Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2023, 10:11   #181
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass Petrol AT : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosh_aveo1.4 View Post
So gave my Jeep Compass petrol automatic for service and they claimed that the C engine mount is gone and need to check the other 2 mounts. Was shocked to hear cost per mount is 14k???? Wonder if any of the Jeep owners knows this. I don't feel any vibrations or discomfort. I took the car back saying I'll check it once again and then go back (if it's indeed damaged, I'll go to Jeep itself to get it, not sure of non OEM parts)
I got this replaced recently, there was a crack on this C-Mount. Yes, it costs around 14K. If there is any damage then better to get this replaced.
Old 15th September 2023, 10:26   #182
BHPian

The MultiAir in your Compass is very similar to the one in the Tjet and has very similar mounts to mine. I had to recently replace all 3 of mine even though the car drove fine except for a mild vibration through the steering at idle.

On inspection we found that the rubber in the gearbox mount had completely sheared off, the hydraulic mount was leaking slightly and the rubber in the 3rd mount had cracks. The difference post replacement is nothing short of dramatic when it comes to noise and vibration so please do check the other mounts carefully.

And yeah, Stellantis parts aren't cheap.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 24th January 2024 at 09:14. Reason: Minor typos.
Old 15th September 2023, 12:51   #183
BHPian

Quote:
So gave my Jeep Compass petrol automatic for service and they claimed that the C engine mount is gone and need to check the other 2 mounts. Was shocked to hear cost per mount is 14k????
I also had to get Engine C mount replaced in my 2017 Compass petrol AT recently in May. Around 14K is correct.

It was causing clunking sounds in reverse and 1st gear - Seems to be a
common problem in Compass ATs?
Old 19th September 2023, 15:55   #184

Hey esteemed members, I am looking at a used 2021 jeep compass 1.4 model S (in company warranty and low run <20k). The price is a few lakhs more than a new taigun 1.5 dsg top model (or any other new comparable car).

Does makes sense to buy for my usecase or from a financial pov? Listed my requirements here - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-...ml#post5627420 (Is the Jeep Compass 1.4 DCT a capable city car?)

I got a chance to drive the compass petrol dct yesterday. It felt *significantly* heavy compared to my polo gt 1.2 and the engine started with a diesel like shudder that shook the entire front of the car. The engine did settle down and no vibrations thereafter except when pushing the engine to a high rpm (>4k). I haven’t seen that on any of the VW turbo petrols - is this normal for the 1.4 multiair?

The engine did feel like it was lacking punch and felt very very sluggish at low rpms. But the suspension and ride was amazing, significantly better than the polo over bumps and breakers. The car did not really feel ‘fun to drive’ in the city compared to instant power available on the polo gt tsi 1.2.

Very confused and seeking bhpian opinions here
Old 19th September 2023, 21:38   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by useless_potato View Post
the engine started with a diesel like shudder that shook the entire front of the car.
I've the same Compass (model, variant, year of manufacturing and odo reading). There's no shudder when starting and at idle it is barely audible. Infact couple of times, I've parked the car and left for errands only to find out later that the engine is still running.

However, if the car is not used in a while, and the battery charge is less, it starts with a shudder. The lower the charge, the higher the noise and shudder at the time of starting.
vinodvaddi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2024, 07:59   #186
BHPian

Quote:
So I was toying around with the idea of doing a remap on the petrol automatic I have in hand as I mainly drive in the city and the lag is just awful. Friend suggested to speak to Code6 and seems they have done this for several Jeep Compass petrol automatic for improving the 'drivability' part of it in city and not outright max speed performance (which I really don't care for even in highways). Just a stage 1 remap upgrade is what I had in mind, which costs Rs. 28k. Any thoughts from anyone on this?
So did you finally go for it? Am toying with the same idea for the exact same reason. Need a better torque curve. Am totally fine with the existing power. Not getting much feedback on Petrol AT.
Old 24th January 2024, 10:54   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ess_a View Post
So did you finally go for it? Am toying with the same idea for the exact same reason. Need a better torque curve. Am totally fine with the existing power. Not getting much feedback on Petrol AT.
Not yet. Will be planning to do this around March or April, have some other expenses saved up for my other car :-)

Yeah the power is fine but its the low end pickup that I wish was improved. Hopefully they get to do that correctly. Which are the tuners you have at your place?
Old 24th January 2024, 21:50   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Not yet. Will be planning to do this around March or April, have some other expenses saved up for my other car :-)

Yeah the power is fine but its the low end pickup that I wish was improved. Hopefully they get to do that correctly. Which are the tuners you have at your place?
Have Code6 option via Autopsyche. Am also considering Wolf Moto when they visit delhi next. But no reviews for Petrol AT anywhere for any of them.
Old 25th January 2024, 22:46   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ess_a View Post
Have Code6 option via Autopsyche. Am also considering Wolf Moto when they visit delhi next. But no reviews for Petrol AT anywhere for any of them.
Yeah the same problem I face as well. The wolf moto guy said that it would cost around 30k but we would get around 20% increase only as the gearbox is tuned towards milage. Not sure how accurate it is though but he didn't push me to go for it unlike the Code6 guy that said I'll feel a huge diff it seems.
Old 26th January 2024, 07:35   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by useless_potato View Post
I got a chance to drive the compass petrol dct yesterday. It felt *significantly* heavy compared to my polo gt 1.2 and the engine started with a diesel like shudder that shook the entire front of the car. The engine did settle down and no vibrations thereafter except when pushing the engine to a high rpm (>4k). I haven’t seen that on any of the VW turbo petrols - is this normal for the 1.4 multiair?
I have a 1.4 Multiair manual. The shudder is definitely not normal. if there is one good thing about the 1.4 Multiair it is the refinement. Like someone else already mentioned, it is likely to be the battery. I have recently gone through a dead battery experience. In the few weeks before the original battery died, the car used start with so much of shaking that I had thought something is wrong with the engine mounts. The shudder completely disappeared after the battery was replaced.
Night Raven is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2024, 01:10   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Yeah the same problem I face as well. The wolf moto guy said that it would cost around 30k but we would get around 20% increase only as the gearbox is tuned towards milage. Not sure how accurate it is though but he didn't push me to go for it unlike the Code6 guy that said I'll feel a huge diff it seems.
Yeah. But unfortunately have not been able to find out from anyone who has actually tuned via Wolf or via Code6. I had posted in the other thread on Tuning too, but nothing there. I guess people maybe be ok with the performance and that’s why no feedback on TBHP yet.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks