Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2021, 21:27   #886
BHPian

Re: Skoda Superb : Official Review

So I did some digging on the varied discounts across the country.
- Apparently Mumbai has the highest number of Superb's being sold in a month with around 50+
- Bangalore all-up sells around 25 in a month
- Where there are multiple dealerships, and depending on the market, some dealerships buy more than their target.
- When they sell more than their target - 110% / 120% etc, then Skoda Auto gives an incentive / bonus to the dealership
- Some dealerships use this as a part of the discount that they pass back to the customers based on the stock they hold, or depending on what they have in their pipeline
- Places like Bangalore, with 1 main dealer - Tafe Access, PPS Skoda that has taken over from Vinayaka Skoda, and a new one Raja Motors (Outer Ring Road), the discounts are standard.

July offer on ex-showroom is 1L across the country.

Hope this helps

Last edited by ajmat : 21st July 2021 at 22:41. Reason: Multiple typos
roadwarrior is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st July 2021, 23:15   #887
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
So I did some digging on the varied discounts across the country.

Hope this helps
I have a feeling Skoda will regulate the discounts on the Superb now, lest it go close to the new Octy and have an impact on the Octy.

Remember the Octy is now expensive and even in the sole top end version doesn't get sunroof and few extra features. Even though Superb is older gen, it still holds its own.

They probably will offer this 1L discount and go up a little based on stocks but won't let it go too close to the Octy.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2021, 02:32   #888
BHPian

I'd believe so too.
The info that I got was through speaking with someone who works at Skoda-Auto in Mumbai, an old professional acquaintance.

They're apparently looking at standardizing the variants globally, with China being a seperate market. Hence the same variants of Octavia that has come to Inda that's the same as in the Europe, albeit some minor config options that are provided there (One could chose some options in their configuration page), which is the same for Superb as well.
They don't plan to bring the Superb Wagon to India as well as of now.
New-Gen Superb due in 2023, and there is a likihood that it would hit our shores too sometime in the same year, i.e, 2023, albeit towards the end of the year.

All things said, Octavia is still a great car. If Superb weren't in the running, then it's a good car to look at in it's own right. The more we compare it to the Superb and the short reach to buying a Sportsline Superb, people have been prefering going for the Sportsline - Sunroof / Bigger car (Primary differences)

My vote still on the Superb. Current gen in my mind is more timeless than the new Octy design which I feel is a little more Korean design theme.
Old 22nd July 2021, 09:09   #889
BHPian

Zac Hollis is really involved and is doing a LOT for Skoda in India. No contest, many would bet on a Skoda basis just that. We have all heard of his personal involvement with customers, including a recent one. My big worry is when he moves out/up.
Old 25th July 2021, 01:17   #890
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
This is a problem with Android Auto. Can you try it out using an iPhone + CarPlay as well if a friend or a colleague in your circle has one? I had faced this issue with the RCD 340 on my Polo and it was highly irritating.

Android Auto has some quirks like these and is not the most polished interface when compared to CarPlay.
Basis this exchange, I have realized that between AA and Apple Carplay, Carplay is clearly miles ahead in terms of UX as well as the Audio Quality.

However, what I also wanted to know is - when playing audio via Bluetooth - if any of you are facing this Audio Quality dropping every time a new song plays? When playing Amazon Music via Bluetooth (on Android Phone), I am facing this weird problem where audio quality drops every time a new song starts. If I press the rewind button to restart song, then audio quality and audio volume both gets back to the earlier "good state".

Any thoughts or ways to fix this?

Also FYI that I do not have sound level normalization setup in Amazon Music - and hence, each song should play at its own volume level, instead of the software normalizing it to a uniform volume/
Old 25th July 2021, 03:47   #891
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post

Hope this helps
I got a 2 lakh on-road discount on superb sportsline in Rajasthan just over the phone with no negotiations on any colour I want .
I really think discount of 3 lakh isn’t impossible .
vipinS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2021, 12:15   #892
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipinS View Post
I got a 2 lakh on-road discount on superb sportsline in Rajasthan just over the phone with no negotiations on any colour I want .
I really think discount of 3 lakh isn’t impossible .
Sportsline there are discounts for sure, even in BLR. L&K, not so much...
Old 25th July 2021, 13:02   #893
BHPian

I checked last week and 3 lakh+ discount on L&K is possible across all dealerships in Pune. I guess sportsline might have lower discount since it 'needs to be more expensive' than the Octavia.
Old 25th July 2021, 13:34   #894
BHPian

Folks, the brake discs (all 4) on my 7-month old Superb are showing some rust. Read few articles on web that this is normal and will go away with driving. Wanted to check if this is a normal thing?

Note: My car is parked in open (with cover) in Mumbai with limited driving due the continuous lock downs. The rust marks have appeared over the last couple of week (probably due to non-stop rains in Mumbai).
Old 25th July 2021, 20:15   #895
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio80 View Post
Folks, the brake discs (all 4) on my 7-month old Superb are showing some rust. Read few articles on web that this is normal and will go away with driving. Wanted to check if this is a normal thing?
That is perfectly fine and will go away once the car is used.
vignesh.cv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2021, 21:35   #896
BHPian

Dear All

I have covered 20000kms plus on the Superb! Joyful ownership experience and the second service at Brite Skoda was also a pleasant experience.

However I do have a recent observation (maybe I did not pay attention earlier) : when I have driven the car for half an hour or so, and it is HOT outside, I hear a sound when I rotate the steering. It is faint, you cant hear it with the fans ON or the ICE playing. If it is dead silent for example in my basement parking, and I am reversing at slow speed on concrete flooring, I can hear the sound as I turn the steering. The sound is not there in the morning when it is cold. It is not a whine or a squeal or anything: maybe a motor running (which it is, perhaps). No loss of steering function or whatever. Have anyone of you noticed it? Sound is there when it is hot and not when cold. Tyre pressures are fine and equal.
Old 25th July 2021, 22:19   #897
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapis_lazuli View Post
If it is dead silent for example in my basement parking, and I am reversing at slow speed on concrete flooring, I can hear the sound as I turn the steering. The sound is not there in the morning when it is cold. It is not a whine or a squeal or anything: maybe a motor running (which it is, perhaps). No loss of steering function or whatever. Have anyone of you noticed it? Sound is there when it is hot and not when cold. Tyre pressures are fine and equal.

Any chance the headlights are in auto mode and it could be that which is working in the basement when it gets dark? Just thinking....
roadwarrior is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2021, 06:18   #898
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapis_lazuli View Post
...when I have driven the car for half an hour or so, and it is HOT outside, I hear a sound when I rotate the steering.
Could be just the EPS motor running. Maybe you cannot hear it (when cold) because the coarser engine note just about drowns it out?

I've noticed the same in my Octavia TSI.
itwasntme is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th July 2021, 17:59   #899
BHPian

Superb - Is it safe to downshift manually to get the car to slow down while coming down a slope ? Tried it today, engine revved but the speed did not come down. I'm thinking this approach is wrong, let me know. Thanks.
Old 29th July 2021, 21:27   #900
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
Superb - Is it safe to downshift manually to get the car to slow down while coming down a slope ? Tried it today, engine revved but the speed did not come down. I'm thinking this approach is wrong, let me know. Thanks.
Having driven extensively in mountains (Garhwal hills in Uttarakhand), I can vouch that engine breaking is the best way to control speed when coming downhill. Have done the same in manual transmissions as well as automatics (in Ford Endeavour).

Engine revv is natural but keeping gear in 2 or 3 (depending upon how much speed you want to control) worked perfectly for me.
AfGGN is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks