Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2023, 19:25   #511

Re: Hyundai Venue : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSC View Post
Hello.
Venue was launched in May 2019. The Bluelink was supposed to be freebie for first three years and then the subscription charges were to be implemented.
Can the Venue owners from the first batch confirm what is the cost of renewal of the service? Since the subscription is due for renewal in three months, it's very much likely that first batch owners have started receiving calls or messages from Hyundai regarding the renewal of service.
Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
Any pre 2022 Venue owners upgraded headlights? Any recommendations?
I am still running with stock bulbs (DCT, SXO 2019).
I bought a 2 years old from Hyundai Promise and first thing I did is changing the head and fog to LED's I went with Blaupunkt and Gnome economical and serves the purpose.
srivatchsan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2023, 10:24   #512

Hi, would like to check if anyone has tried installing OEM Hyundai dashcam that is available in N-line variants in their Venue?
Old 2nd August 2023, 13:54   #513
BHPian

Question to the Venue community here
After looking at several cars my dad is finally looking to book the Venue DCT or the iMT with the first preference being the DCT. His travel pattern is Highway-City=> 50-50
I wanted to know how reliable the DCT has been in the long term .

How bad is the transmission overheating issue ? Does it occur very frequently ? Does the car stall once this situation occurs or is there sufficient time to move the car to a safe place ?

Also most of the posts around this issue seem be with the older model. Does the 2022 update also have this issue?

Lastly, are there any cases of the DCT completely failing and needing to be replaced ? I don't see a lot of these cases (at least as compared to the polo).

The dealer mentioned that the extended warranty does not the transmission. Is this information correct?
Old 21st August 2023, 21:22   #514
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCRider View Post
Question to the Venue community here
After looking at several cars my dad is finally looking to book the Venue DCT or the iMT with the first preference being the DCT. H

Hello ,

My dad currently owns a 2019 Venue DCT, and it has run 21K Km.
It has not had a single transmission-related issue or overheating as such in the almost 4 years of owning it. In our case, the DCT has been reliable. But a thing to note is most of our driving is in the city, and no issues during occasional highway drives too. My dad always pushes the car to its limits, and the DCT keeps up.

It has been a great experience with it so far, so I highly recommend it

On the warranty, I will check and let you know

Mod Note - Please quote relevant portion while replying. Proofread before posting.

Last edited by Turbanator : 21st August 2023 at 21:57. Reason: Back to back, trimmed quote. Spell/ Grammar.
Raghav07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2023, 19:25   #515
BHPian

Has anyone upgraded the projector setup on the Venue?

I think all the S+ and SX variants get halogen projectors, and the throw is decent, but would like to know if anyone has installed LED projectors.

If installed, could you please mention the brand and cost?
Old 24th August 2023, 07:52   #516
BHPian

Posting on behalf of my brother, who owns a Venue Model 2021, IMT turbo sx variant. He is currently facing two problems and would like an opinion -

1. Loss of power delivery in 2nd gear. It feels like you've let go of the accelerator for a second or two and the power then returns. This happens infrequently, and could not be reproduced by the service centre. Hence not rectified or even diagnosed by SC. When it happens though, it's very unnerving.

2. This issue actually happened right after the 20k servicing at the official Hyundai showroom.The manual mirrors do not open or close unless the button is pressed multiple times. Yesterday the mirror closed by itself while driving. The showroom denies ever touching the mirrors.

Any insight on either of these issues would be helpful.
Old 5th September 2023, 13:41   #517

Hi,

1) Believe it is the turbo lag that your brother experience. Before slotting into 2nd gear try to raise the RPM >2k as turbo kicks in after 1.5krpm only. So that there will be no loss of power observed.

2) ASC may be right as normally they don't touch mirrors unless they get any specific complaints on them. On the weird behavior of the mirrors, if they are being operated manually (open/close manual by hand) heavy chances of motor winding getting tampered. If issue is repetitive please check with ASC.
Old 15th September 2023, 22:54   #518
BHPian

Dear Venue owners, do you (who do not own the top most trim) change tyres to 16 inches or are you happy with the 15 inch tyres for predominantly city rides? I am planning to buy a 1.2 SX MT Knight Edition. My sales advisor told me that 16 inch upgrade is available only to alloy wheels that will cost Rs. 64000. However the technical person I talked to clearly told me that it is not necessary for my sedate city drive with a paltry 89 bhp engine!

I would have taken his word on face value except that he also said so what if rear wiper has been removed from the new SX MT, who needs them anyway?
Old 15th September 2023, 23:14   #519
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neomobile View Post
I am planning to buy a 1.2 SX MT Knight Edition. My sales advisor told me that 16 inch upgrade is available only to alloy wheels that will cost Rs. 64000. However the technical person I talked to clearly told me that it is not necessary for my sedate city drive with a paltry 89 bhp engine!
Yes, I'm still on 15 inch steel wheel & tyres. It look a bit like autorickshaw tyres but other than that, you will not find much difference in ride & handling.

Hyundai Venue : Official Review-img_20210326_170507.jpg

After 40k or 50k kms, you can always upgrade to 16 inch alloys & tyres.
SmartCat is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2023, 23:43   #520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartCat View Post
Yes, I'm still on 15 inch steel wheel & tyres. It look a bit like autorickshaw tyres but other than that, you will not find much difference in ride & handling.

Does it affect the ground clearance? According to the technical person, the ground clearance will not change as the aspect ratio of the tyres will change for 16 inch tyres. However my very limited knowledge makes me wonder if the ground clearance would reduce between 10 to 13 mm.
Old 15th September 2023, 23:53   #521
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neomobile View Post
Does it affect the ground clearance? According to the technical person, the ground clearance will not change as the aspect ratio of the tyres will change for 16 inch tyres. However my very limited knowledge makes me wonder if the ground clearance would reduce between 10 to 13 mm.
You are right! Looks like there is 14.5 mm ground clearance difference between 195/65R15s on base models and 215/60R16s on top end models
https://www.mycarhelpline.com/index....ize&Itemid=463

Hyundai Venue : Official Review-screenshot_1.jpg

Last edited by SmartCat : 16th September 2023 at 19:34.
SmartCat is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2023, 18:06   #522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartCat View Post
You are right! Looks like there is 14.5 mm ground clearance difference between 195/60R15s on base models and 215/60R16s on top end models
Looks like Hyundai trains their sales team on this. In 3 dealerships they refused to accept that there is even a mm difference in ground clearance because of tyre size difference from R16 to R15.

This is not the only thing. Even for safety they insisted that Venue is very safe each one claiming from 3.5 stars to 4.5 stars (yes, decimal included). I am wondering if this is a company driven strategy where they do not publish the ground clearance or send the cars for NCAP evaluation and insists that they are safe. Ground clearance between dealerships varies between 190 to 195 mm even with R15 and all of them are very confident that they are right even when I point out the discrepancy in the figures between dealers. A search on Hyundai India website did not yield any results.
Neomobile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2023, 12:30   #523
BHPian

I am facing this strange situation. My SE for Venue tells me that if I change tyres from outside, that is non Hyundai service outlet, the warranty would be void. Now when did Hyundai start selling tyres as official accessories? Are the service centres changing tyres now? Even in warranty wordings tyres, batteries etc are clearly mentioned to be warranted by their respective manufacturers. How do I counter him? This is just replacing tyres with better quality ones, not upsizing or changing from steel to alloys.
Old 25th October 2023, 11:29   #524
BHPian

Dear Team-BHPians,

Hope you all are well.

I am receiving an alert with 6 beeping sounds on turning off the ignition of my Venue SX MT (2019) petrol model, purchased in July 2019. I have attached a photo of the icon which is displayed on the screen at the time of the alert (I can share the video separately, if feasible). I have checked that all doors, boot and hood were closed. I sent the video of the same to the Hyundai SA and was informed that it's an alert for some door that was open.

Since that may not be the correct explanation, I am seeking help from owners and experts here on the reason behind this alert. If someone has experienced it or know the reason, I shall be very grateful for your guidance.

Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Venue : Official Review-instrument-panel-alert.jpg  

Old 9th November 2023, 11:29   #525
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarStruck View Post
I have attached a photo of the icon which is displayed on the screen at the time of the alert

If someone has experienced it or know the reason, I shall be very grateful for your guidance.
Hi! The alert that is displayed on the screen is for closure of the sun-roof when the engine is switched off. You can see the small portion of the roof of the car being open in the car image that blinks, along with 6-7 sounded alerts.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks