Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2017, 04:53   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass Petrol AT : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydj View Post
I am further surprised to read Jeep DCT not in same league as VW DSG. Could it be due to mating of gear to engine performance.
The DSG is in a class of its own. No other dual clutch system matches it when it comes to performance. ZF's have but not under all applications.

The engine on the Jeep is superb. It is the gearbox that kinda kills the experience.
Old 15th December 2017, 13:02   #32
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Has anybody got delivery of base petrol manual? There are no TD vehicles and I am not sure if it's in production yet.
I don't think it's been produced either. Not even there in Jeep's media fleet (we asked for it).

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydj View Post
I am surprised to see not having paddle shifters as a negative. Correct me if I am wrong but isn't paddle shifters same as having manual mode, all thats different is the location and convenience.
With paddle shifters, you don't have to take your hand off the steering wheel. Plus, it's more or less expected in premium cars (even the cheaper Civic had it way back in 2006!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
The engine on the Jeep is superb. It is the gearbox that kinda kills the experience.
The engine contributes to the slow response times because of turbo lag.
GTO is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 15th December 2017, 16:16   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Small correction there. Multiair was developed by FIAT Powertrains Technologies who later licensed the technology to Schaeffler.
Yes, you are correct. But currenly, FPT has sold all the contract rights to Schaeffler in marketing & selling to any one else worldwide. Recently, in an Industry conference here in Pune, Schaeffler was showcasing the MultiAir in hardware for OE customers!
Pam81 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th December 2017, 12:34   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I don't think it's been produced either. Not even there in Jeep's media fleet (we asked for it).
It might not be available in the press fleet but they're being produced for sure and there are quite a few on the road.
S2!!! is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th December 2017, 17:42   #35
BHPian

I'm really disappointed with the Compass Petrol AT. The DCT isn't that great and we had almost bought one for my dad's close friend if not the gearbox didn't act as a fly in the ointment. So, we shifted the booking to a Limited 2.0D and bought her home a couple of days back and we're glad that we bought this over the AT.

I really had a lot of hopes with this DCT + turbocharged-petrol combo. I was really hoping something great as it has a whole lot of tech involved in it. Sadly, it disappointed us and IMO the 1.4 TJet is a lot involving to drive.

So, it's the diesel ONLY if it's a Compass and I'm eagerly waiting for the Diesel AT and hope that it's a good package and also hope that it's also available in the topend 4x4 trim.

Varun
Varun_HexaGuy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th December 2017, 15:07   #36
BHPian

Out of the 10389 Compasses sold so far only 1294 are petrol AT (assuming petrol MT is not available to buy). Which is nothing great.

I guess most are waiting for the Diesel AT. Any idea when that would be arriving?

http://www.autopunditz.com/autopedia...nger-vehicles/
civic-sense is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th February 2018, 11:40   #37
BHPian

I have test driven the petrol auto twice but did not find the gear indicator.That is surprising considering I can clearly see in the pics in this review.I could only see D and not D2/3 etc.

Do we need to activate that in settings?
Old 10th February 2018, 16:00   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_swift View Post
I have test driven the petrol auto twice but did not find the gear indicator.That is surprising considering I can clearly see in the pics in this review.I could only see D and not D2/3 etc.

Do we need to activate that in settings?
If I remember correctly, it's in the screen settings, for the top middle portion.
Fusion2006 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2018, 22:09   #39
yuv
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
Out of the 10389 Compasses sold so far only 1294 are petrol AT (assuming petrol MT is not available to buy). Which is nothing great.

I guess most are waiting for the Diesel AT. Any idea when that would be arriving?

http://www.autopunditz.com/autopedia...nger-vehicles/
Any update on this? Look's like the diesel AT is permanently delayed.
The last I read, the delay was being attributed to high demand of the manual variant but that is true even for the Nexon but Tata's are moving full steam ahead with the AMT.
Old 28th March 2018, 11:58   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
It might not be available in the press fleet but they're being produced for sure and there are quite a few on the road.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I stand corrected. Deliveries for the petrol MT haven't begun. It's likely to begin soon, but there's no fixed date mentioned.
S2!!! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2018, 10:56   #41
Team-BHP Support

A friend of mine bought one to supplement his ageing BMW 320d

Likes - Performance despite the lag, the build and most of all the Android interface

Dislikes - only gets 5-6 km/l in town and 10km/l on the highway
ajmat is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th May 2018, 14:50   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post

However, what is not cool is that every time you drive off after restarting the car, you have to manually disengage the electronic brake. This can be disabled (auto e-park brake setting), but we don't recommend it. What Jeep should have rather done is that, with the foot on the brake and gear in D mode, the parking brake should have automatically disengaged (even when you've just started the car).
Was going through the review again now that I have driven my Compass for around 1200 kms.

I have never had to manually disengage the electronic brake while starting the car or moving from P to D in a traffic signal.

As soon as you shift from P to D,the electronic brake automatically disengages
Old 28th May 2018, 16:51   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_swift View Post
Was going through the review again now that I have driven my Compass for around 1200 kms.

I have never had to manually disengage the electronic brake while starting the car or moving from P to D in a traffic signal.

As soon as you shift from P to D,the electronic brake automatically disengages

This only is an issue if you try to drive off without putting on the seatbelt - in that case the parking break will not release automatically. So it's actually a safety feature.
Fusion2006 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2018, 02:52   #44
BHPian

According to the mid grabs that I saw the car was giving about 6.89 to the litre?
Was that with spirited driving or were you guys going about it peacefully ?
If it was sedate driving , what kind of ARAI figure is 14kmpl?
Isn't 5-6 in the city really bad ?
Old 6th November 2018, 12:55   #45
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Jeep's poor reliability will come back to bite it. I've posted about some niggles on the Compass Diesel review thread. Now, here is a Petrol AT customer who has had his gearbox replaced!! The car had just 2,000 km on the odo.

I have viewed the correspondence he's had with FCA India. The vehicle stalled 3 - 4 times on the road before the workshop took his complaints seriously. To the company's credit, they have offered him an extended warranty (2 years) + maintenance package + loaner car.

Jeep Compass Petrol AT : Official Review-img_0335-1.jpg

Jeep Compass Petrol AT : Official Review-img_0337-1.jpg
GTO is offline   (23) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks