Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2023, 16:03   #571
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Pune
Posts: 54
Thanked: 96 Times
Re: Hyundai Tucson : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by qaqa View Post

c. I am experiencing engine vibrations on the steering wheel at low speeds. The engine noise is also quite audible inside the cabin at low speeds. Is this normal for the Diesel Tucson? The vibration and noise is absent in my father's Diesel Seltos which I have driven extensively, hence felt there may be something wrong with my car. The car has only run 11K so far is about 1.5 years old at this point.
Assuming that you got the basic servicing done with all the fluids changed, try extra green from IOCL. It brought down vibrations significantly for me. If it works, you donít have to keep using the same unless it is a personal choice. I fill up with 1 extragreen after 4-5 normal tank fulls. PS: mine is an XUV 700 but this might work for you as well.
ramradcliff is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2023, 09:52   #572
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 7
Thanked: 10 Times
Re: Hyundai Tucson : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by qaqa View Post
Hi, I recently picked up a pre-owned Diesel Tucson (2021 facelift edition). I needed some help on some aspects -

c. I am experiencing engine vibrations on the steering wheel at low speeds. The engine noise is also quite audible inside the cabin at low speeds. Is this normal for the Diesel Tucson? The vibration and noise is absent in my father's Diesel Seltos which I have driven extensively, hence felt there may be something wrong with my car. The car has only run 11K so far is about 1.5 years old at this point.
I do not feel any noticeable vibration on my car from the engine, of course its not as smooth as BMW . Even the engine noise can be noticed only when the windows are rolled down. I have a 2018 Diesel GLS which has done about 30k kilo meters. You should get that checked, if all engine mounts are fine.
aa-Crecy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2023, 09:42   #573
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 900
Thanked: 1,411 Times
Re: Hyundai Tucson : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by qaqa View Post
Hi, I recently picked up a pre-owned Diesel Tucson (2021 facelift edition). I needed some help on some aspects -

a. When running Android Auto, pressing the voice control button on the steering wheel does not summon Google Assistant. It instead activates Hyundai's built in voice command system. Is there a way to map the voice control button to summon Google assistant / Siri when running Carplay / Android Auto?

b. The rear camera quality is really poor. Not only is the resolution low, it is prone to washing out in bright light and becomes very grainy in low light. Has anyone tried to upgrade the rear camera? Any inputs in this regard would be helpful.

c. I am experiencing engine vibrations on the steering wheel at low speeds. The engine noise is also quite audible inside the cabin at low speeds. Is this normal for the Diesel Tucson? The vibration and noise is absent in my father's Diesel Seltos which I have driven extensively, hence felt there may be something wrong with my car. The car has only run 11K so far is about 1.5 years old at this point.

I have a 2017 Hyundai Tucson. I downloaded and installed the "Navigation Updater" software available online (https://update.hyundai.com/IN/E1/navigationUpdate), with a view to download and update the maps on the SD card of my Tucson. But when I ran that s/w, it seems to support map update only for the 2022 models.

I suspect its something to do with the compatibility with the GPS unit. But nevertheless, support for older models is a MUST.

How do I update the maps on my 2017 model, any idea?
vharihar is offline  
Old 14th June 2023, 09:55   #574
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 43
Thanked: 52 Times
Re: Hyundai Tucson : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vharihar View Post
I have a 2017 Hyundai Tucson. I downloaded and installed the "Navigation Updater" software available online (https://update.hyundai.com/IN/E1/navigationUpdate), with a view to download and update the maps on the SD card of my Tucson. But when I ran that s/w, it seems to support map update only for the 2022 models.

I suspect its something to do with the compatibility with the GPS unit. But nevertheless, support for older models is a MUST.

How do I update the maps on my 2017 model, any idea?
I've picked up a used 2017 model with AWD.
The HeadUnit software update maybe only available thru the service centers. Nothing is available or easily seen on Hyundai's web pages.
Once RC is transferred, planning to take it to them for a look thru and any updates that are pending.
trailsndirt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2023, 00:34   #575
BHPian
 
M_Poweredd_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2022
Location: Nashik
Posts: 27
Thanked: 98 Times
Re: Hyundai Tucson : Official Review

Hello, I want an advice from you guys regarding my car purchase. We currently have a XUV 500 2014 with 1L kms on the odo. We are looking for a car that can be useful for city as wel as highway drives with family. 5 seater is enough for us. A used Tucson would be a good fit in my opinion or a used Jeep Compass. Budget is under 20L. Should I go for it? My hyundai salesperson said that there is a problem sourcing parts for the car. Is it true? I am going to use it for atleast 5 years.
M_Poweredd_ is offline  
Old 14th July 2023, 06:59   #576
BHPian
 
bijims's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Location: Muscat
Posts: 492
Thanked: 1,431 Times
Re: Hyundai Tucson : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Poweredd_ View Post
Hello, I want an advice from you guys regarding my car purchase. We currently have a XUV 500 2014 with 1L kms on the odo. We are looking for a car that can be useful for city as wel as highway drives with family. 5 seater is enough for us. A used Tucson would be a good fit in my opinion or a used Jeep Compass. Budget is under 20L. Should I go for it? My hyundai salesperson said that there is a problem sourcing parts for the car. Is it true? I am going to use it for atleast 5 years.
The Tucson is a CKD import, so there may be issues with parts availability, as it's not a high-selling vehicle. The Compass on the other hand is available in the used car market for very good prices, it tends to lose its value quicker and has lower resale value.
bijims is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2023, 10:07   #577
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 43
Thanked: 52 Times
Re: Hyundai Tucson : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Poweredd_ View Post
Hello, I want an advice from you guys regarding my car purchase. We currently have a XUV 500 2014 with 1L kms on the odo. We are looking for a car that can be useful for city as wel as highway drives with family. 5 seater is enough for us. A used Tucson would be a good fit in my opinion or a used Jeep Compass. Budget is under 20L. Should I go for it? My hyundai salesperson said that there is a problem sourcing parts for the car. Is it true? I am going to use it for atleast 5 years.
Reliability side, Id prefer the Hyundai over the Jeep.
Parts are not stocked by many dealers as it was a CKD and low-volume vehicle. Having said that, if your local garage has the expertise with diagnostic tools, can book the service ahead of time to allow them to get the parts needed.
My garage has serviced my Yeti 4x4 for almost 10 years, and now the Tucson 4WD automatic and had good insights on the issues with Hyundai and Jeep.
Jeeps tend to have the odd issues cropping up every now and then and over time, this garage has seen the same model year Compass come in at least 2 to 3 times in one year. Tucsons, perhaps once for the annual service and twice when something really broke but rarely for the same vehicle.
Still, I'd keep a couple of lakhs worth over the selling price for other things to fix on either vehicle to be safe - tires (including the spare), tire replacement kits (popular item to be nicked when sold in the second-hand market), cosmetics and one general service even if the log books shows it was done recently.
trailsndirt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th August 2023, 13:34   #578
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Delhi Cantt
Posts: 545
Thanked: 197 Times
Re: Hyundai Tucson : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailsndirt View Post
Reliability side, Id prefer the Hyundai over the Jeep.
Parts are not stocked by many dealers as it was a CKD and low-volume vehicle. Having said that, if your local garage has the expertise with diagnostic tools, can book the service ahead of time to allow them to get the parts needed.
My garage has serviced my Yeti 4x4 for almost 10 years, and now the Tucson 4WD automatic and had good insights on the issues with Hyundai and Jeep.
Jeeps tend to have the odd issues cropping up every now and then and over time, this garage has seen the same model year Compass come in at least 2 to 3 times in one year. Tucsons, perhaps once for the annual service and twice when something really broke but rarely for the same vehicle.
Still, I'd keep a couple of lakhs worth over the selling price for other things to fix on either vehicle to be safe - tires (including the spare), tire replacement kits (popular item to be nicked when sold in the second-hand market), cosmetics and one general service even if the log books shows it was done recently.
I am currently planning to acquire a pre-owned Tucson. It is a 2018 GL 2WD Diesel 2nd owner 153000 km piece. The owner is asking for 12 L.

The owner says that the car was under warranty till March 23 and all repairs could be done when required, without a need for any penny-pinching.

I am in a dilemma. Is 153000 km too much? Or does it not matter much?

Also, which could be this warranty that was in force for five years and some 140000 km?

Can I request someone to throw some light on the situation, pl?

P.S I am yet to see the car in person.
skdking is offline  
Old 11th August 2023, 15:06   #579
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 43
Thanked: 52 Times
Re: Hyundai Tucson : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by skdking View Post
I am currently planning to acquire a pre-owned Tucson. It is a 2018 GL 2WD Diesel 2nd owner 153000 km piece. The owner is asking for 12 L.

The owner says that the car was under warranty till March 23 and all repairs could be done when required, without a need for any penny-pinching.

I am in a dilemma. Is 153000 km too much? Or does it not matter much?

Also, which could be this warranty that was in force for five years and some 140000 km?

Can I request someone to throw some light on the situation, pl?

P.S I am yet to see the car in person.
153K is quite a bit but if the maintenance has been done as per the schedules, you may be able to knock the price down a little bit.
Regarding the warranty, it's now done. Anything from here on will be on the owner's pocket. Before you head to see the vehicle, you can drop by into any service center and ask about the coverage and costs if it helps.
I'd be more interested in the test drive - clutch, gear shifts, steering feel from lock to lock and all the electronics and buttons. This is a big vehicle and any bodywork can cost quite a penny. Do look at the tires, discs, and suspension.
trailsndirt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2023, 10:28   #580
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2022
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15
Thanked: 42 Times
Re: Hyundai Tucson : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailsndirt View Post
Reliability side, Id prefer the Hyundai over the Jeep.
Parts are not stocked by many dealers as it was a CKD and low-volume vehicle. Having said that, if your local garage has the expertise with diagnostic tools, can book the service ahead of time to allow them to get the parts needed.
My garage has serviced my Yeti 4x4 for almost 10 years, and now the Tucson 4WD automatic and had good insights on the issues with Hyundai and Jeep.
hi trailsndirt, I was considering a used Hyundai Tucson from 2017 - 2019 and was inclined towards the Diesel GLS because of it's torque. One of the owners said that sourcing of spare parts was an issue.

1. Are there any garages you'd personally recommend in Bangalore for servicing the Tucson ?
2. What's the worst that one should be prepared for, in case of spare part unavailability ? And how much time would it usually take even to procure these parts (I'm assuming, from Korea)
capnemo is offline  
Old 22nd September 2023, 10:41   #581
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 43
Thanked: 52 Times
Re: Hyundai Tucson : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by skdking View Post
I am currently planning to acquire a pre-owned Tucson. It is a 2018 GL 2WD Diesel 2nd owner 153000 km piece. The owner is asking for 12 L.

The owner says that the car was under warranty till March 23 and all repairs could be done when required, without a need for any penny-pinching.

I am in a dilemma. Is 153000 km too much? Or does it not matter much?

Also, which could be this warranty that was in force for five years and some 140000 km?

Can I request someone to throw some light on the situation, pl?

P.S I am yet to see the car in person.

Warranty will no longer apply for that number on the ODO.
Test driving will be the key.
Get a feel for the clutch, and gear shifts including reverse and lock-to-lock steering (while driving like in a figure of 8s).
Press every single button to make sure they are doing what they are supposed to. Tucson parts are not the easiest to get if something were to be sorted. If you have a buddy mech, have a look under the hood for any bits that might need to be looked more closely or need fixing.
Mine for context, after driving for 20 minutes or so started to show a belt squeak noise which needed a replacement along with the tensioner. The test drive did not reveal it.
Do look VERY closely at all the tires including the spare. Take the spare out and see if all the things needed are in place - jack, tools, etc. If any of the tires are installed the wrong way, insist on having the vehicle inspected in a garage. On mine, one tire was installed in reverse that hid a bulge/minor tear and was only noticed when I took it for alignment and balancing.
trailsndirt is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks