Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2023, 09:39   #1471
BHPian

Re: Skoda Superb : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by paras211 View Post
Has anyone installed bilstein b6 shocks?
I had them on my Gen2 Superb. Installing B6 is a perfect way to ruin a car’s ride. They are too stiff for our road conditions and often lead to alloy damage.

If you want to improve the handling I would recommend aftermarket OE replacement shocks like Sachs. They are much cheaper and noticeably stiffer than OE ones. They provide a perfect balance between ride and handling.
novice is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st October 2023, 11:33   #1472
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paras211 View Post
Has anyone installed bilstein b6 shocks?
Quote:
Originally Posted by novice View Post
If you want to improve the handling I would recommend aftermarket OE replacement shocks like Sachs. They are much cheaper and noticeably stiffer than OE ones. They provide a perfect balance between ride and handling.
Agree with Novice. I think the main problem of the Superb is the soft springs. The shocks are plenty stiff as is. Changing to Cobra or similar springs with 10-15mm lowering will help in stability and reduced lateral movements. Where as if you're set on changing the dampers, go for Koni Street FSD dampers. Spring upgrade should be done either ways.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2023, 10:47   #1473

Wanted to check with the folk here. Is this something that has happened to you? In all my years of owning a car this has never happened to me.

I have a L&K bought in July/ August 2022. This July end when the car was to complete 12 months the indicators started showing that the car is due for service since the beginning of 11th Month. The countdown was 30 days . I ignored it as I knew these are some new age features and I shall take the car once it completes the mandatory kms eun which was just a few rides away.

However, on the 26th day, exactly the same warning , as to what you have mentioned , came and my drivers as usual like all drivers came back and did not tell me apparently. I came to know on the 27th day when I took it out for a short drive on Sunday and just with a ride of 3 KM the warning came on. I called my driver and checked and the Charlie tells me this had happened yesterday too.

I however again did not give it much heed cause I thought as the car is new it may not have much coolant (So much for owning a car from the last 25 yrs) .

Took the car to PPS Skoda Okalipuram garage and as usual the ASC guys just give you some vague answers and said they have throughly checked and topped up the coolant. Well my card was due for service too.

Now when I see your post , I am thinking that this might not be a warning which comes up when the car is due for service, must be a bug in the system, or must be a genuine problem . My car has now as per my estimate has run another 3K after the service/ topping up the coolant. This post makes me a worried man.

One observation, however, I'd that I(not my driver) drive with the start stop button switched off. The warning signs came up and I could see the engine temp rising . I was at a signal and I switched on the start stop function. The temp started dropping and temp did not reach / get to a temp reading where the warning alarm would go off. I could drive around 6 KM like this till I reached the ASC.

Just my thoughts.
Old 23rd October 2023, 20:25   #1474
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by novice View Post
I had them on my Gen2 Superb. Installing B6 is a perfect way to ruin a car’s ride. They are too stiff for our road conditions and often lead to alloy damage.

I have them on the Jetta and love them. Although 90% use is on national highways. Superb has replaced the Jetta and coming from Jetta on b6 the superb has too much vertical movement at the back. Reviews in briskoda say it's very nice. Car is driven by driver 90% of the time and I am at the back.

I do not want lowering springs as I need the ground clearance, and I have lowering springs on another car and it's nice only when driven aggressively else it's a pain when cruising .
Old 25th October 2023, 15:43   #1475

Second paid service 30K km update

Forgot to update the thread. In mid of August, MayilVahanam went for 30K km service. As usual slot was pre booked with the usual SA. As soon as the vehicle reached the service centre, it was got into a ramp and inspected. On inspection we found out brakes have worn out and agreed on replacement.

Was given an estimate for the same and final bill was on the same lines.

Total bill came around 38,000 including periodic service and brake replacements.

Items replaced with approx cost of the same

- Brake pads (all 4) - INR 12,300 + labor 2700 (Imported again)
- Alignment and Balancing - INR 2300 (Usually i do it outside but post the latest thread have started doing it with showroom to be safe)
- Wiper blades - 2900 - 2600 part + 300 labor (This is something which i feel to be expensive. I can see this part is getting imported and could have been localised)

Rest all are the usual periodic maintenance replacements like engine oil, drain plug, filters and fluids.

Overall a perfect service experience from SGA and vehicle delivered on time. Workmanship and response was also good.

Would continue to stick with SGA for further services.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 25th October 2023 at 17:20. Reason: spacing and formatting
sudhir_vag is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th October 2023, 18:38   #1476
BHPian

Thank you, Sudhir!

For the 3rd annual service of my Superb, the service list was the same, even though the odometer had reached 29,000 kilometers. The entire service was part of the periodic maintenance and covered by the service package. The only exceptions were the cleaning and replacement of a pair of wiper blades, which had started leaving streaks after less than a year of exposure to our hot weather conditions.

I wasn't advised to change the brake pads yet. The service advisor recommended changing the DSG oil at 5 years or after 45,000 kilometers of driving, but I plan to have it changed in the upcoming year.
sbenstewart is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2023, 22:30   #1477
BHPian

Is there any update on the release dates and estimated prices for the CBU Superb?
Old 31st October 2023, 16:44   #1478

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Agree with Novice. I think the main problem of the Superb is the soft springs. The shocks are plenty stiff as is. Changing to Cobra or similar springs with 10-15mm lowering will help in stability and reduced lateral movements. Where as if you're set on changing the dampers, go for Koni Street FSD dampers. Spring upgrade should be done either ways.
I too own a Skoda Superb 2022 2.0TSI. The suspension was too soft for my liking and gave a boat like feeling especially on the highway. I changed the suspension to the EU superb springs which sit about 10mm lower and coupled it with B4 dampers.

The cornering has improved drastically and the car settles in one motion while going over a bump.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 31st October 2023 at 17:18. Reason: minor spacing
Jaigupta143 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2023, 09:01   #1479
BHPian

The new generation of the Škoda Superb has been launched. Images retrieved from the press kit:

Skoda Superb : Official Review-51_skoda_superb.jpg

Skoda Superb : Official Review-95_skoda_superb.jpg

Skoda Superb : Official Review-65_skoda_superb_lk.jpg

Skoda Superb : Official Review-74_skoda_superb.jpg

Skoda Superb : Official Review-72_skoda_superb.jpg

Skoda Superb : Official Review-70_skoda_superb.jpg

Skoda Superb : Official Review-83_skoda_superb.jpg

Skoda Superb : Official Review-97_skoda_superb.jpg

Skoda Superb : Official Review-94_skoda_superb.jpg

There was also a short livestream of the event, which can be viewed here:

My initial impressions are that the changes are too subtle to warrant a "next-gen" moniker. If anything, the exterior design seems to blunt the sharp and clean lines of the previous generation for a more rounded look this time around. It feels like an overgrown Slavia. Hopefully, it looks better in person.

The interiors, on the other hand, appear to have received a more substantial update, at least in the front. I'm not sure how I feel about the gear lever being removed and replaced with a stick mounted on the steering column. Maybe it's for the best. The smart dials seem to be useful and offer a decent compromise between touchscreens and an excess of buttons.

What does bother me is the change in dimensions of the car - while the wheelbase has remained the same, the car has grown longer and taller, but has also narrowed slightly. This raises concerns about the interior width. Perhaps accommodating a third passenger in the rear is now better avoided? Also, if the wheelbase has remained unchanged, then why should the car grow longer? What purpose does that serve? More boot space? Sure, but I am concerned about the slope angles. I worry about the front bottom of the car scraping against steep inclines when entering poorly designed car parks and apartment complexes. I don’t see much information about ground clearance – hopefully, that has increased with the height of the car.

Additionally, if you look at the various pictures from the press kit, it doesn't seem like the sedan version has a sunroof. If that's indeed true, I couldn’t personally be happier – it's the worst feature to have in India, as it consumes valuable headroom.

I recently test drove the Toyota Camry and came away disappointed, partly because I have been looking forward to the new Škoda Superb launch to replace my current 6-year-old Superb L&K. It doesn't look like the new generation will be released in India immediately, but when it does, I intend to check it out at once.

Last edited by gk1234 : 3rd November 2023 at 09:13.
gk1234 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2023, 23:13   #1480
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaigupta143 View Post
I changed the suspension to the EU superb springs which sit about 10mm lower and coupled it with B4 dampers.

The cornering has improved drastically and the car settles in one motion while going over a bump.
Interesting! Can you share more details about this? I'm curious about how usable the Euro-spec suspension is on a day-to-day basis, and how to procure the required parts if we ever decide to install the same on our 2021 Superb someday. Will warranty be affected in any way? Lastly, was it a bolt-on fit for your car?
Old 5th November 2023, 00:42   #1481

Quote:
Originally Posted by GForceEnjoyer View Post
Interesting! Can you share more details about this? I'm curious about how usable the Euro-spec suspension is on a day-to-day basis, and how to procure the required parts if we ever decide to install the same on our 2021 Superb someday. Will warranty be affected in any way? Lastly, was it a bolt-on fit for your car?
The EU springs for the superb sit about 10mm lower than we get in our cars in India. When coupled with the B4 dampers the ride is almost same as stock as there is a certain height gain with the B4.
The suspension now is I would say about 10% stiffer than stock with a sportier touch and not bone rattling or anywhere near that. It is the best for daily driving.
Its a bolt on fitment. Warranty I cant say much about but with only the EU springs installed it would be very difficult for the dealer to find out unless he removes the part and compares the part number.

I am also running 18 inch rims. Oem Superb Vela rims 18×8J running on 245/45/18 Pzero rubber.
Jaigupta143 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2023, 23:55   #1482
BHPian

After 5 years, the Superb is likely on its way out.

Parts I loved
1. Feature rich
2. Peppy engine
3. Audio system
4. Backseat and Boot Space
5. Extremely manoeuvrable and excellent turning radius
6. Largely hassle free

Parts I didn't
1. Service & transparency

Will we buy a Skoda again?
Yes, I would strongly consider it.

What would be a worthy upgrade?
Feature wise, it is a tough one to get a car with all that is covered in the Superb but a good upgrade would be one of the following
1. Audi A6 (Fit & Finish but dated Ux. Disconnected feel)
2. BMW 330li (Balance of Drivability, Power and Size. Misses out on boot space and features)
3. BMW m340 (Power but lacks everything else)

Been a great experience so far, thanks to all that helped with my questions along the way
Zahir is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th December 2023, 10:23   #1483
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Nothing beats this car for cargo capacity - it gobbles up more luggage than any car I know! Three big airport bags of friends from USA, along with 2 small bags are a comfortable fit in the boot. Also enjoyed the Superb's soft suspension, spacious cabin & amazing audio system late last night.

Skoda Superb : Official Review-20231212-00.57.37.jpg
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th December 2023, 16:24   #1484
BHPian

Hi All - Hope everyone's having a good weekend. I have been facing an issue with my Superb's Auto Start/Stop and sharing it to see if anyone has any thoughts.

I keep Auto Start/Stop activated always. What I have been noticing for some time now is that , maybe 1 out of 4 times, when Auto Start/Stop has cut-off power to the engine, (even while car has not come to a full stand-still) and then "auto-starts" the engine, the accelerator goes dead for a couple of seconds.

This does not happen always, nor have I been able to find a pattern to when it occurs - except maybe, that it happens whenever the car has not come to a full stand-still.*

Have tried to get a scan done at the service center but have been informed there are no faults thrown up.

This is quite a problem in stop and go traffic and hence wondering if anyone has any thoughts on what may be causing this.*
Old 26th December 2023, 10:08   #1485
BHPian

This is strange. I agree the Auto Start Stop is super sensitive and the engine cuts off well before we come to a complete stop, especially while going over speed breakers.

I have not faced this, but it would be best to check the battery voltage as well, because lots of problems happen due to it, especially after the battery would have drained a lot of juice for the restart.

Still would be concerned about this. I mostly have my Auto Start Stop turned off, but will try this week if I can replicate.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks