Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2023, 00:28   #1486
BHPian

Re: Skoda Superb : Official Review

I had also thought this may be related to the battery voltage. However, the problem has continued, even though the battery was replaced about 2 months back (almost nearing 3 yrs by then). So unlikely it is the battery. Also - my car runs daily, so cannot be a case of battery not having sufficient charge.

Had posted the issue on briskoda too. See the response I received "Are your brake lights still on when the accelerator is unresponsive? I'm just wondering if it's a faulty brake light switch. I had a Passat where the accelerator went completely dead. It turned out that the accelerator was functioning correctly, but the brake light switch was switching it off due to an internal fault."

Unfortunately, VAS scan does not show up any faults. Missed being hit by an auto the other day due to this issue - traffic started moving; my car is not!
SanjuInGgn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2024, 01:21   #1487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaigupta143 View Post
I changed the suspension to the EU superb springs which sit about 10mm lower and coupled it with B4 dampers.

The cornering has improved drastically and the car settles in one motion while going over a bump.
Hello Jai! Can you help me with the part-numbers of the springs or the place where you sourced them from? Would love to improve the handling on my Superb and 10mm lowering seems to be the sweet spot!
Old 3rd January 2024, 09:42   #1488

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananbanka View Post
Hello Jai! Can you help me with the part-numbers of the springs or the place where you sourced them from? Would love to improve the handling on my Superb and 10mm lowering seems to be the sweet spot!
Hey. I dont have the part numbers with me but GT Tunerz in New Delhi can get the springs for you. I sourced it from them only. The EU springs coupled with B4 really make the suspension a dream.
Jaigupta143 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2024, 11:00   #1489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Changing to Cobra or similar springs with 10-15mm lowering will help in stability and reduced lateral movements.
Hello Adi! Is there a specific line that you've used that has enabled lowering the car by 10-15mm? Cobra, H&R, Eibach all seem to have a minimum lowering of 30MM across their range.
Old 13th January 2024, 23:52   #1490
BHPian

Hi All - My Sportline has done ~30K and the tread indicator has started showing its time for a change. Any suggestions on replacement options? One store mgr said that unless "you are planning to race", Yokohama is good enough, when I asked him if I should consider "Michelin". Any thoughts?
Old 14th January 2024, 14:19   #1491
BHPian

You can definitely go for Michelins. Nothing to do with racing. The PS range are sportier they give an excellent ride, grip levels are phenomenal in dry/ wet. The Primacy range is also a great all round tire with low noise and very comfortable ride. Spirited driving may cause some squealing since they are more comfort oriented but still an excellent choice. Yokohamas are of course more cost effective, grip levels are great but the ride is definitely not as good as the Michelins. More noticeable once the tires get older.
KKapadia is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th January 2024, 19:12   #1492

Go for Michelin, I changed to 225 55 R17 Primacy 4 ST, and couldn't be happier. (Excellent all round), also not sure if it's the engine or Tyres but mileage has been phenomenal too. (23 - 25 KM/L on highway runs)
DEFNDER is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2024, 13:30   #1493
BHPian

Hi. I am facing auto start stop issues with my superb for past few months. It simply doesn't work! No matter which mode the car is in, even after waiting at signal for long time, the car doesn't turn off at all. I tried putting the car in N and P but it still doesn't work. Anything that I should try before sending it to the service centre?
Old 19th January 2024, 19:18   #1494
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay81 View Post
Hi. I am facing auto start stop issues with my superb for past few months. It simply doesn't work! No matter which mode the car is in, even after waiting at signal for long time, the car doesn't turn off at all. I tried putting the car in N and P but it still doesn't work. Anything that I should try before sending it to the service centre?
Looks to me as signs of a weak battery. Get it checked at service center. If not, only a scan at the workshop can reveal the cause. Battery volts could also be checked with the Connect app.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2024, 19:31   #1495

Hi akshay81,

If prerequisites are met

Driver seatbelt is fastened.
Speed of 4-5 KM/H is attained after last stop.

Try switching Off/On while driving once and check!

Else, yes time to visit service center for further diagnosis.
DEFNDER is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2024, 10:40   #1496
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay81 View Post
I encountered a similar issue recently. My car had just come back from a service check, and the battery was confirmed to be in good condition. However, during my brief morning commutes to the office, the start-stop function was not operating at all. I initially thought this problem was linked to the recent service, but the feature unexpectedly began working after I drove for an hour. Thus, I suspect this issue is associated with the cold weather in Delhi, which might be preventing the car from meeting the necessary conditions for the start-stop system to function. I plan to wait until the temperatures rise to see if the start-stop system resumes its normal behavior.

Looks like you are in a Pune so may be this is not a weather issue. Please keep us posted on the resolution.
Zodak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2024, 11:35   #1497
Distinguished - BHPian

Lot of arcane conditions I believe. Best to research on briskoda or suchlike.

Conditions for engine stop
The vehicle is stationary (speed = 0km/h).
The engine speed is below 1200rpm.
The coolant temperature is between 25°C and 100°C.
The brake vacuum is more than 550mbar.
The energy required to restart the engine that was calculated before “engine off” can be supplied
by the battery (starting voltage prediction).
The battery temperature is greater or equal to -1°C and less than 55°C.
The air-conditioning requirement of the occupants is not too high.
The difference between target and actual vent temperature is below 8°C.
The diesel particulate filter is not in regeneration mode (diesel engines only).

My 330i has a novel one: SS will not work when the wheels are at full lock. Go figure!
itwasntme is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 5th February 2024, 13:07   #1498
BHPian

My tdi 2018 superb is making a rattling noise at idle. Skoda confirmed it to be the flywheel. It's under75k kms. Does the flywheel wear off so fast ?

Go with skoda or LUK?
Old 12th February 2024, 06:51   #1499
BHPian

Rattle at idle gets progressively louder after a few days it’s most likely the fly wheel. Also don’t forget to replace the very small bearing that goes with it. Oem skoda is 99% made by Luk. Go with it if you plan to get it done outside of dealer. Had no issues.
Old 25th February 2024, 15:31   #1500
BHPian

Greetings to all
I am looking forward to add Superb Petrol MANUAL in my garage.
Came across a 2019 registered Superb MT.
It is run around 50k and is a direct owner listing on OLX.
Price quoted is 15 lakhs.

What details should I look out for when I go to inspect the car?
And is price justified?
Also if someone has any other leads for a similar car (or Octavia 1.4tsi) then it would be highly appreciated

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks