Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2016, 13:22   #196
BHPian

Re: Honda BR-V : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
Just got a call from my dealer- CVT deliveries started !!
Was offered a white , but I want Silver

No CVT TD vehicle yet ..
My dealer tells me Delhi might have it but no other city has got even the allocation of CVT cars, so deliveries are out of question. This is one of those things you envy Delhiites for. They get to know the prices of all cars first. Their cost is the lowest in India, now they have first deliveries also.
-xplora- is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2016, 13:51   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by -xplora- View Post
My dealer tells me Delhi might have it but no other city has got even the allocation of CVT cars, .
True that. Even my dealer in Mumbai has no news on the allocation. He managed to deliver 1 Diesel and few more Diesel deliveries in this week. No stock of MT Petrol too, forget CVT, which seems far-flung.
Old 31st May 2016, 14:54   #198
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
No stock of MT Petrol too, forget CVT, which seems far-flung.
May be this is the reason why Honda is not thinking about pricing any vehicle undercutting the competition. Imagine if Honda prices BR-V in the range of 8.5L - 13L OTR, people may have to wait for 12-18 months to get their V CVT delivered.

Last edited by Doylthippo : 31st May 2016 at 14:58. Reason: Correction
Doylthippo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2016, 15:15   #199
BHPian

Honda BR-V : Official Review

'Dear honda customers this is to inform you that From june 1st price increase is going to happen for different reason
1.from govt of india
2.from honda
soonly we will update you what is the amount. '
Got this message from my Honda dealer in Bangalore. Although a generic message across all models but no specific info if BRV price also gets affected

Last edited by harishhm74 : 31st May 2016 at 15:17.
Old 31st May 2016, 15:59   #200
BHPian

Just a hunch: But is it possible that Honda has provided the wiring/cabling for the Reverse Camera/Sensor by default?? Its there by default in the Mobilio.

Maybe Honda just wanted to grab a quick buck by selling an accessory?!
BUXX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2016, 16:06   #201
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
This 140 kmph limit, does it apply to all BRVs or it is only for the CVT version?
All BR-Vs. And top speed is limited to 145 kmph (Mobilio was 140) according to TBHP review.

Quote:
Just a hunch: But is it possible that Honda has provided the wiring/cabling for the Reverse Camera/Sensor by default?? Its there by default in the Mobilio.
ASEAN BR-V has it as standard. They will not bother removing the wiring.

MAHINDRA XUV 500 W6 4x2 VS HONDA BR-V 1.5 iDTEC V

Honda BR-V : Official Review-xuv500.jpg

Leaving out the common features, the XUV 500 has the following extras over the BR-V -

Rear Disc Brakes
Touchscreen music system
GPS Navigation
Cornering Headlamps
Auto Headlamps
Auto Wipers
Parking Sensors

The BR-V Has the following extra features over the XUV 500 -

Alloy Wheels
Keyless Entry
Engine Start Button
Tumbling Reclining 2nd/3rd Row Seats

Last edited by SmartCat : 31st May 2016 at 16:10.
SmartCat is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 31st May 2016, 16:30   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishhm74 View Post
'Dear honda customers this is to inform you that From june 1st price increase is going to happen for different reason
1.from govt of india
2.from honda
soonly we will update you what is the amount. '
Got this message from my Honda dealer in Bangalore. Although a generic message across all models but no specific info if BRV price also gets affected
The Krishi Kalyan Cess of 0.5% and the 1% TCS to be paid by the dealer could be the reason.
Old 31st May 2016, 17:03   #203
JLS
BHPian

@ Smartcat

Thanks for comparison with Ertiga and XUV.
One question - in the dimension section, you have listed rear seat dimensions. Are these for 2nd seat or for 3rd row seat?

Thanks

JLS
Old 31st May 2016, 17:24   #204
BHPian

I had done a detailed comparison between the feature list of the Mobilio & the BR-V pre-launch.

Had forgotten all about it till now and went with the flow saying that the BRV is over-priced.

Just revisited that sheet again : comparing top end Mobilio RS (O) Diesel 13.6 OTR Delhi , with BRV V CVT 13.5L OTR Delhi and find that :

(I feel that the avg 1.25L premium for CVT in the Honda range is negated by the Diesel v/s Petrol engine premium-and hence the above is a fair feature-list comparison)

BRV feature gains over Mobilio :

Better styling (version 2.0)
Automatic Climate Control
Keyless Start/ Stop Button
3rd Row Seat Adjustment
Rear Armrest
Adjustable Head-rests- Front too
Extra chrome bling
LED Rear lamps
Projector headlamps
All new Instrument/Digital Cluster, Multi-Function Display
6 v/s 4 speakers
3 yr warranty v/s 2yr

Mobilio RS (O) gains over BRV:
Parking Sensors Rear
Parking Assist Reverse Camera
DRL
Touchscreen Display HU with GPS

So how is it over priced over the Mobilio? You add the bits & pieces and I am sure you will find that Honda has done a great effort when it comes to pricing the BRV vis a vis the Mobilio.

In short, they have not passed off the redesign costs to the customer at all.

Somewhere there is a Jap fella who was about to commit Hara-kiri but decided to redeem himself & the company in front of the Indian customer ! (pun intended)

Last edited by BUXX : 31st May 2016 at 17:28.
BUXX is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st May 2016, 18:28   #205
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Sunvisors feel Alto-grade and suffer a lot of flex. Honda still hasn't learnt that customers today are looking for quality & will pay for it (just ask Hyundai)!
Thanks for the awesome review Aditya. Very detailed. Left nothing unanswered. Rated well deserved 5 stars.
Related with this quote, its actually
Sunvisors feel Alto-grade and suffer a lot of flex. Honda still hasn't learnt that customers today are looking for quality WHEN THEY ARE ALREADY PAYING FOR IT (just ask Hyundai)!

For a million + rupees car, there are some insane omissions made. I wonder why the brand is trying so hard to damage its image of premium status in India...with some of the products they launched in last decade...
Old 31st May 2016, 18:38   #206
BHPian

Quote:
I had done a detailed comparison between the feature list of the Mobilio & the BR-V pre-launch.

Had forgotten all about it till now and went with the flow saying that the BRV is over-priced.

Just revisited that sheet again : comparing top end Mobilio RS (O) Diesel 13.6 OTR Delhi , with BRV V CVT 13.5L OTR Delhi and find that :

So how is it over priced over the Mobilio? You add the bits & pieces and I am sure you will find that Honda has done a great effort when it comes to pricing the BRV vis a vis the Mobilio.

In short, they have not passed off the redesign costs to the customer at all.

Somewhere there is a Jap fella who was about to commit Hara-kiri but decided to redeem himself & the company in front of the Indian customer ! (pun intended)
The age old argument is that Mobilio was over-priced to start with, hence it percolated to BR-V. Also worth mentioning that design change has led to :

Increased L, W and H hence a bigger car than Mobilio in all aspects with having 30mm more GC and a brand-new vehicle of 2016 world-wide. Not a face-lift or a refresh of existing vehicle. Honda has to take those costs into consideration. Also a huge plus is ALL Black and new interiors vs the Mobilio.

I feel for people in Bangalore due to their taxing structure. The difference between BR-V CVT and XUV W6 AT is almost 50k less in Bangalore than in Ahmedabad, hence BR-V looks less value for money. But at 13.50lacs OTR its a no brainer.

Last edited by -xplora- : 31st May 2016 at 18:45.
-xplora- is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st May 2016, 19:43   #207
Team-BHP Support

Did some investigation:

1) Many customers seem to be give disproportionate weightage to "features", and Mahindra, Maruti and Hyundai knows this. Honda does NOT (probably because people who decide on product features are Japanese).

2) Mahindra XUV 500 seems to be amazingly well equipped (check comparison sheet) - with automatic this and that.

3) But these "features" are amazingly low cost if you manage to get the right supplier from China.

4) This is how much an automatic RVM +automatic headlights + automatic rain sensing wiper costs - A grand total of $99
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/OEM-O...208.4.9.y82frA

5) If $99 is the retail price, imagine how much Mahindra/Hyundai and Maruti are getting these for!

6) Spend more time on researching how much each of the "features" really cost, and you will know how some car manufacturers manage to equip their cars so well.

7) All that is stopping "Low on features" car manufacturers is ignorance of what customer wants in their car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS View Post
One question - in the dimension section, you have listed rear seat dimensions. Are these for 2nd seat or for 3rd row seat?
These are for the second row seat. All data from Team-BHP and Autocar India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Related with this quote, its actually
Sunvisors feel Alto-grade and suffer a lot of flex. Honda still hasn't learnt that customers today are looking for quality WHEN THEY ARE ALREADY PAYING FOR IT (just ask Hyundai)! For a million + rupees car, there are some insane omissions made. I wonder why the brand is trying so hard to damage its image of premium status in India...with some of the products they launched in last decade..
1) I'm not quite sure if a flexing sun visors are "bad quality" sun visors, and hence cost cutting. Even if it is, how much do you think Honda saved by not opting for solid ones? Rs. 100?

2) When it comes to interiors of BR-V, its a case of mostly poor attention to detail rather than cost cutting. Look at the hole next to fuel button. Look at the poorly finished gear levers. Look at the fixed grab handles (instead of spring loaded ones). These things don't cost much to set right by Honda. So its not a question of "paying for quality"

3) None of the cars in this segment have soft touch dashboard and door pads, something that would have enhanced the quality feel. But your Tata Vista has them!! Because Tata thought it would be nice thing to have in a car in this segment - that's all. It does not necessarily mean Tata paid huge amount of money for it.

4) Honda has spent significant amount of money elsewhere -

a) The 16 inch alloy wheels look very premium
b) The black cladding all round seems solidly fitted. Ditto with roof rails.
c) The fabric seat quality feels very durable.
d) The instrument console
e) The flexible seats.
f) Attention to detail around the headlamp/taillamp area.

Last edited by SmartCat : 31st May 2016 at 19:49.
SmartCat is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 1st June 2016, 09:18   #208
BHPian

Awesome review. Very detailed and answers all questions. Appreciate your efforts my man.

I have cancelled my booking for Brezza in Navi Mumbai. I also felt that the brezza is high on features, but essentially is running on a dezire engine. Test drove the BRV. I felt it was good. The height and looks are definitely better than the mobilio (didn't like at all). I too was not very happy on lack of "essential" features such as Reverse Parking Sensor / Camera, Cruise Control et al in a car that is costing me 1.4 mil. However, as it's a Honda, I have gone ahead and booked the V trim thus increasing my already stretched budget from 11 to 14 +. Fingers crossed.

Last edited by preetamkabra : 1st June 2016 at 09:21.
preetamkabra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2016, 10:35   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by preetamkabra View Post
Awesome review. Very detailed and answers all questions. Appreciate your efforts my man.

I have cancelled my booking for Brezza in Navi Mumbai. I also felt that the brezza is high on features, but essentially is running on a dezire engine. Test drove the BRV. I felt it was good. The height and looks are definitely better than the mobilio (didn't like at all). I too was not very happy on lack of "essential" features such as Reverse Parking Sensor / Camera, Cruise Control et al in a car that is costing me 1.4 mil. However, as it's a Honda, I have gone ahead and booked the V trim thus increasing my already stretched budget from 11 to 14 +. Fingers crossed.
This is exactly what I have been mentioning. There will be cross-shopping even though price difference is almost 30% ! Someone who had booked a Brezza is/was not looking for a 7 seater, but BR-Vs overall package is just better in every sense, except the AVN / RevCam which is an optional accessory anyway.

Someone in my family bought Creta AT Diesel, loves it. But he also booked Crysta ZX AT simply because Creta is not solving certain requirements. This stemmed from a short holiday he took and his family is of 4. I for one would love the extra space, without the bulk of XUV or Innova. If the kids are into outdoors i.e. "camping" and "biking" etc. then BR-V looks very very attractive.
-xplora- is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2016, 10:40   #210
BHPian

Does anyone have any suggestion on a good aftermarket HU+ Reverse Camera & Sensors that we can get installed?
Will the dealer fit this aftermarket HU for us, so that warranty is not voided?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks