Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2019, 12:13   #391
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Tucson : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pachchu77 View Post
Congrats ! May you have a very pleasant, fully satisfying ownership experience with this gentle beast ! (Btw, it is Tucson ... not Tuscon )
Did you get to test drive Petrol variant ? When I was looking to make a choice between Petrol/Diesel Tucson last year, my dealer had only diesel variant available for TD.
Thanks, yet to get the spelling (pronunciation too) right, must practice

Yes I did, My dealer (Hyundai own dealership actually) had a petrol test drive variant which had a good low end but kind of ok in the middle range but like i said for a city use, quite adequate, loaded with features & hopefully better resale value 5 years down the lane.
urajkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2019, 12:42   #392

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan2007 View Post
What are the realistic discounts one can expect on Tucson?

I bought a Tucson white gls diesel last month. My on road gujarat was 26 lacs gls 4x4 top model. The 4x2 model (o) with sunroof was about 23.40 on road. I am outside municipal area so I don’t have municipal tax. Includes 3 year warranty and free service for 3 years.

Buy a bs4 engine car. You will never get discounts like this on the bs6 models. Also govt has assured that all bs4 models registered before March 31st 2020 will continue to their entire lifespan. Neither does the fuel affect the engine. Might be 3 percent over 15 years. Plus bs6 engines will have less mileage.

Just wait till 20th when GST cut proposal will be tabled at the GST council meet. After that book your car. It’s a wonderful car.

Last edited by Rehaan : 5th September 2019 at 16:49. Reason: Fixing some typos. Your auto-correct doesn't seem to like the term 'GST'!
Ashboyt is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th September 2019, 13:03   #393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashboyt View Post
I bought a Tucson white gls diesel last month. My on road gujarat was 26 lacs gls 4x4 top model. The 4x2 model (o) with sunroof was about 23.40 on road. I am outside municipal area so I don’t have municipal tax. Includes 3 year warranty and free service for 3 years.
That is a very good price indeed. Waiting till 20th for any GST benefits; if any dealer matches the above price, will book one immediately.

What was your waiting period like?
Old 10th September 2019, 13:53   #394
BHPian

Yeah 26L on road for the 4x4 diesel gls is great pricing. Might as well get this to replace my 1st gen santa fe. The R series hyundai diesel engine is awesome. Manual i have is fun to drive, hopefully the auto gearbox doesn't kill the power of the engine. At 26L for top model makes no sense to go for Fortuner/Endeavor for me unless off roading. Bit smaller than the Santa Fe but should be fine for me.
Old 10th September 2019, 16:13   #395
BHPian

Quote:
I bought a Tucson white gls diesel last month. My on road gujarat was 26 lacs gls 4x4 top model. The 4x2 model (o) with sunroof was about 23.40 on road. I am outside municipal area so I don’t have municipal tax. Includes 3 year warranty and free service for 3 years
Man I envy you. 26L for a top end Tucson ??? The thing touches 34L OTR here in Blore. Only if it were priced the same here, I would’ve traded my Verna in for this anyday. I feel it’s the perfect upgrade from my Verna.

This kind of exorbitant pricing means I will be keeping my Verna for a long time.

Congratulations on your new ride. Wish you loads of happy miles with it.
drhoneycake is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2019, 11:39   #396

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihrishi View Post
That is a very good price indeed. Waiting till 20th for any GST benefits; if any dealer matches the above price, will book one immediately.

What was your waiting period like?
Had to wait about 26 days for the car.
Ashboyt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2019, 12:13   #397
BHPian

Did you get exchange bonus or was it straight discount to 26 on road?
Old 11th September 2019, 12:21   #398
BHPian

Quote:
I bought a Tucson white gls diesel last month. My on road gujarat was 26 lacs gls 4x4 top model. The 4x2 model (o) with sunroof was about 23.40 on road. I am outside municipal area so I don’t have municipal tax. Includes 3 year warranty and free service for 3 years..
Sorry, didn't understand the municipal tax part. Can you please elaborate?
Old 11th September 2019, 17:13   #399
BHPian

Rumors surface again regarding the facelift for the festive season.

https://www.zigwheels.com/news-featu...5033/#leadform

Couple other online websites reporting the same. They should have just launched it early this year or this summer. I don't know why they had to delay this facelift for so long.
Old 11th September 2019, 17:53   #400
BHPian

Makes sense as they are officially offering 2lac discounts and possibly more if they intend to clear the stock before the facelift launch.
Old 12th September 2019, 08:51   #401

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnandB View Post
Did you get exchange bonus or was it straight discount to 26 on road?
The exchange bonus was included in the price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan2007 View Post
Sorry, didn't understand the municipal tax part. Can you please elaborate?
My home address is in GANDHINAGAR. It’s outside the municipality limits. Thus 1 per cent municipal tax is not applicable on me.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 12th September 2019 at 09:02. Reason: Merged back-to-back posts. Please use the Multi-Quote button to reply to more than one post at a time. Thanks.
Old 12th September 2019, 11:39   #402
BHPian

Wow 26 for Diesel GLS is an amazing price..I paid a little over that but for petrol GLS (I did get a similar offer for a 2018 diesel model with no sunroof which I didn’t opt for) ..however I am very happy about my choice!

The car is perfect for me & i love it because
- everything is automated (keyless, auto headlamps, auto boot, orvm etc) just get in and simply drive
- Perfect length for parking considering my constraints at office & outside
- what a looker in black (Yup its a dust magnet but I have drivers at home so )
- superb driving position & big panoramic sunroof
- City mileage of 8-9 km/L & highway 11 km/L
- Silent petrol but average mid-range (the turbo diesel is better here)
- Much against my friends advice I upgraded my Tyres (255/45/R18) and changed alloys as it has always been a tradition so far on all my cars and I am happy with my decision
- blackened the fog lamp a little and changed the headlamp to white to make it consistent with the dual barrel headlamp
- 8 out of 10 think its Creta but that works for me as it avoid unwarranted attention (ok fine it does hurt a little bit)

Anyway enough with the talking, please find some pics 😄
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Tucson : Official Review-t1.jpg  

Hyundai Tucson : Official Review-img_0711-1.jpg  

Hyundai Tucson : Official Review-img_0713-1.jpg  

Hyundai Tucson : Official Review-t3.jpg  

Hyundai Tucson : Official Review-img_0710-1.jpg  

Hyundai Tucson : Official Review-t2.jpg  

Hyundai Tucson : Official Review-t5.jpg  

urajkumar is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th September 2019, 11:50   #403
BHPian

Wow, what a looker. Having had to skip black on the Octavia my next car will be black again. Black looks so good especially if you maintain it daily.

Can you tell which month did you buy it and how long did they take to give the black color car?

Last edited by AnandB : 12th September 2019 at 11:56.
AnandB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2019, 08:10   #404
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by urajkumar View Post
- blackened the fog lamp a little and changed the headlamp to white to make it consistent with the dual barrel headlamp
Could you please help me out with what modifications you have carried out with your headlamps? Details, links or any other insight would be helpful.

Thank You .
Old 13th September 2019, 14:29   #405
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnandB View Post
Wow, what a looker. Having had to skip black on the Octavia my next car will be black again. Black looks so good especially if you maintain it daily.

Can you tell which month did you buy it and how long did they take to give the black color car?
Thanks, maintaining it is important and so far so good.

I booked it in August & got it delivered in next week (apparently they have 19 cars in stock at that time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Could you please help me out with what modifications you have carried out with your headlamps? Details, links or any other insight would be helpful.

Thank You .
I changed the headlamp using the Genome HID conversion kit & fog lamp to Genome LED conversion kit, both which were plug & play for white light instead of the yellow light.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks