Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2018, 13:01   #61
BHPian

Re: Renault Captur : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachin Bhatt View Post
Just bought an RXL diesel on Saturday (Color: Planet grey). Very good driving position and stability. The only negatives (and I bought it knowing this very well during my test drives) are the steering feedback and lack of adequate usable storage spaces.
Congratulations on buying the French beauty
The colour is just wow!! Your car will be rarest of rare. And yes, it's huge upclose.

Last edited by ampere : 12th April 2018 at 05:57. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
harish619 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2018, 13:10   #62
BHPian

Rarest of rare for sure . What with only some 300 Capturs being sold even in March.

Last edited by aah78 : 11th April 2018 at 00:47. Reason: Post fixed. Excessive smileys removed.
Old 10th April 2018, 21:23   #63
Senior - BHPian

Renault Captur : Official Review

It is not the price, not the features and not anything about the car that is resulting in the Captur being a sales dud. The fact is, it has got a very deceiving silhouette, masking its size and dimensions, almost making it look like a big hatch back. The other day I saw a Captur upfront and I thought I was looking at the facelifted Fluence! You see it pass by, you will easily mistake it for a large hatch and nothing else.

Renault turned the tables on everyone else when they launched the Butch looking Duster, which had SUV written all over it. They hit a home run, went back and applied the same logic to the Kwid, well almost! They made an entry level car look a little macho and clearly that did play a role in the sales of the kwid.

Now Renault somehow forgets that the Indian market accepting the Duster and the Kwid was also partially due to the way they looked, and they turn the tables on themselves by launching the Captur which does not look like an SUV at all. I mean, even Maruti struggled with the S-Cross and have managed to do better only when they put that ugly grille upfront! Well, that is the Indian market! Renault can do nothing now to spruce up the sales of the Captur. Forget about catching the segment benchmark Creta, which does 9-10 k units every month, I would be surprised if they ever crossed 800-1000 units a month!

You can call it Captur or Kaptur and apply all the strategies that you want, but this is now officially a sales dud!

No offence to folks who bought it, i reiterate that the product is quite good, in some aspects even better than the Creta, but it just would not survive in the Indian market.
motorworks is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th April 2018, 13:34   #64
BHPian

Hey Motorworks, I understand your point of view. I must tell you this. When I bought the Skoda Yeti a few years ago, I experianced this same reaction. I remember my family saying 'Why did you buy a WagonR?'. . But trust me, it's the best vehicle I have ever driven. Am hoping the Captur surprises as well...for good ofcourse . But yeah, I agree that it does look like a larger hatch.
Sachin Bhatt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2018, 22:56   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachin Bhatt View Post
Hey Motorworks, I understand your point of view. I must tell you this. When I bought the Skoda Yeti a few years ago, I experianced this same reaction. I remember my family saying 'Why did you buy a WagonR?'. . But trust me, it's the best vehicle I have ever driven. Am hoping the Captur surprises as well...for good ofcourse . But yeah, I agree that it does look like a larger hatch.

Hey no offence at all, just my view on why the Captur May not scale great heights in sales. Fundamentally a good product, but just not right for the Indian market.

And by the way, the Yeti used to be one of the best cars in that segment and I think if Skoda had pushed it like the way Jeep is pushing the Compass and at competitive prices it would have done phenomenally well.

All the best with your Captur, have a safe ride!
motorworks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2018, 10:12   #66
BHPian

Got my Captur fitted with genuine fabric seat covers from Renault dealership. Cost 7500 Rs.

Renault has some quality accessories for Captur.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Captur : Official Review-img_1692.jpg  

Renault Captur : Official Review-img_1690.jpg  

anilntny is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2018, 22:50   #67
Senior - BHPian

The interiors may have killed this car completely. You get inside and you know you dont want to buy one. The exteriors are pretty funky and dare i say, its a good looking car.
Old 4th May 2018, 13:54   #68
Team-BHP Support

"Sometimes, appearances can be misleading" says Renault in its latest advertisement emphasising on the SUV side of the Captur.

Wonder why they skipped AWD though!
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th May 2018, 07:45   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

Seems the verdict is clear- no amount of advertising can save the Captur in India.

April slaes figures show a dismal 188 units .
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2018, 10:22   #70
BHPian

Almost impossible to recover and make a comeback once you open as a dud. Especially true for a manufacturer not called Maruti or Hyundai(to some extent).
strawhat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2018, 12:58   #71
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilntny View Post
Got my Captur fitted with genuine fabric seat covers from Renault dealership.
I have heard of genuine leather seat covers, but what is this genuine-fabric seat covers? Is there fake fabric too selling in market these days?
chaudh2s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2018, 02:27   #72
BHPian

Finally got to see one in office parking and believe me this car does have some serious road presence. Styling is way too good and the next thing you will notice is the generous amount of ground clearance. Even the aftermarket alloys look chic and suit the personality of this car.
P.S: Quality of pics doesn't do justice with the looks of the car and the colour.
Renault Captur : Official Review-img_2822.jpg

Renault Captur : Official Review-img_2821.jpg
Highh5 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th June 2018, 13:57   #73
BHPian

Renault apparently has some late 2017 inventory to offload of the Captur, it sure does have some road presence, I guess they needed to have launched it with AT/CVT gearbox and justify the current OTR.
Old 13th June 2018, 17:05   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSAM View Post
Renault apparently has some late 2017 inventory to offload of the Captur, it sure does have some road presence, I guess they needed to have launched it with AT/CVT gearbox and justify the current OTR.
Yes, I got a call from the dealer who said they are offering a 2.5L discount on the 2017 Diesel model.
MeetSC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2018, 11:08   #75

I have been enquiring from dealers in Chandigarh but none are offering more than 1.25 lac discount. Only 2017 platine diesel variant available is Orange and burgundy .
I would like to pikup one provided a 2.5 lac discount is offered.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks