Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2021, 19:11   #991
BHPian

Re: Skoda Superb : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
Folks in Bangalore,
There are a couple of fellow T-Bhpians who are visiting to make some tweaks to their Superb / Rapid:
In case anyone is interested, do join in.
I'll need to know in advance so I could buy the necessary credits for the module I'm using.

Cost for making the mods / changes / tweaks: Coffee! and good banter
Would love to do but will have to drive to bangalore
Any idea if it is possible to close trunk through button near gear lever? Planning to do few mods in surat.

Last edited by Sheel : 31st August 2021 at 08:45. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers. Thanks!
Old 30th August 2021, 19:13   #992
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parekhakshar View Post
Would love to do but will have to drive to bangalore
Any idea if it is possible to close trunk through button near gear lever? Planning to do few jobs in surat.
Unfortunately not Parekh, i'm looking up that option for sure. If I stumble across a solution, shall surely share it in the forum.
The current version - MY2021 is called as Superb 3V3, and it doesn't seem to be possible when checking with a few tuner / mod friends of mine.

PS: Any excuse for a long drive is always a good drive, just saying...
roadwarrior is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2021, 09:18   #993
BHPian

Quote:
Any idea if it is possible to close trunk through button near gear lever? Planning to do few mods in surat.
In Passat, single click on the trunk opener opens the trunk, while a long hold closes the trunk. Not sure if that would work in a Superb, but worth a check.
pnredkar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2021, 12:55   #994
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnredkar View Post
In Passat, single click on the trunk opener opens the trunk, while a long hold closes the trunk. Not sure if that would work in a Superb, but worth a check.
Doesn't work that way in superb. You need to hold for 2 seconds to open the boot but to close boot we have to use either key or press button on boot lid.
Old 31st August 2021, 13:00   #995
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnredkar View Post
Quote:
Doesn't work that way in superb. You need to hold for 2 seconds to open the boot but to close boot we have to use either key or press button on boot lid.
The ask is to be able to close when vehicle is in unlocked mode. From what I've seen, we can only close, via FOB, when car is in locked mode.
vinu_h is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2021, 14:53   #996
BHPian

Quote:
Folks in Bangalore,
There are a couple of fellow T-Bhpians who are visiting to make some tweaks to their Superb / Rapid:
- Speed beep removal
- DRL On/Off on on the Entertainment Unit
.....[/b]
Would be glad to spend some time with fellow BHPians and ofcourse some tweaks to the Superb. Can you please share the details like when and where?

Meanwhile I will try to list out some good tweaks.
Old 1st September 2021, 19:57   #997
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillsnrains View Post
Would be glad to spend some time with fellow BHPians and ofcourse some tweaks to the Superb. Can you please share the details like when and where?

Meanwhile I will try to list out some good tweaks.
Previous post was asked to be deleted by the Mods so that it helps other members as well for the venue.

Someone had visited today.
Shoubhick from the forum might be visiting sometime this week afternoon
Someone else on Saturday.

Hard for me to do this ad-hoc given I have to cater to my day job and doing it only to help out anyone else and because of passion

Pre-qualifier: Each person to do it on their own accord and this is voluntary.
I have done the tweaks for my car.

Location - Whitefield, Bangalore.
Venue - Exact venue to be decided based on how many folks are coming.

I'm not fully mobile, and can't drive out far due to the fracture in my leg.
So if anyone is interested and if my work schedule also works, can do it for as many as needed at one shot.

Cheers

Last edited by roadwarrior : 1st September 2021 at 20:01. Reason: typo
Old 2nd September 2021, 20:17   #998
BHPian

Need recommendations as I get ready to take delivery of my L&K.

1) How are stock tyres and should I plan to upgrade them to Michelin or something similar?
2) What other accessories are absolute must?
3) Any other things that I should keep in mind?

Looking forward for expert advice.
Old 2nd September 2021, 20:52   #999
BHPian

Quote:
Thank You So Much.

FE of 18 is possible only on highways with cruise control set to 74-75kmph and ECO drive mode. But you need so much patience which is not possible everytime
Mostly I get around 8 in city.
Happy to report that I got this:

Skoda Superb : Official Review-1d721ce5ac0943a1a0e6c86c831d7266.jpeg

This was today on my way back from delhi.

Got an overall FE of around 16.2 (with cruise set to 110kmph) and 58kms of fairly spirited driving (okay, excessively spirited driving )

Missed taking a picture
agrajagarwal is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2021, 18:01   #1000
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfGGN View Post

1) How are stock tyres and should I plan to upgrade them to Michelin or something similar?

All the very best and congratulations in advance!!!!

1) Stock tyres aren't bad, but if you'd like for it to be more quiet with lesser road noise OR higher performance depending on your driving style, Michellin or Pirelli would be good albeit it setting you back approx 12-13k / tyre. Just a suggestion, would encourage you to drive it as-is for a few months before you make the decision to changing the tyres.
2) If you're keen to go for the Skoda acessory pack, then OK. If not, see if you can avoid taking / buying that as a part of the car purchase for 25K.
Even if you purchase each of them seperately, it might cost you a under 15K vs the 25K
3) With the saving of accessory pack and not changing the tyres immediately, noticing you're based in GGN, see if you would like to get the doors and boot dampened. While the Superb's already have good NVH, it would feel even more quieter inside the cabin whether driving or being driven yet heraing the horns of other vehicles at the right level and not being too loud inside.
In addition, what you should keep in mind is to of course share as many pictures as possible in the thread and get more compliments on your new gorgeous car.

Depending on how your car parking situation is, do see if you'd want to invest in a GOOD car cover as well.

Good luck and wishing you many joyous miles!
Old 3rd September 2021, 22:56   #1001
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfGGN View Post

1) Upgrading the stock tyres is recommended unless you're a sedate driver in which case these should be fine.
Best time is right out of the showroom as you'll get maximum buy back for the existing tyres.
Better tyres would see lower tyre noise, and better grip and ride quality.

2) The car is very well loaded. The only thing you'd want are probably a good quality car cover, mud flaps (can do during service), and floor and trunk mats.
For the cover and mats : can probably find better options outside than what's offered by the dealer.
lamborghini is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2021, 11:33   #1002

Quote:
All the very best and congratulations in advance!!!!

1) Stock tyres aren't bad, but if you'd like for it to be more quiet with lesser road noise OR higher performance depending on your driving style, Michellin or Pirelli would be good albeit it setting you back approx 12-13k / tyre. Just a suggestion, would encourage you to drive it as-is for a few months before you make the decision to changing the tyres.
A brand new set of Michelins make a world of difference. Couple of queries - getting the tyres replaced from a Michelin dealer (and not SKODA service centre) - is there any risk to the TPMS? Also, will it void my vehicle warranty even if the new tyres are of same size?
Old 4th September 2021, 15:28   #1003
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumanPal View Post
A brand new set of Michelins make a world of difference. Couple of queries - getting the tyres replaced from a Michelin dealer (and not SKODA service centre) - is there any risk to the TPMS? Also, will it void my vehicle warranty even if the new tyres are of same size?
Same size would not void warranty based on my last 2 Skoda vehicles.
TPMS, unlike after market ones, are not based on the air filling pipe, besides, TPMS only says if the pressure has changed or not and doesn't show the PSI values
Old 4th September 2021, 15:44   #1004
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by agrajagarwal View Post
Happy to report that I got this:

Attachment 2201691

This was today on my way back from delhi.

Got an overall FE of around 16.2 (with cruise set to 110kmph) and 58kms of fairly spirited driving (okay, excessively spirited driving )

Missed taking a picture
Fantastic FE i must say for a 2L TSI. This powertrain seems well suited to expressway Runs.

BTW, your virtual cockpit seems quite sporty with the Carbon effect. What's up with that?
Old 4th September 2021, 15:49   #1005
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Fantastic FE i must say for a 2L TSI. This powertrain seems well suited to expressway Runs.

BTW, your virtual cockpit seems quite sporty with the Carbon effect. What's up with that?
Yes, got the VRS skin activated while I was in delhi (also got that speed alarm disabled). This instagram page @DrCodeMyVW helped me out (I got to know about it off team-bhp itself).
agrajagarwal is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks