Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2023, 14:16   #1351
BHPian

Re: Honda BR-V : Official Review

Hi
I purchased Honda's anytime warranty for 6th year (1 year) and 20k kms from Dakshin Honda Bangalore. At that time the SA told me all parts are covered ( should have checked it myself in the documents rather than take at face value). All I got was the invoice and not full warranty document.
Our BRV V CVT has done 75k kms in 5.5 years and needs replacement work of suspension bushes / shock absorbers. He tells me now wear and tear parts are not covered. Have asked for the full warranty details and estimate for repairs.
While I await the details, is there a good FNG in Bangalore who can source original Honda parts and install.
Also, has anyone installed the following -
1.Osram night breaker or Phillips halogen lamps
2. Android auto HU. I had installed an android based HU( Foxfire) 2 years back but the experience is sub par to a proper Android auto unit.
Do share your experience and contact details of where to purchase / install.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by FAIAAA : 20th December 2023 at 14:19. Reason: Additional text
Old 23rd December 2023, 18:13   #1352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAIAAA View Post
Also, has anyone installed the following -
1.Osram night breaker or Phillips halogen lamps
2. Android auto HU. I had installed an android based HU( Foxfire) 2 years back but the experience is sub par to a proper Android auto unit.
Do share your experience and contact details of where to purchase / install.
Thanks in advance.
Update - got the following done
1. Changed all 4 tyres to 205/60/R16 Yokohama Earth 1 based on advice from Mohsin at Madhus Tyres, Wilson garden.
2. Got the following done at Car Trendz. Ritesh, the owner of the place, is professional and attends personally. Basis his advice,
- replaced the high and low beam lights to Aozoom yellow LEDs (75W/ 5500 lumens). The difference is night and day! Comes with 2 year warranty
- HU - Nakamichi for Android Auto
- windshield film ( not the windows. And it's a thin film) which makes a big difference to the heat being absorbed.
Happy with the experience at both Madhus and Car Trendz. ( no affiliation or interest)

Last edited by FAIAAA : 23rd December 2023 at 18:14. Reason: Additional text
Old 2nd January 2024, 12:07   #1353
BHPian

Quote:
2. Got the following done at Car Trendz. Ritesh, the owner of the place, is professional and attends personally. Basis his advice,
- replaced the high and low beam lights to Aozoom yellow LEDs (75W/ 5500 lumens). The difference is night and day! Comes with 2 year warranty
BRV low beam is a projector, but the high beam is a reflector. LEDs are know to scatter the light when installed in Reflector. Please can you provide a bit more information and photos of the installation. Cost information also would be help full.

Quote:
- windshield film ( not the windows. And it's a thin film) which makes a big difference to the heat being absorbed.
Does the film aide in night driving or is it only for heat. again cost and brand information would be help full.

Regards
Old 2nd January 2024, 12:35   #1354

I had recently installed LED headlights on our Honda BR-V as well (only for the DRL and Low beam), I had the OSRAM T10 (for the DRLs) and the Philips Ultinon Pro 3021 (for the Low beam) this costed me about 4,200 in total a few months ago.

The difference although not night and day , What I can say for certain is that it is certainly much brighter for closer objects (but you can see it being more useful for farther objects especially in the dark since I often find it blending with those newer LED Streetlights in the city but it is much more noticeable during the dark stretch of highways from time to time).

The LED's do make the car much more modern looking, and it certainly doesn't look out of place amongst other newer SUVs in the same segment. The high beams being reflectors was the main reason why I hadn't installed LEDS either since a place like Delhi and nearby regions is known for having foggy conditions during the winter months and I have found it quite useful and adequate during such times.

I did have windshield film installed all across the car, The difference is there right when you install it on the inside but is barely noticeable on the outside. Overtime you do get used to it and view it the same way as you did before installing it. The film does help in countering high beams but only to a certain extent, as I didn't those high beaming LEDs of the newer cars to be blinding my eyes as frequent as it did before.
Old 2nd January 2024, 14:16   #1355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandrda View Post
BRV low beam is a projector, but the high beam is a reflector. LEDs are know to scatter the light when installed in Reflector. Please can you provide a bit more information and photos of the installation. Cost information also would be help full.

Does the film aide in night driving or is it only for heat. again cost and brand information would be help full.

Regards
Hi chandrda, Thanks for sharing the light set up. I didn't know that. Both low and high beams are doing fine. Unfortunately I don't have any pics of installation. Will try to take and post pics of how the lights appear at night.
The windshield film definitely helps with heat insulation during the day. And it does not impact night visibility. Neither is it anti glare, if there is such a thing.
Suggest you directly discuss with Ritesh. You will find his details on Google
Old 6th January 2024, 11:38   #1356
BHPian

Quote:
Hi
I purchased Honda's anytime warranty for 6th year (1 year) and 20k kms from Dakshin Honda Bangalore. At that time the SA told me all parts are covered ( should have checked it myself in the documents rather than take at face value). All I got was the invoice and not full warranty document.
Our BRV V CVT has done 75k kms in 5.5 years and needs replacement work of suspension bushes / shock absorbers. .
Did you get this work done? And if yes, where?
Old 7th January 2024, 01:20   #1357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphukan View Post
Hi. As per Honda SA, no immediate repair /replacement required for now. Also Changing to new rubber has made a good difference to the ride.

Last edited by FAIAAA : 7th January 2024 at 01:20. Reason: Formatting
FAIAAA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2024, 15:30   #1358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphukan View Post
Quote:
Hi. As per Honda SA, no immediate repair /replacement required for now. Also Changing to new rubber has made a good difference to the ride.
I'm in a similar situation.
The BRV went in for the annual service yesterday and I had asked them to inspect the condition of the front suspension. I find the car to be quite bouncy over bad roads at low speeds. The stability improves at higher speeds but there is some sound coming from the suspension when going over bad patches.
Car has done 42k kms in 7 years.

I found the SA's recommendation quite comical:

SA - Sir I have checked the condition of the front suspension and you will have to replace it.
ME - Why, what's wrong with it? Is the damper leaking?
SA - No sir, there is no leak but the system has become weak. The rubber bushes are 'cut'. There is play in the mounting points. You should replace the full system and the car will be like new.
ME - I don't understand, can you show me?
SA - He opened the bonnet and pointed at the place where the strut is bolted onto the chassis (the two circular black things at the top left and right of this image) and asked me to feel the gap between the chassis and the mount. I have no clue what to expect here but as per him there is a lot of free play.

Upon further prodding he told me that various mounts and rubber parts had worn out and that they do not replace only these worn out parts but the entire assembly itself.
He also mentioned that he had the lower arms in stock but it doesn't make sense to replace only those since the problematic suspension will nullify the effect of the new lower arms.

When asked about coverage under anytime warranty he said that only the lower arms will be covered, I need to bear the cost of rest of the components.
From what I understood, he is proposing to replace the following:
1. Front suspension assembly - link here. Approx cost Rs. 7k
2. Lower arm - link shared above, this will be covered under anytime warranty
3. Stabilizer link - part no. 8 at this link - Approx cost Rs. 1k.
Total estimate for left and right suspension - 18k. I'm not sure if this includes GST and labor.

Should I get this done?
Is the coverage of parts under anytime warranty correct? I find it strange that the lower arm is covered but not the rest of the assembly.
Old 24th January 2024, 13:07   #1359
BHPian

Recently I had a mild accident with my Honda BRV. I was standing in one of the crossings on the Sharjapur Road, a Swiggy guy with a Honda Activa was moving slowly ahead as the crossing seemed to clear out. Suddenly I heard a bang and immediately went out to check it out, but in the bright sunlight, nothing unusual caught my eyes, the car bonnet and front right side body seemed to be okay. I just asked the person to be more careful and left, as I was getting late for my son's school. After reaching school, I took a patient look at the car's front driver side wheel and the body, and then identified that the hit was on the dual tone diamond cut alloy wheels and there were at two places somewhat deep scratch. I realized that the Honda Activa had the kickstart shaft open and that had hit the wheels.

Honda BR-V : Official Review-20240120_170348.jpg

After returning back home, I took the car to Whitefield Honda to check if they can do some kind of touchup repair. They denied saying that these cannot be repaired, you have to replace the wheel completely. I was relieved to find that the same design wheels are still available and I do not need to change all 4 of them to match the design. They took my chassis number went in and came out with a surprise, it would cost me a whooping 21.5 k for one wheel. I was shocked to hear this, but later realized that the damage is hardly noticeable, so I would still continue with it. My only question which I missed to ask them is if this would be covered under insurance as I have the zero depreciation bumper to bumper insurance from ICICI Lombard.

If anyone of you can share any such experience where we can get this wheel repaired and also if this is covered fully by insurance to replace the wheel completely it would be greatly appreciated.
Old 23rd February 2024, 11:55   #1360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynacarsboy View Post
I had recently installed LED headlights on our Honda BR-V as well (only for the DRL and Low beam), I had the OSRAM T10 (for the DRLs) and the Philips Ultinon Pro 3021 (for the Low beam) this costed me about 4,200 in total a few months ago.
Wow. That's significantly cheaper than the Rs 19k I paid for the LEDs ( high and low beam set up). Even with the added illumination, it won't justify the high cost.
Old 20th March 2024, 09:00   #1361
BHPian

My son's 10th exam got over on 13th March. He and his friends had planned a trip to Coorg. Initially they had planned to travel in KSRTC Volvo, but I offered to drop them since the number fell to 6. I have always travel with 4 or 5 on board the BR-V and had never driven with 7 plus lots of luggage.

Travelled to Madikeri from Bangalore on Friday and also took the gang on sightseeing on Saturday to Dubare, Golden Temple and Nisargadhama.

I was really impressed with the way BR-V drove all through. It returned a mileage of 16 KMPL and no significant shift in handling when fully loaded.

Its sad that such a mature product failed.

Regards
chandrda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2024, 19:54   #1362

Hello everyone,
I am grateful for being a part of this great forum. I just have a question for all the experts in this group and the owners of the BRV CVT. I own an Amaze AT from the 1st generation and am pretty happy with it but looking to upgrade to a larger car with a better ground clearance. I am short of finalizing a very well maintained Pre-Owned BRV which has only done 33kms on the odometer. I am not going the new car way because I don't want to spend a huge amount on a new car with an automatic transmission.

The BRV that I am finalizing is available at a great price, the question I have is does it make sense to buy a car from 2016 in 2024. Will spares parts be an issue, the car has been well taken care of so I am very happy with that. The only thing that worries me that my FE might go for a toss with this car, I am used to getting 23-25kms average on the Amaze on the highways, with Lovato CNG kits.
I plan to fit Lovato or any other recommended/ reliable CNG kit on the BRV as well to save on fuel costs. Kindly guide me if fitting CNG on the car will nullify the use of the foldable 2nd and 3rd rows of the car. Will it be a major issue, I am looking at the BRV because of the Honda reliability, the 1500CC engine, the 210mm GC and the 6-7 seater option. I don't mind installing a roof carrier if required.

Kindly advise,

Thanks in advance
Old 7th April 2024, 06:31   #1363

Hello everyone,
I am grateful for being a part of this great forum. I just have a question for all the experts in this group and owners of the BRV CVT. I have taken the bite and gone ahead with the purchase of a Golden Brown BRV 2016 registered with just 33000kms on the odo.

The only major expense for the car now is change of tires, which I plan to get done immediately. Wanted to know whether upsizing the tires to 205/60 will have any major advantages/disadvantages with the fuel efficiency, handing, riding comfort etc. with the car?

Would you recommend me to stick to the same size as the stock tyres and what specific tyre brands would you recommend? It is fitted with Michelin tyres but they are on their last legs, becoming hard and having cracks.

Thanking you in anticipation.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 7th April 2024 at 09:09. Reason: Typos.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks