Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2019, 16:10   #451
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Tucson : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinay23 View Post
The Tucson speakers are strictly average and I wasn’t very impressed. Is there a way to replace the stock streakers without voiding the warranty ?
I’m surprised how none of the other owners have upgraded their systems.
I have done it, spent alot of time and money on it. I have even installed a center speaker inside the dash as the international models get it and there is enough space to install one, placed subwoofer inside the spare wheel well so that boot space isn't taken up by a subwoofer.

I have my build log in a different forum about the same, not sure if i can share the link here. Can any mod confirm this ?

Here is an image of the dash after center speaker install
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Tucson : Official Review-img_20170604_182351_01.jpg  

Last edited by mjumrani : 31st October 2019 at 16:15. Reason: More information.
mjumrani is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2019, 20:12   #452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjumrani View Post
I have done it, spent alot of time and money on it. I have even installed a center speaker inside the dash as the international models get it and there is enough space to install one, placed subwoofer inside the spare wheel well so that boot space isn't taken up by a subwoofer.

I have my build log in a different forum about the same, not sure if i can share the link here. Can any mod confirm this ?

Cool. The average sound quality is more to do with the HU than the speakers. HU processing is not nice. Some tracks sound nice because Arkamys does some DSP mostly enhancing the mids and lows a bit and sends to all speakers, so it kind of amplifies it. I didnt like it and also upgrading speakers alone wont help.
Old 2nd November 2019, 13:10   #453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkc15 View Post
Cool. The average sound quality is more to do with the HU than the speakers. HU processing is not nice. Some tracks sound nice because Arkamys does some DSP mostly enhancing the mids and lows a bit and sends to all speakers, so it kind of amplifies it. I didnt like it and also upgrading speakers alone wont help.

Yup, that's correct. I use Fiio X3 or Allo Digiplayer as my source.
Old 3rd November 2019, 08:36   #454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjumrani View Post

Even i have upgraded the audio system in my tucson. I have installed vibe blackair components in all the four doors powered by vibe 4 channel amplifier. Even i found the audio quality below average. The headunit is to be blamed because the speakers are of same specifications as were in my sonata but the audio quality in sonata was way better.
Old 13th November 2019, 08:44   #455
BHPian

I am considering a Tucson purchase and have a few queries:
1. Although I am considering the petrol AT I test drove the diesel as petrol AT TD car is not available in Mumbai as per all dealers. During the test drive I found the brake bite a bit lower. Can owners comment on the braking ability and are they satisfied.

2. Although the back seat is spacious, the seat is raised from the middle and feels a bit hard at the back due to the armrest. Is the seat ok to have 3 passengers on a longer drive?

3. As mentioned before I did not get a Petrol AT to test drive so I tried the Tucson diesel and Creta petrol AT to test the power delivery as it has the same family engine and gearbox and the power to weight ratio may be the same. Is this fine of should I test drive the Elantra which has the exact same engine and gearbox.
Old 13th November 2019, 11:45   #456
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkv_hunter View Post
3. As mentioned before I did not get a Petrol AT to test drive so I tried the Tucson diesel and Creta petrol AT to test the power delivery as it has the same family engine and gearbox and the power to weight ratio may be the same. Is this fine of should I test drive the Elantra which has the exact same engine and gearbox.
No - you should TD the exact car, engine & transmission combination. Trim levels can be ignored. But drivetrain has to be exactly in the same car for a TD. Without that - you are spending 20+ big ones on a car with 0 idea of how it is going to drive. Don't do that.

One doesn't TD a Ciaz & buy an Ertiga simply because it has the exact same engine and gearbox. And these cars don't even cost half of the Tucson.

Last edited by Reinhard : 13th November 2019 at 11:47.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th November 2019, 11:58   #457
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkv_hunter View Post
I am considering a Tucson purchase and have a few queries:
1. Although I am considering the petrol AT I test drove the diesel as petrol AT TD car is not available in Mumbai as per all dealers. During the test drive I found the brake bite a bit lower. Can owners comment on the braking ability and are they satisfied.
Try contacting Sai Auto Hyundai in Powai. They had a Petrol AT demo car till last month. Do not make a decision without trying out the petrol as to me it felt very under powered while the diesel was really good to drive. I changed my mind and bought a Seltos only because i did not like the drive experience of the Petrol Tucson so I would urge you to please take a test drive and only then make the decision.
vvb8530 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2019, 13:32   #458
Senior - BHPian

I test drove both the Petrol AT and Diesel AT last month.

The petrol AT has linear way of gathering speed and is just fine for a sedate driver. It is a very refined engine.

The Diesel AT accelerates faster (or seems to) and is more fun to drive.

Economically, unless you drive the vehicle a LOT, the petrol AT is a more sensible buy, but the diesel a more exciting one.
AbhiJ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th November 2019, 23:01   #459
BHPian

Been some time since I posted on the forum. My experience with the Tucson for the past two years has been amazing. I look forward to taking my car out every time I get a chance. The low-end torque just makes it so much fun to drive the car. Also the experience with Advaith Hyundai, ORR, Bangalore for service has been exemplary.

I had a couple of issues with the car recently. One being the now infamous pulling-to-the-left issue. Wheel alignment and balancing did not solve it.

The I came across this thread from @ach1lles - link. Mentioned this thread to my friendly SA Vikas at the service station and he used the GScan-II tool to recalibrate the steering sensor. Apparently it was at 8 (units of deviation not known) and it was reset to zero. I got the car this morning and went on a test drive. The pulling to the left was still apparent. So Vikas got in a mechanic from the service station to continuously adjust the tie rod bolts and then drive to see if the pulling is minimized. At the end of 20 minutes or so, I was happy. The car was not pulling to the left any more.

The other issue I had with the car, that I noticed recently on my trips to Hyderabad was the crazy amount of shuddering being transferred to the steering when I brake even lightly, at highway speeds. This was root-caused by Vikas to be a problem with the the brake rotor face being deformed due to some rocks/sand between the brake pads and the rotor. So Advaith Hyundai took care of this under warranty. Apparently Hyundai doesn't right away replace the rotor but will try to face it on a lathe. I was concerned about the integrity of the rotor after facing but was ensured by the manager of the service station and my SA that the facing is done very slightly. Now that issue is solved too.

Thanks to Vikas and Advaith Hyundai, ORR for taking care of complaints patiently, all the timely updates on the repair, etc.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 30th November 2019 at 23:47. Reason: Corrected typos and punctuation.
sandeep.k is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th December 2019, 13:06   #460
BHPian

I just heard that Hyundai has been pushing discounts of 3L - 4L on the Tucson, so if you are on the fence, may be it is a good time to pick it up.
Old 6th December 2019, 12:53   #461

A quick question for the Tucson owners. I have been driving our new Tucson, pretty much city driving (Delhi roads, so yeah traffic snarls and waits) for 1 month since we got its delivery. Done close to 800km so far and I see an average of close to 7kmpl (Petrol GLS model). I know that the car is new and will probably score better average once it goes past 2000 km mark. But I am surprised with low mileage early on, as against 10-12kmpl expected.

Is that something to be worried on? I see other Tucson owners citing mileage of 10+ in early posts. Is this because you drive it using "Eco" mode? I just drive in normal mode, and no heavy AV usage either since its been relatively cooler weather nowadays in Delhi.

Any advice/suggestion/comment is most welcome.
Old 6th December 2019, 15:38   #462
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swissflag View Post
A quick question for the Tucson owners. I have been driving our new Tucson, pretty much city driving (Delhi roads, so yeah traffic snarls and waits) for 1 month since we got its delivery. Done close to 800km so far and I see an average of close to 7kmpl (Petrol GLS model). I know that the car is new and will probably score better average once it goes past 2000 km mark. But I am surprised with low mileage early on, as against 10-12kmpl expected.

Is that something to be worried on? I see other Tucson owners citing mileage of 10+ in early posts. Is this because you drive it using "Eco" mode? I just drive in normal mode, and no heavy AV usage either since its been relatively cooler weather nowadays in Delhi.

Any advice/suggestion/comment is most welcome.
Is yours an automatic? 7 kmpl does seem low. Maybe get it checked out.

My manual diesel gives 9.5 kmpl in Blore's stop and go traffic. Going up to max 16.5 kmpl when I go out on long drives on the NHAI highways.
vharihar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2019, 15:41   #463

Quote:
Originally Posted by vharihar View Post
Is yours an automatic? 7 kmpl does seem low. Maybe get it checked out.

My manual diesel gives 9.5 kmpl in Blore's stop and go traffic. Going up to max 16.5 kmpl when I go out on long drives on the NHAI highways.

Yes it is the Automatic (Petrol Highest Variant). Thanks for the advice, I will have this checked out at the first due service date.
Old 6th December 2019, 15:44   #464
BHPian

Quote:
^^Is it really so much of a risk?

Mine is a Jan 2017 manufactured Tucson (based on VIN#) which I purchased brand new in Oct 2017. Haven't had any problems and it's been a fantastic driving experience (other than the occasional shudder that seems to be a known problem in the Tucson, see https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post4530506 (Hyundai Tucson : Official Review) ; though I don't recall experiencing it much lately)
An update (after a little over 2 yrs of ownership):
My shudder problem seems to have greatly reduced/gone away, since past 8-9 months. Dunno how.

Also, the AC thermostat had to be replaced 2 years after purchase, bcoz the AC cooling was unsatisfactory. This they did under warranty for free, and now the AC works perfectly.

The only problem now is the braking (from day 1 of ownership). I feel the brake pedal has a long throw before it gets activated, after which it kind-of kicks in suddenly. So a bit nerve-wracking to experience.

Have others also experienced this?

Last edited by vharihar : 6th December 2019 at 15:46.
vharihar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2019, 16:05   #465
BHPian

Quote:
An update (after a little over 2 yrs of ownership):
My shudder problem seems to have greatly reduced/gone away, since past 8-9 months. Dunno how.

Also, the AC thermostat had to be replaced 2 years after purchase, bcoz the AC cooling was unsatisfactory. This they did under warranty for free, and now the AC works perfectly.

The only problem now is the braking (from day 1 of ownership). I feel the brake pedal has a long throw before it gets activated, after which it kind-of kicks in suddenly. So a bit nerve-wracking to experience.

Have others also experienced this?

Have you brake-pads been replaced? I only guess it could be a reason for pedals long throw as i watched this video from Engineering Explained last week:

AnandB is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks