Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2018, 09:27   #976
Team-BHP Support

Re: Honda BR-V : Official Review

A few minor updates:

1) The tailgate has started rattling. It makes a brrrr sound when the car goes over rumble strips or broken roads. But not on other road imperfections.

2) Paid Rs. 14,500 for third year insurance from Bajaj Allianz. IDV is around Rs. 9 Lakhs. Zero depreciation costs Rs. 10,000 more, which I did not opt for.

3) Did the same school/grocery run that my A-star AT does - 4 kms between start and stop. BRV AT has about 5% higher fuel efficiency than A-star AT.

Honda BR-V : Official Review-img_20180713_191115.jpg

4) Having magic seats-like partitioned cargo area (instead of flat boot floor) is not so bad after all. You can keep muddy pots away from other stuff.

Honda BR-V : Official Review-img_20180714_135446.jpg

Honda BR-V : Official Review-img_20180714_133242.jpg

Honda BR-V : Official Review-img_20180714_134709.jpg

Honda BR-V : Official Review-img_20180714_135514.jpg

Last edited by SmartCat : 15th July 2018 at 09:29.
SmartCat is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 15th July 2018, 10:51   #977
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
1) The tailgate has started rattling. It makes a brrrr sound when the car goes over rumble strips or broken roads. But not on other road imperfections.
I noticed that in BR-V the rear number plate is part of the tail gate. So just wondering if you checked if the vibrations from number plate are causing this? May be paste a double sided tape on all four corners behind number plate and check once?

Other possibility could be the door lock hook area. Apply some grease (to test) and check if noise reduces or even wrap a layer of insulation tape over the hook and check. If noise gets arrested by this, the get the tail gate lock aligned at the ASC.
paragsachania is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th July 2018, 19:53   #978
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
I noticed that in BR-V the rear number plate is part of the tail gate. So just wondering if you checked if the vibrations from number plate are causing this? May be paste a double sided tape on all four corners behind number plate and check once?

Other possibility could be the door lock hook area. Apply some grease (to test) and check if noise reduces or even wrap a layer of insulation tape over the hook and check.
Problem resolved! I did both actually -

1) Applied insulation tape over tailgate hook and also 2nd/3rd row seat hooks.

2) Double sided tape was missing on one side and on the other side, the metal number plate was not touching the tape at all. So I applied two strips of double sided tape on both ends, and also bottom of the plate.

Honda BR-V : Official Review-img_20180715_185903.jpg
SmartCat is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2018, 07:32   #979
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
Back from a 1,400 km Home - Mysore Road - Wayanad - Madikeri route - Mangalore/Suratkal/Udupi - Charmadi ghat - Home trip, with 4 adults, 2 kids and luggage for 7 days. Fuel economy was just 13 kmpl because of narrow & winding roads, medium to heavy traffic and large load.

We then fled to Mangalore in Sports Mode thanks to Nipah virus scare. Wayanad to Madikeri drive is a 10 out of 10, especially if it is drizzling! Meanwhile, my in-laws' place in Mangalore was all green because of recent rains.

On our way back home, a tragedy of sorts struck a few kilometres before Nelamangala - a debilitating tyre puncture at 9:00 PM. Now, in my 20 years 200,000 kms driving experience, I never had to change a tyre. I have had punctures before - but thanks to tubeless tyres and electric pump, all I did was fill up and scoot to the nearest tyre shop. But this particular puncture completely flattened the tyre.

It took me around 20 minutes to change the tyre. But after changing the tyre, I drove at 60 kmph all the way home - because I had this strange fear that the tyre would fall off! I really don't trust myself when it comes to mechanical repair work.

Next day:

Some nutcase probably placed this bolt on the highway intentionally. Now after a mushroom patch, the tyre has been moved to stepney duties. How reliable is a mushroom patch? Replace this tyre or let it be?

Very pleasant mini-travelogue smartcat & the accompanying captures tell their own story. I felt a definite resonance as I read the bit about the puncture & the repair! I had a very similar fear when I used to wait for the report of the bi-annual medical tests while I was still in harness! I would make all kinds of rash promises to myself (will never eat so many Bengali sweets nor so many kathi rolls ever again) - and the sense of super relief when the report came out OK!

I am old-fashioned about tyres & have so far stuck to tubes & tyres together. Your experience of not changing a tyre in 20 years gives me courage & I might change over to tube-less too!

Last edited by shashanka : 22nd July 2018 at 07:34.
shashanka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2018, 12:26   #980
Senior - BHPian

Honda has launched a B-RV Style Edition for the upcoming festive season on all variants at no additional cost. News Link (https://www.cardekho.com/india-car-n...lakh-22271.htm)

Honda BR-V : Official Review-hondabrvstyleedition132732.jpg

Honda has launched a special edition of the BR-V in India to mark the beginning of the festive season. Known as the BR-V Style Edition, it includes exterior accessories at no extra cost over the regular SUV. The Style Edition is available on all BR-V variants except E MT, which is the base variant offered with the petrol-manual powertrain. The add-ons available on the BR-V Style Edition include the following:

Honda BR-V : Official Review-hondabrvstyleedition-style-emblem.jpg
1. Special Edition Emblem

Honda BR-V : Official Review-hondabrvstyleeditionbumper-guard.jpg
2. Front Guard

Honda BR-V : Official Review-hondabrvstyleeditiontail-gate-spoiler.jpg
3. Tailgate Spoiler

Honda BR-V : Official Review-hondabrvstyleeditionbody-side-moulding.jpg
4. Body Side Moulding

Honda BR-V : Official Review-hondabrvstyleeditionbumper-protector.jpg
Honda BR-V : Official Review-hondabrvstyleeditionrear-bumper-protector.jpg
5. Front & Rear Bumper Protector

The cumulative cost of the above mentioned equipment, as per a Honda authorised dealer, is in excess of Rs 35,000. Apart from the special edition emblem, all these accessories are also offered separately at Honda’s dealerships.

Prices

HONDA BR-V STYLE EDITION VARIANTS

S MT (petrol / diesel)

Rs 10.44 lakh / Rs 11.79 lakh

V MT (petrol / diesel)

Rs 11.59 lakh / Rs 12.65 lakh

VX MT (petrol / diesel)

Rs 12.63 lakh / Rs 13.74 lakh

V CVT (petrol / diesel)

Rs 12.77 lakh / NA

The BR-V is Honda’s attempt at cracking the compact SUV space.
Old 13th August 2018, 15:49   #981

All of this are only cosmetic add - ons. I would prefer the cash discount than this add-ons.
Old 26th August 2018, 01:03   #982
Team-BHP Support

Back from a quick trip to Jog Falls.

Honda BR-V : Official Review-img_20180824_184424.jpg

Honda BR-V : Official Review-img_20180824_184155.jpg

Actually, Google Maps took us to the "second" viewpoint, a km beyond the bridge over Sharavathi river:

Honda BR-V : Official Review-jogfalls.jpg

But the view was even better!

Honda BR-V : Official Review-img_20180824_180916.jpg

Meanwhile, at Shimoga zoo, this car enthusiast looked sad - probably because Honda will be launching the new 7 seater CR-V diesel in 120 BHP guise, instead of more potent 160 BHP version.

Honda BR-V : Official Review-img_20180825_114515.jpg
SmartCat is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 5th September 2018, 15:42   #983
BHPian

Honda BR-V, V CVT,. Company advised accessory for rear camera with central display is Rs.55000.
Can we fit a rear camera with display with IRVM. ?
Old 10th September 2018, 16:15   #984
BHPian

I have ordered LEDs for my Headlights from AliExpress. H11 for projectors and HB3 for high beam.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/CNSU...6da74c4d7wRj85

Awaiting delivery. Will update once received and installed with pics.
Old 10th September 2018, 17:24   #985

I have a company fitted IRVM display unit which is working fine.
Old 16th September 2018, 17:55   #986
BHPian

How much did it cost and from where. . ?
Old 16th September 2018, 17:58   #987
BHPian

My Brand new Honda BR-V, CVT, Modern Steel colour, is expected in two days. Bare minimum. What functional accessories are recommended. . ?
Please advise. . . .
Old 20th September 2018, 12:29   #988
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fossilalan View Post
My Brand new Honda BR-V, CVT, Modern Steel colour, is expected in two days. Bare minimum. What functional accessories are recommended. . ?
Please advise. . . .
Congrats!.

Accessories recommended:
1. Seat covers
2. Rear parking camera (if you can do with senors then that's great)
I have the display mounted on top of IRVM (in addition to display on AVN unit) and with that the lights shine on the IRVM at night (can't use the day/night flip). And it has become lose :(
So, avoid accessory that needs fitting on IRVM.
3. Five Mats (from Amazon) - front, middle, rear and boot
4. mud flaps
5. Front and rear bumper protectors
6. Air filter: Not sure if that's coming from factory already but mine doesn't have it. Will need to have it fixed in upcoming service.
7. No Arm rest - it will make the central bottle holder useless. I find this very convenient. You can get this from outside if needed ~1.5-2k

Happy miles!

Last edited by wangdu : 20th September 2018 at 12:30. Reason: typo
wangdu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2018, 17:40   #989
BHPian

Thank you so much. Will follow. The front and rear bumper protector. . . are they available outside, or do I HAVE TO ask the Company fitment. It's more than 20 K.
Which is the best position for placing the 4.3" monitor for rest camera, if you don't opt for touch AVN system. .
Thank you for your inputs. God Bless.
Old 21st September 2018, 15:08   #990
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fossilalan View Post
Thank you so much. Will follow. The front and rear bumper protector. . . are they available outside, or do I HAVE TO ask the Company fitment. It's more than 20 K.
Which is the best position for placing the 4.3" monitor for rest camera, if you don't opt for touch AVN system. .
Thank you for your inputs. God Bless.
wow! 20k for bumper protectos. Well, dealer makes $ on these accessories is well known. Yes these are available outside and online within 10k. Pls. google (visionhonda.com is one such)

'rest' camera ? sorry. Do you mean reverse parking camera? if I hadn't opted for AVN I would be fine just with reverse parking sensors. My kid was crazy for touch AVN hence. So, either it's the AVN screen or on top of IRVM per my know-how; unless car decor shops have any thoughts.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks