any help.
Run in is important.

Congratulations. Did you get any discounts ? Im negotiating an L&K right now too. What colour did you get ?
Old 30th August 2021, 14:16   #988
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Congratulations!

Run in is recommended. Not just for the engine, but even for the brakes, tyres, etc. to bed in.
The owners manual will have details on the same, including engine RPM to be maintained, and to keep varying engine rpm.

Also this being a turbo petrol, it is recommended to idle the car for a minute before driving off & switching off
Thank you, really appreciate quick response.

Manual is illusive when it comes to running-in guidelines

Skoda Superb : Official Review-running-.jpg

Skoda Superb : Official Review-superb-dials-virtual.jpg

"During the first 1000 km, rev the engine to max. 3/4 of the highest permissible engine speed", does this mean we can safely rev up to 4k

Quote:
Originally Posted by M00M View Post
Congratulations. Did you get any discounts ? Im negotiating an L&K right now too. What colour did you get ?
Yes, discounts was close to ~3L, color is Business Grey

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 30th August 2021 at 14:43. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi-quote button (QUOTE+) while quoting and replying to multiple posts at once. Thanks
AfGGN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2021, 16:51   #989
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 2199955

"During the first 1000 km, rev the engine to max. 3/4 of the highest permissible engine speed", does this mean we can safely rev up to 4k
As per the image (which seems to be of the diesel variant), redline is around 4750. Therefor 3500 RPM seems to be decent.
In case of petrol, since redline would be higher, you can revv higher.

Still, it is advisable to gradually increase the RPMs over a few hundred kms to reach the 3/4th mark.
Old 30th August 2021, 18:31   #990
BHPian

Folks in Bangalore,
There are a couple of fellow T-Bhpians who are visiting to make some tweaks to their Superb / Rapid:
- Speed beep removal
- DRL On/Off on on the Entertainment Unit
- Tail light ON when trunk lid is open
- Door lock/unlock chirp
- Throttle response increase
- Comfort turn signal - increase from 3 to 5 flashes
- Scandanivian DRL's - Tail light also turned on whilst main DRL's are on
- DRL's off when handbrake engaged

In case anyone is interested, do join in.
I'll need to know in advance so I could buy the necessary credits for the module I'm using.

Cost for making the mods / changes / tweaks: Coffee! and good banter

Last edited by roadwarrior : 30th August 2021 at 18:53. Reason: adding a few more words
roadwarrior is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks