Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2021, 00:06   #676

Re: Skoda Superb : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karvel View Post
Ok. Interior cleaning is a good option. With the beige interiors, atleast once in a year a good cleaning is required.

Yes, i had made the payment for both the extended warranty as well as the service package through the link sent. Both got acknowledged by the SA and then reflected in the Skoda App as well.
Thank you so much for your help. Made the payment today. Will maybe get 3 interior cleans.
theudrocks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2021, 10:07   #677
BHPian

Did a Delhi-Agra run yesterday and to my surprise was able to get a mileage of 15kmpl. Could have done a little better since I wasn’t exactly driving with a light foot. I am very amazed of how frugal or thirsty this engine can be depending on the traffic/driving style.

Skoda Superb : Official Review-af08bff607f44610a8965c950b189b7d.jpeg
Zodak is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 15th March 2021, 11:44   #678
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodak View Post
Did a Delhi-Agra run yesterday and to my surprise was able to get a mileage of 15kmpl.
Nice. Can cruise control or manually up shifting to a higher gear also influence fuel efficiency ?
Old 15th March 2021, 17:06   #679
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
Nice. Can cruise control or manually up shifting to a higher gear also influence fuel efficiency ?
Cruise control (in my Octavia) definitely helps in increasing the mileage as the controller can modulate the accelerator smoother (than a human can), and take advantage of torque rather than initiate a downshift.

However, I doubt if a manual upshift can be beneficial. If the upshift is possible in the first place given the load on the engine, engine temperature, slope of the land etc, then the controller would have initiated the upshift anyway. But, I have no real knowledge of this.
Old 15th March 2021, 18:00   #680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodak View Post
Did a Delhi-Agra run yesterday and to my surprise was able to get a mileage of 15kmpl. Could have done a little better since I wasn’t exactly driving with a light foot. I am very amazed of how frugal or thirsty this engine can be depending on the traffic/driving style.
Very interesting, Zodak. My car has done just about 900Kms. I have been strictly following the engine Run-In period schedule i.e. Not going above 2300 RPM till car has completed 1500Kms. Not using Sport Mode or doing sudden accelerations/stops etc.
I have been using Fuel grade of 95 Octane. Also, while i have been driving within the city (Blore), most of the times, traffic is moving at a steady pace - such that its a mix of 3rd/4th/(5th gear at times too). At traffic stops, the Auto Stop/Start switches off the engine, thereby ensuring I am not idling the engine. After all of the above being followed, the Fuel Average I am getting is b/w 7 and 8.5 km/L. This is a far cry from the "claimed" fuel efficiency of 15 KM/L. Haven't done any long trips to be able to see mileage on highways.
SanjuInGgn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2021, 20:18   #681
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanjuInGgn View Post
This is a far cry from the "claimed" fuel efficiency of 15 KM/L. Haven't done any long trips to be able to see mileage on highways.
I am getting 14.5 on highway's with a pretty heavy foot and sports mode on intermittently. In Bangalore though, I do get between 8-10 kmpl without doing anything extra (I've done about 3,500 kms).
manku is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th March 2021, 21:56   #682
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanjuInGgn View Post
This is a far cry from the "claimed" fuel efficiency of 15 KM/L.
I am in similar situation with 900km and, except for once, always below 2500 rpm. In Mumbai, I am getting around 8-10 kmpl with mostly city highway driving. However, I was able to get 15km on display for the first time on Sunday when I left early in the morning for a city highway run.

Looks like the mileage can be achieved, but only on long drives without drastic speed changes.
Old 16th March 2021, 16:13   #683
BHPian

Has anyone recieved policy wordings for standard as well as extended warranty ie. inclusions as well as exclusion list?
Considering the after sales service woes it could be really handy!
Thank you
Old 17th March 2021, 07:52   #684
BHPian

Took delivery yesterday. Isn't she beautiful ? The car's butter smooth, powerful & very responsive. Thought I'll treat the car to some tasty fuel, gave her 67 L of V Power. For the 1st time ever, I paid INR 7k+ for fuel

Few surprises:

1. Unlike Maruti, Skoda doesn't give you a tank full at delivery. Range was 100 km when I took over. Did 10 kms of very light driving in heavy traffic and it was down to 40 km. She's a guzzler.
2. I engaged the parking brake in D at a traffic signal. I thought it would disengage when I tapped the brake or the accelerator. I annoyed quite a few people at that signal.
3. Doesn't fit into my parking slot.
4. All tyres were at 50 PSI.
5. Spare tyre is a notch smaller and meant for short drives only and the boot cannot accommodate a regular tyre.
6. I thought Android Auto was in it's early days. I was wrong.
7. Battery is of Skoda make apparently.
8. Portable torch has been removed in the 2021 version, but, it's housing remains. Ridiculous.
9. Fuel tank lid can only be opened from outside.

Queries:
1. Software update - OEM site says it's done via the SD card. Any of you done it ? How often do they release ?
2. Is it possible to respond to an incoming call from the steering ? Dealer said it can only happen via the infotainment system.
3. The roof light at the rear stays on when unlocked/running. How to kill it ?
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Superb : Official Review-skoda.jpeg  

vinu_h is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 17th March 2021, 08:57   #685
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Took delivery yesterday.
Congratulations Vinu! But come on dude, we need more pics. This one pic isn’t justified!

There’s a 2020 model Superb L&K parked at our company premises and it is a sight to see the car glazing in sunshine all the time!

Skoda Superb : Official Review-e425bfc1067a47b5959ec424b7a11a40.jpeg

Quote:
1. Unlike Maruti, Skoda doesn't give you a tank full at delivery.
This is purely a dealership’s gesture. It has nothing to do with the car manufacturer.

Quote:
4. All tyres were at 50 PSI.
Typical of all the cars parked in the yard. The tires are usually overinflated. I hope you’ve deflated it to the recommended values.

Quote:
6. I thought Android Auto was in it's early days. I was wrong.
Wait for a few days. You’ll be treated to all the Android Auto glitches. Nothing major though but can get irritating. Apple’s CarPlay is much more polished in that sense.

Quote:
7. Battery is of Skoda make apparently.
AFAIK Skoda doesn’t make batteries. This must be from another OEM. Can you share a pic?

Quote:
8. Portable torch has been removed in the 2021 version, but, it's housing remains. Ridiculous.
Wow that’s a bummer! It used to one of those simply clever features advertised by Skoda when the car was launched.

Quote:
9. Fuel tank lid can only be opened from outside.
Ummm that’s how it is for most cars today. There’s no separate fuel lid release button in the cabin. Push to pop out the lid. Push it once again to close. What car are you upgrading from?

Quote:
2. Is it possible to respond to an incoming call from the steering ? Dealer said it can only happen via the infotainment system.
Press the roller wheel on the right spoke?

Quote:
3. The roof light at the rear stays on when unlocked/running. How to kill it ?
Looks like the switch is set to on. Set it to door open mode or off?
Gannu_1 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 17th March 2021, 09:20   #686
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
2. I engaged the parking brake in D at a traffic signal. I thought it would disengage when I tapped the brake or the accelerator. I annoyed quite a few people at that signal.
You need to press the Auto hold button right next to parking brake. With that button you don't need to engage handbrake in traffic light. Car will automatically engage.

Also when you press the throttle parking brake will disengage.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 17th March 2021 at 09:54.
Vid6639 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th March 2021, 10:45   #687
BHPian

Quote:
Took delivery yesterday. Isn't she beautiful ? The car's butter smooth, powerful & very responsive. Thought I'll treat the car to some tasty fuel, gave her 67 L of V Power. For the 1st time ever, I paid INR 7k+ for fuel

Few surprises:

Congrats on the "Superb" purchase. Wishing you happy miles.

On engaging parking break or auto hold feature, if the stoppage is going to be more than 20 seconds, better to move to neutral. This will help to keep the DSG safe, in the long run.
Old 17th March 2021, 11:26   #688
BHPian

Many congratulations and wishing you loads of happy motoring.

Quote:

5. Spare tyre is a notch smaller and meant for short drives only and the boot cannot accommodate a regular tyre.
I did not realize this and was assuming the spare tyre is the same size. The boot's so big, I didn't even think about size of the tyre.
Old 17th March 2021, 12:45   #689
BHPian

Congrats Vinu and welcome to Superb Club. Please remove that violet ribbon, looks hideous .

As far as auto-hold is concerned, I always keep it activated always. Just press the brake lightly, and parking brakes will get activated. Once you provide throttle, they will dis-engage. It’s a boon in bumper to bumper traffic.
Zodak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2021, 14:42   #690

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karvel View Post
Congrats on the "Superb" purchase. Wishing you happy miles.

On engaging parking break or auto hold feature, if the stoppage is going to be more than 20 seconds, better to move to neutral. This will help to keep the DSG safe, in the long run.
After engaging the parking brake, doesnt the system put the gear box into neutral by itself ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks