Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2022, 14:40   #1351
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda Superb : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Bro reported this last night. Started car after a week, so could it be due to low voltage (Low voltage situations & weak batteries | The bane of German cars)? Notice how error messages are almost identical in nature to what I saw in my 530d with the weak battery.

Am going to check it in a bit. Am guessing:

- Low battery. Does Skoda have a way to check the voltage through the MID like BMWs?
The Skoda My connect app shows battery voltage. I will check if its available in vehicle status on the driver/infotainment console.
neoonwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2022, 18:41   #1352
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
You can't check the voltage but only the SOC can be checked. Immediately after turning off the ignition, press and hold the trip reset button and it's toggle through "TIME" and "BATTERY SOC", release it on the second screen and it'll display the SOC on the MFD for a few seconds.
Adi, I believe Skoda removed this feature in later cars. For example, my MY16 Octavia TSI did not have this useful feature

Refer this thread: https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topi...battery-state/

Last edited by itwasntme : 6th October 2022 at 18:43.
itwasntme is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2022, 19:02   #1353
BHPian

Quote:
- Low battery. Does Skoda have a way to check the voltage through the MID like BMWs?

- Rat damage? Seriously hope not!

- Some electronic failure. If so, damn you Skoda-VW & your reliability.
I might be able to help out by possibly eliminating the battery voltage as a reason. Our Superb is seldom used during the weekdays and is many a time taken out only on Sundays (apart from the very long, occasional road trip). No battery issues so far. I don't think the battery would cause issues this early on either. Did features like the puddle lamps and welcome lights function as intended? Did the car start without issue?

If yes, then it might be rat damage or faulty electronics. I suspect the latter.

There's also unfortunately no way to check it through the MID.

Do update us once you have more information. An OBD module, as suggested above, will be of great help.

Last edited by GForceEnjoyer : 8th October 2022 at 19:17.
GForceEnjoyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2022, 08:26   #1354
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thanks a ton, guys! I still think it's a low voltage issue. Reason = my brother has had a lot of work travel in the last 4 weeks and the car's usage has been minimal (once a week or less). Over & above that, we use a Varna Suraksha rat repellent device in the Superb & 530d that draws a small amount of battery every day.

Took the car out last night to Bade Miya and back. Shortly after the drive, all the errors disappeared. Restarted a couple of times and no errors:
Skoda Superb : Official Review-20221009-22.00.50.jpg

My 530d & Jeep are on the Bosch C7 trickle charger. Ordered one for the Superb too & have told my brother to put on the charger whenever he's got a lot of travel. His regular usage is twice - thrice a week, but even that is a 6 - 10 km round trip. The main areas of Bombay entail less commuting kilometers, unlike say Delhi. The car's average running is merely 300 km / month, a lot of it at night with all the accessories / headlights on.
GTO is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 10th October 2022, 10:15   #1355
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
The Skoda My connect app shows battery voltage. I will check if its available in vehicle status on the driver/infotainment console.
This is what it shows on the connect app -

Name:  Screenshot_2022_1010_101331.jpg
Views: 1347
Size:  39.9 KB
neoonwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2022, 18:06   #1356

Completed first service of Superb last month:
Total cost was 6700.
Dropped vehicle at 9.30 am in the morning and promised to be delivered by 5 pm but the vehicle was ready before 3 PM.
No pressure to buy any additional services or anything. Vehicle was taken on a ramp and walked me through to check if there are damages. Requested minor fixes (door beading peeling off) were fixed as requested.
Had an excellent experience.
Dealer : SGA cars
sudhir_vag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th October 2022, 18:50   #1357
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhir_vag View Post
Completed first service of Superb last month:
Total cost was 6700.
Curious to know what was performed in this service. Normally I'd expect the cost of engine oil for a Superb to cost 6-7K odd.
Old 10th October 2022, 19:21   #1358

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Curious to know what was performed in this service. Normally I'd expect the cost of engine oil for a Superb to cost 6-7K odd.
Oil cost including GST was 3,705 (VWGROUP LONGLIFE IV) 5.7 litres
Drain plug = 312
Oil filter (06L115562B) = 750
Cabin air filter(5Q0819669) = 1650
Consumables = 250
Windscreen was fluid = 100
sudhir_vag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th October 2022, 19:32   #1359
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
They have changed the grade of oil. Its much cheaper now, around Rs. 550/L. In total 5.7 litres is used from fresh 1L cans. Rest is the drain plug, oil filter, cabin filter. Air filter is now rated for 30K kms. And labour charges are waived off for the first service. My bill for the Kodiaq's first service was only Rs. 6400/-

Next service onwards labour (Rs. 6000) will be added along with the air filter. Specific to Kodiaq, the Haldex oil will also be changed at Rs. 6000. Second service will cost me around Rs. 21000/-

Skoda Superb : Official Review-screenshot-20221010-19.31.49.png
adi_petrolhead is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2022, 22:36   #1360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
They have changed the grade of oil. Its much cheaper now, around Rs. 550/L. In total 5.7 litres is used from fresh 1L cans.
My god that is cheap. I was under the impression that the beautiful 2L TSI requires some expensive oil. I got my Duke 390 serviced 4 days back and I always use Motul 10W50 for around ₹900/litre.

Apples to oranges I know but just saying. A 1.6x costlier engine oil for a bike 16x cheaper than the Superb
Old 29th October 2022, 23:53   #1361
BHPian

Hi All - Have been facing another interesting issue last 2 months and wondering if anyone else has faced the same - and if yes, have you been able to get a resolution from Skoda Svc.

I keep the Auto Start/Stop mostly enabled. What's started happening lately is that when the ignition has cut off and then comes on as part of the Auto-Stop/Start, the accelerator goes dead for a few seconds [~2-3 seconds] before it comes back to life. This does not happen every time the auto-start/stop has started the car; maybe 3 out of 5 times it happens though.

When this happens, even if the accelerator pedal is pressed fully, the tacho needle does not show any movement either ofcourse.

Has anyone else faced this?
Old 1st November 2022, 22:26   #1362
BHPian

Had been to a week long trip to Kerala. On my last leg of the return journey from Belgaum to Thane the car returned a mileage of 16.8 KM/L with three people onboard and trunk full of luggage. Simply Superb!

Skoda Superb : Official Review-superb.jpg
sumithb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2022, 22:52   #1363
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a ton, guys! I still think it's a low voltage issue. Reason = my brother has had a lot of work travel in the last 4 weeks ...month, a lot of it at night with all the accessories / headlights on.
GTO - I had a similar experience. I left the dashcam plugged in and didnt start the car for 10-12 days. In my case, I guess I missed the error messages when the battery completely died. I couldn't even unlock the car, it was completely dead.

The RSA guys jump started the car and took it to the workshop, but the battery wouldn't charge. Turns out the battery died permanently if it gets fully depleted.

Skoda first quoted me 30K (IIRC) for a new battery, but later covered 90% of the cost through a goodwill gesture. I had no other issues post that (and before the sale :( )

Do keep the car on the trickle charger when not in use. If a tiny dashcam can deplete the battery in 10 odd days, I shudder to think how soon the other components (security system, keyless entry module etc.) could deplete it.
DDiSLover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2022, 19:03   #1364
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Bro reported this last night. Started car after a week, so could it be due to low voltage (Low voltage situations & weak batteries | The bane of German cars)? Notice how error messages are almost identical in nature to what I saw in my 530d with the weak battery.
Car is on the way back from the workshop.

- Completed the annual service. Lubes etc. Service advisor tried pushing extras like "petrol tank cleaning", "engine coating" etc. but I told him to buzz off.

- These errors were apparently due to a failed sensor on the front-right wheel. Clearly, a common problem with VW-Skodas. But still disconcerting on a 1.xx year old car.

- Bill = zero. God bless service packages & warranties.
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2022, 22:25   #1365
BHPian

I'm sure it's pretty widely known here, but no harm in saying it anyway, I assume. A long drive once in a while (at least around 30 km in one go) will go a long way in extending battery life, since it will allow it to be charged sufficiently by the alternator to make up for multiple engine starts (if a trickle charger cannot be used).

On a side note, I'm unsure about how much juice the security system actually draws. We once had to leave our Superb idle for nearly three weeks as we were out of station. Immediately after getting back, we took it on a long highway drive; it started without issue. I was honestly half-expecting hiccups!

Guess it's an unexpected positive side-effect of living in a city that's relatively spread out (nothing like Delhi but much more than Mumbai).

Last edited by GForceEnjoyer : 3rd November 2022 at 22:34.
GForceEnjoyer is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks