Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2021, 08:29   #1096
BHPian

Re: Skoda Superb : Official Review

Since past few days, noticed that SkodaConnect app is not sharing live data, in fact nothing from the trip. It’s as if car is not transmitting any information.

Anyone facing / noticed similar issue?
Old 24th October 2021, 12:55   #1097
BHPian

Skoda Superb : Underbody hits

Was curious why this car never gets underbody hits. The front bumper has ALWAYS missed the potholes and appears squeaky clean. So did a small check myself, you can tell from the pics that the side skirts and a few other spots hang a little lower than the bumper and have been kissing the road.

Advice - Portion of the side skirt is exposed. Should I get it painted ? What next ?
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Superb : Official Review-p_20211024_122932.jpg  

Skoda Superb : Official Review-p_20211024_122938.jpg  

Skoda Superb : Official Review-p_20211024_123043.jpg  

vinu_h is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2021, 12:51   #1098
BHPian

Got another Skoda in the Garage
After spending 45+ Days trying out multiple cars and filtering out the options, We got back to a Skoda Superb which ticked most of the boxes. A VFM option when compared to the big Three and most importantly, Got a great deal on the car.
We Booked the car around 1st Week of September, A Moon White 2.0 TSI with Coffee Brown Interior. Car Took exactly 3 weeks to Reach Hyderabad and then began the countdown for delivery which was scheduled for Dussehra, which was 2 long weeks away .

Skoda Superb : Official Review-img_3833.jpg

Swapped out the Apollo Aspire for Michelin Primacy 4 on the day of the delivery.
Skoda Superb : Official Review-img_4259.jpg

Skoda Superb : Official Review-img_4292_jpg.jpg
My Car went straight from Factory-Stockyard to a detailing studio for complete PPF. Big thanks to OCD About Cars Hyderabad for always being of great help.
Here are a few images of the car in the company of a British Rocket ship and a High Vis Audi at OCD when the car was dropped off for a maintenance check.
Skoda Superb : Official Review-img_4389_jpg.jpg
Skoda Superb : Official Review-img_4396.jpg

Thoroughly impressed with the Gen 3B 2.0 TSI. I've Clocked a little over 750 kms in 2 weeks, with a mix of highway/airport runs and city usage while the car returned an average FE of 11-12kmpl.
(Mods: Please Excuse me for this picture, with one hand on the wheel. Even though there was no other vehicle on the ORR for the next 200-300 metres, its no excuse)
Skoda Superb : Official Review-img_4431.jpg
Skoda Superb : Official Review-img_4544.jpg
Hoping to write a thorough ownership review on TBHP Soon.

Last edited by nishithrao95 : 31st October 2021 at 12:52.
nishithrao95 is offline   (54) Thanks
Old 31st October 2021, 13:08   #1099
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishithrao95 View Post

Hoping to write a thorough ownership review on TBHP Soon.
Congratultions Nishith! Wishing you a tonn of miles and safe drive / journeys!
The Tank should not let you down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfGGN View Post
Since past few days, noticed that SkodaConnect app is not sharing live data, in fact nothing from the trip. It’s as if car is not transmitting any information.

Anyone facing / noticed similar issue?
Jio has been having problems. More so when it fails to restore connectivity to the MSP after being parked in the basement for a few days without any mobile / network connectivity.
While I had experienced the same problem, It started being back online since yesterday for me. Unfortunately, each time one calls the service centre, the simplest trick that they seem to do is to unplug / reconnect it, and at the backend re-enable it. Have done it 4 times, now have given up

Last edited by vb-saan : 1st November 2021 at 14:23. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged. Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another.
Old 1st November 2021, 13:17   #1100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
Advice - Portion of the side skirt is exposed. Should I get it painted ? What next ?
The side skirt in itself looks like a polycarbonate plastic cladding, and it should not rust, but the internal structure exposed in your pictures seems like steel. A coat of paint for the panel should do.

Replacing the whole side cladding would make me feel safer as I feel like the gap should not become a hotspot for rust providing the gaps let in water to seep.

But sorry I cannot provide detailed feedback on this, as I could not find any such dents on my Superb's underside, yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manku View Post
I am with HDFC Ergo and I got the same answer you did - HDFC Ergo is no longer on the cashless list for Skoda and I had to pay out of pocket yesterday when I got the car back.
Thank you so much for the info.

Being the tech savvy millennial that I am, all I did was use google and the insurance provider's websites to get the best deal possible. I did look up the HDFC cashless garage list, where they have clearly listed out they supported transactions with the Skoda service in Tirunelveli - Aura motors.

But as rightly pointed out by the management in Skoda Tirunelveli too, HDFC does not have a tie-up with them. This means that the webpage has wrong/outdated information, and this is one more example to never trust the digital profiles of any company, as they mostly may be outdated.

I have the webpage archived for your reference https://web.archive.org/web/20211022...network/627007

Anyways, not worth the hassle, money, time and peace I have switched over to the insurance cover provided by UIIC for the upcoming year.

To add useful information to the thread, the following are the insurance providers that Skoda has a cashless option with, at the moment.
  1. Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Co. Ltd
  2. Reliance General Insurance Co
  3. United India Insurance Co. Ltd.

Please check with your service center for the latest information regarding everything.

Looking forward to the annual service with Skoda Tirunelveli, mid November.

Last edited by vb-saan : 1st November 2021 at 14:24. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged. Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another.
sbenstewart is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2021, 00:55   #1101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
Jio has been having problems. More so when it fails to restore connectivity to the MSP after being parked in the basement for a few days without any mobile / network connectivity.
While I had experienced the same problem, It started being back online since yesterday for me. Unfortunately, each time one calls the service centre, the simplest trick that they seem to do is to unplug / reconnect it, and at the backend re-enable it. Have done it 4 times, now have given up
Can you post the exact location of the Jio dongle in the car? JIO does seem to be running into technical issues. Service was not able to activate Skoda connect for the last 1 week.

Jio connected tech seems very unreliable, unlike their other services which have fared a little better.
Old 2nd November 2021, 00:59   #1102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CircleOfLife View Post
Can you post the exact location of the Jio dongle in the car? .
You can reach it from underneath the steering column, or opening the right side panel of the dash console that is on the extreme right, the section that gets covered with the door closing.

Would not recommend you open the right panel, the lock clips are delivate, so opening / closing might damage it.
Best is, reach down from underneath the steering column, right most...it's not in a easily visible location, so you might have to get in there
roadwarrior is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2021, 01:00   #1103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishithrao95 View Post
Swapped out the Apollo Aspire for Michelin Primacy 4 on the day of the delivery.
Hearty congratulations and wishing you many happy miles on those superb wheels . Atlast got to see this sans the initial camouflage. Elegant in white.

Tyres change looks like at Ashoka wheels banjara? How much was the damage to pocket? With PPF done seems you have covered all corners in the mad traffic. Is it a full body PPF?
Old 12th November 2021, 15:28   #1104
BHPian

Hi, I am looking to buy a Superb L&K in Delhi. Any idea about the discounts on offer. Spoke to a couple of dealers and maximum discount offered is around 1.50 lakhs.
Old 13th November 2021, 16:44   #1105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manujkansal View Post
Hi, I am looking to buy a Superb L&K in Delhi. Any idea about the discounts on offer. Spoke to a couple of dealers and maximum discount offered is around 1.50 lakhs.
Due to lack of chipsets the availability right now is sketchy. So therefore any dealer will not offer you big discounts. The best you can try for by sitting with the cheque book is 2.5. If you can wait, then wait for a few months once the chips are available the discounts will increase as they will have the cars to sell in their stockyard.
M00M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2021, 23:14   #1106
BHPian

Recently completed 2000km road trip from Surat to White Rann of Kutch, first long road trip with new Superb.
Here are some notes from long road trip:

-Amazing suspension setup. It is very very soft setup and car just glides over bad surfaces. Very comfortable for all passengers.

-120kmph buzzer is very disturbing, 120 is very low limit for engine like 2.0 TSi. I had changed my initial plans to disable speed limit buzzer but as the buzzer sound is very loud it was so disturbing I had to disable it at a garage midway in Ahmedabad.

-Cooled armrest storage box is very practical.

-Fantastic canton sound system.

-Felt lined door pockets are very useful in minimizing noise in interior.

-Power nap package appreciated by family. Although it can't beat the comfort of neck pillow but still a very useful and unique feature.

-Headlights are super powerful. This is the low beam performance.
Skoda Superb : Official Review-20211109_184944.jpg

-Inbuilt map is very useless. Many times it doesn't show roads and navigation is also not very efficient. Nothing beats google maps. The virtual cockpit should have option of synchronizing with mobile's map.
Skoda Superb : Official Review-20211109_173753.jpg

-Beautiful ambient lighting with around 10 colours. Individual led strip illumination can be controlled with in built settings.
Skoda Superb : Official Review-20211108_215112.jpg

-Car gives smart suggestions like closing sunroof at high speed because of aerodynamic drag, switching off rear fog light, reminds to enable auto start/stop system etc.

-Especially during night time car gives suggestion to take a coffee break.

-THE BEST FEATURE is Manoeuvre Assist brake function. I had to reverse car because of traffic jam and car automatically applied brake when a stupid biker suddenly came too close to car from side. The braking was very hard that I became completely blank for few seconds but intelligent system saved the car from scratching.

-Skoda has improved ground clearance to such a level that even after full load(5 passengers + full boot load), the car didn't touch even a SINGLE bump. Old superb always got scratched with full load. 100/100 marks to Skoda India.

Not because I own a Superb but after using the car I must say that Superb is and always be a complete value for money package. From luxurious feel, powerful engine to practical bits, it has got much more than what a luxurious car owner would expect. We skipped E class and 5 series for Superb and I proudly say that family's decision to buy Superb was very practical.

Skoda Superb : Official Review-20211108_123226.jpg
Skoda Superb : Official Review-20211108_140548.jpg
Skoda Superb : Official Review-20211109_173606.jpg
Skoda Superb : Official Review-20211109_105503.jpg
Skoda Superb : Official Review-20211109_113346.jpg
Skoda Superb : Official Review-cqap1795.jpg

Notice the small details given by Skoda, vehicle status menu shows exactly which light is on.

Last edited by parekhakshar : 14th November 2021 at 23:32.
parekhakshar is offline   (32) Thanks
Old 17th November 2021, 13:03   #1107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parekhakshar View Post
Recently completed 2000km road trip from Surat to White Rann of Kutch, first long road trip with new Superb.

-Skoda has improved ground clearance to such a level that even after full load(5 passengers + full boot load), the car didn't touch even a SINGLE bump. Old superb always got scratched with full load. 100/100 marks to Skoda India.
She looks lovely. What a beautiful color. Am thinking if I should go back to a sedan - no matter the road conditions.

How much is the ground clearance increased to for this model?
Old 17th November 2021, 13:27   #1108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Sammy View Post
She looks lovely. What a beautiful color. Am thinking if I should go back to a sedan - no matter the road conditions.

How much is the ground clearance increased to for this model?
SUVs can never match driving fun of sedans. GC is around 160mm, not sure about exact figures but in practical world, it will hardly scratch bumpers.
Old 18th November 2021, 09:42   #1109
Senior - BHPian

Yet to see real life pictures of the Superb with new cognac interiors. Anyone here has seen it yet? Any pictures from dealers? My dealer says he’ll receive a few cars next month.
Old 18th November 2021, 11:09   #1110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parekhakshar View Post
Skoda Superb is truly VFM car.

Could you please share places you visited in Kutch & White Rann.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks