Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2022, 12:00   #1156
BHPian

Re: Skoda Superb : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
best time of the year to get the best deal possible or any advice you all could give me so I can obtain my dream car.
With the current semi-conductor issues and the fact that the companies have become much smarter while planning their inventory, there is no specific month or time for a deal.

Considering that you have a car and not in an urgent or immediate need, you can shortlist the models that you are interested in and keep an eye out over next few months. Deals can come anytime at a company level or dealer level. If you have already shortlisted the models, you will be more focused and your decision making will be faster.

This is based on personal experience (ended up buying a Superb at a good price by pure luck, while waiting for the Octavia launch).

Last edited by Scorpio80 : 24th January 2022 at 12:01. Reason: rammar
Scorpio80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2022, 17:53   #1157
BHPian

Got this today, Superb in the new cognac interiors. It comes with a 3 tone combination - beige roofliner, black dash and side panels and cognac seats. I wish it had the black roof liners. Perhaps it looks nicer in person, needs to be seen how people react to this combination.
Skoda Superb : Official Review-superbcognac.jpg

Last edited by SR-71 : 24th January 2022 at 18:00.
SR-71 is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 24th January 2022, 19:16   #1158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
Got this today, Superb in the new cognac interiors. It comes with a 3 tone combination - beige roofliner, black dash and side panels and cognac seats. I wish it had the black roof liners. Perhaps it looks nicer in person, needs to be seen how people react to this combination.
Attachment 2264489
It looks odd and ugly in the picture. As you said, I hope it looks better when seen in person. At some point, I was so eagerly waiting for the Superb with cognac interior
novice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2022, 19:22   #1159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio80 View Post
With the current semi-conductor issues and the fact that the companies have become much smarter while planning their inventory, there is no specific month or time for a deal.
I was afraid I'd get this as a response, I thought given the fairly niche/low volume segment the Superb is in I figured there would still be excess stocks and room for deals/negotiation.

Quote:
Considering that you have a car and not in an urgent or immediate need, you can shortlist the models that you are interested in and keep an eye out over next few months. Deals can come anytime at a company level or dealer level. If you have already shortlisted the models, you will be more focused and your decision making will be faster.

This is based on personal experience (ended up buying a Superb at a good price by pure luck, while waiting for the Octavia launch).
How may I put myself in the loop of learning about dealer or company level deals? just keep checking here on t-bhp or any other channels?...
Also, If you could please share with me the kind of price you ended up closing your Superb at.

Thank you Scorpio80
Old 24th January 2022, 20:32   #1160
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Attachment 2264489
I found the cognac interiors lovely, the huge space in superb with this cognac interiors looks like its a 5 series.
KI07 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2022, 09:30   #1161
BHPian

Quote:
How may I put myself in the loop of learning about dealer or company level deals? just keep checking here on t-bhp or any other channels?...
Also, If you could please share with me the kind of price you ended up closing your Superb at.

Thank you Scorpio80
As soon as you take a test drive, the dealer will automatically start reaching out to you. Considering that you are from Mumbai, you can reach out to multiple dealers of your chosen car (whether you go for Superb or Compass or any other car that you pick).

You will need to be mentally and financially prepared on your budget, car, trim, etc. so that you can make the decision quickly when the deal does come through. In my case, I coincidentally test drove the car on second to last day of the month and got a deal because my order would have allowed the dealer to meet some monthly quota/block deal that Skoda had at that time. However, it did require me to make a decision in less than 12 hours.
Scorpio80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2022, 09:42   #1162

Hi everyone. I think superb should have been offered with DCC considering that it is more of a drivers' car compared to the kodiaq 2022 where they are offering it. Please let me know if anyone had any discussions with skoda on fitting the DCC to superb. Details like price, warranty issues, etc ..
Old 25th January 2022, 10:40   #1163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As soon as you take a test drive, the dealer will automatically start reaching out to you. Considering that you are from Mumbai, you can reach out to multiple dealers of your chosen car (whether you go for Superb or Compass or any other car that you pick).

You will need to be mentally and financially prepared on your budget, car, trim, etc. so that you can make the decision quickly when the deal does come through. In my case, I coincidentally test drove the car on second to last day of the month and got a deal because my order would have allowed the dealer to meet some monthly quota/block deal that Skoda had at that time. However, it did require me to make a decision in less than 12 hours.
Thank you for your feedback.

A quesiton, you mentioned earlier you went in for the Octavia originally. What made you go in for the bigger superb over the Octavia? did you feel it was significantly better and worth it?
I ask as the new Octavia is now out and it seemingly is very close to the Superb now, atleast I got this impression going by online video reviews etc.
Old 25th January 2022, 12:58   #1164
BHPian

Quote:

A quesiton, you mentioned earlier you went in for the Octavia originally. What made you go in for the bigger superb over the Octavia? did you feel it was significantly better and worth it?
I ask as the new Octavia is now out and it seemingly is very close to the Superb now, atleast I got this impression going by online video reviews etc.
I am in a similar boat right now and I am unable to make a final call on this.

Octavia
  • Based on the newer MQB Evo platform
  • Carries the same powertrain and gearbox that many of its expensive siblings carry.
  • Better handler and best power to weight ratio
  • Cheapest of the Skoda premium lot
  • Worrisome unladen ground clearance at 135mm

Superb
  • Sheer class, space and looker
  • Compared to the A6s and 5 Series of the world
  • Based on the older MQB platform
  • Current generation is closed to be replaced in a year.
  • Bangalore OTR is expensive by 8L compared to its smaller L&K cousin
  • Worrisome laden ground clearance 90mm

Common Traits
Reliability issues, both mechanically and dealership wise. Is it worth spending big money on the VAG cars if I cant rely on them to serve me well for 8 years. I just read this recent post about someone Rapid gearbox going for a toss at 70K kilometers. We pay 1.5x what the rest of the world pays and we don't even get 10 year warranty like some countries do (thanks to our lazy policy makers)

My Confusion
Heart is still set on the Superb, but mind says get the Octavia, you are just driving with 2 people on board 95% of your time. For the price of a Superb, I can get the 4x2 AT Fortuner in Bangalore. But its pretty low on my priority list as I have been a sedan person all along. However the one thing I get with the Fortuner is 10 years piece of mind and the capability to go most places without breaking a sweat. The most common advice I have got from quiet a few experienced fellow BHPians is, if its just the 2 of you on-board for most times, buy the Octavia, save money or simply look at the 330i sport if you can stretch the budget.

Last edited by SR-71 : 25th January 2022 at 13:05.
SR-71 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th January 2022, 14:56   #1165
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:

My Confusion
Heart is still set on the Superb, but mind says get the Octavia, you are just driving with 2 people on board 95% of your time. For the price of a Superb, I can get the 4x2 AT Fortuner in Bangalore. But its pretty low on my priority list as I have been a sedan person all along. However the one thing I get with the Fortuner is 10 years piece of mind and the capability to go most places without breaking a sweat. The most common advice I have got from quiet a few experienced fellow BHPians is, if its just the 2 of you on-board for most times, buy the Octavia, save money or simply look at the 330i sport if you can stretch the budget.
You have answered yourself in the 'My Confusion' Paragraph!
Old 25th January 2022, 21:51   #1166
BHPian

Quote:

Didn't have an Octavia to compare with when I bought the Superb. I was waiting for new generation Octavia, but wanted to be prepared to make a decision when it launched. Wanted a sedan, so decided to go for test drives of alternatives (Civic, Elantra). Harrier was an option if sedans didn't work out. At that time, I thought that Octavia L&K and Superb Sportline will be close to each other in price if there are deals for Sportline.

Hence test drove Superb and Elantra on a Sunday. Honda guys didn't care about test drive (didn't even ask for contact details when they didn't have car available). Of course, after sitting in Superb, Elantra was out. L&K was out of budget, so decided to wait.

By sheer luck, dealer had a block deal that was contingent on selling one more Superb in that month. Since they only had L&K, they gave me a tempting offer on Monday morning with condition of that price was good for that day only (last day of the month).

Decided that the deal was good enough and made the plunge.
Scorpio80 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th January 2022, 02:58   #1167
BHPian

Quote:

Octavia
  • Carries the same powertrain and gearbox that many of its expensive siblings carry.

Superb

Common Traits
Reliability issues, both mechanically and dealership wise. Is it worth spending big money on the VAG cars if I cant rely on them to serve me well for 8 years.

My Confusion
The most common advice I have got from quiet a few experienced fellow BHPians is, if its just the 2 of you on-board for most times, buy the Octavia, save money or simply look at the 330i sport if you can stretch the budget.
What I can tell you is that Superb's Ground clearance is just perfect. Infact my Previous Gen Octavia TDI (A7) scrapes at bad spots and the Superb just comfortably absorbs any bad patch of road and clears the biggest of speed breakers without breaking a sweat.
Having driven both the new Octavia(1200 odd kms) and Superb for (3k odd kms), Superb seems to be better built but is slightly softer and you cant really expect it to be a corner carver. Previous Gen Octavia and the RS are better at that.

And to answer your point of dealership woes, Skoda India has actually been doing great work to improve the experience. It's much better than waht it was during 2010-15's.
Hope you find yourself the right car. Cheers!
nishithrao95 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 29th January 2022, 17:06   #1168

Quote:

Octavia
Superb
Common Traits
Reliability issues, both mechanically and dealership wise. Is it worth spending big money on the VAG cars if I cant rely on them to serve me well for 8 years. I just read this recent post about someone Rapid gearbox going for a toss at 70K kilometers. We pay 1.5x what the rest of the world pays and we don't even get 10 year warranty like some countries do (thanks to our lazy policy makers)

My Confusion
I have been in the same confusion and after multiple test drives of both octavia and superb and getting quotes from multiple dealerships. I got a decent discount on Octavia considering the current shortages and its around 9lks lower than the best quote i got for Superb l&k in Bangalore , so went ahead with booking for the Octavia. The premium didn't feel justified being it will primarily self driven and most of the time only 2 of us on board , also with the new superb coming in 2023. Expecting the delivery of the Octavia this coming week.
faderifts is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2022, 21:38   #1169

Hi Guys, need some advice for a cousin who is looking for a used Superb in and around Delhi. He is currently evaluating a 2016 1.8 TSI AT L&K model run about 45K. Though he likes the car but is wary of the infamous DSG failures of Skoda. Can some of the existing owners share if the problematic DSG was resolved in the 2016 models or the same issue was reported by 2016 model owners as well? Also, what should be a reasonable quote for such a car?
Thanks in advance.
Old 8th February 2022, 07:33   #1170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faderifts View Post
I have been in the same confusion and after multiple test drives of both octavia and superb and getting quotes from multiple dealerships. I got a decent discount on Octavia considering the current shortages and its around 9lks lower than the best quote i got for Superb l&k in Bangalore , so went ahead with booking for the Octavia. The premium didn't feel justified being it will primarily self driven and most of the time only 2 of us on board , also with the new superb coming in 2023. Expecting the delivery of the Octavia this coming week.
If you don't mind, can you share the pricing details? You can DM them as well. TIA

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks