Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2017, 10:32   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: Renault Kwid 1.0L : Official Review

After waiting for nearly 3 pretty long years, I could ultimately fix my dream speakers onto my Kwid.

The rear parcel tray had to be changed with a wooden one and that costed me rupees 1100. The fitting charges were rupees 250. A young lady at heart helped me with all the process, at MotorWorld, Rasta Peth, Pune.

Renault Kwid 1.0L : Official Review-kwid1.jpg
Renault Kwid 1.0L : Official Review-kwid2.jpg
Renault Kwid 1.0L : Official Review-kwid3.jpg

As advised by the owner, the speakers are of high output capability and therefore the stock MediaNav would not do justice in proper sound output. Point noted. Alternative suggested was to go either for a 2 point or 4 point amplifier (if i want to add a subwoofer too).

I am definitely more than happy as I could hear my speakers blast after 3 long years. Now the next target would be to get it as close to the speaker combination of the Tiago.

Can someone please share the speaker configuration details of the Tiago so that I can match mine accordingly. I understand that doing so, the front ones might be required to be axed too and probably an amplifier to match the output. I am not looking for something too bassy, but definitely something which will please my senses, in line with the Tiago Setup.

All assistance, will be highly appreciated.
Majumdarda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2017, 07:49   #92
Senior - BHPian

On account of Good Friday, went for a small ride towards Mahabaleshwar, which is approximately 150 kilometers one way.

The overall ride has been acceptable and I can vouch for the 180 MM ground clearance and the humongous boot. With such a boot present in a small car, one can comfortably seat at the rear and that included 2 adults and 2 kids.

There was a small incident which has been highlighted and waiting for expert advise, at the most relevant section

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post4183065

Overall we had a pretty comfortable ride experience. Below are some of the images.

Renault Kwid 1.0L : Official Review-img_1696001.jpg

This is the same spot where I had my Amun-Ra posing in all his glory.
Renault Kwid 1.0L : Official Review-img_1720001.jpg

The kids in action
Renault Kwid 1.0L : Official Review-img_1784001.jpg
Majumdarda is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st April 2017, 19:29   #93
Senior - BHPian

Isn't the fuel warning supposed to glow once the fuel has gone below a certain level?

Renault Kwid 1.0L : Official Review-capture.jpg

Though in the official review I could see that the fuel warning lit-up even while its 80% full

http://www.team-bhp.com/carpics/rena...lt-kwid-04.jpg

Kwid owners please advise if its the same with your cars as well.

One thing I came to know is that the seat belt warning for the Indian Kwids is defunct.
Old 11th May 2017, 16:09   #94
BHPian

Faced the first real problem with my Kwid this morning. I got the vehicle in Jan and have covered 5k kms. The car was parked in hot sun for 3-4 hours (just took the car out of the parking and was parked outside). When I tried to crank up the engine, it simply refused to start . I had to crank for 3-4 times before the engine came to life. Any idea what might have caused this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post
Isn't the fuel warning supposed to glow once the fuel has gone below a certain level?
Kwid owners please advise if its the same with your cars as well.
This is how it is. It will blink if the fuel goes below certain range.

Quote:
One thing I came to know is that the seat belt warning for the Indian Kwids is defunct.
I guess yes, it is defunct. On another note, does the door ajar warning light up in your car? In mine it doesn't.
narsi_6989 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th May 2017, 17:11   #95
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi all,

Can someone on this thread please confirm whether the RXL 1.0 AMT is now available through dealerships? My dealer is very reluctant and is pushing me to go for the RXT(O) variant only. He also says that the RXL variant will take two months and has not reached stockyard till now. (although he himself is a bit confused)

Please help me out with this dilemma. The Kwid is going to be a second car to our Volkswagen Jetta and my dad doesn't want to spend 5,50,000 on a second car only to be used for cities. I have stayed away from the Alto due to AMT horrors of Maruti.

Thanks in advance,
Vishy
vishy76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2017, 23:21   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narsi_6989 View Post
Faced the first real problem with my Kwid this morning. I got the vehicle in Jan and have covered 5k kms. The car was parked in hot sun for 3-4 hours (just took the car out of the parking and was parked outside). When I tried to crank up the engine, it simply refused to start . I had to crank for 3-4 times before the engine came to life. Any idea what might have caused this?

This is how it is. It will blink if the fuel goes below certain range.

I guess yes, it is defunct. On another note, does the door ajar warning light up in your car? In mine it doesn't.
The door ajar warning lamp is also defunct here. That's again for the "foren" markets.

I also observed a peculiar scenario a few days back. After I came back from office on a hot summer afternoon (around 3 pm, approx 42 degrees) post I "reverse" parked the car, the fan belt again started to move. It was acceptable, but even after a dust clean of the complete car (that's around 3-5 minutes) the belt was still moving. The car key was already removed. Opened up the hood to confirm and though it appeared hot, but nothing alarming. Went back inside the cabin and cranked up the engine. Thankfully it started and the fan stopped.

I now wonder is there a issue with a particular combination of scenarios

Hot environment + Reverse = Fan movement + Stalling (occasionally)
Old 26th May 2017, 11:48   #97
Senior - BHPian

I am at the Service center for the First servicing now. Can someone please advise that for topping up the coolant, are they supposed to topup by water or coolant. And how to differentiate a proper topup from re gular water filled topup?
Old 26th May 2017, 12:02   #98
BHPian

Quote:
I am at the Service center for the First servicing now. Can someone please advise that for topping up the coolant, are they supposed to topup by water or coolant. And how to differentiate a proper topup from re gular water filled topup?
AFAIK, the top up must be done with the coolant liquid in reservoir tank. If coolant is changed in the radiator, then water is mixed along with coolant in some cases. It depends on the product used. Few coolants now come premixed and mixing water isn't necessary. Plain water is used to top up only on emergency situations such as highways, etc.,

Last edited by petrolhead_chn : 26th May 2017 at 12:03.
petrolhead_chn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th May 2017, 12:10   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_chn View Post
AFAIK, the top up must be done with the coolant liquid in reservoir tank. If coolant is changed in the radiator, then water is mixed along with coolant in some cases. It depends on the product used. Few coolants now come premixed and mixing water isn't necessary. Plain water is used to top up only on emergency situations such as highways, etc.,
From the visitor's lounge I can see that these guys used a small jerrican like thing to first fill liquid into the window cleaner container and then used the same to top up the coolant level.

The window cleaner is basically water, so I suspect that they are using simple water for topping up the coolant level too.
Majumdarda is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th May 2017, 12:16   #100
BHPian

Quote:
From the visitor's lounge I can see that these guys used a small jerrican like thing to first fill liquid into the window cleaner container and then used the same to top up the coolant level.

The window cleaner is basically water, so I suspect that they are using simple water for topping up the coolant level too.
Windscreen washer tank shall have plain water and a portion of windscreen washing liquid/shampoo. Check/ask for it.

If the amount of coolant to be topped up isn't that huge, then topping up with water is sufficient. But make sure the reservoir tank has coolant between max to min levels.

If in doubt, check the invoice if they have charged for coolant too!
petrolhead_chn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th May 2017, 12:24   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_chn View Post
Windscreen washer tank shall have plain water and a portion of windscreen washing liquid/shampoo. Check/ask for it.

If the amount of coolant to be topped up isn't that huge, then topping up with water is sufficient. But make sure the reservoir tank has coolant between max to min levels.

If in doubt, check the invoice if they have charged for coolant too!
Thank you. I was of the opinion that even for a small top up , if it's at the service station,then it has to be proper coolant and not water.
Old 28th May 2017, 13:55   #102
Senior - BHPian

My first Servicing of the Kwid is complete now. It was a long day there as I chose to wait along with the car and realized that coolant topup at the service station is supposed to be proper coolant and not water.

Below is the image of the coolant level before the servicing.

Renault Kwid 1.0L : Official Review-first.jpg

During the topup I observed that water was being added. After the same was highlighted to the service manager, he agreed that top up should not have been by water and agreed to replace the entire lot. The entire coolant in the box was discarded in front of my eyes and then filled up from a brand new bottle. Below image after the filling up.

Renault Kwid 1.0L : Official Review-second.jpg

They agreed it was a mistake. Thanks to TeamBHP which kept me prepared for this. During the next servicing, I would have to remind them of this incident before they touch my car.
Old 5th June 2017, 13:02   #103
BHPian

Hello

I have been driving my brother's KWID 1.0 RXT (O) for a week now, and I feel the car is terribly under-powered. My regular car is a Polo 1.2 Petrol. I understand its not fair to compare Polo and Kwid, but I still think there is something wrong with his car; so want to check with you guys if you too feel the Kwid lacks power. His car is approx. 8 months old, and has done close to 3k Kms.

Even with one person on-board, the car struggles to climb up a ramp (one that you've on Malls' exit), even in 1st gear. Trying to cover that in 2nd is beyond imaginable. My Polo would climb such ramps easily even with 4 adults on board and in 2nd gear.

Negotiating even speed breakers on 2nd gear is not possible. I may feel the lack of torque as I'm comparing it with Polo, but my dad who has driven Maruti 800 extensively and currently drives a Santro, also feels Kwid is under powered and performs worse than 800/ Santro.

Do you guys feel so too? Or you think this could be specific to his car? If it's not common, what could be wrong? I'm planning to take his car to the service center but any suggestions on what could be wrong here will be appreciated.

Thanks!
AD
aishwaryadeep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2017, 13:55   #104
Senior - BHPian

Yes, comparison with a Polo would definitely not be apt, but after driving my Kwid I can say that it's not such horribly underpowered as you have stated. Negotiating speed breakers in a second gear, or even third gear is smooth; also bumper to bumper traffic negotiation is not much of a concern. One thing that I have observed is that AC is definitely not up to the mark and it's best suited for the front row occupants only. Driving with AC in bumper to bumper traffic is a concern and has been agreed by Service Agents too, but I am ok with it as it's my first car. As I see that you are based out of Pune, would suggest you to have a visit at Renault Chinchwad and connect with Aniruddha. He is the Service Manager of the center and should be able to assist you further.

Regards,

Bikramjit.
Majumdarda is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th June 2017, 14:30   #105
BHPian

Quote:
As I see that you are based out of Pune, would suggest you to have a visit at Renault Chinchwad and connect with Aniruddha. He is the Service Manager of the center and should be able to assist you further.
Thanks Bikramjit. I live in Pune, but my brother lives in Bangalore, and that's where the car is. From your comments, it appears there could be something wrong with his car. I will get it checked at some service center here.

Thanks!
AD

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks