Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2021, 13:51   #556
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Tucson : Official Review

Hi,
Does anyone know if the front passenger seat height can be increased for the Tucson. I have seen some spacers that can be mounted under the seat mounting but not sure if this will work out well.
Found a link here but unsure if to go ahead ; https://www.k5optimastore.com/produc...seat-riser-kit

regards,
Seacat
Seacat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2021, 06:40   #557
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacat View Post
Hi,
Does anyone know if the front passenger seat height can be increased for the Tucson. I have seen some spacers that can be mounted under the seat mounting but not sure if this will work out well.
Found a link here but unsure if to go ahead ; https://www.k5optimastore.com/produc...seat-riser-kit

regards,
Seacat
Had purchased these risers from the same store. They are very efficient and have excellent customer service. They ship it via USPS Priority Mail International shipping with tracking, and I received it around one month later. Had no issues with customs.

For the Tucson, unfortunately, they only provide 2 risers for each seat (and they usually email you to confirm this before processing the order). These two risers are meant for the rear of each seat. In effect, this raises the rear of the seat only, changing the seat squab angle.

We were definitely happier with the result, rather than without, as the increase in height and change in seat squab angle were comfortable for us. This will, however, depend entirely on your body structure and personal preferences.

I had purchased two sets of risers and used the second set to raise the driver seat too. Did not check if one could use the second set to raise the front of the seat too.
kranti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2021, 13:32   #558

Headlight modification for my 2018 Hyundai Tucson.

Hello BHPians,

Let me start of by saying that this is my first ever thread and I'm super excited to be a part of the this community.

Now about myself, consider me new to the practical car stuff and i would like you guys to make me as knowledgeable as you are.

I would like you guys to help me find good headlams for my 2018 Tucson. The stock low beam lams are halogen projectors and halogens for high beam and fog lamps as well. These lights are very dull and doesn't offer much visibility.

Lately, it has become very difficult to drive around in the night with these headlamps, let it be city or highways. I was thinking of going for led lights for both low beam and fog lamps but then one of my friends told me that the LED lights don't go well with the projector setup. He told me that the light throw and angle will be very weird. And he suggested me to go with good aftermarket halogens and not the white LED's.

I'm now clue less and in a dilemma. I want to know which lights should i replace for night driving. Should i replace just the lowbeams and foglamps or all the lights? Should i go with led or halogens? and which ones give good brightness, visibility and longer throw.

The main purpose of this is because the car is majorly driven by my dad and he travels atleast 2500kms every month. He drives on highways with oncoming highbeams hitting his eyes and city driving and also few ghats and forest sections. Lately he has a very less confidence in driving that car in the nights due to these dull lights.

Please suggest a few good lights.

Thankyou
Hsatyam.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Tucson : Official Review-img20210222wa0007.jpg  

Attached Images

hsatyam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2022, 18:30   #559
BHPian

Folks, I am in the market for a new Car. Though Tucson is a lovely Car, it is at the fag end of lifecycle which makes me hesitant to go for it.
Is there any information on launch of 2021 Tucson model in India? Zigwheels says that it is planned to be launched in March 2022; if thats the case I am willing to wait for the the new model.
Old 9th February 2022, 10:13   #560
BHPian

Hyundai and Kia are recalling nearly half a million vehicles in the U.S. over a fire risk.

The issue is deemed so serious that the automakers are telling affected owners to park their vehicle outside and away from buildings until a repair has been carried out.

Vehicles in the recall include the 2016-2018 Hyundai Santa Fe, 2017-2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport, 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe XL, and 2014-2015 Hyundai Tucson.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/news/h...ars-fire-risk/
Old 4th April 2022, 17:02   #561
BHPian

I recently acquired a pre-owned Tucson GLS petrol. Having a very good time with the car though I have a few queries.
  • Which brake to use - As of now when the vehicle stops at a traffic light, I keep the transmission in D and switch on EPB. EPB turns off automatically when I press the accelerator. Is this the recommended practice or should I move to N and then switch on EPB. I would like to avoid a situation where the brakes are fighting the engine to keep the car stationary. I have not yet used the Auto Hold option.
  • Wheel alignment figures. I tried searching the manual for the wheel alignment values. My previous car manual had the permissible values of camber, caster, and toe. However when I search for the same in Tucson manual, I find that I may never have to align the wheels which I think is quite odd. Would like to know how this is managed
Name:  Screenshot 20220404 165032.jpg
Views: 1157
Size:  62.5 KB
Old 4th April 2022, 18:14   #562
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meph1st0 View Post
I recently acquired a pre-owned Tucson GLS petrol. Having a very good time with the car though I have a few queries.
  • Which brake to use - As of now when the vehicle stops at a traffic light, I keep the transmission in D and switch on EPB. EPB turns off automatically when I press the accelerator. Is this the recommended practice or should I move to N and then switch on EPB. I would like to avoid a situation where the brakes are fighting the engine to keep the car stationary. I have not yet used the Auto Hold option.
  • Wheel alignment figures. I tried searching the manual for the wheel alignment values. My previous car manual had the permissible values of camber, caster, and toe. However when I search for the same in Tucson manual, I find that I may never have to align the wheels which I think is quite odd. Would like to know how this is managed
Attachment 2292181
EPB is meant to be used with N or P mode. In D mode, the vehicle is definitely trying to move but not enough to overcome EPB I think. Would you apply handbrake with manual transmission in gear and clutch engaged?

Auto hold is as good as applying foot brake without strain on your leg. Your car can be in D mode, modern transmissions are smart enough to disengage the transmission if vehicle is stopped with D+brake (it's known as idle neutral control or something like that). If you play close attention, you can feel the transmission engaging when you move forward after coming to a full halt with D+auto hold.

Your brake light will be on during auto hold. No brake light if only EPB is applied.

The engineers have taken care of almost all everyday situations. No need to overthink especially in a torque converter transmission. Just use brakes or auto hold to stop. EPB for parking the car.
androdev is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2022, 10:45   #563
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharathan View Post
I own a Tucson for more than 2 years now. Mainly driven by my wife in the city and me when we go on a road trip. I'm having steering alignment problems with my car for more than a year now. The car drifts significantly to the left when steering is in the neutral position, and the problem is more evident in the highways, due to higher speeds. I have to hold it a little to the right to make it go in a straight line.

In the city, its not much of a problem due to the light steering. But on highways and long rides, it can be a problem. Given the car to service center more than 4 times last year and they went all the way up to changing the tie rod to fix the issue. It was OK for a while, but now its started to appear again. Multiple wheel alignments done and Hyundai is not able to fix the issue. Does anyone face the same issue with this or any other Hyundai car. Any solution for this? Due to this problem, all my planned road trips on this car, are now on hold.
Hello. I am also facing the same problem. Mine is 2018 GLS AWD. Still to find a solution.

Last edited by robby0707 : 12th July 2022 at 10:47.
Old 12th July 2022, 12:00   #564
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by robby0707 View Post
Hello. I am also facing the same problem. Mine is 2018 GLS AWD. Still to find a solution.
This is a well known problem for the current generation Tucson. My SA advised me against buying the Tucsom due to this inherent problem. He added that this problem has been taken care in the next generation.
Old 15th July 2022, 06:49   #565
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharathan View Post
I own a Tucson for more than 2 years now. Mainly driven by my wife in the city and me when we go on a road trip. I'm having steering alignment problems with my car for more than a year now. The car drifts significantly to the left when steering is in the neutral position, and the problem is more evident in the highways, due to higher speeds. I have to hold it a little to the right to make it go in a straight line.

Quote:

I had the same issue - was very noticeable and irritating(GLS diesel, face-lifted model from 2021 Nov), but it completely went away after the first service. I have driven over 7k kilometers since then and it never re-appeared. Over 90% of my trips are highway drives.
Old 15th July 2022, 08:21   #566
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moongazer View Post
I had the same issue - was very noticeable and irritating(GLS diesel, face-lifted model from 2021 Nov), but it completely went away after the first service. I have driven over 7k kilometers since then and it never re-appeared. Over 90% of my trips are highway drives.
Did they do anything in the first service? And where do you service from. Half of the people in my home town service centre haven’t even heard of Tucson. I want to try taking it to a place like Bangalore /Delhi.

Last edited by robby0707 : 15th July 2022 at 08:27.
Old 15th July 2022, 10:32   #567
BHPian

Quote:
Did they do anything in the first service? And where do you service from. Half of the people in my home town service centre haven’t even heard of Tucson. I want to try taking it to a place like Bangalore /Delhi.
They only mentioned oil top up. I was in a hurry during the time and completely forgot to mention about the steering alignment issue. So they either knew of the issue or assumed that I had it as well and fixed it.

There was a noticeable improvement in NVH of the engine in sports mode after the first service too. I cannot for the life of me understand how an oil top up would improve NVH of the engine. I assumed that there might have been a software update.

I get the car serviced from Advaith Hyundai Service Center(next to the showroom). They are pretty familiar with Tucson.
Old 18th July 2022, 10:27   #568
BHPian

Hi, Regarding the steering issue pulling to the left, I faced the same problem. There is a steering centering sensor on the vehicle which needs to be adjusted. The ASS will do this for you. It should be centered to zero. Have it checked out.
Regards,
Seacat
Old 31st October 2022, 23:28   #569
BHPian

Hi, I recently picked up a pre-owned Diesel Tucson (2021 facelift edition). I needed some help on some aspects -

a. When running Android Auto, pressing the voice control button on the steering wheel does not summon Google Assistant. It instead activates Hyundai's built in voice command system. Is there a way to map the voice control button to summon Google assistant / Siri when running Carplay / Android Auto?

b. The rear camera quality is really poor. Not only is the resolution low, it is prone to washing out in bright light and becomes very grainy in low light. Has anyone tried to upgrade the rear camera? Any inputs in this regard would be helpful.

c. I am experiencing engine vibrations on the steering wheel at low speeds. The engine noise is also quite audible inside the cabin at low speeds. Is this normal for the Diesel Tucson? The vibration and noise is absent in my father's Diesel Seltos which I have driven extensively, hence felt there may be something wrong with my car. The car has only run 11K so far is about 1.5 years old at this point.

Last edited by qaqa : 31st October 2022 at 23:29.
Old 14th April 2023, 15:19   #570
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by qaqa View Post
Hi, I recently picked up a pre-owned Diesel Tucson (2021 facelift edition). I needed some help on some aspects -

a. When running Android Auto, pressing the voice control button on the steering wheel does not summon Google Assistant. It instead activates Hyundai's built in voice command system. Is there a way to map the voice control button to summon Google assistant / Siri when running Carplay / Android Auto?

b. The rear camera quality is really poor. Not only is the resolution low, it is prone to washing out in bright light and becomes very grainy in low light. Has anyone tried to upgrade the rear camera? Any inputs in this regard would be helpful.

c. I am experiencing engine vibrations on the steering wheel at low speeds. The engine noise is also quite audible inside the cabin at low speeds. Is this normal for the Diesel Tucson? The vibration and noise is absent in my father's Diesel Seltos which I have driven extensively, hence felt there may be something wrong with my car. The car has only run 11K so far is about 1.5 years old at this point.
Hello. Own a diesel tucson and just crossed 70k kms. Haven’t ever faced any of the problems you have mentioned.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks