Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2017, 10:40   #871
BHPian

Re: Honda BR-V : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Horse View Post
2. What sort of body cover do you recommend ? Asking because of the SPINDLY antenna. If it was the shark fin type I would'nt have worried.

Thanks once again for your highly informative posts.
Actually, you can remove the spindly antenna when you want to put cover on the car. That way you can pick any of the covers you like without worrying about bending the protruding antenna. I didn't know it can be removed until recently so now I just put the antenna back in place when needed. Cheers!
wangdu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2017, 11:05   #872
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangdu View Post
Actually, you can remove the spindly antenna when you want to put cover on the car.
Thanks Wangdu. Is the antenna a screw on type ? If so, this sounds like a great solution.
Old 13th November 2017, 11:18   #873
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Wangdu. Is the antenna a screw on type ? If so, this sounds like a great solution.
Yes, it is unless they have changed it recently.
wangdu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2017, 14:57   #874
BHPian

Quote:
I'm thinking of changing my antenna to a shark fin one used in Honda City.
Like to know if anybody has done that and what has been the experience.
Quite a few chaps have done that it seems, a friend of mine used the shark fin ones available in all BRV colors on amazon.in, and his initial feedback was quite good. Others had apprehensions about the radio reception quality, but he said he could not notice any difference.

PS: My car was delivered last year when I was out of country, hence I had bought this cover from amazon, worked well for the 2 months it was under wraps, but my dad did get an extra belt sewed onto it as it came with just one belt which was proving insufficient under windy conditions for such a lengthy car! Since my dad had put it on, he didn't check about the spindly antenna issue, and I have not noticed any problems with radio reception for a year now since then!

Galaxy G7 Car Body Cover-Honda BRV, about INR 800 /-

Last edited by Hvt77 : 17th November 2017 at 15:03.
Hvt77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2017, 17:42   #875
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hvt77 View Post
Quite a few chaps have done that it seems, a friend of mine used the shark fin ones available in all BRV colors on amazon.in, and his initial feedback was quite good. Others had apprehensions about the radio reception quality, but he said he could not notice any difference.
Don't want to risk buying from Amazon. I've asked the dealer to use the one they use for Honda City. Off course it will be a much more expensive but worth it I would imagine. The dealer has quoted Rs 4500/- for the job and colour match as well. Off course my SA told me that in some cases it has not worked well.

So,apart from the body cover issue, the shark fin antenna is aesthetically more pleasing.
Old 17th November 2017, 18:22   #876
BHPian

Quote:
Don't want to risk buying from Amazon. I've asked the dealer to use the one they use for Honda City. Off course it will be a much more expensive but worth it I would imagine. The dealer has quoted Rs 4500/- for the job and colour match as well. Off course my SA told me that in some cases it has not worked well.

So,apart from the body cover issue, the shark fin antenna is aesthetically more pleasing.
Totally agree, it looks much better aesthetically too, and always good to get it done by the dealer!

But, either your dealer is more amenable to your suggestions, having had a such a long association with you, or maybe Honda has recently allowed them to do that (put the City's shark fin on the BRV), cos when I had asked them about the same a year back, they had said its not on the official list of accessories and hence they cannot put it!

Let me ask my guy once more next time I go there! :-)
Hvt77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2017, 18:58   #877
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hvt77 View Post
Let me ask my guy once more next time I go there! :-)
Who's your dealer. Mine is Western Honda.
Old 20th November 2017, 11:44   #878
BHPian

No more "Why not an automatic?" question . In addition free marketing the fact that Honda does have a BRV Automatic.

Ebay
Attached Thumbnails
Honda BR-V : Official Review-20171119_165221.jpg  

Honda BR-V : Official Review-20171119_165232.jpg  

Honda BR-V : Official Review-20171119_165242.jpg  

wangdu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th December 2017, 09:21   #879
Team-BHP Support

Some quality / cost cutting issues to report:

The chrome at the front is not your typical chrome plating over metal after all. It is plastic, with paint over it. A flying stone chipped off the paint revealing grey plastic

Honda BR-V : Official Review-img_20171212_084429.jpg

The plastic clip on the AC slider has fallen off. Oddly, I'm not able to find it anywhere inside the car either.

Honda BR-V : Official Review-img_20171212_085544.jpg

When a heavy set person sits on it, the middle row seat (behind front passenger seat) makes a creaking sound on bad roads.

Honda BR-V : Official Review-img_20171212_084447.jpg

Other than that, all is well. 16,000 kms done, mostly on highways.

Honda BR-V : Official Review-img_20171212_084507.jpg
SmartCat is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th December 2017, 09:24   #880
BHPian

Update on my BRV:

Got the 3rd service done at 11 months (9000kms) as BRV has serious mile munching to do over Christmas/New year (5000+kms) starting from Faridabad/NCR to PB, back to NCR and then down to Bangalore via Bombay and back.

In addition to Oil & filter change, I asked the air filter to be changed much to mechanic's surprise. I showed him the strands coming off the filter and despite his cleaning with air it still felt bit dirty. God, how could an OCD'd petrol head let engine choke for cleaner air or even let partial dirty air into the combustion chamber . Also, I had to remind them to do wheel rotation (3rd svc routine) which again bewildered the mechanic, I wondered why.

Now, not sure how many of us know this but BRV will be provided with an option of cabin air filter soon the svc manager said. Presently there's no a/c filter in BRV/Amaze (and Jazz maybe) and there's a circular out there from Honda that a provision will be provided to put in a/c filter soon. How much soon, no idea.

Total cost, ~ 2200/-

Merry Christmas & Happy New year, enjoy your holidays, live to drive! Cheers!
wangdu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th December 2017, 12:20   #881
BHPian

OK finally got it done.
Changed to the Shark Fin antenna. Cost Rs 4500/- at the dealer.
Interestingly I had asked him to put the City fin, but he refused !!!
Probably instructions from Honda.

Anyway looks good and works well.

See the BEFORE and AFTER pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda BR-V : Official Review-img_1396.jpg  

Honda BR-V : Official Review-img_1397.jpg  

Honda BR-V : Official Review-img_1337.jpg  

Honda BR-V : Official Review-img_1395.jpg  

Last edited by Rehaan : 29th December 2017 at 13:48. Reason: 2 smileys max please.
Heavy Horse is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th December 2017, 21:17   #882
Team-BHP Support

Back from a trip to Kodaikanal. It is insanely popular with tourists from Karnataka, Kerala and Tamil Nadu. I got a lowly FE of 13.5 kmpl during the 1,200 km long trip, thanks to Bangalore-like traffic jams near tourist spots.

Honda BR-V : Official Review-img_20171227_113938.jpg

Great weather though! There was mist everywhere even in the afternoon. And yes, nights were freezing cold. Some pics:

Honda BR-V : Official Review-img_20171226_172257.jpg

Honda BR-V : Official Review-img_20171226_183339.jpg

Honda BR-V : Official Review-img_20171227_071347.jpg

Honda BR-V : Official Review-img_20171227_121302.jpg

Honda BR-V : Official Review-img_20171228_110002.jpg

Honda BR-V : Official Review-img_20171228_165358.jpg

Honda BR-V : Official Review-img_20171229_114034.jpg

Honda BR-V : Official Review-img20171229wa0008.jpg
SmartCat is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 30th December 2017, 22:15   #883
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
Back from a trip to Kodaikanal.
Do you get a feeling (especially when you're alone) of rear is giving up during a sharp turn? Say at a speed around 60-70kmph.

I'm asking because I felt the same during my Honda's Bhutan drive.
Rudra Sen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2017, 22:35   #884
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Do you get a feeling (especially when you're alone) of rear is giving up during a sharp turn? Say at a speed around 60-70kmph. I'm asking because I felt the same during my Honda's Bhutan drive.
"Rear giving up" as in the rear slides around as you make quick turns? If yes, in a FWD car, something like that will happen only if rear tyres have significantly lower tread depth than front tyres (especially on gravel road or wet tarmac road). That also explains why you faced the issue when you were driving alone.

On my car, the rear tracks true. The only difference between BR-V and my previous two cars (Optra, Civic) when it comes to handling is that understeer comes a bit early. No complaints in steering, brakes and body control department.
SmartCat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th December 2017, 22:47   #885
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
"Rear giving up" as in the rear slides around as you make quick turns? If yes, in a FWD car, something like that will happen only if rear tyres have significantly lower tread depth than front tyres (especially on gravel road or wet tarmac road). That also explains why you faced the issue when you were driving alone.
Cars were all from Honda and with new tyres. Roads were smooth and dry.
Quote:
On my car, the rear tracks true. The only difference between BR-V and my previous two cars (Optra, Civic) when it comes to handling is that understeer comes a bit early. No complaints in steering, brakes and body control department.
I still drive my old Optra and never felt this under/over steer issue.

May be you can explain this with demo when we meet in Bangalore.
Rudra Sen is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks