Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2016, 15:01   #121
BHPian

Re: Honda BR-V : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hvt77 View Post

PS: The report also says Crysta has got 18k booking in 2 weeks since launch!! Compare this to 4k bookings for BRV in 3 weeks, no marks for guessing who still rules the MPV category despite all "greediness" with price increases etc! :-)
Time will tell as to which one will become the mass market people mover.

The numbers and the timelines are not all accurate.
Old 27th May 2016, 22:13   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
Time will tell as to which one will become the mass market people mover.

The numbers and the timelines are not all accurate.
Forget the number of bookings, the number of posts on this thread itself are strong indicator that BR-V is going to flop big time. Honda screwed up with Mobilio, then thought lets redesign the front, add some chrome and give it a SUV name and Indians will buy it with eyes closed. It's not that easy anymore Honda
Old 27th May 2016, 23:41   #123
Team-BHP Support

An 8 or 9 year old kid reviews the Honda BR-V and gives a 3.5 out of 5 star rating. I'm thrilled!

Last edited by SmartCat : 27th May 2016 at 23:43.
SmartCat is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 28th May 2016, 10:50   #124

Went down to the showroom to see the vehicle in flesh and do a test drive, in short it was a big letdown. It looked smaller than I expected, has a MPV-ish stance. The outside door handle felt so thin I was not sure it will last long. The quality of interiors is nothing compared to the new Honda city in-spite of being a Lakh costlier. The plastic panels on the inside was flimsy with lot of gaps. Only 2 can sit on the 2nd row, it has narrow cabin. Overall the only plus point is the 7 seats in the vehicle.

In the end did not even take the test drive , not sure what Honda is trying to achieve after Mobilio flopped big time. They should have come out guns blazing and taken Creta head on.
Old 28th May 2016, 13:54   #125
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSIched'Out View Post
Forget the number of bookings, the number of posts on this thread itself are strong indicator that BR-V is going to flop big time. Honda screwed up with Mobilio, then thought lets redesign the front, add some chrome and give it a SUV name and Indians will buy it with eyes closed. It's not that easy anymore Honda
If you go by the posts then Fiat cars should be best sellers but they are not though agree that they are enthusiasts cars and therefore more interests generated here but sales depends on common people who are not part of any Blogs.
Even if its MPV, whats wrong if someone likes it calling anything they want ?
You call Creta SUV but for me it's super hatch only.
jacksons is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th May 2016, 14:07   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksons View Post
If you go by the posts then Fiat cars should be best sellers but they are not though agree that they are enthusiasts cars and therefore more interests generated here but sales depends on common people who are not part of any Blogs.
True that. Number of posts are not really connected to sales, else Alto and Swift Dzire would have one of the highest numbers.

Quote:
Agreed. This is something I really don't understand. BR-V has the following better than Creta:

+Better petrol engine
+CVT+paddle shifters
+20mm more GC
+Longer and 6-7 seater
+Taller than Creta
+Front looks better than Creta
+Overhead rear AC blower

Yet Creta is the perfect "SUV" and BR-V is an "MPV" just because Creta has higher seat, less rear glass (read claustophobic) and is shorter. . I am not comparing fit and finish or AVN etc. Its just a bit harsh to completely discard BR-V as an MPV while calling Creta an SUV. None of them are SUVs period.
-xplora- is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th May 2016, 14:20   #127
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by -xplora- View Post
True that. Number of posts are not really connected to sales, else Alto and Swift Dzire would have one of the highest numbers.

Agreed. This is something I really don't understand. BR-V has the following better than Creta:

+Better petrol engine
+CVT+paddle shifters
+20mm more GC
+Longer and 6-7 seater
+Taller than Creta
+Front looks better than Creta
+Overhead rear AC blower

Yet Creta is the perfect "SUV" and BR-V is an "MPV" just because Creta has higher seat, less rear glass (read claustophobic) and is shorter. . I am not comparing fit and finish or AVN etc. Its just a bit harsh to completely discard BR-V as an MPV while calling Creta an SUV. None of them are SUVs period.
Very true, I don't like to drive bulky SUV at my age which rides like truck at the price very high, for me BR-V is seven seater or six doesn't much matter.
We don't want to seat three people in middle and it's fine for us.
In fact few people are active here for no reason or just to add number of posts in thier profile.
jacksons is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th May 2016, 15:17   #128
Team-BHP Support

I will get into "BR-V doesn't look like SUV, Creta looks like a SUV" debate the day media / magazines / industry classifies this as a compact SUV -

Honda BR-V : Official Review-mahthar01.jpg

Right now, I think Thar is classified as a UV in industry sales journals, while souped up hatchbacks on stilts are classified as Compact SUVs.

I seriously do not like the looks of Hyundai Creta. The headlamps design gives the car an angry look. The grille is too big, giving it an open mouthed gaping look. However, the side profile (and the upright stance) is almost perfect. Alloy wheel design is excellent too. However, go to the back, and its disappointment again - thanks to the huge chrome strip. Without the chrome, the backside looks decent - look at the pictures of Chinese Creta.

This biggest problem with Creta (and other Hyundai designs) is that they are not "timeless designs". These edgy quickly lose their sheen after 3 to 5 years. On the other hand, designs like that of Renault Duster looked good 5 years back, looks perfect from all angles now and will look good 10 years from now. Classic timeless design.

BR-V's styling is in between Renault Duster (Good) and Hyundai Creta (Bad). Love the front, love the side profile - its only the chrome strip at the back that is a fly in the ointment.
SmartCat is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 28th May 2016, 15:25   #129

Another plus point of BR-V is that it scored 5 stars in ASEAN NCAP crash test. Not sure if Indian version will score 5 stars, but surely it won't score ZERO like most of the cars sold in India gets.
Old 28th May 2016, 15:48   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Low 3rd-row seat is best for kids or occasional usage only
What do you mean it is best for kids ? How is the last row which has no safety at all , be good for kids ? I think you should start to realise what is best for our future generation. Remember, we won't exist if they are not there.

Please ensure kids are safe and always seated in front middle rows with seatbelts. I hope you guys are aware of the rules for kids below 5 years. I have seen morons letting small kids dangle all over the car.
Old 28th May 2016, 16:27   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Well I never said Creta is an SUV. I personally feel that SUV is the most abused term in the Indian car market, the next one being calling a notch-back a "compact sedan".

And the same "common people who are not part of any blogs" did not pick Mobilio as well so it is safe to believe that these people are smart enough and prefer paying premium for quality rather than paying premium for just badge.

Quote:
In fact few people are active here for no reason or just to add number of posts in thier profile.
It's very easy to identify this type, just look at "Thanks/Posts" ratio
TSIched'Out is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2016, 17:32   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoth001 View Post
What do you mean it is best for kids ? How is the last row which has no safety at all , be good for kids ? I think you should start to realise what is best for our future generation. Remember, we won't exist if they are not there.

Please ensure kids are safe and always seated in front middle rows with seatbelts. I hope you guys are aware of the rules for kids below 5 years. I have seen morons letting small kids dangle all over the car.
Which cars are safe in the last row(2nd in a sedan, 3rd in a 3 row car)? An average car buying family has a budget of 8 lakhs. What options do they have?

Do we have rules or rather a law, laid out for kids in a car? I don't think car seats are mandatory in India yet. Yes, safety wise, they are recommended and mandated in some countries all over the world, but in India too?

Edit: Guys and Girls, please use a carseat. We live only once.

Last edited by riteshritesh : 28th May 2016 at 17:47.
riteshritesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2016, 17:54   #133
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Honda screwed up with Mobilio, then thought lets redesign the front, add some chrome and give it a SUV name and Indians will buy it with eyes closed. It's not that easy anymore Honda
Quote:
Well I never said Creta is an SUV. I personally feel that SUV is the most abused term in the Indian car market, the next one being calling a notch-back a "compact sedan".
Coming to think of it, Honda has been extremely subtle when compared to other manufacturers. This is what I found -

1) Number of times the word "SUV" has been used in Honda BR-V website

ZERO

2) Number of times the word "SUV" has been used in Honda BR-V brochure

ONE

3) Number of times the word "SUV" has been used in Honda BR-V Accessories brochure

ZERO

4) Number of times the word "SUV" has been used in Honda BR-V Television/Youtube ads

ZERO

Quote:
It's very easy to identify this type, just look at "Thanks/Posts" ratio
hehe! Interesting metric that is. But you know, its misleading. The "Thanks" button was introduced only a couple of years back - so older members will have lower thanks to posts ratio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoth001 View Post

Please ensure kids are safe and always seated in front middle rows with seatbelts. I hope you guys are aware of the rules for kids below 5 years
Appreciate the sentiment and you make an interesting point. But perhaps you could have expressed it better without the "Holier Than Thou" vibe.

Meanwhile, this is what my dealer's accessories guy sent on Whatsapp - the touchscreen system offered for BR-V (35k inclusive of navigation & reversing camera). It's made by AVN Inc. Anybody heard of it?

Honda BR-V : Official Review-myavn.jpg
Old 28th May 2016, 18:02   #134
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
Meanwhile, this is what my dealer's accessories guy sent on Whatsapp - the touchscreen system offered for BR-V (35k inclusive of navigation & reversing camera). It's made by AVN Inc. Anybody heard of it?
My AVN is from Caska. But i am not able to locate the above model on their website.

http://www.caskaindia.com/product.php
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2016, 18:39   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post

Attachment 1511336
The navigation HU of Pioneer that I checked were 20,000 onwards for the higher end models. There were cheaper ones too. 35,000 seems to be on the expensive side. Pioneer India website is pretty informative.
Google too doesn't give any info on AVN inc.

Can you check on the warranty, if the HU is replaced with an aftermarket unit. To lose a 3 year warranty, suddenly doesn't make sense to me or maybe I can retain the original set and put it back in case I have to claim warranty.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks