Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2019, 15:51   #631
BHPian
 
roby_dk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 705
Thanked: 1,978 Times
Default Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
Is there a 2.4 liter version of the Fortuner diesel? If not will it be launched in the near future?
No as of now there is no version with 2.4 liter engine. Only 2.7(Petrol) and 2.8(Diesel) is on sale in India. There is no news around a new engine but with BS6 norms coming into picture soon there can be changes.

Can checkout below options:

CRV - Equally reliable
Hexa - 2.2 engine and value for money MUV
Endeavour/Alturas- 2.2 engine
roby_dk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2019, 08:04   #632
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: delhi
Posts: 147
Thanked: 581 Times
Default Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review

Toyota Fortuner TRD Sportivo India-spec showcased to dealers at an event in Bangalore. Same event where the Vellfire was showcased. Looks sharp

Source
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Fortuner : Official Review-2019toyotafortunertrdsportivoindialaunchprice.jpg  

mayanksabharwal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2019, 13:34   #633
MAS
Senior - BHPian
 
MAS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,875
Thanked: 1,347 Times
Default Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review

Toyota showcased its Fortuner TRD Facelift at the GAIKINDO Indonesia International Auto Show 2019.

The video link is below


What I like about the new TRD shown in the Video
- Front Parking Sensors
- 4 Rear Parking Sensors
- Smaller Chrome Wrapped around the Fog Lamps

However, the front bumper looks like an Aftermarket fitment
MAS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2019, 00:51   #634
Senior - BHPian
 
navpreet318's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Dehradun
Posts: 1,978
Thanked: 1,712 Times
Default Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review

Most manufacturers are now gearing up to launch and Dispatch BS6 versions of their vehicles by December/January. Some have even started with the launches and are going to dispatch shortly.

Anyone have any update on the BS6 Fortuner?
navpreet318 is online now  
Old 13th August 2019, 12:43   #635
BHPian
 
rugsrags's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Kanpur
Posts: 244
Thanked: 184 Times
Default Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review

I have an issue to share, and any advice will be most welcome. I have an exact year old Fortuner which i bought from a different city and dealer than the one in my city, hence wasn't there to physically do the PDI. The car was sent half way to my city by the dealer and half way my driver went to collect the same. I was also not in town at the time of delivery so saw the car only post 15 days after delivery.

When i did finally see the car i noticed that the steering column plastic covering was misaligned and was not sitting flush and inspite of trying to close the gap it kept popping open. The other thing i noticed was the glovebox lid was also misaligned and was popping open on one side after closing.

While these were minor issues I decided to get the same checked at the 1st inspection at a 1000 kms. The 1st inspection happened at a different dealer than the one i bought from and the one at my city ( don't ask why it's just that i was travelling a lot at the time and the car was in use at the time in a different city where i was spending a lot more time). While the steering column plastic covering was dealt with promptly by dismantling the steering cover and realigning and closing it again the glovebox alignment required them to check by opening up the entire dashboard which i wasn't very comfortable with in a new vehicle hence decided against it at the time especially since it seemed like a minor issue. But as you all know us petrolhead are a different breed altogether and a flaw no matter how minuscule needs to be addressed asap, still i refrained from bringing it up at the 5000kms service but couldn't delay it at the 10000km service and brought it to the notice of the service centre and gave them the go ahead to open the dashboard.

This of course required time and I had to leave the vehicle overnight but surprisingly i get a call the next day that the issue hasn't been resolved and they've sent a report to Toyota, in the meanwhile i can take the car back. Post a few weeks I got a call from the dealer that Toyota has asked for certain details and if i could please bring the car back. I did so and there was a big photo-session of the entire car. I was also asked to leave the car again but this time for 2-3 days which at the time I couldn't do so requested them to wait for the next service. This was during the 15000 kms service and since I know my car was covering kms pretty quickly the next service would be due in no time.

At the 20k kms service i did leave the car and they again tried to re-align the glovebox but without success and they were yet to hear back from Toyota about the resolution. So now my car had done 20 k kms with no resolution as yet and all the fiddling had made the glovebox gap increase too.

25k kms service and i'd brought the car back to my city and the service happened here. I brought the ongoing issue to the attention of the service centre here and the usual re-start of the investigation started at its leisurely pace of the service centre first saying that they have reduced the gap and as per them it isn't that prominent any more which i completely didn't agree to. They rechecked by trying a substitute glovebox from some other car and as per them it fit perfectly ergo the issue is in the glovebox, but they can't change it under warranty unless they get an approval from Toyota for the same so I was asked to wait for the reply and in the meanwhile take the car back!

Now my car has returned from its 30 k kms service 2-3 weeks back and this time they tell me there is some lock from inside which is broken and since this issue was earlier handled by a different dealer they are trying to coordinate with them and asking them to send a report to Toyota because if they send their report Toyota will not consider their claim since its a broken lock due to use of a misaligned glovebox. Also this time when i received the car back the glovebox is now rattling a lot which wasn't the case earlier and it looks like they've managed to go ahead and break something in the course of their investigation.

I'm pretty fed up now but the service manager is requesting me not to write to Toyota as yet since they are trying to follow up on their own and incase nothing happens in a week or two (which got over today) only then to write a mail to Toyota. As of now my car has 32k kms on its odometer and with a problem that has gone from bad to worse. What do you guys think should i do? Should i wait or should i just escalate the matter now. My car has to be now serviced in the future with this dealer only since i've pretty much shifted back so I don't wish to ignore a service manager's request but I've pretty much reached the end of my patience with this issue. Any advice will be welcome.
rugsrags is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th August 2019, 13:04   #636
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Reinhard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 3,450
Thanked: 9,692 Times
Default Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugsrags View Post
I'm pretty fed up now but the service manager is requesting me not to write to Toyota as yet since they are trying to follow up on their own and incase nothing happens in a week or two (which got over today) only then to write a mail to Toyota. As of now my car has 32k kms on its odometer and with a problem that has gone from bad to worse. What do you guys think should i do? Should i wait or should i just escalate the matter now. My car has to be now serviced in the future with this dealer only since i've pretty much shifted back so I don't wish to ignore a service manager's request but I've pretty much reached the end of my patience with this issue. Any advice will be welcome.
Wow thats a long time spent for getting a fix that is known! Not going too well with Toyota's advertised image. I suggest follow up with this A-S-S. Draft the email you have in mind for Toyota & send it instead to the dealer. Tell them this is what you'll send if you don't get a resolution in another 2 days or so.

If they are able to show you hard proof that they are interacting with Toyota regularly for your case & are waiting for an approval - its okay to show patience I think.

Whats the price of a replacement glovebox in case you simply change it? Such parts are not always covered in warranty either due to their regular usage by people. If its a fairly priced part & you are too fed up - your last resort after the follow up with Toyota will be to just replace it out of pocket & get over with it.
Reinhard is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 13th August 2019, 14:03   #637
BHPian
 
rugsrags's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Kanpur
Posts: 244
Thanked: 184 Times
Default Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Wow thats a long time spent for getting a fix that is known! Not going too well with Toyota's advertised image. I suggest follow up with this A-S-S. Draft the email you have in mind for Toyota & send it instead to the dealer. Tell them this is what you'll send if you don't get a resolution in another 2 days or so.

If they are able to show you hard proof that they are interacting with Toyota regularly for your case & are waiting for an approval - its okay to show patience I think.

Whats the price of a replacement glovebox in case you simply change it? Such parts are not always covered in warranty either due to their regular usage by people. If its a fairly priced part & you are too fed up - your last resort after the follow up with Toyota will be to just replace it out of pocket & get over with it.
You're right about the advertised image. It's a hogwash i feel when we say that a Toyota is easier on the pocket than any other vehicle. I spent a lower amount in servicing my Rexton over the same kilometres.I agree on the reliability and quality part that one hears though but the issue i faced in a new vehicle definitely made me wonder on their quality inspection team.

I did ask them about the replacement glovebox and that i'll be willing to pay for it too but I don't think they're sure about the replacement glovebox being a fix too since they refused and said that let's wait for Toyota to instruct us. I have a feeling maybe they've damaged something else too. I don't know.
rugsrags is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th August 2019, 15:33   #638
BHPian
 
rugsrags's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Kanpur
Posts: 244
Thanked: 184 Times
Default Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugsrags View Post

I did ask them about the replacement glovebox and that i'll be willing to pay for it too but I don't think they're sure about the replacement glovebox being a fix too since they refused and said that let's wait for Toyota to instruct us. I have a feeling maybe they've damaged something else too. I don't know.
It seems like the day i choose to post my query is the day for resolution too. I just received a call from the dealership saying that Toyota has refused to honour this under warranty saying that the lock has broken with use and is not a manufacturing defect. Wonder who used it though since i received the car with this issue. The replacement glovebox is around 12k inclusive taxes as informed to me. So i've shot off a mail to Toyota and i got a call from their call centre asking if i wish to raise a request or a complaint for the same, well now i guess its turned into a complaint only since I've been requesting for a resolution for a year now.
rugsrags is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th August 2019, 15:33   #639
Senior - BHPian
 
cool_dube's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,555
Thanked: 1,112 Times
Default Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayanksabharwal View Post
Toyota Fortuner TRD Sportivo India-spec showcased to dealers at an event in Bangalore. Same event where the Vellfire was showcased.
With no offence to Fortuner owners and with all due respect to the capable vehicle that the Fortuner is, I am really sad to see the transition it has made from a no-nonsense, rugged SUV of the first gen to a bling and jazzy piece of chrome in the current avatar :( Whither are the good old Plain Jane "I-mean-business" SUVs of yesteryear?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugsrags View Post
You're right about the advertised image. It's a hogwash i feel when we say that a Toyota is easier on the pocket than any other vehicle.
I am not sure if Toyota has ever claimed being easy on the pocket. They have always taken pride in their unmatched quality and customer satisfaction levels, which seems to be in contradiction with the situation being faced by you. I would strongly suggest escalating the matter to Toyota customer care, if not already done so.

Last edited by cool_dube : 13th August 2019 at 15:35.
cool_dube is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2019, 17:38   #640
MAS
Senior - BHPian
 
MAS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,875
Thanked: 1,347 Times
Default Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review

OFF-ROAD CAMP FOR FORTUNER IN CHENNAI

Got a call from Lanson Toyota just now that Toyota has organised an Off-Road Camp for Fortuner in Chennai on 17 & 18 Aug 2019 at Semmancherry, OMR.

I may land up on Sunday 18 Aug 2019. Anyone else interested to join?
MAS is offline  
Old 14th August 2019, 07:04   #641
Distinguished - BHPian
 
4x4addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 4,274
Thanked: 3,431 Times
Default Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
With no offence to Fortuner owners
( Whither are the good old Plain Jane "I-mean-business" SUVs of yesteryear?!
No offense to Pajero Owners , Have you seen the new Pajero Sport ?

Unfortunately, both Toyota and Mitsubishi seems to be on this chrome bling funky design spree. Only Ford and to some extend the MUX seems to retain any semblance to the classic SUV shape.
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2019, 10:52   #642
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Yes
Posts: 5,252
Thanked: 6,216 Times
Default Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugsrags View Post
The replacement glovebox is around 12k inclusive taxes as informed to me. So i've shot off a mail to Toyota and i got a call from their call centre asking if i wish to raise a request or a complaint for the same, well now i guess its turned into a complaint only since I've been requesting for a resolution for a year now.
Ask them to check the price once again. If it is the lower glovebox that you mentioned which needs replacement it doesn't look much different than the one in Crysta, both look similar and i don't see why fortuner's box should cost 12k.

https://www.team-bhp.com/carpics/201...-crysta-51.jpg

https://www.team-bhp.com/carpics/201...ortuner-69.jpg

I bought a glovebox for my Crysta (as i had to cut the original for a mod) and it was priced in the range of 2.5k excluding the lock. Glovebox lock is to be reused and so is the damper on the left side of the box.
Sankar is offline  
Old 14th August 2019, 11:07   #643
Senior - BHPian
 
cool_dube's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,555
Thanked: 1,112 Times
Default Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
No offense to Pajero Owners , Have you seen the new Pajero Sport?
Could not agree more In fact, never quite liked the previous gen Pajero Sport as well, with all the straights and boxes of the SFX giving way to curves!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Unfortunately, both Toyota and Mitsubishi seems to be on this chrome bling funky design spree. Only Ford and to some extend the MUX seems to retain any semblance to the classic SUV shape.
Yeah, not sure what's wrong with them! I guess they have succumbed to the market's tilt towards these kind of designs! Not sure what else is in store for SUV buyers going forward.
cool_dube is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2019, 15:38   #644
BHPian
 
KING DYSP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: KA 17/Mysore
Posts: 165
Thanked: 417 Times
Default Toyota Fortuner BS6

Toyota Fortuner BS6 rumoured to cost ~Rs. 4.5 Lakhs More!
Quote:
The Toyota Fortuner BS6 will see a noticeable price hike in January 2020.

With the freshly proposed laws for taming the pollution caused by diesel mills, new technology is likely to be added to the diesel vehicle segment. Added technology will add to the cost of overall vehicles as well. For example, the Toyota Fortuner BS6 will see a price hike of around Rs. 4.5 lakhs!
If the price hike is as predicted, then I think buying BS4 Fortuner now is a great value proposition for prospective buyers.

Link to full article - Motorbeam

Last edited by KING DYSP : 15th August 2019 at 15:39.
KING DYSP is offline  
Old 18th August 2019, 10:48   #645
BHPian
 
SaiSW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Good Blue Earth
Posts: 363
Thanked: 849 Times
Default Re: Toyota Fortuner : Official Review

The Toyota Fortuner gets a new 9 inch touchscreen system with Android Auto/Apple Carplay compatibility in Malaysia, India update soon

https://www.rushlane.com/toyota-fort...medium=twitter
Attached Images
 

Last edited by SaiSW : 18th August 2019 at 10:51.
SaiSW is offline   (8) Thanks
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2020, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks