Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2019, 13:23   #151

Re: Renault Captur : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vmv View Post
The car indeed derived from Clio, it looks like a big brother of Clio.

The interior , But our question is "will it launch in India ? Even in 2025?"

I kinda prefer the current design that the Captur has with respect to the front. The tail lamps and the interiors are indeed better As for the platform, being a proud owner of one, I can surely vouch for the drivability, comfort and looks that the current gen Captur has to offer (Not to mention the fact that being a low selling car the Captur surely turns heads when people see it and you get the feel of driving an exotic car that you dont see on the road often).
sachin_nair3 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2019, 23:30   #152
Vmv
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
No. It can't and it won't. Renault made a hash of things buy launching the cheap Duster/KAPTUR based Captur in India. It has bombed terribly in the market and the name is done for. The true Captur - the one based on the Clio since previous generation has always been a gorgeous and well designed small car. Have seen it so often in past. Been in one too. Since the name is taken to the washers by current gen on sale here, the real one if launched, will never get enough attention from people. Also - the CMF-B is a fairly advanced & costlier platform.
Renault and VW are facing the same issue. Difficulty to localize there modular platforms. VW is already in development but I'm not sure about Renault.

IMO Dacia roots/Renault older platform is good for Indian conditions, ride and handling was benchmark in the segment till the Hexa launch. However advanced new platform will reduce the weight , increase the fuel economy, better electronic architecture, and of course improvement on everything ( if they wanted to). I don't think other than CMF-A they will not launch CMF-B in India any time soon.
Vmv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2019, 01:22   #153
BHPian

I am getting a good deal IMO for captur diesel platine variant . 11.35 on road mohali( Punjab)which includes 9.99 lacs ex-showroom along with 12000 worth accessory pack,5 years extended warranty pack, logistics, Insurance and Registration.

I liked kicks but the deal is quite attractive. Alternatively
at this price point what I can get is a vitara brezza , a bare bones creta or titanium ecosport.

All led lights, cruise control, automatic lights and wipers. Leather upholstery, a reliable engine and suspension. Its quite a VFM package
sunilsoft is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th November 2019, 13:30   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilsoft View Post
I am getting a good deal IMO for captur diesel platine variant . 11.35 on road mohali( Punjab)which includes 9.99 lacs ex-showroom along with 12000 worth accessory pack,5 years extended warranty pack, logistics, Insurance and Registration.

I liked kicks but the deal is quite attractive. Alternatively
at this price point what I can get is a vitara brezza , a bare bones creta or titanium ecosport.

All led lights, cruise control, automatic lights and wipers. Leather upholstery, a reliable engine and suspension. Its quite a VFM package
Is this after the 3 Lakh discount they are giving currently on the Captur ?
Old 16th November 2019, 14:41   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
Is this after the 3 Lakh discount they are giving currently on the Captur ?
Yes. 11.35 inclusive of all offers mentioned in the above post
Old 17th November 2019, 07:24   #156
BHPian

It's a fantastic car. And if you are getting the Palatine variant at 11.35 with all those extras, I would strongly recommend going for it. The one or two lacs that you may lose towards eventual resale value (which is the only argument one can make against it), is more than made up by the other value that this car gets for this price.
Sachin Bhatt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th November 2019, 23:35   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepeshh View Post
Took delivery of the Platine variant.

Captur definitely is a head turner especially in the Cayenne Orange shade. Though loaded with features it still misses on minor aspects like auto dimming rear view mirror, hydraulic support for the bonnet, lack of adequate storage spaces etc.

Its a pleasure to drive the Captur but felt a bit of turbo lag in the second gear and found it more profound having come from Duster 85ps fitted with Dieseltronics kit.

Overall I am pretty satisfied.
Hi,
Has Capture seen any changes or improvements after its lauch in India ? With 3 lacs discount, it seems to be quite a VFM product now. I had test driven the car once at the time of its lauch. That time I felt it to be a bit claustrophobic inside the car as compared to my car Verna at the driver's seat. Is Capture a far superior product than Duster? If someone has to keep the car long say around 10 years or so, should Capture be advised, considering the volume it generates now a days?

Thanks
Old 23rd November 2019, 23:00   #158
BHPian

As far as my understanding goes Capture has seen some minor improvements since its launch.

The turbo lag in the second gear had been taken care to some extend through a soft ware update. Recently my front tires were replaced free of cost by the ASS, since I had a left side pull. I was told that the company is recommending a new pattern tire to counter the left side pull which is common in Capture. Though I could not see any visible difference in the tire pattern, the pull to the left side has reduced but still persists.

I wouldn't say Capture is a far superior product than the Duster as the underpinnings of both the vehicles are the same. Its only that Capture gets some more features compared to the current Duster and the NVH levels from the K9K engine is more dampened in the Capture.

Its definitely a good car and with the current reduction in price its a sure shot value for money.
deepeshh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th April 2020, 18:01   #159

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachin Bhatt View Post
Have been facing this erratic behaviour from the front wipers. It would slow down dramatically occasionally (as if like in slow motion), and gradually stop moving after some time. And would be ok after restarting it a few times. Has anyone faced a similar problem?

May be on another car? Would you think this is a problem with the wiper motor or something entangled in it? Had given it to the service centre a few weeks ago for the regular service, but they did not do anything on this as it seemed to be working well at the service centre. With monsoon round the corner, don't want to take a chance.
Hello Sachin! Hope you are doing by staying indoors during this lockdown period. So, I am a proud owner of a Renault Captur 1.5 dCi Platine Edition, purchased during the month of Nov 2019 when the ex-showroom price had dropped to 9.99 lakhs. I have clocked about 3600kms so far and I must say, having had a 1.3 Punto MJD and Ameo 1.5 TDi, this one is a beast with a characteristic of its own. Although, I am completely happy with my purchase, a couple of things bother me:

1) Since the lockdown, my vehicle has been stagnant at a place with periodic small drives here and there to keep the machine rolling. However, I recently noticed a huge Bandicoot jump across and cross my way from the underhood of the engine bay, a couple of days ago I was petrified for an instant, so much that I almost had a heart-attack. Without wasting any time, I decided to open the bonnet and check for any wrong-doings. I breathed a sigh of relief as there was no visible wire cuts or bite marks. I did breath a sigh of relief. But I wanted to take a ride and switched on the engine and put on the AC. The AC worked fine but there is this slight noise in the background (more of a motor humming in the background) which has started to appear lately. Apart from this, As mentioned by you, the wipers are acting weird. The front wiper are working intermittently. It has a mind of its own now. So much that, they start and stop right in the middle of the windshield. The engine has to be switched off and switched on again in order to get rid of its placement on the middle of the windshield. The current lockdown situation hasn't caused any issues as I haven't had put my car to any use so far. My question is: Since I believe, the issue is closely related to yours, how did you end up finding a solution for this? Could it be the electrical wiring issue or rain sensing sensor or the rodent damaging something not visible to the naked eye?

2) This is the standard issue which every Captur owner must have acknowledged. The second gear lacks pulling capacity below 1000 rpm, thereby giving a repeated jerks. I visited the showroom (sometime around January 2020) once and confronted about this issue and asked for a software update. The service advisor took the vehicle inside and confirmed that the software has been up-to date and this the 'characteristic' of the vehicle. I agree, the vehicle has a linear torque but that shouldn't just be a basis for an excuse. The 2nd gear is most important in city drawing and one cannot shift down from 3rd gear to 1st gear just because your 2nd gear lacks bite. My question is: Have you tried experienced the same issue and did you try taking it to Renault top-bosses? or Found any solution for this

3) Excessive Speed Alarm Beep- My punto 2011 model had this and I must say its a good feature, but Captur's excessive speeding alarm beeps at 85kmph and 120 kmph respectively. The volume of the beep is so high that its very irritating both for the driver and the passengers. A passenger in deep sleep can get easily disturbed by this. Any resolution found for this so far?

Since this is my very first post, please excuse me for being this elaborate. I shall try and post pics the next time. But yes, it would be of huge help for any leads from any of the mods/users who have faced the same issues as I did.
Old 26th April 2020, 22:34   #160
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satishn88 View Post

2) This is the standard issue which every Captur owner must have acknowledged
Its an issue on the Duster as well. The 2wd 110 ps gearbox (6speed) has this issue. The capture has the same engine+gearbox combo.

Nothing can be done in stock form or from Renault.

People who have got their cars remapped, can share their experience.
Old 29th May 2020, 14:51   #161

Yes a remap can solve this issue of lag in second to a great extent. I had got my Captur remapped mostly for fixing this and yes now driving around in second gear in slow moving traffic is not much an issue as it used to be where I had to frequently go down to 1st gear.

A remap can solve the issue of this lag you find in second gear to a great extent. As a matter of fact the main reason I got my Captur remapped was to solve this issue and yes I am satisfied with current driveability in 2nd gear where it pulls much better from the lower rev ranges than what is used to pre remap.

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 30th May 2020 at 12:27. Reason: Mod Note inline
trivian@k is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2020, 00:47   #162

Quote:
Originally Posted by trivian@k View Post
Yes a remap can solve this issue of lag in second to a great extent. I had got my Captur remapped mostly for fixing this and yes now driving around in second gear in slow moving traffic is not much an issue as it used to be where I had to frequently go down to 1st gear.

A remap can solve the issue of this lag you find in second gear to a great extent. As a matter of fact the main reason I got my Captur remapped was to solve this issue and yes I am satisfied with current driveability in 2nd gear where it pulls much better from the lower rev ranges than what is used to pre remap.

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.
I have a couple of questions pertaining to this remap
1) Since my Car is barely 1 years old with an extended warranty of 5 years, I wouldn't like to mess up with the manufacturer's warranty. In this case, how do you deal with the warranty part? I understand Race Dynamics provides plug and play module, I was told about 'easy removal' of the device just before dropping the vehicle to the service center for its scheduled maintenance. How about the coding residue which the ECU might have left? Would the service center be able to identify this and deny me manufacturer's warranty?

2) Although, my primary concern is just with the 2nd gear pickup at lower speeds, has the ECU remapping helped the engine from stalling at rolling speeds in 2nd gear, say 12-15kmph in a bumper to bumper traffic situation?

3) I assume, the high performance modes does exhibit some amount of stress on the engine, transmission and the braking, but how about the Economy mode which deals with the 2nd gear lag?

4) Assuming the service center's inability in finding about the 'ECU remap device', suppose the car meets with an incident with the ECU device in it. I am sure the insurance company won't settle any claim related to such mishaps. OR Correct me if I am wrong here with my understanding here.

I have reached to a point where i have written emails to the top management including the MD regarding this, but it seems the only way out is consumer forum which I doubt would help me in any ways possible. Firstly, they are not ready to acknowledge the short coming at all, instead their cover up is, the vehicle is working as per its product definition. Apart from selling it for a throw-away price, only option left is a ECU Remap.

Any other advice is welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgo View Post
Its an issue on the Duster as well. The 2wd 110 ps gearbox (6speed) has this issue. The capture has the same engine+gearbox combo.

Nothing can be done in stock form or from Renault.

People who have got their cars remapped, can share their experience.
That's true. Renault's customer engagement is very poor and pathetic. Its all about registering a complaint, but no resolution on offer.

Would it be somewhat helpful, if a group of Captur/Duster 110 ps 4x2 owners share our plight to the Renault management either through their Customer care team or through legal means?

If any of our fellow bhpian is interested, then please get in touch with me to take this matter further.
Old 23rd September 2020, 12:17   #163
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satishn88 View Post
Would it be somewhat helpful, if a group of Captur/Duster 110 ps 4x2 owners share our plight to the Renault management either through their Customer care team or through legal means?
Over the years, I have learnt that customer grievances do not work in a collective. What needs to be done to fight the system is:
  • Give them poor ratings with specific reasons for the same.
  • Be wary of change in your registered mobile no. in My Renault App. The ASCs change it to their contact numbers and show that they called and the customer submitted a good rating.
  • Any specific grievance (registered online) needs to be closed with a customer satisfaction note which they very easily sign themselves.

I have tried to establish a good relation with the usual service centers I get my car serviced at. I reason with them first as to what was expected and what has been delivered. most of the times they provide good service to customers who stick around with their cars and know what work is being done.

If they cannot help, I bring in Renault in the loop and they usually arrange for test drives or meetings in person with their co-techs to whom we can directly state the issues.

Either convince them or get convinced.

For the low pulling in 2nd gear it is a vehicle trait which has to do with the gear ratios in the gearbox and engine tune at those rpms. So it seems like a case of not test driving the car and understanding its nature before bringing it home.

If your car has a specific issue, please bring it up. All I can do is share how you could get it checked satisfactorily.
Tgo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2020, 14:20   #164

I will provide my answers in bold

1) Since my Car is barely 1 years old with an extended warranty of 5 years, I wouldn't like to mess up with the manufacturer's warranty. In this case, how do you deal with the warranty part? I understand Race Dynamics provides plug and play module, I was told about 'easy removal' of the device just before dropping the vehicle to the service center for its scheduled maintenance. How about the coding residue which the ECU might have left? Would the service center be able to identify this and deny me manufacturer's warranty?

I had gone with a remap and not the plug and play(tuning box) set up. So here the tuner access your ECU and changes certain parameters through codes. I am no expert in the technical side of remapping. I think there is a thread on remapping by Dr Naren in our forum where there is a detailed discussion on the same.

Now so far the service centers haven't found out that i had a remap. I previously had a punto which was also remapped and had no issues as of any with the service centers. It does not mean they cant find out. If they find out, Yes they can deny the warranty.

2) Although, my primary concern is just with the 2nd gear pickup at lower speeds, has the ECU remapping helped the engine from stalling at rolling speeds in 2nd gear, say 12-15kmph in a bumper to bumper traffic situation?

I havent stalled post remap in bumper to bumper traffic. As i had posted earlier the lag is pretty much contained

3) I assume, the high performance modes does exhibit some amount of stress on the engine, transmission and the braking, but how about the Economy mode which deals with the 2nd gear lag?

Yes higher performance will surely exhibit more stress onto the engine and transmission.

4) Assuming the service center's inability in finding about the 'ECU remap device', suppose the car meets with an incident with the ECU device in it. I am sure the insurance company won't settle any claim related to such mishaps. OR Correct me if I am wrong here with my understanding here.

There is no external device for a remap as of which can be seen by visual inspection. You can refer the post on remap I had referred to in the first answer. Providing the link below

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...re-tuners.html (ECU Remaps : About Tools, Software & Tuners!)

I wouldnt recommend selling off a new car especially ones like Captur where you would get hugely hit by depreciation. Work around a way off the lag and maybe try a remap if good tuners are available. Most tuners these days provide a cashback upto a month or so, in case you dont want the remap can flash the ecu with the stock map again.

Stay Safe
Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks