Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2019, 10:37   #586
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Amritsar
Posts: 20
Thanked: 30 Times
Default Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoneAndDusted View Post
Hi Guys - Anyone aware of any updates (Cosmetic) to Fortuner planned for this year? I heard we might have a facelift soon but am not really sure
Facelift might take another year, we will come to know as soon as they launch it in Thailand. But dealers are installing body kits and a bigger touch screen unit to the vehicles here, not sure if these are original Toyota accessories but the original warranty is being honoured.

Got these pictures:
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Fortuner : Official Review-0fd879543a1f460fbfc06f8c98746485.jpeg  

Toyota Fortuner : Official Review-234ed0866ef4432a9478edf6c329edf2.jpeg  

Toyota Fortuner : Official Review-218cce37979f4745a43cbe84ac0150c2.jpeg  

superdunkaroos is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2019, 16:16   #587
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 4,287
Thanked: 2,784 Times
Default Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
[BWith 420 NM the Toyota Fortuner Manual Transmission Variant may be the most powerful (Torque wise) Diesel 'Manual' in production on Sale in India.
Interesting observation, and a true one, however, the Safari Storme V400 and it's cousin, the Hexa are MTs with just 5% difference in torque figures.

The Pajero Sport too is an MT with 400NM, in the same ball park.

The reintroduced Endy 2.2MT also puts out 385NM.
n.devdath is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2019, 19:36   #588
Distinguished - BHPian
 
karan561's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 4,782
Thanked: 18,289 Times
Default Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshkumar31 View Post
You are right. The only diesel manuals even nearly as torquey as the Fortuner are the Endeavour and Pajero Sport. Above this regardless of budget, there seem to be no diesel manuals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Interesting observation, and a true one.
Yes, the FORTUNER manual is the most torquiest diesel manual available to buy.

@ n.devdath - Its not a hidden fact that you have been posting ANTI-TOYOTA / FORTUNER posts consistently Hence mentioning those closely powerful products was unnecessary (as i am already aware about those figures on those cars), specifically the way you mention i.e. just "5% lower on torque."

My post was to make Fortuner 'manual' owners feel good about owning the most powerful diesel (torque wise) Manual available on sale in India.

Last edited by karan561 : 3rd March 2019 at 19:46.
karan561 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 5th March 2019, 14:45   #589
BHPian
 
dean5545's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: mumbai
Posts: 784
Thanked: 1,222 Times
Default Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review

On the topic of Manual Fortuner owners feeling good,
I am attaching a screen grab of my Fuel consumption display.

A stunning 14.4km/l, Mind you I am running heavier BF Goodrich tyres.
Toyota Fortuner : Official Review-img_0496.jpg

Toyota Fortuner : Official Review-img_0497.jpg
This was an early morning drive from Bandra to Malad. I wasn't driving slow either (23 km in 35minutes in Bombay!).

It's possible only because of the availability of Torque at low rpm and the 6-speed MT.
Oh! and did I mention that I am still on my stock rear brake pads at 63,000km and replaced the front ones only 5000km back. All thanks to engine braking.
dean5545 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th March 2019, 18:32   #590
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 84
Thanked: 69 Times
Default Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
On the topic of Manual Fortuner owners feeling good,
I am attaching a screen grab of my Fuel consumption display.
=====
Oh! and did I mention that I am still on my stock rear brake pads at 63,000km and replaced the front ones only 5000km back. All thanks to engine braking.
How did you achieve this figure?? A friend owning the Fortuner AT (the previous generation) does not get more than 8 km/l on the city and 12 on the highway! I do not think the highway figures are anything to write home about. He uses cruise control extensively on the highways.

Last edited by Jaggu : 12th March 2019 at 18:57. Reason: Trimming the large quoted post. Thanks.
balderash_12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2019, 09:59   #591
Senior - BHPian
 
getsurya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,561
Thanked: 1,658 Times
Default

For the happiness with MID, my 5.5 years young Fortuner returned these numbers when driven sedately
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Fortuner : Official Review-20190314_100604.jpg  


Last edited by getsurya : 14th March 2019 at 10:07.
getsurya is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2019, 13:42   #592
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Delhi
Posts: 158
Thanked: 234 Times
Default Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review

This is Fortuner specific insurance query although i looked up the automobile insurance thread.
Last month i have had insurance policy for my 2017 model renewed and found that no independent agent would cover Consumables and Key Protect. Also, no other dealer in Delhi would renew the Toyota Policy except the one who sold me the car (Galaxy Toyota).
It was not only due to about 25000/- difference between quotes of independent vs galaxy toyota but because i hate galaxy toyota for their terrible-terrible customer service especially at body workshop at moti nagar.
It was surprising that i was ready to pay even more that what Galaxy Toyota had quoted, but still no independent would issue cover for consumables and keys and no other toyota dealer would renew it.

Last edited by DwarkaDelhiWala : 3rd April 2019 at 13:45.
DwarkaDelhiWala is offline  
Old 3rd April 2019, 20:29   #593
Senior - BHPian
 
navpreet318's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Dehradun
Posts: 2,132
Thanked: 2,415 Times
Default Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review

Why exactly is it so important to cover consumables and keys? Keys are easy to save. And in case of consumables, some fluids and some other tit-bits I don't think it's a heavy expense.
navpreet318 is offline  
Old 4th April 2019, 08:43   #594
BHPian
 
bobbyvictor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 37
Thanked: 5 Times
Default Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review

Guys- The Navigation clock on my new Fortuner 4X4 MT shows 2.30 am when its actually 8.00 am - i have tried all possible tricks that i knew to try and correct the time but cant just figure this out - The time settings on the nav system only allows me to select the time zone - any one who know how to do this please help. The Vehicle clock is easy to adjust :-)
bobbyvictor is offline  
Old 4th April 2019, 08:49   #595
BHPian
 
roby_dk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 735
Thanked: 2,073 Times
Default Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Why exactly is it so important to cover consumables and keys? Keys are easy to save. And in case of consumables, some fluids and some other tit-bits I don't think it's a heavy expense.
For keys I am not sure but consumables and salvage charges are high. I had a zero dep insurance and I paid around 40k for consumables and salvage on an insurance claim of 6L. BTW I had the policy from ICICI lombard.
roby_dk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2019, 10:08   #596
jav
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 213
Thanked: 40 Times
Default Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyvictor View Post
Guys- The Navigation clock on my new Fortuner 4X4 MT shows 2.30 am when its actually 8.00 am - i have tried all possible tricks that i knew to try and correct the time but cant just figure this out - The time settings on the nav system only allows me to select the time zone - any one who know how to do this please help. The Vehicle clock is easy to adjust :-)

The clock is automatically synced from GPS signal, there is no manual way to adjust, the time should update almost instantly on a clear day but takes time when GPS signal is weak and it will show the last switched off time when there is no signal example when parked in a basement.
jav is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2019, 10:47   #597
Senior - BHPian
 
navpreet318's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Dehradun
Posts: 2,132
Thanked: 2,415 Times
Default Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
For keys I am not sure but consumables and salvage charges are high. I had a zero dep insurance and I paid around 40k for consumables and salvage on an insurance claim of 6L. BTW I had the policy from ICICI lombard.

That is indeed a high salvage charge. Why don't you try Tata AIG. They don't charge salvage or Bharti AXA.
navpreet318 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2019, 11:24   #598
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 299
Thanked: 497 Times
Default Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Why exactly is it so important to cover consumables and keys? Keys are easy to save. And in case of consumables, some fluids and some other tit-bits I don't think it's a heavy expense.
Keys on the newer cars are fairly expensive, upwards of 10k (must go up with the brand too). While having one stolen is difficult, losing or damaging one is not. So might be good to have insurance on that.

Also, consumables are not just engine oil and coolant, there are a host of others like brake oil, AC gas, transmission fluid etc and the sum of all can be good insurable sum.

Overall, makes sense to have insured, but then again, don't see why some insurer won't be willing to cover it, there is already a separate premium for it.
varunsangal is offline  
Old 4th April 2019, 11:30   #599
Senior - BHPian
 
navpreet318's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Dehradun
Posts: 2,132
Thanked: 2,415 Times
Default Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunsangal View Post
Keys on the newer cars are fairly expensive, upwards of 10k (must go up with the brand too). While having one stolen is difficult, losing or damaging one is not. So might be good to have insurance on that.

Also, consumables are not just engine oil and coolant, there are a host of others like brake oil, AC gas, transmission fluid etc and the sum of all can be good insurable sum.

Overall, makes sense to have insured, but then again, don't see why some insurer won't be willing to cover it, there is already a separate premium for it.
Although it might be good to have them covered, I never personally thought it worthwhile to pay the extra premium for the same. Though insurance for me a different aspect altogether.
I think some of the new companies cover all the aspects outside of the dealerships too. It is just a matter of approaching the right person who is educated enough in insurance.
navpreet318 is offline  
Old 4th April 2019, 12:01   #600
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 299
Thanked: 497 Times
Default Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Although it might be good to have them covered, I never personally thought it worthwhile to pay the extra premium for the same. Though insurance for me a different aspect altogether.
I think some of the new companies cover all the aspects outside of the dealerships too. It is just a matter of approaching the right person who is educated enough in insurance.
Insurance is just that, you pay of security during an event that you hope never happens!!

Completely agree that the dealership or manufacturer provided insurance (Honda Assure, Maruti Insurance etc etc) are all a rip-off, same cover is always available at a lesser cost elsewhere.
varunsangal is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2021, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks