Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2018, 11:11   #106
BHPian

Any clue what the basic accessories kit for the Swift contains ? The dealer is charging 5530/- for the kit.
Old 20th June 2018, 14:30   #107
BHPian

Re: Maruti Swift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
One problem though. Anything less in the diameter means reduction in GC and that is not in favour of new swift. Already 163mm is deadly and anything less would be a disaster IMHO.
Instead buying new 15 or 16 inch rims (not alloys) and 185mm tyres would be a better choice.
Going for 185/70 R14 would mean GC reduction of 1mm. Have a check for diameter for various tyre options here. If there are tire sizes available without reducing GC, you can go with that in 14" as well. The 185/65 R15 increases the GC by 1mm.
Old 20th June 2018, 16:01   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthusiast View Post
Going for 185/70 R14 would mean GC reduction of 1mm. Have a check for diameter for various tyre options here. If there are tire sizes available without reducing GC, you can go with that in 14" as well. The 185/65 R15 increases the GC by 1mm.
This link says the total reduction in diameter is 5mm (0.81%) which implies reduction of 2.5 mm in GC and not 1 mm. It is simple math.

With 165/80 R14 tyres the side wall height is 165 * 0.8 = 132mm
With 185/70 R14 tyres the side wall height is 185 * 0.7 = 129.5mm
Clear 2.5mm GC reduction.

Instead a 185/75 R14 could be a better choice which will increase GC by 6.75mm, but not sure if that tyre size is available.
Old 20th June 2018, 18:22   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by qr20de View Post

- About 10% of the time, when I put it into reverse, there is a 'thunk' noise from the transmission, with a slight jerk in the vehicle.

Really glad about my decision to buy the Swift. I'm sure others would echo my words!
Yes I feel that on my vehicle too, not always, but sometimes, more so in the early morning(s)
Old 20th June 2018, 19:12   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap04 View Post
Any clue what the basic accessories kit for the Swift contains ? The dealer is charging 5530/- for the kit.
Going by my experience with Nexa it should be floor mats, mud flaps, and perhaps a couple of cushions, a car care kit etc.

Drive on,
Shibu.
shibujp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2018, 19:59   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap04 View Post
Mud flaps
Floor mats with the Swift name
God idol (limited to Ganesh and Jesus)
Duster
Tissue holder
Car fragrance
Microfiber cloth
Washing liquid
qr20de is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2018, 09:26   #112
Senior - BHPian

Finally got a chance to get a test drive for new swift. Here are a few things observed from my side.
1. The GC, it looks less on paper but in fact it is normal. Not sure how it is measured now. While backing up the test vehicle the security guard did not tell that the car is on edge of a footpath and front wheel fell down. This was a real test for me. It did not hit the edge of the footpath. Happy to see it. (The SA was bit tensed ) but I told him that the GC test is 100% successful. Then tried on big speed breakers around without a single belly scratch.
2. Interiors are black (too much of it), Has anybody tried to put light colored seat covers, foot mats etc. to get a little airy feeling? How does it look. In fact I did i20 test drive and then swift. Although swift is 1mm wider (on paper) it looks much cramped than i20 (due to its two colored interior).
3. The flat bottom steering helps to get in/out of the car without hitting knees on the steering column/wheel. Good thing. Steering is light and nice.

Any ideas on upgrading the tyres on Vxi without changing the rims? Size is bit small for vxi (165/80 R14).
Old 25th June 2018, 10:58   #113
BHPian

Maruti Swift : Official Review-img_20180623_180928.jpg

Took delivery of my Swift ZXI AMT yesterday. My heart wanted the (budget) engineering marvels from the west however the mind, especially the lack of Vitamin M, made me stick with tin cans from the east.

Only automatics were in the consideration set as manuals are a pain to drive in today's traffic. Bought this over Baleno Delta CVT, Dzire ZXI AMT, and Honda Amaze CVT. Driving experience has been good so far (hardly covered 200km)- Little jerky but very much livable, and the manual mode is a bliss. More coming up in the ownership review.
xjosephjacob is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 25th June 2018, 17:07   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjosephjacob View Post

Took delivery of my Swift ZXI AMT yesterday. My heart wanted the (budget) engineering marvels from the west however the mind, especially the lack of Vitamin M, made me stick with tin cans from the east.

Only automatics were in the consideration set as manuals are a pain to drive in today's traffic. Bought this over Baleno Delta CVT, Dzire ZXI AMT, and Honda Amaze CVT. Driving experience has been good so far (hardly covered 200km)- Little jerky but very much livable, and the manual mode is a bliss. More coming up in the ownership review.
Congrats on the new buy. I am exactly in the same boat as you, in terms of what i want, and how much my budget is.

Coming to the car, how good or bad are its lights? My ritz has a horrible throw and i could not test drive the swift at night.
Old 26th June 2018, 13:36   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjosephjacob View Post
Congratulations on the new Swift! I'm sure you'll be very happy with the drive and ownership.

Trust me, I've gone down the road of what are supposed to be 'engineering marvels' of the west, but trust me, cars from the east are much easier to own in the long term and offer a peace of mind.

I'd rather be in a tin can that will run reliably than a 'marvel' that will breakdown at any second. IMHO. Even with Vitamin M.
qr20de is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 26th June 2018, 18:37   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselritzer View Post
My ritz has a horrible throw and i could not test drive the swift at night.
Head lamps are regular fare, does the job fine on well marked roads. I don't see any issues with the throw. Interestingly the fog lamps are powerful and provide sufficient lateral coverage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qr20de View Post
cars from the east are much easier to own in the long term and offer a peace of mind.
Completely agree with you on the reliability, however I do have my reservations on the AMT. Lesser the technology, lesser the headaches though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSEA View Post
Congratulations on the purchase!
Thank you.
Old 29th June 2018, 00:15   #117
BHPian

Had a particular incident with my moms swift. The rear driver side door wasnt remaining shut after slamming/closing the door. It was as if the door handle was pulled while closing. For over an hour i tried closing the door,but it just wouldn't remain shut. I have taken a video but sadly i recorded it in portrait mode, used an online converter to rotate it so sorry for the low quality.

My door finally closed after i tried again after a 1hr gap. Took it immediately to Maruti and they tried their best get to the bottom of it as this was the first time they heard of this issue. Showed them my video but since the door was behaving normally there, they only could lubricate the handle mechanism and forward my video to maruti for further deliberation. Since it happened only once in 2k km(hardly use the back doors) i was told by maruti to call the road side assistance if i ever face this incident again.

While i was in the service center i happened to notice a month old Swift vxi amt having its AMT actuator replaced as it apparently failed and the car had to be towed. I guess its a one off incident but what an eventual day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselritzer View Post
Congrats on the new buy. I am exactly in the same boat as you, in terms of what i want, and how much my budget is.

Coming to the car, how good or bad are its lights? My ritz has a horrible throw and i could not test drive the swift at night.
I find the New swifts headlights poor for my needs. I am running 90/100 bulbs on my old figo so maybe i am used to the brighter lights. I also got the service guys to increase the low beam throw but still i find it not adequate in this monsoon. The high beam is also just ok, but i feel the need for brighter bulbs.
Currently mom doesnt do much of night driving but later on i will go the 90/100 bulbs way.

Last edited by rambo1o1 : 29th June 2018 at 00:22.
rambo1o1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2018, 08:43   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post
I find the New swifts headlights poor for my needs. I am running 90/100 bulbs on my old figo so maybe i am used to the brighter lights. I also got the service guys to increase the low beam throw but still i find it not adequate in this monsoon. The high beam is also just ok, but i feel the need for brighter bulbs.
Currently mom doesnt do much of night driving but later on i will go the 90/100 bulbs way.
A typical Maruti problem. There is a work around though that I am using for a long now. Keep the high beam at lowest position. I found it works well even in city without offending opposite side driver. If your swift has fogs, keep them on as well. 90/100 bulbs may cause the headlight assembly become dull/dark after a long use due to more heat they produce and of course considering Maruti's build quality.
Old 29th June 2018, 08:55   #119
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
90/100 bulbs may cause the headlight assembly become dull/dark after a long use due to more heat they produce and of course considering Maruti's build quality.
You may want to check both of my cars running on this set up. Prolonged usage? I for one have extreme usage because of my night driving and have cases where the lights are on for over 10 hours as well.

With 100/90, I am always on low beams and use high only to flash or make an assessment when in doubt.

It's only due to the experience of using this set up in WagonR that I ended up installing it without much thoughts in Ertiga as well.

And to be honest, I have seen more burnt lens in other cars than Maruti and hence I felt the quality of lens used is way better in comparison.

My statement comes clearly from my own usage of this set up from both cars (2.4L and 1.5L kms) and I follow no precaution but mainly stick to 100/90 and use low beams rather than 130/100 or 130/90. Have seen so many cars only using high beams even with such set up inside city may be because the drivers think the blue light on the cluster means cool.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2018, 00:04   #120
Senior - BHPian

Whats the on road price for a zxi+ and a zdi+?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks