Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2021, 14:00   #586
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda Superb : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Good quality PPF will not have any colour fade.
Would be recommended wherever you feel prone to scratches such as bumpers, etc.
Most PPF will show some color de-whitening/yellowing after 1-2 years. The 3M PPF I got done on my Superb's bumpers, do show color difference when one looks carefully.
Then again the plastic bumper white and the metal hood white are not exactly same in texture,gloss and shade based on angle of view etc. This gets further accentuated after PPF is ~2 years old (and depending on how much sun falls on your car in that period).
lancer_rit is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 9th February 2021, 22:22   #587
BHPian

To all the TSI owners here,
Can you help me with the actual mileages that your vehicle gives you?
Tentative buyer here, would appreciate any insight!
Also, anything else to think/ worry about before booking the superb?
Thanks in advance!
Old 9th February 2021, 22:27   #588
BHPian

Hi All - Wanted to get your views on Fuel Grade to use on the new 2.0L TSI Superb.

Have seen a few posts suggesting regular 91 Octane is fine. And incidentally, even the Skoda sales guys suggested regular grade petrol.

However, the manual says otherwise. Here is a snippet from the manual.

Skoda Superb : Official Review-fuelgrade.png

Your thoughts pls.
Old 10th February 2021, 01:28   #589
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_rit View Post
Most PPF will show some color de-whitening/yellowing after 1-2 years. The 3M PPF I got done on my Superb's bumpers, do show color difference when one looks carefully.
Then again the plastic bumper white and the metal hood white are not exactly same in texture,gloss and shade based on angle of view etc. This gets further accentuated after PPF is ~2 years old (and depending on how much sun falls on your car in that period).
Agree. Had done 3M PPF on my silver Octavia. Its now about 3.5 years. The shade is darker now compared to the bonnet. The vehicle has been parked in basement for 99% of the time. So no issue with direct sunlight as well. But still, yellowing is going on.
Karvel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2021, 00:51   #590
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jash2709 View Post
To all the TSI owners here,
Can you help me with the actual mileages that your vehicle gives you?
Tentative buyer here, would appreciate any insight!
Also, anything else to think/ worry about before booking the superb?
Thanks in advance!
I have 1.8 tsi previous gen. On highways around 14 if you drive around 80-100, 11-12 if you drive a bit rough. In cities traffic like bombay expect only single digit numbers(7-9). I don't think figures will be much different for 2.0 tsi.

Having used superb for 10 years, I've never faced any major issues apart from fuel pump and injector. Never faced issues with after sales service too.
If you like superb look no further, even I'm in process of buying new car and also considered Superb once but don't want the same feeling for next 7 years so evaluating other options.
parekhakshar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th February 2021, 20:13   #591
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parekhakshar View Post
I have 1.8 tsi previous gen. On highways around 14 if you drive around 80-100, 11-12 if you drive a bit rough. In cities traffic like bombay expect only single digit numbers(7-9). I don't think figures will be much different for 2.0 tsi.

Having used superb for 10 years, I've never faced any major issues apart from fuel pump and injector. Never faced issues with after sales service too.
If you like superb look no further, even I'm in process of buying new car and also considered Superb once but don't want the same feeling for next 7 years so evaluating other options.

Thanks a ton!
Also, what are your views about extended warranty and the maintenance pack?
Must buy?
Old 12th February 2021, 00:59   #592
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jash2709 View Post
Thanks a ton!
Also, what are your views about extended warranty and the maintenance pack?
Must buy?
Extended warranty: Big yes
Maintenance pack: That's your call check if you want it or not, do the math what works out to be cheaper Option. I would prefer investing the upfront maintenance cost in stock market or gold instead of giving my money to dealers
parekhakshar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th February 2021, 09:11   #593
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanjuInGgn View Post
Hi All - Wanted to get your views on Fuel Grade to use on the new 2.0L TSI Superb.

Have seen a few posts suggesting regular 91 Octane is fine. And incidentally, even the Skoda sales guys suggested regular grade petrol.

However, the manual says otherwise. Here is a snippet from the manual.

Attachment 2120113

Your thoughts pls.
In India the regular Petrol available is RON 91 (Octane 91) which is the minimum Octane number which the TSI engines can support. There are higher grades of Octane number petrol available at the fuel bunks - Speed 93 and speed 97 which I had seen here in Delhi BPCL bunks. You can use these fuels as they are higher Octane number fuels sold by the fuel companies themselves. They will give you smoother engine running as well as less noise and better performance, but they are more costly than the regular fuel - last I recall Speed 93 was around 10 Rupees higher and Speed 97 was almost 40% higher (which sports car owners typically have to use). You may find this fuel sold only at a few specific bunks (in areas where people generally have a lot of expensive / Sports cars only) as in most common areas these fuels hardly sell.
HP also sell a Octane 99 Petrol called Power 99. Here is a list of all India bunks selling it:
https://www.hpretail.in/power_99#a2

A point of caution : It is fine to use premixed High octane number fuels which are they are supplied by the fuel companies, but I don't recommend buying additives separately and adding them to the fuel - there is a risk of engine failure if the mix goes even slightly wrong, so avoid this approach.

Last edited by Behemoth : 12th February 2021 at 09:15.
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2021, 13:24   #594
Senior - BHPian

Skoda Superb owners, what can be considered as good/ right price for a early/ mid 2017 Superb 2.0 TDI L&K, if well maintained and no accident/ known issues? Single owner. Under 50k kilometres clocked.

Thanks!
Old 12th February 2021, 17:59   #595
BHPian

Hello there BHPians,

Most probably going forward with getting a superb, a VIN 20 MY 21.
Could you guys help me with things to look for during the PDI, apart from the Team BHP PDF, as the car most probably was at the showroom all along?
Also, Ceramic coating, a GO or NO-GO? (PPF is a definite NO for me)

Any good ceramic detailers around Mumbai?

Once again, thank you for all the help and enthusiasm!
Old 13th February 2021, 00:41   #596
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Skoda Superb owners, what can be considered as good/ right price for a early/ mid 2017 Superb 2.0 TDI L&K, if well maintained and no accident/ known issues? Single owner. Under 50k kilometres clocked.

Thanks!
Hi Ajay,
If the car is eligible for extended warranty then you can pursue deal further.
Depends on the onroad price in KA back in 2017. Not sure if owner got any discounts considering bought during financial year closing period (march 2017). Take approx 45 - 50 % depreciation for the 4 years period. Also you can check for the tyre conditions/ brake pads etc for further negotiations. How much is the quoted price? Is it dealer or direct seller? Dealers tend to jack up prices especially noticed in Bangalore.
Old 13th February 2021, 12:50   #597
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhil_pon View Post
Hi Ajay,
If the car is eligible for extended warranty then you can pursue deal further.
Depends on the onroad price in KA back in 2017. Not sure if owner got any discounts considering bought during financial year closing period (march 2017). Take approx 45 - 50 % depreciation for the 4 years period. Also you can check for the tyre conditions/ brake pads etc for further negotiations. How much is the quoted price? Is it dealer or direct seller? Dealers tend to jack up prices especially noticed in Bangalore.
Hi Nikhil,

This one is in Pune. I just going to get in touch and check month of registration in 2017 (so I can know if extended warranty can be purchased or not), and other details. Claimed 44.4k kms done.

Wanted to get an idea on the pricing here, before I can get in touch with the dealer, who has made the listing. Mentioned asking price is 18.5. I'm thinking 15.5 to max 16, if extremely well maintained.
Old 15th February 2021, 12:38   #598
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Just look at the footprint of the car, compared to the 5-Series! What amazing presence. Love the clean styling. Me & my bro have been hanging around the car, sipping coffee and admiring its design + smaller details.

Seriously a car that punches above its weight:
Skoda Superb : Official Review-20210214-13.44.15.jpg
GTO is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 15th February 2021, 13:19   #599
Distinguished - BHPian

I think GTO, you should stop praising the pricing of car so much here, of all you know Skoda reads this and decides to raise the price of the car

Congratulations on the new car, looks stunning, and somehow aerial shots just adds another dimension to the beauty oaf any car or bike, wish you and your brother many happy miles on the new car.
AtheK is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 15th February 2021, 14:54   #600
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
I think GTO, you should stop praising the car so much here
Exactly what i was thinking and totally agree! He is tempting us so much that I am worried I might just go and pick one up. If anyone of us buys one after seeing his posts we should send our service bills to him.

What a beautiful car! A diesel would definitely make some of us very interested.
krishnakarthik1 is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks