Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2017, 17:37   #3151
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
There is simply no question of ethics here. The vehicle in question is out on the roads and protesting. This is a genuine scenario, buddy. I would have questioned ethics here if it was a photoshopped image or something, which it defenitely is not. For all those so much concerned about the image of the manufacturer - should rather reach out to him and help him out - rather than asking to brush the matter under the carpets.
The poster clearly mentions about noise in transmission just after 2 days of purchase and Tata is not ready to acknowledge. While the rusting might be common, noise isn't in an Automatic variant. I feel its the noise that lead owner go and verify the rusting.
PrideRed is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 11th October 2017, 18:15   #3152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavik.1991 View Post
Attachment 1684326

Attachment 1684327

Saw this abandoned brand new Hexa on the side of the road, in front of Tata showroom near Crown Plaza, SG Highway, Ahmedabad.

The owner must have had extremely unpleasant experience with the vehicle or buying process.
What are the chances that this is a underhand campaign tactic by the competition?
It would be surprising if none in the Tata sales hierarchy was able to address it, if was a customer education issue.
Kommandogerät is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2017, 19:14   #3153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kommandogerät View Post
What are the chances that this is a underhand campaign tactic by the competition?
I do not think competition try to do something like this. Because, competition try to come into picture only when Hexa disturb their sales. I do not think Hexa has disturbed the sales of any competition yet.

Last edited by Hickstead : 11th October 2017 at 19:19.
Hickstead is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 11th October 2017, 19:22   #3154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
May be all customers should be asked to go through specialized trainings before purchasing TATA cars?

A person protesting by abandoning his vehicle in such a state simply shows he is not satisfied either with the vehicle, or if the explanation noted here is genuine, it's the sheer inability of the dealer to explain the same to the owner to his satisfaction.
Why don't you people talk when it is a Honda, Nissan, Mercedes or a BMW is being parked at a Showroom for something same reason.

Whereas you guys are ready to jump when it's a Tata
gowda79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2017, 19:49   #3155
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
Why don't you people talk when it is a Honda, Nissan, Mercedes or a BMW is being parked at a Showroom for something same reason.

Whereas you guys are ready to jump when it's a Tata
I don't think that is a right statement. Irrespective of the car or manufacturer, if a problem is highlighted or reported, the facts should and have always been discussed in detail in this forum. In general, I don't think there is any attempt to demean a particular manufacturer. Just of the top of my head, I can recall the below threads related to issues about a product or manufacturer. The first 2 are from Crazy_Driver himself. Hence he would be the last person I would accuse of being biased.

Renualt Captur Ad Fiasco (The Renault Captur's new ad is ethically wrong & deceiving! Blatantly fooling the Indian customer)

Honda City Niggles (Honda City (4th gen) niggles: A compilation. Are Honda cars niggle-free anymore?)

Maruti AMT Woes (Maruti's AMT woes)

Skoda variant swapping

Usual VW Service Stories (Vento TSI: Abysmal experience with VW's service & reliability)

Mahindra AMT Issues (TUV300 AMT problems & Mahindra's inability to solve them)

All separate dedicated threads with lot of discussion. That is how it should be . For this particular case, the facts still seem vague. Hopefully this discussion will bring out all the facts and the right conclusion will be arrived at.

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 11th October 2017 at 19:50.
Rajeevraj is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 11th October 2017, 20:38   #3156
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavik.1991 View Post
Attachment 1684326

Attachment 1684327

Saw this abandoned brand new Hexa on the side of the road, in front of Tata showroom near Crown Plaza, SG Highway, Ahmedabad.

The owner must have had extremely unpleasant experience with the vehicle or buying process.

The banner on the car reads, "We got cheated by Tata, hopefully you guys won't. The vehicle is a trash can"

Off Topic:
No wonder, I don't see many Tata cars on the road in Ahmedabad (Tiago included!!). I visited Tata showroom before my purchase of Brezza to check out Zest AMT after reading positive reviews of the vehicle. I wasn't offered demo/brochure/test ride (or not even water in the middle of a summer afternoon!). I had to walk out of the showroom within 5 mins as they had nothing to offer.
Limited knowledge is dangerous. More than needed knowledge is even more dangerous. That guy must be an absolute nincompoop to do that. As a product Hexa has been exceptional. Sold my Tin Can feel XUV and my Hexa has given happy 25000 odd kms of exhilarating experience.

Anyways. It's time waste discussing unwanted issues. Any product has issues once launched. There is no "PERFECT AUTOMOBILE" that we can buy today. Any issues faced. The buyer must sort it out with the TASS.
raki is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th October 2017, 20:41   #3157
BANNED

Just complete a 600kms on Hexa XTA from Delhi ,Vrindavan, Agra, Fathepur Sikri,Agra and back to Delhi .Had a full load of 6adults , and lots of baggage .Hexa is about a 45days old and completed 4000kms . Road from Agra to Fathepur Sikri is pretty bad full of rumble strips , potholes and very bad roads .I am glad to say, what many who drive the Hexa know that bad roads is a cake walk for Hexa .Driving Hexa on bad roads is an unbelievable experience as both isolations of road conditions for passengers and noise from bumps is amazing even at speeds nearing 100 .While returning back took the Yamuna expressway and Hexa is steady at speeds nearing double ton .Other observations are brake should be made better , black interior is a pain to keep free of dust , the bottom rear part of second row seats doors has tendency to pick up mud , dirt .This is something to watch out for regular cleaning .Dust on black part of alloy wheels just doesn't go away .Overall mileage 11kmpl (driven with lots of fun).50kms done in sports mode .At 18.75 Lacs Delhi it has been an excellent buy .Hope this product remains like this as time goes by .

Last edited by Trust_In_Thrust : 11th October 2017 at 20:43.
Trust_In_Thrust is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th October 2017, 20:58   #3158
BANNED

Quote:
There is simply no question of ethics here. The vehicle in question is out on the roads and protesting. This is a genuine scenario, buddy. I would have questioned ethics here if it was a photoshopped image or something, which it defenitely is not.
First of all, abandoning a new car and doing crazy gimmicks on the streets is not something gentlemen would do. We have all come across issues on our rides be it when new or old, major or trivial. This is just not the way to go about things.

Had it been a genuine issue reported in the form of a detailed write-up indicating the sequence of events through a proper channel, the story would have been different.

We being a part of this esteemed community, in the interest of quality of content in this Forum, I feel we should refrain from posting about such gimmicky incidents is what I feel. Others may differ here.

While one may point out that issues from all manufacturers are treated equally (with all relevant proof), there is no denying that Tata gets step motherly treatment here, time and again.
Kishen.padiyar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2017, 21:00   #3159
BANNED

Quote:
May be all customers should be asked to go through specialized trainings before purchasing TATA cars?

A person protesting by abandoning his vehicle in such a state simply shows he is not satisfied either with the vehicle, or if the explanation noted here is genuine, it's the sheer inability of the dealer to explain the same to the owner to his satisfaction.

There is absolutely no reason not to discuss it on the public forum.

This is what forums are for! If everybody is silently viewing images on whatsapp - there wouldn't have been any large unbiased forum called team-bhp.

If you have the images of the issue - you should be posting that for the benefit of the readers, who can come to their own independent decisions about the right and wrong of an issue.

There is simply no question of ethics here. The vehicle in question is out on the roads and protesting. This is a genuine scenario, buddy. I would have questioned ethics here if it was a photoshopped image or something, which it defenitely is not.

For all those so much concerned about the image of the manufacturer - should rather reach out to him and help him out - rather than asking to brush the matter under the carpets.
The problem with present generation kids trickle down to one simple thing. Sensationalise issues and do a post mortem on few Biased Social media , without knowing the actual issue.

Do want me to post the actual customer complaint on the TASS job card. Few of us HEXA owners have done background check. The complaints are quite hilarious and Face Palm.

For starters - Rust on brake disc (Rotors). Come on guys. The complaints are even more hilariously insane.

And we go on ranting and spamming team bhp

Well.

Last edited by raki : 11th October 2017 at 21:13.
Old 11th October 2017, 21:15   #3160
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raki View Post
Do want me to post the actual customer complaint on the TASS job card. Few of us HEXA owners have done background check. The complaints are quite hilarious and Face Palm.

Well.
I think that would be exactly what members would be looking for. I personally love the hexa as a product and it would be at the top of my list if I am looking for a 7 seater SUV. So I personally would love to see the actual details in the job card and make my own inference on how serious or not serious it is. I also definitely don't want to/like to rely on social media sensationalism.
Rajeevraj is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th October 2017, 21:38   #3161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust_In_Thrust View Post
Just complete a 600kms on Hexa XTA from Delhi ,Vrindavan, Agra, Fathepur Sikri,Agra and back to Delhi.

At 18.75 Lacs Delhi it has been an excellent buy.
I thought HEXA XTA was around 20-21L ?
Old 11th October 2017, 21:48   #3162
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by arif_t01 View Post
I thought HEXA XTA was around 20-21L ?
Got it pre GST revision .This is on road.Concorde Motors Delhi is the dealer. Registeration is Yamunanagar Haryana .

Last edited by Trust_In_Thrust : 11th October 2017 at 21:55.
Old 11th October 2017, 22:34   #3163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishen.padiyar View Post
I have received images of the car in question on Whatsapp and disc rotors along with exhaust manifold & turbo hot end portion (turbine casing) were the highlighted portions on the banner.

Now before you ask me how I am sure as to those parts are whatever I mentioned, I'll make it clear myself that I am a Mechanical Engineer with specialization in Automobiles and have worked closely with many dealerships and garages over the last 7-8 years and have a hobby garage myself where I undertake minor service and running repair of cars that belong to my friends and relatives so I can safely say I know a thing or two about cars if not an expert.

I am not defending any brand here. All I am telling is we should follow some ethics before posting anything on a public forum - specially like Team-BHP which has a lot of following. And by Ethics I mean doing some groundwork and authenticating whatever matter we want to post.
Rusting is common for some parts. My Audi Q7 started rusting in about 2 years. But how common is it for the parts to start rusting in just a few months. Hexa is a newly launched product and cannot be older than a few months.

Also, what would be the impact on the strength of the rusted part?
airbender is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2017, 23:27   #3164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbender View Post
Rusting is common for some parts. My Audi Q7 started rusting in about 2 years. But how common is it for the parts to start rusting in just a few months. Hexa is a newly launched product and cannot be older than a few months.

Also, what would be the impact on the strength of the rusted part?
Found rusting on discs of a week old Brezza of my tenant's and just a three days old Honda jazz of my colleague (under the seat too).
All these were observed a couple of months back and brushed off from our minds without a second thought.

But its surprising to see the reactions of "enthusiasts" on such a forum to such issues which even common folk are well aware of!

As someone said earlier, lets not degrade the content of this thread by randomly picking images off the net or posting those that you've seen if you don't know the facts.

Though everyone has a right to opinion, it's also our duty to maintain content standards!
Whoever the owner is, no one can ignore a 20+L rupee car and abandon it without any underlying motives which we may not be aware of.

Having said that, regarding your point (for which i quoted you and not for the above!), on the strength of the parts which maybe exposed to rust, i have no clue. But looking at all the other cars out there doing just fine, am not at all worried!

Ps: rust on disc forms on the Brezza when not used for a few days and not always, as is in the case of Hexa. Could this be dependent on hardness of water? Just wondering
abhi7013 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2017, 00:33   #3165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
I don't think that is a right statement. Irrespective of the car or manufacturer, if a problem is highlighted or reported, the facts should and have always been discussed in detail in this forum. In general, I don't think there is any attempt to demean a particular manufacturer. Just of the top of my head, I can recall the below threads related to issues about a product or manufacturer. The first 2 are from Crazy_Driver himself. Hence he would be the last person I would accuse of being biased.
And this is the same Crazy guy who compares an Jeep with Nexon and this just an example to show how biased people here are -

Tata Hexa : Official Review-9313a6e0abb841ffa2fc4fedf916ddaf.jpeg

He must also realise that a 15lac Compass will be picked from less options and while the 5.5lac Nexon will be taken after evaluating atleast 10-12 cars in same segment and price range.
gowda79 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed