Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2019, 08:46   #1036
BHPian

Re: Honda BR-V : Official Review

Hi,
What are the suggested modifications for a brand new BR-V. Like sound insulation ?
Can someone please list them out. It'll be great help.
Thanks.
Fissilalan
Old 31st March 2019, 16:52   #1037

Quote:
Originally Posted by fossilalan View Post
Hi,
What are the suggested modifications for a brand new BR-V. Like sound insulation ?
Thanks.
Fissilalan
The spares that one needs to get for the brv is quite subjective.
Some of the spares that come to mind are
1. Car door guard [to prevent the door from hitting the garage walls]
2. LED Foot lights in blue
3. Magnetic window sun shades
4. Rain guards for windows
5. Brv stainless steel footstep door sill plate [just fancy- no utility value]
6. Car door handle guard [never got it, but regret seeing the finger nail scratches now]
7. 4D floor mats [very much worth it]
8. Sound proofing [I never got it done as my ears aren’t as fine as smartcat’s!!]
9. Car body cover [In case you park outside and not in a garage]
10. Rear view camera/sensor [a must for a long brv]
11. Seat covers
12. Stainless steel rear bumper guard [front guards are banned in Tamilnadu]
13. Mobile holder for GPS/phone
14. Car roof luggage carrier – if you intend to do long drives with the family

For those you you planning on a brv, I got mine in 2016 and have no regrets. It surely is overpriced by about 1.5-2 lakhs but on all other counts has satisfied me enormously. I have a manual petrol and it gives me 16 to 16.4kmpl. I use it exclusively for long holiday drives like Vellore [tamilnadu] to Kanha national park [MP]. The great ground clearance has meant I have never touched a speed breaker!! The 3 rows mean each of my 2 kids has an entire row and space for themselves. The large boot comfortably takes 2 large size suitcases standing up with additional space to spare for a small bag or 2. I intend to keep it for 8 plus years and so dont worry about the resale!! The acceleration is very responsive and it really hugs the curves even at speeds of 80-100. The braking is good and effective at speeds less than 80kmph, considering that in the place I live people just dart in unexpectedly at any time; and the braking has saved me the blush!! The narrow side to side profile means it can squeeze through where the innova cant. This helps with overtaking on roads which are just wide enough for 3 cars. The once yearly service makes it convenient and thus far I have not had any technical issues with the car. Cheers!!
John Roshan is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 31st March 2019, 23:38   #1038
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fossilalan View Post
Hi,
Thanks.
Fissilalan
See if you are interested in the handrest. Seems to have good storage and they have thought about the other use cases as well. Came across this when I was searching. You can have a look at the video and the link to aliexpress. I have absolutely no clue about the quality though.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/For-...868484504.html

@DiMaGo - A bit off-topic, but I am still thinking between this one and the Ertiga FYI. Got a call from the dealer. More updates on that front if any will be on the Ertiga thread.
krackr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st April 2019, 00:12   #1039
BHPian

Thank you John Roshan and krackr for your good inputs.
Any reason why no one is talking about the electronic/ electric anti-rusting.
I'm not an expert, but I understand that a low voltage current is connected to the body metal and it prevents rusting. Is it true and feasible for Honda BR-V. . ?
If possible, is it worth it . . ?
Thanks.
Fissilalan
Old 4th April 2019, 11:35   #1040
Team-BHP Support

In the past few months, we have made multiple highway trips with 2 adults in the 3rd row. This is the right way to do it:

Step 1: Recline the 3rd row seats all the way, and pull up the headrests. Maximum recline is very crucial for comfort.

Honda BR-V : Official Review-img_20190404_110557.jpg

Step 2: Get a roof rack and AmazonBasics roof bag. As you can see from above picture, reclining 3rd row seats cuts down usable bootspace by up to 30%. You can no longer stack large bags one above the other, nor can you place large bags vertically.

Honda BR-V : Official Review-img_20190403_163355.jpg

Not the best time (national elections) to drive around like this though. We were stopped atleast 10 times by cops. One cop even asked "Mele cash ittkondiddira?" (are you carrying cash up there?) . We were not harassed though - they took one look inside (typical large family) and let us go.

Step 3: Move the middle row seat all the way forward. It can still accommodate sub-6 foot passengers. Make sure the recline angle of middle row seats is comfortable but not excessive, because this affects the comfort of 3rd row passengers.

Step 4: To ensure that middle row seat on passenger side tumbles forward smoothly, the front passenger seat should be pushed forward a wee bit.

Step 5: Ask the 3rd row passengers to wear light footwear so that their feet can slide under the middle row seat

Honda BR-V : Official Review-img_20190404_110916.jpg

You are all set. If possible, take breaks every 2 hours so that 3rd row passengers can stretch their legs.

Last edited by SmartCat : 4th April 2019 at 11:44.
SmartCat is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th April 2019, 16:12   #1041
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartCat View Post
Since you two have driven both Ertiga and BRV, how do they match up in -

- Ride quality
- Handling/ steering / braking (overall "feel" of driving)
- Acceleration / city driveability
- Ergonomics/ seat comfort
On a different note, I'm quite impressed by the BR-V after a recent trip of mine. Owing to other commitments and a hard stop of reaching the Mohaan gate of Jim Corbett at 10 pm, I completed a 7.5 hour trip in 6 hours. Constantly drove in the S mode and sailed through undulations on the highway. The fuel economy suffered (9-10 km), but handling was absolutely fantastic.

Travelogue with dash cam footage is coming up as soon as I get some free time.
sdaityari is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th April 2019, 10:34   #1042
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartCat View Post
Attention: Honda BR-V CVT owners! Your service center is probably ignoring Honda's own maintenance checklist.
That's exactly what had happened with my BRV too. Would you believe that I had texted Mr. SA exactly what all activities needs to be done (in addition to what they thought was required) but they skipped this and few others.

Also, I didn't buy the additional 2 year warranty over existing one of 3 years as there's another year to go and nothing discounted (like my VW’s trap) to fall for.

Never-mind, onto the core responsibility of the Hunter – Hunting. So, with kids' exams et al over and weather reminding of fast closing window of spring, it was time to drive. The Labrador too needed a break as he was showing signs of sheer boredom like letting us sleep by not barking at some ghost during middle of the night or not spoiling the cleanliness of drawing room; few everyday hallmarks of this breed.

Hesitatingly ignored HP as that's been our usual hunting ground and instead decided to visit little known towns in U.K- Sattal (seven lakes), Bhimtal (Pandava- Bhim connection) & famous Nainital (tal means Lake in hindi). At the end of 3 days it would be total of 976 Kms driven, after having enjoyed these fresh water lakes that are in the valleys surrounded by hills and thick greenery all around and having sucked in much needed pure O2 into my lungs with temperature in the range of 7-20C during the month of March.

So it was the day of Holi I had planned to leave thinking the traffic would be less but never knew there won't even be a dog crossing the road. With no restaurants also open food items were rationed in the car. The Marie cookies meant for the pet were gladly consumed by humans (and he could only whine). Covered the onward journey, a distance of ~400kms in about 7 hours.

Let's see some pics.

Early morning escape from the city

Honda BR-V : Official Review-img_20190321_050849.jpg

Driving into the Sunrise and let the pet sniff fresh highway scents
Honda BR-V : Official Review-img_20190321_065826.jpg

Honda BR-V : Official Review-img_20190321_065958.jpg

Pet friendly Hotel Country Inn Sattal
Honda BR-V : Official Review-img_20190322_102341.jpg

Honda BR-V : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20190328-4.07.28-pm.jpeg

Lakes, So.. Ducks, Boating, kayaking

Honda BR-V : Official Review-img_20190321_182921.jpg

Honda BR-V : Official Review-img_20190323_155716.jpg

Honda BR-V : Official Review-img_20190323_161640.jpg

Honda BR-V : Official Review-img_20190322_120415.jpg

And.. We climbed the darn Hill to the very top and I at 44 didn't do bad. Gasping, tired but unstoppable, we all were.
Honda BR-V : Official Review-img_20190322_100310.jpg
Honda BR-V : Official Review-img_20190322_100711.jpg
Honda BR-V : Official Review-img_20190322_100731.jpg

Due to very limited network connectivity, plenty of time to do other stuff I am wannabe at, like karoake, photography. What's this pic Mr. Wangdu ?
Honda BR-V : Official Review-img_20190322_192152.jpg

and then feeling in rude mental health it was time to drive down from the hills and head back home.

Honda BR-V : Official Review-img_20190324_110957.jpg

Driving with a train alongside, priceless..
Honda BR-V : Official Review-img_20190321_071840.jpg

Last edited by wangdu : 5th April 2019 at 10:41.
wangdu is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 7th April 2019, 14:17   #1043
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangdu View Post
and then feeling in rude mental health it was time to drive down from the hills and head back home.

Attachment 1865782
Quick Question: Have Gurgaon ever fined you for not having HSRP on your car?
Old 8th April 2019, 10:06   #1044
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdaityari View Post
Quick Question: Have Gurgaon ever fined you for not having HSRP on your car?
Luckily no. But that's mostly due to laid back attitude of cops on the routes I frequent, I think (Never been bothered in Faridabad as well). But one day I was stopped twice on golf link road and at both check posts they asked for PUC but no mention about the HSRP plate.

It's just the thought of annoying RTO procedure that makes me procrastinate it.
Old 8th April 2019, 15:13   #1045
BHPian

My friend is about to book a BR-V petrol CVT in BLR in the next day or 2.

Flat Rs 2 lakh off, on the 2018 models and for 2019 CVT top-end, the offer was insurance worth Rs 33,000 + cash discount of Rs 30,000 and Rs 20,000 worth of accessories.This is without exchange of my friends car.

Since there is no change in 2018 and 2019 models, my friend is looking to finalise the 2018 model, if the car was built between Oct-Dec 2018. \

The BR-V does come across as a very sensible and practical car and at approx Rs 14.2 lakh on-road BLR for 2018 V CVT petrol (after discount), does make it better value.

I really feel that if Honda had priced the BR-V sensibly from day 1, it would have been a sales success.

Last edited by Redline6800 : 8th April 2019 at 15:14.
Redline6800 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th April 2019, 18:22   #1046
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline6800 View Post
My friend is about to book a BR-V petrol CVT in BLR in the next day or 2.

Flat Rs 2 lakh off, on the 2018 models and for 2019 CVT top-end, the offer was insurance worth Rs 33,000 + cash discount of Rs 30,000 and Rs 20,000 worth of accessories.This is without exchange of my friends car.
I'm surprised they still have a 2018 CVT model. I enquired in second week of January and there was no model in the plant. Only TD vehicles were available and I wasn't too keen on them. I confirmed this from multiple dealers in Delhi.

If your friend does buy a 2018 model, please confirm if it's a TD vehicle.
Old 11th April 2019, 15:30   #1047
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdaityari View Post
I'm surprised they still have a 2018 CVT model.
You are absolutely right.

My friend received wrong information from one of the dealers.

The only 2018 models are manuals in petrol and diesel.

That said, the dealers appear keen to give him a good deal. So my friend is going ahead with the purchase of a BRV V CVT 2019 model (car made in March he says).

I will update on the final deal he closes.
Redline6800 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2019, 18:08   #1048
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline6800 View Post
You are absolutely right.

My friend received wrong information from one of the dealers.

The only 2018 models are manuals in petrol and diesel.

That said, the dealers appear keen to give him a good deal. So my friend is going ahead with the purchase of a BRV V CVT 2019 model (car made in March he says).

I will update on the final deal he closes.
Any update on the deal being offered? I was going to check at a Hyderabad showroom (Pride Honda) for BR-V offers this month. I am in the middle of hunting for a new car with a budget of around 12-14 lakhs.
Old 18th May 2019, 17:16   #1049
BHPian

So my friend did end up picking up his B-RV V CVT from Whitefield Honda.

If I remember, correctly, the final deal was for 15.36 OTR Bangalore, with an additional 30k of Honda accessories thrown in. I found the Honda accessories to be decently priced and of good quality too.

Needless to say, they love the car !

I must say, that I found it to be an immensely practical, spacious and comfortable vehicle. Paint finish is real good, comes with Michelin tyres and decently equipped I feel.

The good part is the facelift now launched in Thailand is very minor, so one will not miss out buying this model.

However, I feel that it is overpriced by Rs 1,00,000.

Accesories list is attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda BR-V : Official Review-brv-accessories.png  

Redline6800 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th May 2019, 09:54   #1050
BHPian

Hello Friends ,

I am in the market looking for a car with the best rear seat confort . I am buying this for my wife whose daily commute is in the range of 70-80 km for work . We have a driver so rear seat confort and comfortable /stable ride quality is must .

Yesterday we went to check out Hyundai Venue and found rear seat cramped . We also looked at Verna and i20 .

Just wanted to check the opinion on this forum is you would suggest BRV for my requirement and if yes then which model ?

We would go to check out Baleno , Honda Amaze and Swift as well today .

She had been using 2006 Swift Lxi so far .

Thanks in advance for your advise .

Regards

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks