Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2018, 10:46   #91
BHPian
 
MBstoTBs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 43
Thanked: 33 Times
Default Re: Renault Captur : Official Review

TD'd the automatic captur and was thorughly disappointed, the long travel pedals, needing to look down on the RVMs, and the A and C pillar blind spots made it very hard to even consider it in the city, though highway drives may be OK. Body roll is there too. Ruled it out, though I find the looks, size and build near perfect.
MBstoTBs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2018, 18:13   #92
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 219
Thanked: 285 Times
Default Re: Renault Captur : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBstoTBs View Post
TD'd the automatic captur and was thorughly disappointed, the long travel pedals

AT Captur? When was that launched? Did you TD the petrol or diesel?
tjacob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2018, 18:40   #93
BANNED
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 73
Thanked: 42 Times
Infractions: 0/2 (8)
Default Re: Renault Captur : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by girish.purswani View Post
I checked with the dealer here in Mumbai- they have one specific variant only in stock which they want to clear and hence offering discounts of around 2L.

He was honest enough to state the fact that Renault got the pricing completely wrong for Captur which according to him was one of the reasons the car bombed
Did you speak to Neerav Shah of benchmark motors? I was too said the same.

But looking from a long term perspective the resale value would be almost scrap looking at the success of Captur.

They still have the Captur diesel variant I guess. Even if one buys with a lot of disxounts, the maintainence will be on a higher side on a long run. Spares if different from Duster may not be available and could take a waiting time.
VWAllstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2018, 01:19   #94
BHPian
 
MBstoTBs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 43
Thanked: 33 Times
Default Re: Renault Captur : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjacob View Post
AT Captur? When was that launched? Did you TD the petrol or diesel?

Oops. My bad. I meant the top end petrol Captur - Platine. There isnt an automatic, though the SA told me its in the works.
MBstoTBs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2018, 23:11   #95
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 219
Thanked: 285 Times
Default Re: Renault Captur : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBstoTBs View Post
Oops. My bad. I meant the top end petrol Captur - Platine. There isnt an automatic, though the SA told me its in the works.

There is no Platine variant for the petrol Captur. As of now, the top end petrol variant is the RXT which is one level below the Plantine variant which is only available with a diesel engine.
tjacob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2018, 23:37   #96
BHPian
 
MBstoTBs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 43
Thanked: 33 Times
Default Re: Renault Captur : Official Review

But the SA told me clearly that the TD vehicle is the Platine, the top end (as is the usual case). As I didnt like the drive at all, I just thanked him, said no and moved out. Didnt look through the variants at all - suppose I wouldve found out had I gone through the brochure.. The shape, build and size of the vehicle is nice, but thats not enough.
MBstoTBs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2018, 12:17   #97
BHPian
 
anilntny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Kottayam
Posts: 182
Thanked: 272 Times
Default Re: Renault Captur : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
Did you speak to Neerav Shah of benchmark motors? I was too said the same.

But looking from a long term perspective the resale value would be almost scrap looking at the success of Captur.

They still have the Captur diesel variant I guess. Even if one buys with a lot of disxounts, the maintainence will be on a higher side on a long run. Spares if different from Duster may not be available and could take a waiting time.
Mechanically car is same as Duster, hence service cost is same.
anilntny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2018, 19:10   #98
BHPian
 
anilntny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Kottayam
Posts: 182
Thanked: 272 Times
Default Re: Renault Captur : Official Review

Yesterday, I met with a minor accident and broke ORVM blinker. The part alone is replaceable and cost me only 350 Rs. The whole glossy black ORVM cover cost is only 180 Rs.

I am glad to report that, Captur is really cheap to own.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Captur : Official Review-20180911_190604.jpg  

anilntny is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2018, 17:44   #99
Distinguished - BHPian
 
4x4addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 4,044
Thanked: 2,694 Times
Default Re: Renault Captur : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilntny View Post
I am glad to report that, Captur is really cheap to own.

Sorry to bust your bubble bro. What you got is only the bandaid. Wait till the big tickets items start failing in a couple of years. Best not to count chickens before they are born.



We have five duster's between me, my business partner, brother etc and 4 of them have clocked close to a lakh, so I can tell you for sure that things aren't cheap. Most mechanical parts are shared between Captur and Duster.
4x4addict is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2018, 18:00   #100
BHPian
 
anilntny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Kottayam
Posts: 182
Thanked: 272 Times
Default Re: Renault Captur : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Sorry to bust your bubble bro. What you got is only the bandaid. Wait till the big tickets items start failing in a couple of years. Best not to count chickens before they are born.



We have five duster's between me, my business partner, brother etc and 4 of them have clocked close to a lakh, so I can tell you for sure that things aren't cheap. Most mechanical parts are shared between Captur and Duster.
But, I had a Duster before Captur. Never had any major issues.

That is one major reason for me to opt for Captur, since both share most of their mechanical parts.
anilntny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2018, 10:17   #101
BHPian
 
anilntny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Kottayam
Posts: 182
Thanked: 272 Times
Default Re: Renault Captur : Official Review

Today I saw 6 Capturs being getting readied for delivery on same day. That too same colour and variant! (effect of offer on 2017 models).

It clearly shows only problem with Captur was wrong pricing.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Captur : Official Review-20180918_094438.jpg  

anilntny is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Renault Captur's new ad is ethically wrong & deceiving! Blatantly fooling the Indian customer CrAzY dRiVeR The Indian Car Scene 216 9th November 2017 15:09
The Renault Captur SUV Parm The International Automotive Scene 13 28th September 2017 10:55
Should Renault launch the Captur (compact SUV) in India? damager21 The Indian Car Scene 44 15th July 2017 10:50


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 14:05.

Copyright 2000 - 2018, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks