Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2019, 23:20   #91
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass Petrol AT : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subrat Seet View Post
Almost the Compass is getting ready. Anyone suggest carpet lamination, which is costing around 7.5K?
Thank you and regards
Subrat
Subrat, I wouldn't suggest laminating the carpet floor. I had laminated the floor on my Punto in 2011 and I've now decided that my next car will not have laminated carpets. The seats have to be removed off the car for the procedure and we have to be wary of the squeaks/rattles in the worst-case scenario of an incompetent job done.

You can rather source good 3D mats and regular vacuuming of the floor will keep your car in good shape.
The Riddler is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th December 2019, 19:06   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Riddler View Post
Subrat, I wouldn't suggest laminating the carpet floor. I had laminated the floor on my Punto in 2011 and I've now decided that my next car will not have laminated carpets. The seats have to be removed off the car for the procedure and we have to be wary of the squeaks/rattles in the worst-case scenario of an incompetent job done.

You can rather source good 3D mats and regular vacuuming of the floor will keep your car in good shape.
Thank you so much. I didn't go for it. Best is to go for a 3D mat. Off-course, they have provided a set of matting.
Subrat Seet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2020, 13:20   #93
VMG
BHPian

Is Petrol AT comes with cruise control?
Old 13th January 2020, 09:05   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMG View Post
Is Petrol AT comes with cruise control?
No, unless they have added the feature recently.
Old 14th January 2020, 21:51   #95
BHPian

Took delivery of the Jeep Compass Ltd-O Petrol AT two weeks back. I had earlier chronicled my experiences and thoughts around the quest (spanning 6 months) for an upgrade from a very capable Skoda Rapid, in the Kia Seltos (as i had booked and then later cancelled the GTX+ Diesel AT Seltos) and the Skoda Octavia Onyx threads. Had decided on Compass by mid-December 2019, with the year end discounts helping in the decision making. KHT Motors Inner Ring Road did a decent job with a seamless purchase and delivery process.
The build quality and the amazing ride had impressed during the test drive, and same holds true two weeks into my ownership. Driving in Bangalore traffic, the much discussed lag does not impact very in real world, in my opinion. Maybe will feel it in the highway when trying to do a quick overtaking maneuver, but for now, no complaints on the ride and pull. It sure does not have the exhilarating surge of power as am used to from Rapid's 1.6 TDi engine, but IMO, the 1.4 Multi AIR DDCT does it job quietly, pulling the heavy vehicle along at a decent rate. Car feels heavy and by Jove, the doors and the hood ARE solid or what! Efficiency is a different matter all-together. So far, the fuel efficiency shown is a measly 6.5 km /L, all in city traffic. Maybe with usage it will improve, but had made peace with this fact while choosing the vehicle. UConnect works seamlessly with Android Auto and though I had apprehensions if will miss the screen space from say a Seltos, the 7 inch infotainment system of Compass does it job well, especially the voice commands for navigation. Love the electronic parking brake too. The red Jeep sure is a looker and I opted a ceramic coating from Ultimate Detailerz. Here is a picture of the shiny Compass after the session there. Will update with my ownership experience as time goes by.
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass Petrol AT : Official Review-img_20200111_154956.jpg  

anoop cheeran is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 16th January 2020, 13:33   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoop cheeran View Post
Took delivery of the Jeep Compass Ltd-O Petrol AT two weeks back. Will update with my ownership experience as time goes by.
The car looks sexy. I think it is a proper upgrade for your Rapid. You will see increase in mileage, once you learn the amount of foot pressure you need to move the beast. It is no road scorcher, however once you know, how to use your heavy foot it is fun indeed. It is faster than Rapid and you will enjoy it!
My beast gives avg of 9 kmpl in Delhi. Turbo petrols are very sensitive to accelerator inputs, so that is all that you need to learn. Learn to tame the 165 horses under the hood and you will enjoy it buddy! Just be careful with the torque steer.
Roadster17 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2020, 15:34   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoop cheeran View Post
Took delivery of the Jeep Compass Ltd-O Petrol AT two weeks back.
Congrats, the car is indeed a looker in the red colour.

Were there any discounts on offer or any other deals that you got on the Petrol AT? A friend is looking to pick one up and would be helped by any relevant information in this regard.
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2020, 16:58   #98
BHPian

Hello, thanks for the kind comments. I, like most others who purchased the Compass in the period of October - Dec, did get significant discounts. For Longitude and Limited (except Ltd Plus) there were discounts offered upto 1.5L, different quantum for different variants though and based on negotiations with dealer.
Do keep in mind that these were the BS4 engines. Not sure how the discount scene is now being played out, what with arrival of BS6 diesel engine equipped AT and imminent arrival (?) of BS6 petrol engine Compass.
The dealers used to mention that production was tapered / halted towards end of 2019. If there are pre-existing stocks from 2019, no reason why the same discounts should not be asked for. If a discount around 1L is not being offered for 2019 car, IMO, it might be worthwhile to wait for release of BS6 Petrol AT as it is rumored to come with few updates.
anoop cheeran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2020, 13:11   #99
BHPian

So I got a pre owned 2017 Jeep Compass petrol automatic by Jan this year. Ran 25k km and current odo is 28k. Just now went to service and they gave me a hefty bill of nearly Rs. 30k (hefty considering I own Nissan Sunny, Honda CRV and a Honda Civic). It was the 3rd year 4th service of 45k km.
Work includes 45000 km service (the usual oil change, lil filter change, air filter and ac filter change) + 4 wheel brake cleaning+ general check up+ washing+ suspension o/h+ scanning and programming+ front brake pad change+spark plug change
So is this like expected or did I just pay for something for no reason?

Last edited by rosh_aveo1.4 : 4th July 2020 at 13:16.
rosh_aveo1.4 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2020, 13:28   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosh_aveo1.4 View Post
So I got a pre owned 2017 Jeep Compass petrol automatic by Jan this year. Ran 25k km and current odo is 28k. Just now went to service and they gave me a hefty bill of nearly Rs. 30k (hefty considering I own Nissan Sunny, Honda CRV and a Honda Civic). It was the 3rd year 4th service of 45k km.
Work includes 45000 km service (the usual oil change, lil filter change, air filter and ac filter change) + 4 wheel brake cleaning+ general check up+ washing+ suspension o/h+ scanning and programming+ front brake pad change+spark plug change
An usual service (filter changes, oil change, washing and general check-ups) cost around 12k. If you add the other things that you included, seems in the range.
Old 6th July 2020, 01:35   #101
Senior - BHPian

Question for Petrol AT owners.

1. Is the car jumpy or jarring while doing super slow speeds like 10-15km/h?
2. The accelerator responsiveness feels different at speeds >50km/h
3. The gear shifter doesn’t slot properly in my opinion. The P & R positions feel bad to slot around in and too rubbery feeling instead of crisp clicks. I’m not sure I’m getting the point across well. Most automatic’s have a crisp notch feeling when moving between PRND, this feels vague.
4. Any recommended fixes updates to common issues that exist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosh_aveo1.4 View Post
What’s done is done. Thinking about it won’t make you feel better now. And if your car is under warranty then you have to do all advised services or they can refuse claim. As long as car is running fine and makes you happy it’s worth it.
quickdraw is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2020, 11:55   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
Question for Petrol AT owners.

1. Is the car jumpy or jarring while doing super slow speeds like 10-15km/h?
- No, but at low speeds sometimes the gear change lags a bit. I used to notice it especially when exiting roundabouts, but after a while one adjusts to use of accelerator accordingly and now I don't notice it at all.
Quote:

2. The accelerator responsiveness feels different at speeds >50km/h
- Haven't noticed this

Quote:
3. The gear shifter doesn’t slot properly in my opinion. The P & R positions feel bad to slot around in and too rubbery feeling instead of crisp clicks. I’m not sure I’m getting the point across well. Most automatic’s have a crisp notch feeling when moving between PRND, this feels vague.
- Haven't noticed this
Fusion2006 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2020, 01:35   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusion2006 View Post
- No, but at low speeds sometimes the gear change lags a bit. I used to notice it especially when exiting roundabouts, but after a while one adjusts to use of accelerator accordingly and now I don't notice it at all.
Thank you for your responses, can you describe what you mean by lag? Is it unresponsive or does it judder?
Old 7th July 2020, 10:24   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for your responses, can you describe what you mean by lag? Is it unresponsive or does it judder?
Well, it seems to be hunting for the right gear, during which time it feels as if the clutch(s) both are active briefly and there is no power to the wheels for a second or two. Quick firm press on the throttle seems to sort it out. There's no judder at all.

I must say that I've not noticed this at all for quite a while, so I am assuming that muscle memory has accommodated and adjusts automatically.

Last edited by Fusion2006 : 7th July 2020 at 10:26.
Fusion2006 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2020, 13:12   #105
BHPian

Quote:
They say your legs have memory too . After some time, you will automatically know the amount of pedal you need to press to overcome any unresponsiveness you perceive at slow speed. There is no denying that under 20kmph, the way car moves is like a pregnant elephant.. But as a driver we know that the storm is about to come after 2000 rpm. And suddenly this elephant transforms into 160 horses ready to move

In a nutshell, yes there is a difference in the way you will feel te car moves below 20kmph and above that. I do not feel any change in the way gas pedal behaves after 50kmph.

No, I have not felt any rubber effect while moving the gear lever.
Roadster17 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks