Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2021, 20:01   #1201
BHPian

Re: Honda BR-V : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartCat View Post
BR-V in 2 adults + 2 kids + 2 bicycles mode:

No need to remove front wheels (bigger cycle) and training wheels (little cycle) while transporting either.
Hi Smartcat, the seats looks awesome and plush. Can you pls tell me which brand and model this is. Also, are you able to fold the seats fully with these on.
Old 28th July 2021, 20:52   #1202
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikashmalya View Post
Hi Smartcat, the seats looks awesome and plush. Can you pls tell me which brand and model this is. Also, are you able to fold the seats fully with these on.
These seat covers are from Honda's accessories list for BR-V. The dealer charged me around Rs. 12k.

Honda BR-V : Official Review-screenshot_1.jpg

Check attached PDF file.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf honda-brv-accessories-brochure.pdf (3.58 MB, 1003 views)
SmartCat is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2021, 19:14   #1203
BHPian

Do any of you have a pdf soft copy of Honda BR-V.
I tried a lot searching for it online but couldn't get a reliable source from where I could download it.
I'd be grateful if anyone can upload it here.
Old 13th September 2021, 23:28   #1204
Team-BHP Support

After a gap of almost 2 years (thanks to Covid), we finally embarked on a 1,200 km trip:

Honda BR-V : Official Review-img_20210908_084415.jpg

Honda BR-V : Official Review-img_20210908_133249.jpg

Honda BR-V : Official Review-img_20210911_175629.jpg

Honda BR-V : Official Review-img_20210911_175719.jpg

Her strengths continue to shine through - roomy cabin & boot, feelsome/weighty/slack-free steering and smooth power delivery.

However, this time, I had ankle cramps and lower backache during the drive. That's probably because it has been so long since I've taken to the highways. Solved the ankle cramp issue by driving barefoot (serious, not kidding). Lower back pain issue was resolved by lowering the driver's seat by 50% and by reducing the recline angle of the seat back by a couple of notches.
SmartCat is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 19th September 2021, 11:27   #1205

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartCat View Post
Her strengths continue to shine through - roomy cabin & boot, feelsome/weighty/slack-free steering and smooth power delivery.
Nice summary of BrV. Ours just turned 2 years and now I am fully in sync with the machine. Now and then when I have to overtake a lorry etc, I floor the accelerator and hear the V-Tech sound - it brings a smile to the heart.

I have a question regarding Paddle Shifters. I use it mainly to do engine braking when approaching a speed breaker, or a curve and I have to down shift. It will save the wear and tear on breaks and also gives better FE - I think.

But when I do the upshifts when I am on D mode - lets say I am out of the speed breaker and want to go to the top gear quickly - when I upshift, the BRV keeps switching to the right lower gear. I know this is a CVT and gear might not be the right term.

In my earlier Honda City - I will always switch from 3rd to 5th gear - for better fuel efficiency. I thought doing the same in BRV will conserve more fuel but in D mode it is not letting that happen.

I have 2 questions

1) What is the use of the + Paddle shifter in D Mode.

2) With petrol prices 100+ - how to maximise fuel efficiency in a BrV.

Honda BR-V : Official Review-img_6866.jpeg

This is our BrV - Confidently sitting like a thug after climbing 3000+ Feet yesterday to Betta Mugilalam in Tamil Nadu.

It is a CVT Purchased Sep 2019 after turning in our good old Honda City 2006.

Last edited by Sheel : 19th September 2021 at 11:33. Reason: Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD! Thanks.
vencat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2021, 11:57   #1206
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vencat View Post
What is the use of the + Paddle shifter in D Mode.
In D mode, I use (-) paddle only for engine braking, on a long downward slope. After the road levels out, I then use the + button to get to a higher "gear", and then step on the accelerator. If you don't do this and step on the accelerator directly, progress will be jerky.

Quote:
With petrol prices 100+ - how to maximise fuel efficiency in a BrV
BRV's engine seems to have been tuned differently compared to City's. I guess it has been tuned for better low-end grunt (since BRV is designed to carry 7 passengers + luggage). Also, BRV has bigger/fatter wheels and higher coefficient of drag compared to City. All this seems to have affected its acceleration and fuel economy.

BRV's 0 to 100 kmph time is 1 second lower than City's. ARAI fuel economy too is 10% to 15% lower. Note that City & BR-V have roughly the same kerb weight.

If you need better fuel economy, you just have to drive with a light foot (do not cross 2500 to 3000 RPM while accelerating, cruise at 80 to 100 kmph etc)

Last edited by SmartCat : 19th September 2021 at 12:32.
SmartCat is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 24th September 2021, 15:56   #1207
BHPian

Hello everyone

Need help with replacing the stock halogens on my BRV V CVT.
(Searched this thread, and elsewhere on the forum, for a similar query /response but couldn't find one). Have poured through various threads on the forum like the Auto Lighting Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...-here-812.html (Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here)) but unable to get a clear answer.

I do a lot of highway runs including new and far away places (combination of hills, ghats and plains etc.).

1) What is the best combo of lights ( halogen/LED/HID) for High beam, Low beam and fog lamps ?
2) If the response above has LED/HID , then can LEDs/HIDs be installed in a halogen set up ? What should be kept in mind ?
3) Will it impact extended warranty (have it till 2023)
4) What are the brands to consider ? and any shops that you recommend to get them installed in Gurgaon or Faridabad?

Thank you in advance for your response
Old 6th October 2021, 13:45   #1208
BHPian

How is a "General Repair" entry vs. a "Periodic service" entry in Honda service records different? I am planning to buy a used BR-V at 47k km 2018 make and while checking history in Honda Connect app can see the last 2 entries as "general repair" while the ones before that are "periodic service"? All of these look like annual services and the last service was at 46k km.

I will take it to a Honda service center to confirm, but wanted to know if its any kind of a red flag. Both the "general repair" services were less than Rs. 4k.
jphukan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2021, 13:51   #1209
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphukan View Post
How is a "General Repair" entry vs. a "Periodic service" entry in Honda service records different?
Periodic service entry is the normal 'service' done either annually or based on kms covered. This usually includes engine oil change, air filter cleaning etc.

General Repair is when customer gets the car to dealer to get specific complaints fixed. Eg: bumper repair or AC repair or part replacement.
SmartCat is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 10th October 2021, 13:14   #1210
BHPian

Hi folks, recently I faced an issue with the rear wash and wipe system of my Br-V. The motor to spray water worked perfectly but there was no water coming out of the nozzle. Referred to couple of YouTube videos to understand troubleshooting methods for this particular issue.

It turns out that the nozzle gets clogged with dirt which can be fixed by piercing the nozzle using a safety pin. When I did that, some water spurted out. I had to repeat it 3-4 times, after which the water from the rear wiper's nozzle started flowing out freely.
I thought of sharing it here incase any of you are facing a similar issue.

Here are some pics of my Br-V after a recent outing.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda BR-V : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20211010-13.11.23.jpeg  

Honda BR-V : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20211010-13.10.08.jpeg  

Storm2.0 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2021, 17:14   #1211
BHPian

Will 205 / 60 / r16 tyre fit in the pan that holds the spare? I am planning to upgrade size in my BRV.
Old 22nd October 2021, 17:21   #1212
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphukan View Post
Will 205 / 60 / r16 tyre fit in the pan that holds the spare? I am planning to upgrade size in my BRV.
I'm using the standard 195/60 R16 as a spare. If I do have a puncture, I'll just drive under 80 kmph. The difference in profile is 6 mm and I think it would not seriously hamper the car's dynamics.
Old 1st November 2021, 19:51   #1213
BHPian

My brief ownership experience of Honda BR-V and a short travelogue

Hello folks, recently we headed out to Gudibande Fort, which is about 90 km from Bangalore City. This trip was planned because we could hardly find time off from work to plan long distance trips. And also, I needed an excuse to take our BR-V to the fantastic NH-7.

The route is straight forward. On has to keep going straight on NH-7 (for reference, this place ie Gudibande is about 40-45 km from Nandi Upchar Restaurant on the main highway). Travel time is approx 1.5 hours (excluding breakfast/tea breaks)

I am going to divide my experience in two parts. First my experience with the car and second about trekking to the topmost part of the fort.

The car
I was really impressed by the fact that how sure footed and confidence inspiring the handling of this car is. In straight lines its rock solid, along with reassuring performance of the brakes. I also had a blast on curvy countryside state highways which is off the main NH-7 because the steering feedback is well weighted, sharp and precise.
I was mighty impressed with the air conditioning as well, considering it was an unusually hot day in October.
I was able to cruise very comfortably on NH-7. This car kept me engaged and entertained throughout the journey, and I never felt that I was driving a SUV/station wagon/MPV (whatever you may call it).
In addition to this I would also like to point out that I found the NVH of my petrol BR-V (manual transmission) to be very acceptable. There is minimal wind and tyre noise at 110 kmph (for reference the car is shod with factory Michelin tyres which soon need replacement as they are 5+ years old and the NH-7 is a proper tar-based highway unlike the lousy concrete roads of Bangalore). I could barely feel that I was cruising at 100+. With good music most of the NVH related shortcomings are nullified.
Infact with the music off, I enjoyed listening to the engine humming (very mild but sweet sounding) while cruising and loved the way it roared while it was revved during some spirited driving.
What I like about this car is, how practical and comfortable it is. We were super exhausted after trekking. Practical features like rear seat reclining, powerful rear air conditioning, good leg room, good amount of glass area and decent stock music system, made sure that the entire journey was a comfortable one. I pity some of the Indian buyers who looked upon this car just because it lacked some unnecessary cheesy features. I am sure that the sensible lot definitely understood the true worth of this vehicle, a vehicle that is practical and mechanically robust with minimal level of complex electronic gadgets. The overall fuel efficiency was around 14 kmpl, which included a good amount of pedal to metal driving.
Would just like to share an anecdote. When we were looking for a vehicle, were shocked to see how people blindly told us to consider Venues and Sonets and discouraged us to buy a BR-V.
I do agree that it was slightly overprice but believe me, if one is considering a secondhand family car, please go for the BR-V eyes closed. There are some good deals in the market if you are looking for one.

The trekking experience-
I would like to begin this part with a word of caution ie there are many steps to reach to the top. The steps are super steep and uneven with no support railings as such. For reference it’s not a proper path like seen in Shravanabelagola or Avalabetta. Its just a set of stones stacked upon each other to make a step. In my view the climb to Avalabetta hilltop was better, with proper steps and support railings throughout. The trekking was an entertaining experience for me and my sister, but my middle-aged parents had a hard time climbing up and then coming down. I would like to salute them for being a sport and taking up this challenge though. To be honest there is nothing much to see on the hill top except for some few ruins, a view of the Gudibande town, nearby lakes and beautiful country side roads (not a lush green cover as some might experience in Avalabetta ). It’s only the trekking part which is enjoyable. The path is also cover with thick amount of vegetation. We were guided by a friendly dog and her cute little puppy all the way to the hilltop.
On the way back we decided to drop into Mudenahalli to seek blessings from Sir M Visevesariya as I have recently graduated in Bachelor of Engineering.

A perfect weather for a day picnic
Honda BR-V : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20211101-19.25.47-1.jpeg

While cruising on Bangalore-Hyderabad highway
Honda BR-V : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20211023-09.07.35.jpeg

Do not get misled by this pic, initial set of steps are proper and it slowly deteriorates during the climb.
Honda BR-V : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20211101-19.25.47.jpeg

Honda BR-V : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20211101-19.25.46-1.jpeg

Honda BR-V : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20211101-19.25.46-7.jpeg

Honda BR-V : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20211101-19.25.46-3.jpeg

Honda BR-V : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20211101-19.25.46-6.jpeg

Honda BR-V : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20211101-19.25.46-2.jpeg

It's a great feeling after conquering the hill
Honda BR-V : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20211101-19.25.45-3.jpeg

Honda BR-V : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20211101-19.25.45.jpeg

Honda BR-V : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20211101-19.25.45-4.jpeg

Honda BR-V : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20211101-19.36.48.jpeg

Mademoiselle needed some rest after accompanying us till the summit
Honda BR-V : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20211101-19.36.48-1.jpeg

At Mudenahalli
Honda BR-V : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20211101-19.25.45-2.jpeg

At Mudenahalli- The residence of India's greatest engineer
Honda BR-V : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20211101-19.25.45-1.jpeg

By this time, it was already around 2 pm and you guessed it right, we were super hungry by then. On the way back we stopped at Nanda Gokul (it’s a part of the same group which runs an outlet on Mysore Road near RR Nagar). We were back at home by 4pm along with lots of fun filled and sweet memories.
Storm2.0 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th November 2021, 00:16   #1214
BHPian

The left side wheel on the backside of my BRV is losing air while standing for long time due to pandemic. I do check the tyre pressures regularly with my Michelin Manual Tyre Inflator, but I see that his tyre loses more air compared to the other three. Two years before this wheel got a slight hit on a pavement and the alloy wheels got little scratches. I checked with Honda service center and they said no problem at all.

Does anyone in the forum has any idea what could be the problem ? Could it be because of a problem with the pin of the tyre nozzle ?

Any help would be highly appreciated.
indranilmuk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2021, 18:56   #1215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indranilmuk View Post
The left side wheel on the backside of my BRV is losing air while standing for long time due to pandemic.

Any help would be highly appreciated.
I strongly suggest that you visit a competent tyre shop to get it checked and fixed.

Got new set of shoes for my BR-V

My BR-V was running on 5 year old stock Michelin tyres, which had covered around 46k km in last 4 years.
The tyres have developed minute cracks on treads. Recently I inspected the sidewall which showed deterioration and a small crack, triggering the decision to change tyres. Also I have a long road trip coming up this coming week (will post a travelogue). Hence I decided to get it swapped with 205/R16/60 from Goodyear. I must say it has really improved the stance of the car. This tyre spec is more easily available and surprisingly costs nearly same as 195 R16 tyres.
Special thanks to Smartcat for answering my queries regarding upgradation of tyres to a wider size.
Will post pics of new tyres on my car soon. Couldn't get a nice pic as it was raining pretty heavily today.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda BR-V : Official Review-20211111_131645.jpg  

Storm2.0 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks