Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2021, 13:51   #1186
BHPian

Re: Honda BR-V : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessie007 View Post
One thing I forgot to mention. It was quite noisy on the highway. More of wind noise, than engine noise. Didn't expect this from a million plus rupees vehicle
I totally agree with you. I am not sure, may be because of the built of the road, at places on the highway, the car did get noisy, but in other parts, it is more silent. I have also not been able to identify the reason.

In my case, I went to Hyderabad and back, I got around 17.1 kmpl on the petrol manual BRV (VX model).
indranilmuk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2021, 14:28   #1187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indranilmuk View Post
I totally agree with you. I am not sure, may be because of the built of the road, at places on the highway, the car did get noisy, but in other parts, it is more silent. I have also not been able to identify the reason.

In my case, I went to Hyderabad and back, I got around 17.1 kmpl on the petrol manual BRV (VX model).
I observed that it was bit more noisy on Goodyears than my current MRF Perfinza. I think most of the noise is because of not so proper insulation.
arun_kun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2021, 11:33   #1188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_kun View Post
I observed that it was bit more noisy on Goodyears than my current MRF Perfinza. I think most of the noise is because of not so proper insulation.
I am using the Micheline tires which came by default with the car.
Old 19th March 2021, 12:57   #1189

My Brv at 44 K in 4yrs and 8months. A leak is detected in the engine bay. SC checked it and found to be leaking drive shaft and qouted ₹8000 for replacement.
Top and bottom view.
Honda BR-V : Official Review-img_20210319_111226.jpg

Honda BR-V : Official Review-img_20210316_105402.jpg

Any insight on this.

A better view of the drive shaft.
Honda BR-V : Official Review-img_20210319_165702.jpg

Last edited by Sheel : 19th March 2021 at 17:53. Reason: Back to back posts.
skn1980 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2021, 11:08   #1190
Team-BHP Support

Jalopnik has a rather flattering article on Honda BR-V

The Honda BR-V Is The Little Big Car You Never Knew You Wanted
https://jalopnik.com/the-honda-br-v-...1846645953/amp
SmartCat is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 5th June 2021, 17:22   #1191
BHPian

Friends, I am having a peculiar problem with my BRV from Day 1 ( Bought in Dec'16). On AC, with inside circulation on, all windows tightly closed - some outside smells always seeps into the cabin. Typically happens on higher blower speeds. A bit strange to explain - Not all smells but say if you pass a fire, then you get the smoke smell inside.

Or Mumbai guys can correlate - If you cross the Mahim creek, the typical smell does seep in. Could be a problem in the AC or the inside/outside circulation system ?

Have raised with Solitaire Honda on every servicing, but they can't find a solution. Most of the times they just don't acknowledge or understand the problem.

Can anyone throw some light ? Or maybe I am hyper ! .
Old 6th June 2021, 00:45   #1192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishpotdar View Post
Friends, I am having a peculiar problem with my BRV from Day 1 ( Bought in Dec'16). On AC, with inside circulation on, all windows tightly closed - some outside smells always seeps into the cabin. Typically happens on higher blower speeds. A bit strange to explain - Not all smells but say if you pass a fire, then you get the smoke smell inside.

Or Mumbai guys can correlate - If you cross the Mahim creek, the typical smell does seep in. Could be a problem in the AC or the inside/outside circulation system ?

Have raised with Solitaire Honda on every servicing, but they can't find a solution. Most of the times they just don't acknowledge or understand the problem.

Hey mate, whatever you have mentioned is a bit strange since I haven’t experienced such an issue in my BRV till now. It could be due to the recirculation mode not working correctly as some air might be leaking from the external vents as well. Something similar to what Thar owners are experiencing with the windshield dehumidifier vent leaking air even it’s not engaged.

Try with a different ASS or a FNG. All the best.
abhikb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th June 2021, 09:10   #1193
BHPian

Quote:

What you are observing is normal and in some sense essential. As far as I know, even if we keep it 100% recirculation, there is always a percentage ( say about 5%) of fresh air mixed by design . This is done to ensure the air quality is maintained inside the cabin. Imagine a scenario, where the recirculation is 100% with no fresh air and what happens to the air composition after repeated recirculation . Will you have the same oxygen levels etc?

Also, at high blower speeds, the absolute amount of fresh air increases and hence when you pass a fire , the smoke smell seeps.

Since this is observed from Day 1, in my opinion , there is no need to worry.
Doo_Dev is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th June 2021, 10:56   #1194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It is present in all the cars we have owned till date and is absolutely normal. In my personal experience, cars with automatic climate control have marginally higher seepage of these odours compared to cars with manual AC. It could be because the auto AC system is configured to bring in some fresh air intermittently to maintain the quality of cabin air.

I have witnessed this in Maruti and FIAT cars myself. Yours is a Honda. Multiple cars across different platforms/manufacturers couldn’t be faulty so be assured that it is normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhikb View Post
Hey mate, whatever you have mentioned is a bit strange since I haven’t experienced such an issue in my BRV till now.
Out of curosity, does you car have manual AC or auto AC? Even cars with manual AC also get these odours seeped in anyway. Could be that you are lucky to have escaped noticing this in your car.
PaddleShifter is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2021, 12:20   #1195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post

Out of curosity, does you car have manual AC or auto AC? Even cars with manual AC also get these odours seeped in anyway. Could be that you are lucky to have escaped noticing this in your car.
Mine has an Auto AC, it could be possible that I might have not noticed it but then I checked with my Father also who drives it daily, he too nodded negative. Anyways we might not have a strong nose to notice it
abhikb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2021, 15:32   #1196
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post

Mine is an Auto AC. Model is V CVT. Thanks for all the replies. Guess the smell seeping in is a normal thing !
ashishpotdar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2021, 18:25   #1197
BHPian

Hello folks,
Wanted to share my happiness with you all. We are proud owners of a Honda BR-V now.
It's a used vehicle, driven around 45k km from 2017. It was a bitter sweet moment for us, as on one hand we were getting a new (used) car home and on other hand we had to let go of our beloved 13 year old Honda City Zx.
Our BR-V is the petrol i-vtec S MT variant which does not get bling and other equipments but that's not something we care about much. We wanted a relatively modern, reliable and practical car, fitting our limited budget and requirements well.
Will upload some pics soon

Last but not the least a big big thank you to all you BR-V owners. Your experiences and detailed accounts of the same helped us make this decision.
Storm2.0 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th July 2021, 11:24   #1198

Due to lockdown the car battery had drained and I had to get help to jump start. That’s the time I realised CVTs do not move an inch if there is no power. This is a 2019 BRV CVT.

Have 2 questions.

1. Is the handbrake still needed when we switch off the car. I had a Honda city manual for 13 years and I am used to always applying hand brake after switching off.

2. Let’s say car is in basement and the tow r truck cannot enter the basement. How will the car be towed?
vencat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2021, 11:39   #1199
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vencat View Post
Due to lockdown the car battery had drained and I had to get help to jump start.
Happened to me twice (during both lockdowns)

Quote:
That’s the time I realised CVTs do not move an inch if there is no power. Have 2 questions.
Confused. Are these two questions related to drained battery issue? Why would you need a tow truck if battery is dead? There are a number of "battery jumpstart" services everywhere (just lookup Justdial.com or Google). Guy comes home on a bike, jumpstarts the car and charges anywhere between Rs. 200 to Rs. 300 for the service.

Quote:
1. Is the handbrake still needed when we switch off the car. I had a Honda city manual for 13 years and I am used to always applying hand brake after switching off.
On the street, I use the handbrake but not when it is parked in the garage

Quote:
2. Let’s say car is in basement and the tow r truck cannot enter the basement. How will the car be towed?
All automatics have a shift lock mechanism that can be released & gear lever can be shifted from P to N if the battery is dead. In Honda's case, you have to to open the tiny slot on the base of the gear lever. Use a key or a coin to pry open the slot.

Honda BR-V : Official Review-hondabrv09.jpg

Hyundai has made it even easier by providing the 'shift lock release' button. My Venue DCT:

Honda BR-V : Official Review-2019hyundaivenue16.jpg

Maruti too has provided a button for this (from my old A-star AT):

Honda BR-V : Official Review-dsc02071.jpg

Last edited by SmartCat : 24th July 2021 at 13:42.
SmartCat is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 25th July 2021, 07:34   #1200

Thanks for the reply. Yes both questions are not related.

I did not know about the small slot to release the lock. Will try it sometime. If car refuses to start in some traffic signal I should know what to do.
vencat is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks